Moody Acoustic Piece(c4c)

PDA

View Full Version : Moody Acoustic Piece(c4c)

Seb1uk
12-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Haven't written anything for a long, long time being at uni and all now. But since I've got my acoustic I come up with something every now and then. I'm kinda thinking it'd be cool to have vocals on this, or some soft, glitch drums in the background, kinda Periphery-like.

It's a fairly basic song though, not very technical and chord progressions are quite generic, but I just thought it sounds nice and wanted to share it.

EDIT: Added 8 bars in final section

Erra93
12-05-2011, 02:17 AM
I love pretty much every thing you write it seems, really great work mate! :)
Couldn't care less if it's generic, though I can't hear it :p

I really don't get how this all comes to you, I could probably listen to just the MIDI sound of it the whole day, that's how smooth it is :)

Emperor's Child
12-05-2011, 08:01 AM
Arpeggio at the start is nice but I'm not overly enthusiastic about the transition, although the next part is good. Liked the part at bar 77, in fact there are some rather nice chords thrown around that section. The outro arpeggio was also fairly nice.

I'd say it was very easy to listen to. ^ I wouldn't listen to it all day though :p:.

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1501213

frankibo
12-05-2011, 04:07 PM
77-78, pure genius.

aCloudConnected
12-06-2011, 02:11 AM
At first, I was a little "eh..." about the triplets in the beginning, but I got into it after a view repetitions, and the progression that starts to ease itself into is pretty well done. And then you really start getting into it with the chords and melodies and it sounds terrific, and then 77-78 comes in and wowwees.

I'd like to hear it played on an actual instrument, rather than just the midi. I think it would really round it out with some human error thrown in. I think I might learn it so I can actually hear it.

Great work!

Uber Man
12-08-2011, 05:40 PM
77-78, pure genius.

^^

couldn't agree more.

This the first song i've seen in a while that i liked enough to comment on, and there was only one instrument. xD

It kinda reminds me of andy mckee, only a touch less technical.

CheesyMozarella
12-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Ah, this was a nice breeze of awesome music.

Seb1uk
12-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Thanks a lot for the positive feedback, quite surprised it got receieved so well. I'll definitely wanna record this once I can play it cleanly, I just struggle a bit on bars 19-26. I added 8 extra bars in the final section just after the strumming part which I quite liked, not sure how necessary it is, and if it drags it out a bit...

Sorry I haven't returned the crit yet Emperor's Child, I should have time at some point tomorrow.