Death Metal C4C

PDA

View Full Version : Death Metal C4C

touke
11-30-2011, 07:47 PM
It's a bit technical but not very, I don't think I would consider it tech death. Please give me some crit on the structure of this so far.. it is not finished yet (maybe almost?).

c4c as always

MorbidAngel1989
11-30-2011, 08:18 PM
Well it's tech death in the way that there's a lot of harmonization that's very typical in a band like Necrophagist. Just not as fast/hard to play. Some of the riffs like the one at 15 would be more powerful if they aren't harmonized and both guitars are playing the same thing. Feel free to keep the crazy fills harmonized but imo that would make it wound more badass. The palm mutes on the riff starting at 67 sound weird, but that's probably cuz it's guitar pro. Overall there's a lot of potential. Maybe add some other instruments, have more than just 8th notes and sixteenth notes, a couple of cool fast paced parts, this can sound awesome. I also kinda thought the little higher part the second guitar plays on the first riff was cool. C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1499928

MorbidAngel1989
11-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Forgot to mention it sounds like a mixture of Death and Necrophagist.

touke
11-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Thanks for your advice MA. I see what you mean about 15, I might just keep 15 - 30 harmonized as it would be a cool part leading into the verse, where I'll do a mixture of harmonizing and keeping it the same on each guitar. The palm mutes are good when I play it.
Not done with it yet, so hopefully there'll be more than 8th and 16th notes when I'm finished ;)

Forgot to mention it sounds like a mixture of Death and Necrophagist.

Thanks, I've heard something like that before with a different song. I'll check yours out soon enough!

MetalCommand
12-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Like the triplets part, they provide some variance, as do the sixteenth note parts. Perhaps you could also add some other rhythms to mix it up a bit. It really needs drums and bass before it can be judged properly. Quite like the part starting at bar 51. Ends a bit suddenly. Overall it's good what you have so far, keep working on it.

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1500443

kcorkcar
12-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Pretty good stuff you got here. I'd like to hear more of those tremolo picked lines in there. I'd have to agree with MetalCommand about adding a bass guitar and some drums before I can really critique it. Oh, and please find a better way to end the song, I felt as if it was a cliff hanger, slightly.

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1500691

touke
12-01-2011, 10:38 PM
MetalCommand and kcorkcar, thank you both for commenting. I know it's difficult to give some crit when there are only two guitars, but I thought I'd up this anyway to see what you all thought about these riffs.

It's not totally finished yet, so that's why it's a cliffhanger at the moment. I will be recording this as soon as I'm finished writing, and most of it might be changed anyway. I guess I shouldn't really ask for crit when I'm not completely sure this is how it'll sound, heh.

I'll c4c as soon as I can

touke
12-08-2011, 08:54 PM
The song is recorded rough and is a bit changed up, the thread can be found here:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1501022

Please review it, and c4c as always!

xbitmetal
12-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Good work! Nothing else to say.

^SiVART^
12-13-2011, 10:39 PM
This is Death Metal but has technical elements.

I thought this was good.
I like the intro riff alot.
Measure 67 I thought was good and added to the song. I liked the Palm Muting.
The harmonizing is nice.

The only thing is maybe throw in another tremelo riff or more fast paced riff.
And I think personaly a bassline that is wrote good enough could really add to this song.
maybe a bassline that is like Obscura or somthing in that kind of style.

All in all I liked it and would be awesome to listen to if you record it with all parts.

touke
12-13-2011, 11:22 PM
This is Death Metal but has technical elements.

I thought this was good.
I like the intro riff alot.
Measure 67 I thought was good and added to the song. I liked the Palm Muting.
The harmonizing is nice.

The only thing is maybe throw in another tremelo riff or more fast paced riff.
And I think personaly a bassline that is wrote good enough could really add to this song.
maybe a bassline that is like Obscura or somthing in that kind of style.

All in all I liked it and would be awesome to listen to if you record it with all parts.

Thanks man! It's already been recorded, and uploaded to my page. It's called "Human Aberration" if you want to check it out