Fall City Fall

PDA

View Full Version : Fall City Fall

JamesWojak
11-30-2011, 03:18 PM
Calgary metalcore/hardcore
Really solid band, mildly under the radar, but they have a pretty dedicated western and central Canadian fan base.
They sport 2 vocalists, 1 of them doing high/mid/and low screams, while the other does some preach/pitch vocals and the odd mid scream part.
Nice mid guitar tones and some really creative riffing, with fast-paced drumming.
check em out and http://facebook.com/fallcityfall

songs i reccomend- Blackout/The body Discourse/The gate

technicolour
11-30-2011, 05:25 PM
listened to the gate, was pretty terrible.

synestershadows
11-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Holy shit, Justin. Why do you have to put down every band that isn't "tr00?" Really pisses me off.

technicolour
11-30-2011, 06:02 PM
it's got nothing to do with being "tr00" it's called good music.

You're welcome to try and defend this band if you'd like, and I'll take your points into consideration. But from a brief listen, this sounded like generic nu-metalcore.

blake1221
11-30-2011, 06:41 PM
it's got nothing to do with being "tr00" it's called good music.

You're welcome to try and defend this band if you'd like, and I'll take your points into consideration. But from a brief listen, this sounded like generic nu-metalcore.

It had a lot of redeeming factors the longer it went on.

I wouldn't say it's awesome or all that good even, but I can definitely tell it's got a broad appeal.

technicolour
11-30-2011, 06:45 PM
It had a lot of redeeming factors the longer it went on.

I wouldn't say it's awesome or all that good even, but I can definitely tell it's got a broad appeal.

such as?

I can tell it has a broad appeal too, but that's not necessarily a good thing.

blake1221
11-30-2011, 07:14 PM
"A lot" was poor word choice, but I didn't mind the approach with La Dispute-esque vocals thrown in, slightly new take with something that sound. Heavy parts were mosh-able enough. :shrug:

Like I said, nothing crazy good, but it wasn't as shitty as a lot of the other bands flooding the market.

InstantAXonHero
11-30-2011, 07:21 PM
Justin doesn't like it because it's not about sleeping with 15 year old girls.

technicolour
11-30-2011, 07:22 PM
well, I agree with the last statement...but just because a lot of the other bands flooding the market are unbelievably shitty, while this one is just shitty.

JamesWojak
11-30-2011, 08:00 PM
haha i know the members pretty well, theyve moved on from the album and have lots of new material.
that song is overly metalcore at points, if your willing to give a second listen, "blackout" may interest you.

synestershadows
11-30-2011, 08:06 PM
:haha:

that song is overly metalcore at points, if your willing to give a second listen, "blackout" may interest you.
No...it won't. He's the most stubborn person I know regarding music.

JamesWojak
11-30-2011, 08:11 PM
No...it won't. He's the most stubborn person I know regarding music.
Should we get in a tussle?
like the band or get ready for some chin checkin.

tancanada
11-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Justin doesn't like it because it's not about sleeping with 15 year old boys.

Yeah...

technicolour
11-30-2011, 09:14 PM

a valid point. I'll be sure to seriously consider your musical opinions in the future.

as we all know, my favourite His hero is gone song is "widen the anal canal of the sons of businessmen"

Maybe you guys should actually try to justify why this band is good instead of making lame jokes. I mean, I think I've been pretty courteous in not saying something like "the reason you guys think this band is good is because you have shit musical tastes" so the least you can do in turn is avoid tired and immature comments like "it's not kvlt enough for justin."

And if you want to know why I think this band is bad, I'll glad explain in the most reasonable manner I can.

JamesWojak
11-30-2011, 09:19 PM
cue; "my plague" - slipknot

synestershadows
11-30-2011, 09:30 PM
a valid point. I'll be sure to seriously consider your musical opinions in the future.

as we all know, my favourite His hero is gone song is "widen the anal canal of the sons of businessmen"

Maybe you guys should actually try to justify why this band is good instead of making lame jokes. I mean, I think I've been pretty courteous in not saying something like "the reason you guys think this band is good is because you have shit musical tastes" so the least you can do in turn is avoid tired and immature comments like "it's not kvlt enough for justin."

And if you want to know why I think this band is bad, I'll glad explain in the most reasonable manner I can.
It isn't kvlt enough for you.

I dono dude, it's solid sounding metalcore/hardcore that I can jam to. I can hear all these influences in their sound: Converge, Architects, Defeater (ish), and just straight up (nu) metalcore. It's not amazing, but it's pretty cool, and definitely doesn't deserve the criticism you're giving it.

ChemicalFire
11-30-2011, 09:40 PM
It sounds more like they've got other better bands and mixed them together, instead of just taking influence from, they've just lifted aspects whole sale. The intro lyrics to Dissentipede sounded like they were ripped straight from a La Dispute song.

synestershadows
11-30-2011, 09:49 PM
It sounds more like they've got other better bands and mixed them together, instead of just taking influence from, they've just lifted aspects whole sale. The intro lyrics to Dissentipede sounded like they were ripped straight from a La Dispute song.
Not at all.

datskramzkid
11-30-2011, 10:56 PM
I'm going to have to agree with Justin on this one. I mean, this band has a few good things and they sound better than a lot of metalcore bands of today, but they aren't that good. It's like if The Chariot tried to be more chugga chugga.

So like Norma Jean.

technicolour
12-01-2011, 01:33 AM
It isn't kvlt enough for you.

I dono dude, it's solid sounding metalcore/hardcore that I can jam to. I can hear all these influences in their sound: Converge, Architects, Defeater (ish), and just straight up (nu) metalcore. It's not amazing, but it's pretty cool, and definitely doesn't deserve the criticism you're giving it.

I hear no intensity that is character of converge's music.

Architects and defeater are mute points because while I don't not like those bands, I find nothing interesting in them either. Defeater has the whole story thing going for them though, that this band lacks.

I really didn't think I was being that critical, I've said far worse than "pretty terrible" about other bands.

zezimathehero
12-01-2011, 03:41 AM
Wait really? This band sucks. I've seen them live more times than I can count and it's been a steady decline for like, 4 years.

JamesWojak
12-01-2011, 03:45 AM
Im gonna have to disagree dude, Ive been following em since there first tour to their most recent, did u catch their new material live? its promising

zezimathehero
12-01-2011, 04:00 AM
Yeah, its really boring.

JamesWojak
12-01-2011, 04:03 AM
meh, i suppose being in calgary you probably get sick of em.
i respect your opinion.
they had a slower song that was pretty rad tho.

datskramzkid
12-01-2011, 04:12 AM
Yeah, its really boring.
Did you see them on their tour with Breaking the Fourth Wall? They're from Montreal and were like a worse version of Fear Before The March Of Flames. I think they toured together. Maybe.

JamesWojak
12-01-2011, 04:19 AM
breaking the fourth wall isnt all that bad, we've played with em a few times.
check out their song "euphoria died tonight" on youtube.
its one song i enjoyed.

datskramzkid
12-01-2011, 04:29 AM
Yeah, we played with them in Montreal back when I was like 14 or something. They were huge here. Like 500 kids a show huge.

JamesWojak
12-01-2011, 04:39 AM
shows dont get that much people over here,
but they had a good following here, they're done know though, in case you didnt hear.
vocalist went to pursue ministry.

zezimathehero
12-01-2011, 08:21 PM
No, I saw them at every local (metalcore) show I went to between the ages of 15 and now.

Levi79
12-29-2011, 02:25 AM
I really enjoy this band. The vocals are really cool and unique. They are based about 2 hours drive from me.

Rher1can
07-25-2012, 12:14 AM
If you think these guys are bad, you should listen to the rest of the Calgary/Alberta hardcore scene. Their debut was great, more dynamic than a lot of the bands here. Their latest EP was slightly half-assed. They're working on another EP, Nathan - one of their vocalists - showed me some clips, and they've really improved since 1629 (or whatever it's called).
These guys definitely deserve some props.

asator
07-25-2012, 11:02 AM
If you think these guys are bad, you should listen to the rest of the Calgary/Alberta hardcore scene. Their debut was great, more dynamic than a lot of the bands here. Their latest EP was slightly half-assed. They're working on another EP, Nathan - one of their vocalists - showed me some clips, and they've really improved since 1629 (or whatever it's called).
These guys definitely deserve some props.
Todos Caeran, Mahria, Cope, Maus, Brain Fever, Book of Caverns, The Fucking Lottery, Wolfgoat, Slowhand, Minuet, Oh Messy Life, Tel Fyr, Coalspur.

All of these bands are from Alberta, and a handful are from Calgary. They all play some variation on hardcore or punk, and they're all great.

InstantAXonHero
07-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Isn't 'Todos Caeran' that band in which all band members are actually made up of gear and amp valves?

Levi79
01-22-2013, 07:38 PM
Any one else love Victus? So stoked on how far these dudes have gotten in the past while.

synestershadows
01-22-2013, 08:20 PM
I heard like one song from the album and it was decent. It sounds like they're trying too hard to be Stray From The Path or something though.

Annihilator666
01-22-2013, 08:25 PM
I've had it for a few days and Victus gets a lot better with every listen.

And I don't get Stray From The Path at all from these guys. More of a The Chariot/ETID/La Dispute (vocally) mix.

datskramzkid
01-22-2013, 08:25 PM
I heard like one song from the album and it was decent. It sounds like they're trying too hard to be Stray From The Path or something though.
"Liked by Andrew Edelson"

synestershadows
01-22-2013, 08:36 PM
I never said I hated it. It's alright. I'll probably check out the rest of the album. I had them liked ever since this thread started. I kinda liked what they were doing and was interested in hearing more.

BK202
01-22-2013, 09:00 PM
vomit

technicolour
01-22-2013, 11:54 PM
Holy shit I can't believe how nice I was in this thread :haha:

Band is still terrible, in fact, after listening to/watching that music video (I assume that's new material) I am downgrading them to shit. The lows (vocals) were sickening, it's like they're trying to combine chugging with la disputing.

Every band Danny mentioned (that I am familiar with) is much better than this band. Cope drives a crucifix up it's godamn rectum.

Annihilator666
01-23-2013, 05:38 PM
What bums me out is that 5 of the bands he mentioned don't exist anymore.

dak_uiowa
02-14-2013, 12:32 PM
Fall city fall.. i remember listening to 1629. I liked 'the body discourse'

brodeo
04-16-2014, 11:42 PM
My favourite songs by these guys are "Funeralationship" and "Taken". Both are really slow songs that really take you with then while they fade in an out. I have no idea how such painful, angry songs make me so happy, but they do. I really want to see a guitar and bass tab for "Taken". Not a difficult song to figure out, I assume. But I don't have the time to make it for myself :(