Infinity Calls

PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Calls

astro0930
12-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Alright so this is a prog piece (the title is only tentative). It's the first part of a long song. Think the Overture section of Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, it covers a few different melodies and such and kind of previews what's yet to come. I have yet to write the rest of them. It's also meant to segue directly into the beginning of the next song which explains the "weird" measure at the end.

So, crit for crit, anyone?

MetalCommand
12-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Ermm I'm getting an error message when trying to open it. Not sure if it's a problem with what you've uploaded or with my pc? Sounds good from the description though!

astro0930
12-02-2011, 12:30 AM
It might be because it's in TuxGuitar format. I'll try and reupload it, thanks for the heads up!

astro0930
12-02-2011, 03:24 PM
I re uploaded it, hopefully it'll open now.

Jack Nacho
12-03-2011, 07:51 PM
lol. Dude. Im sry ur the one but i have to ask somebody. . .HOW THE HELL DID U GET THE DRUM TRACK TO SWITCH FROM THE 4TH TRACK TO IT? ALSO. .wats the point of it when u didnt even use the original respective intsrument?. . .reminder. . .sry ur the one im asking. . .its just iv seen so many compositions that had that and i cant seem to fig it out.

Nacho out. ..

astro0930
12-04-2011, 01:34 AM
I don't really understand what you're asking? I used all of the tracks that I put in the file.

It might have something to do with the tux guitar to guitar pro conversion, that's my only guess. I still have no idea what you're asking though.

Emperor's Child
12-04-2011, 08:19 AM
^ Tux Guitar to Guitar Pro conversion sometimes labels Percussion as an Acoustic Piano - I'd guess that's what he means. It can usually be avoided by converting to GP4 instead of GP5.

OT: Some good ideas in there and some nice melodies. The changes in tempo are nice for mixing things up a bit, although I would still say that some part where a bit repetitive or simplistic.

The change at bar 67 was an interesting one, had a sort of Muse feel to it, but Dream Theater are Muse fans so it could be something to do with that. My favourite part was definietely the last part from bar 86 onwards. That piano part was just nice - no complaints there.

All in all, I'd say it could probably do with a few tweaks here and there but it's a good start. Good luck with the rest of the song.

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1501213

Jack Nacho
12-04-2011, 10:47 PM
My child has it right. It is showing percussion as Acoustic Piano.

Lol. I just realized i did'nt even crit ur piece.

Um. . . ok.

So I like the over all sound. The pieces seemed to go together pretty good without changing the mood. Meh child pretty much said it all.

Bueno trabajo!

MetalCommand
12-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Bass parts complement the acoustic guitar well near the beginning. Like the section starting at bar 36, quite a lot going on, the square lead adds a different texture, which is nice. The 3/4 section at bar 50 is very nice and melodic. Some of the transitions could be smoother, it seems to jump apart too suddenly at times. I would be looking to develop certain sections a bit more rather than moving to different ones so much. However, I do think that most of the parts you do have are excellent.

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1500443

astro0930
12-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Thanks, all.

I will gladly C4C, probably sometime tomorrow.

:cheers: