Some type of Djenty Post-Hardcore C4C

PDA

View Full Version : Some type of Djenty Post-Hardcore C4C

bassburton
11-26-2011, 03:55 PM
So I came up with what I think is a pretty cool riff the other day. I tabbed it out and added drums and bass. Then I added a clean break and a solo in each section. Anyhow, I wanted to hear other people's thoughts on this "piece." All input is appreciated and as always... C4C.

KirkChicoHammet
11-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Hey there :)

I think this is pretty cool, nice riffs you got there, when I saw djent on the thread title I thought it woulde be either something very interesting or very boring :D

Well, the first riff is great, and the drums are nice. Nice. The lead after is cool, reminds me of Wave of Babies (Animals as Leaders), but I don't know why xD. Anyway, cool solo.

The clean part is really great! I like the way you worked with the chords, and the drums are nice too. The solo here is more melodic, I like it better than the first one...

Well, that's it i guess. I can't say anything helpful, but great riffs you got there.

And if you wanna C4C you could check this link http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1489244

bassburton
11-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Well, you got some great riffs there. The only real problem I find is the one section where youu have the 16th note bass scale, you need to get yourself a good bassplayer for that. Maybe raising it an octave wouldn''t be a bad idea either. I like the clean chords and the last section with the guitar ringing out the best. Overall, it needs some work to be fleshed out into a proper song; but it has some great potential.

frankibo
11-27-2011, 09:07 AM
What you've got here is a very good and very original post hardcore piece. Excellent leads, clean part was lovely too.
Not djent though, at all.

bassburton
11-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Update: I added a whole bunch of other sections into the song. Namely: A pre-chorus, chorus, 6/8 section after the clean break, followed by a throw back into the first two sections and finally a more metalcore outro break. I also added a "secret" extra instrument.

kylendm
11-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Sounds pretty good but I wasn't fond of the rhythm guitars in the intro. They are a little too bland and simple compared to the rest of the song. I also feel the intro is supposed to catch you and want you to listen to the rest so maybe working on that could help the song a bit.