Gorod influenced Technical Death metal

PDA

View Full Version : Gorod influenced Technical Death metal

touke
12-11-2011, 11:10 PM
At least, I think it's technical :confused:

Anyway, it's just a short idea for a song including intro, verse and bridge. Please, give me some opinions!

C4C

^SiVART^
12-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Ya man this is technical death metal.

I thought it was pretty good. Nice song writing.
You should just make it longer and record it.

It almost reminded me of some of Obscura's kind of stuff, but it's diffrent, although I
don't listen to Gorod to often. I listen more to the Brain Drill, Viraemia, Monumental Torment sorta tech death.

But I think it's really good. Just get a bassline in there and you're set.

Geldin
12-14-2011, 12:12 AM
Definitely got some Gorod influence in there. Reminds me a lot of stuff off of Leading Vision. Really groovy with some nice harmonies in there. I honestly don't think I'd change anything in there. It's got everything about right. Chuck in a complimentary bass line and you're good.

touke
12-14-2011, 06:50 PM
Thanks dudes! I've already added some more to it, with some odd time signatures and whatnot (Though I didn't try to force them in, they just fit). I'm posting the full song once it's done. Appreciate your feedback!

Geldin
12-14-2011, 10:04 PM
I definitely look forward to hearing the finished product. I've used some odd signatures in the past, but as long as they work, it doesn't matter if it's 4/4, 5/8, or 23/16.

touke
12-24-2011, 03:51 AM
I recorded a short preview of the ideas in this tab, plus added some more technical parts and another really cool melodic riff. It can be heard here:

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/touke/music/all/play1070949

Seb1uk
12-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Sorry it's taken me so long to return the crit, been really busy.

Really enjoyed that though, the guitar riffs were just pretty sick, I didn't think the intro riff was the most original but it was fun to listen to. I liked how you varied it as well the second time. My favourite part was probably what I'm guessing is the verse, starting at bar 42.

So nothing bad to say so far, just keep on going with it.