THPS/THUP soundtrack discussion thread

PDA

View Full Version : THPS/THUP soundtrack discussion thread

ShiftedSoul
12-16-2011, 01:14 PM
I really miss them. I remember a few months back they were on a tour, but their new stuff is really only good listening for those of musicians who can actually depict whats going on hahahaha. They stopped playing catchy tunes, which isn't a bad thing it just took away a lot of their fans, and started getting boring to the people :( Whats your opinion on The Fall of Troy? I'm sure most of you liked/listened to them when you were younger. Especially if you played Guitar Hero. :haha:

Zeletros
12-16-2011, 01:44 PM
It's good for them that they are moving into a new direction and not just playing what everyone wants them to play

HH_Emo_666
12-16-2011, 02:02 PM
To be honest, I only listened to a few of their songs. I really wasn't into them. It just aggravates me how people listen to them and say Thomas Erak is the best guitarist of all time. Like, no. The reason why I don't like them is because just because you can play really fast doesn't mean your really good. I mean, yeah they are good, but its just something I dislike. Probably the same reason why I don't like Dragon Force (besides, I'm not gay)

kingbabyduck
12-16-2011, 02:18 PM
just to let you know, there already is a thread about them.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276108

datskramzkid
12-16-2011, 02:19 PM
To be honest, I only listened to a few of their songs. I really wasn't into them. It just aggravates me how people listen to them and say Thomas Erak is the best guitarist of all time. Like, no. The reason why I don't like them is because just because you can play really fast doesn't mean your really good. I mean, yeah they are good, but its just something I dislike. Probably the same reason why I don't like Dragon Force (besides, I'm not gay)
Maybe you are gay.

blake1221
12-16-2011, 02:23 PM
He's probably gay.

HH_Emo_666
12-16-2011, 02:28 PM
Oh yeah, I'm super gay.

blake1221
12-16-2011, 02:33 PM
See? You couldn't be straight with that username.

datskramzkid
12-16-2011, 02:53 PM
666 is his preferred amount of administered penis.

The Spoon
12-16-2011, 03:11 PM
:haha

Yeah, back in the day (aka like 2 years ago) everyone loved Thomas. I think it was a combination of him being such a presence on stage, while being a pretty wacky guitar player, and singing and screaming all in one show. He was just one guy, but he was pretty awesome in all aspects of a live show, imo. The fact that there was only 3 of them making the music also really appealed to me and that's why I admired them.

Just Like Vinyl's new record is apparently going to be heavier and better according to them. I haven't totally given up on Thomas, so i'll give this one a listen. Hopefully it'll be good.

blake1221
12-16-2011, 03:13 PM
666 is his preferred amount of administered penis.

:haha: :haha:

But Doctor, isn't that double the daily recommended dose!?

MustangMan311
12-16-2011, 03:15 PM
WHERE DO THESE PEOPLE COME FROM?! And why is the first post so... bad?

blake1221
12-16-2011, 03:20 PM
It happens every time there's a new thread, because people see it on the UG homepage.

synestershadows
12-16-2011, 03:20 PM
search bar would've done wonders...

lushacrous
12-16-2011, 04:44 PM
Doppelganger is my favorite and most listened to album of all time. The rest is really really hit or miss. And the way I see it is, even if we do get a reunion, it's still not going to be the the same so blkajdaekdsjva

DimebagLivesOn
12-16-2011, 06:13 PM
I really miss them. I remember a few months back they were on a tour, but their new stuff is really only good listening for those of musicians who can actually depict whats going on hahahaha. They stopped playing catchy tunes, which isn't a bad thing it just took away a lot of their fans, and started getting boring to the people :( Whats your opinion on The Fall of Troy? I'm sure most of you liked/listened to them when you were younger. Especially if you played Guitar Hero. :haha:
Believe it or not, most of us don't discover music from video games.

datskramzkid
12-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Not gonna lie, I've only heard FCPREMIX from Rock Band or Guitar Hero or whatever haha

DimebagLivesOn
12-16-2011, 06:22 PM
I've known about them for quite a while since they're from my state :p:

BK202
12-16-2011, 06:41 PM
Saints Row Two had a great soundtrack, with DEP, Minus the Bear, Motion City Soundtrack, etc.

As did the later Tony Hawk games. The ones where Powerman 5000 isn't part of the soundtrack.

MustangMan311
12-16-2011, 09:43 PM
Fuck you, THPS2 was the best soundtrack.

Though Fall Out Boy covering Gorilla Biscuits was pretty sweet.

datskramzkid
12-16-2011, 10:06 PM
THUG has the best soundtrack of any video game ever, and that is fact.

asator
12-16-2011, 10:39 PM
THPS2 had my favourite soundtrack, although THUG's was pretty much perfect too. Some of the covers on American Wasteland were cool, some weren't. It had fairly solid non-cover songs as well.

Those games had the best soundtracks.

thecrowing33
12-17-2011, 12:37 AM
What involving Fall Out Boy isn't sweet?

asator
12-17-2011, 10:32 AM
Their last two albums and the fact that Patrick Stump's management didn't get back to us about having him feature on my band's next release.

Magero
12-17-2011, 10:35 AM

All posts other than this are irrelevant.

BK202
12-17-2011, 10:43 AM
That Powerman 5000 song was pretty terrible though.

Hey, next time Jay's on, he should rename this thread to the THPS/THUP soundtrack discussion thread, because there already is a huge FoT thread.

Magero
12-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Nash made a THPS/THUG music thread ages ago. Still floating around somewhere. We all agreed that THPS2 was victorious and then it kinda faded away.

BK202
12-17-2011, 10:50 AM
There can never be enough threads dedicated to that perfect video game/soundtrack series.

Magero
12-17-2011, 11:14 AM
THERE'S A PLACE WHERE EVERYONE CAN BE HAAAPPPPPYYY
IT'S THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE IN THE WHOLE FUCKING WOOOORLD

asator
12-17-2011, 02:17 PM
THERE'S A PLACE WHERE EVERYONE CAN BE HAAAPPPPPYYY
IT'S THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE IN THE WHOLE FUCKING WOOOORLD
Bad Religion always had the best songs on those games.

BK202
12-17-2011, 02:24 PM
I remember being really stoked when I played THUG2 and hearing Das Oath on the soundtrack.

InstantAXonHero
12-17-2011, 03:24 PM
THPS4 hands down:

Goldfinger
Hot Water Music
The Distillers
Flogging Molly
Agent Orange
The Bouncing Souls
Zeke
Toy Dolls
US Bombs

Plus skating in an elephants enclosure.

datskramzkid
12-17-2011, 06:27 PM
Their last two albums and the fact that Patrick Stump's management didn't get back to us about having him feature on my band's next release.
Haha did you really?

Transit tweeted him, and he sang a verse on one of their new songs.

Amuro Jay
12-17-2011, 07:01 PM
That Powerman 5000 song was pretty terrible though.

Hey, next time Jay's on, he should rename this thread to the THPS/THUP soundtrack discussion thread, because there already is a huge FoT thread.
done

i fudging loved the tony hawk soundtracks

lolmnt
12-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Molly likes her handjobs
and Toby's just a fat slob

They get drunk all day
And fuck their world away
Just like we did

datskramzkid
12-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Yo I heard that heaven is a halfpipe, but that's only half right
You don't have to skate vert to find your heaven on this earth
You can skate a parking lot to see it all for what it's worth
Heelflip, twelve stairs and still receive no share.

IT USED TO BE SO FUN WE ROLLED FROM CONCERTS TO SPOTS
MAKING MAGIC REAPING HAVOC ON THE LOCAL PARKING LOT

blake1221
12-17-2011, 07:20 PM
This is actually relevant, my escape plan that never went through from the Tigers Jawpitfunnight.

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy90/Jimberjams/SAFD.png

Also, is there a Goldfinger thread anywhere?

I feel like I need to talk about Mable and San Simeon.

technicolour
12-17-2011, 07:24 PM
What involving Fall Out Boy isn't sweet?

fall out boy

blake1221
12-17-2011, 07:25 PM
fall out boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7V8WovYn6o

BK202
12-17-2011, 07:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7V8WovYn6o
You're talking to Justin. Keep this in mind.

Also, I'm glad this thread got changed.

blake1221
12-17-2011, 08:00 PM
I know I'm talking to Justin, he should be able to recognize how tr00 Fall Out Boy is.

They practically pioneered pop punk.

BK202
12-17-2011, 08:10 PM
COUGH COUGH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHd-PLgKlbs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfy9ZqKUJjU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0SLh7bywpM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GOQWyoUDJQ

blake1221
12-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Probably should have left this in that post:

http://localhostr.com/file/xzMF7m0/appearing%20coolface.gif

BK202
12-17-2011, 08:15 PM
I had a feeling, but whenever someone says something like that, three overzealous middle-schoolers jump from the woodwork and start defending Fall Out Boy as the true heroes of pop-punk.

InstantAXonHero
12-17-2011, 08:17 PM
I'm just a notch in your bedpost but you're just a line in a song.

asator
12-17-2011, 08:44 PM
Haha did you really?

Transit tweeted him, and he sang a verse on one of their new songs.
Bastards. We saw he featured on that and Weekend Nachos' new album, so we just thought "fuck it, why not?" and sent a stupid email to his management. They emailed back basically saying "sure, just send over a song and we'll see!". We did, and got no reply.

Not surprising, really.

blake1221
12-17-2011, 08:45 PM
I had a feeling, but whenever someone says something like that, three overzealous middle-schoolers jump from the woodwork and start defending Fall Out Boy as the true heroes of pop-punk.

True, it was better that you were well prepared, just in case.

technicolour
12-17-2011, 11:55 PM
I know I'm talking to Justin, he should be able to recognize how tr00 Fall Out Boy is.

I can't tell if you're joking or not, and that is upsetting.
edit:nvm, saw the next post

I like me some pop punk, I like the bouncing souls, some lawrence arms stuff, joyce manor, etc.

But you gotta draw the line somewhere.

MustangMan311
12-18-2011, 12:24 AM
Bastards. We saw he featured on that and Weekend Nachos' new album, so we just thought "fuck it, why not?" and sent a stupid email to his management. They emailed back basically saying "sure, just send over a song and we'll see!". We did, and got no reply.

Not surprising, really.
I do believe he personally knows the WN dudes. Also, Fall Out Boy is one of my favorite bands. Fucking love them.

blake1221
12-18-2011, 12:34 AM
Take This to Your Grave and From Under the Cork Tree are so good.

And I love their cover of Love Will Tear Us Apart

brad5992
12-18-2011, 12:43 AM
Fall Out Boy's Start Today cover sucked

The Spoon
12-18-2011, 12:53 AM
I used to dislike Fall Out Boy for no reason back in the day. Till I realize that I never really listened to them. I have no reason to hate them, really.

And the THPS always had addicting soundtracks, found a lot of cool music through those games.

BK202
12-18-2011, 01:24 AM
For every good song FOB has, they have like two boring/bad ones.

TheBDanAbstract
12-18-2011, 01:49 AM

Though Fall Out Boy covering Gorilla Biscuits was pretty sweet.

Take This to Your Grave and From Under the Cork Tree are so good.

I do believe he personally knows the WN dudes. Also, Fall Out Boy is one of my favorite bands. Fucking love them.

All of the above statements are true and/or I agree with.

It's refreshing to see that Cody and I actually agree on something.

Plus, THPS2 had Millencolin. Fucking win right there.

asator
12-18-2011, 03:06 AM
We figured that since they were both from Chicago. We just did it because we thought it would be funny. And it was; when we got a reply we couldn't stop laughing. I'll post the transcript of the email in a while so you guys can appreciate how ludicrous it was and not think I genuinely expected Patrick Stump to fly to Scotland to do vocals on a tiny emo band's track. :p:

BK202
12-18-2011, 03:08 AM
What if he chooses to actually do it for you guys?

asator
12-18-2011, 03:11 AM
Then that would be the best thing ever, obviously! It's a win win situation. If he does it, it'll rule, and if (when) he doesn't, it'll be funny because we were never serious about it in the first place.

This is what we sent them:

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right email to get in touch with about
> > this, but we want to get Patrick Stump to do some vocals on our new record.
> > We saw him collaborate with Transit and we were all like: "Fair enough,
> > Transit are a new and innovative pop punk band doing their thing and doing
> > it well", THEN we see him collaborate with WEEKEND NACHOS and it's like "Why
> > not? Let's ask Patrick Stump, that guy has a cool voice and Fall Out Boy
> > made a couple of really good records". At this point, we think it would be a
> > strong career move for us both if Pat came over here (or tele-commuted) a
> > feature spot for our new album. We look forward to hearing a positive
> > response from you.
> >
> > Your friends,
> >
> > Cavalcades

blake1221
12-18-2011, 04:02 AM
Then that would be the best thing ever, obviously! It's a win win situation. If he does it, it'll rule, and if (when) he doesn't, it'll be funny because we were never serious about it in the first place.

This is what we sent them:

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right email to get in touch with about
> > this, but we want to get Patrick Stump to do some vocals on our new record.
> > We saw him collaborate with Transit and we were all like: "Fair enough,
> > Transit are a new and innovative pop punk band doing their thing and doing
> > it well", THEN we see him collaborate with WEEKEND NACHOS and it's like "Why
> > not? Let's ask Patrick Stump, that guy has a cool voice and Fall Out Boy
> > made a couple of really good records". At this point, we think it would be a
> > strong career move for us both if Pat came over here (or tele-commuted) a
> > feature spot for our new album. We look forward to hearing a positive
> > response from you.
> >
> > Your friends,
> >
> > Cavalcades

I love the "strong career move" part :haha:

You could buy his ticket over, and resubmit the email stating that you'll cover flight costs. If it's that much cheaper for him, you would have that much more of a chance. :p:

InstantAXonHero
12-18-2011, 12:03 PM
But you gotta draw the line somewhere.

You're just jealous cause FOB stole all the 15 year old girls that you'd otherwise be sleeping with, (for the wrong team).

InstantAXonHero
12-18-2011, 12:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwCjKnlfmoA&feature=relmfu

What!?!?

technicolour
12-18-2011, 03:02 PM
You're just jealous cause FOB stole all the 15 year old girls that you'd otherwise be sleeping with, (for the wrong team).

where did this whole I'm a pedophile thing come from? I mean, I am, but how do you know?

datskramzkid
12-18-2011, 08:26 PM

Not surprising, really.
I think that he would actually do it. I mean, yeah when he guested on Mis Sigs, and on WN it's because they're all friends from the midwest hardcore scene, but he seems like someone who's down to keep his roots, and Camel Aids doesn't sound like someone who just wants his guest vox so they can get recognized, so I don't know. How long ago was this?

Also, FOB is one of my favourite bands, and I love every single one of their songs, until Infinity on High, and I dislike their last jam.

asator
12-18-2011, 08:31 PM
The whole exchange has been in the past month. And I love that you're still calling us Camel Aids, about 9 months after that stopped being a thing. Never stop :p:

datskramzkid
12-18-2011, 08:37 PM
I gotta support my favourite scottish emo/not quite screamo/melodic hardcore but not really? band.

Also, do you guys know Kerouac and The Long Haul? They're from your neck of the woods, and Paul's new band mentioned them at least 10203 times when I hung out with them, and they mentioned wanting to become those bands haha

InstantAXonHero
12-18-2011, 09:07 PM
where did this whole I'm a pedophile thing come from? I mean, I am, but how do you know?

You said something several months ago but not being interested if it wasn't about 15 year old girls.

asator
12-18-2011, 10:34 PM
I gotta support my favourite scottish emo/not quite screamo/melodic hardcore but not really? band.

Also, do you guys know Kerouac and The Long Haul? They're from your neck of the woods, and Paul's new band mentioned them at least 10203 times when I hung out with them, and they mentioned wanting to become those bands haha
We know of them. Why would they set their sights on being at the level of two fairly small UK bands? I mean, they're good bands, but I wouldn't call them influential or anything just yet.

We played a show with Pariso and the Kerouac singer was filling in for their vocalist. He was cool. And the drummer from the Long Haul is a childhood friend of one of my good friends.

technicolour
12-19-2011, 12:01 AM
You said something several months ago but not being interested if it wasn't about 15 year old girls.

related: I was chatting with my bandmates last night, and they were talking about peoples' girlfriends or something, and matt said something like "yeah, she was really hot for a 14 year old...she's not that good looking anymore." (she's like 18 now) :p:

lolmnt
12-19-2011, 06:05 PM
NCAA Football 06 had a great soundtrack.

Bad Religion - "Atomic Garden"
The Clash - " Train in Vain (Stand by Me)"
De La Soul - "Me Myself and I"
Guided by Voices - "Teenage FBI"
Jawbreaker - "Bad Scene, Everyone's Fault"
Lagwagon - "Know It All"
Lush - "Ladykillers"
Mother Love Bone - "This Is Shangri-La"
The Mr. T Experience - "More Than Toast"
Ned's Atomic Dustbin - "Kill Your Television"
NOFX - "Jeff Wears Birkenstocks?"
Pixies - "Debaser"
Superchunk - "Hyper Enough"
The Pietasters - "Out All Night"
Therapy? - "Nowhere"

nashawa
12-19-2011, 06:39 PM
Really? That sounds too good to be true.

Also, to clear things up: THPS2 was the best soundtrack to any of the Tony Hawk games. While #4 had some strong songs (mainly Freightliner and an Aes song that I can't remember), it also had fucking AC/DC, so fuck that.

THUG was solid, and THUG2 actually had a decent soundtrack too, but it also had DEADLY SINAAAAAAAARS so, again, fuck that.

The only songs I remember from THPS3 are "Amoeba," that Bodyjar song, and some shitty Zebrahead tune.

Also, my thread was better.

BK202
12-19-2011, 06:43 PM
THUG was solid, and THUG2 actually had a decent soundtrack too, but it also had DEADLY SINAAAAAAAARS so, again, fuck that.

But Das Oath and Joy Division.

nashawa
12-19-2011, 06:46 PM
It also had "No Jumper Cables." I said it was decent. But christ almighty, if you can get past 3 Inches of Blood, you can deal with Powerman 5000. At least they're cheesy on purpose.

InstantAXonHero
12-19-2011, 07:31 PM
The only songs I remember from THPS3 are "Amoeba," that Bodyjar song, and some shitty Zebrahead tune.

Ha, you missed one of your favourite bands:

AFI - The Boy Who Destroyed The World

Plus they had Mad Capsule Market which rule:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMnLIJSY1vY

nashawa
12-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Actually, I was gonna mention AFI, Motorhead and Mad Capsule immediately after I posted, but decided I was too lazy to edit.

datskramzkid
12-19-2011, 08:06 PM
Deadly Sinner is my favourite "metal" song.

TheReverend724
12-22-2011, 03:17 AM
After playing THUG for over 5 hours today, I feel it edges out 3 for best soundtrack

Refused - "New Noise"
Nas - "The World Is Yours"
Sublime - "Seed"
Deltron 3030 - "Positive Contact"
Queens of the Stone Age - "Millionaire"
Quasimoto - "Low Class Conspiracy"
Hot Water Music - "Remedy"
Cannibal Ox - "Iron Galaxy"
High On Fire - "Hung, Drawn And Quartered"
Dan The Automator feat. Kool Keith - "A Better Tomorrow"
Fu Manchu - "California Crossing"
Mastodon - "Crusher Destroyer"
NOFX - "The Separation Of Church And Skate"

zezimathehero
12-22-2011, 04:30 AM
THPS and THUG got me into punk and hardcore, fact. And into skateboarding. And into realizing I'm awful at skateboarding.

TheReverend724
12-22-2011, 04:31 AM
I really wish I was good at skateboarding

Hell, I can't even longboard. But I still buy all my clothes at the local skate shop :o

zezimathehero
12-22-2011, 04:35 AM
I don't have time to practice. I'm pretty good at other sports involving boards, but I've just never put in the time to learn skate tricks.

Amuro Jay
12-22-2011, 04:42 AM
That Bodyjar tune was so ace. One of my favorites off of 3. 3 probably had my favorite soundtrack, but probably only because I played that game the most and Ace of Spades is one of the only guitar solos I can play.

Also, murder me if you want, but I really loved MCR's cover of Astro Zombies.

Also, not checking the thread if this has been posted already, but:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrilwrTpW51qzu9hao1_400.jpg

Every time.

due 07
12-22-2011, 04:43 AM
NCAA Football 06 had a great soundtrack.

Bad Religion - "Atomic Garden"
The Clash - " Train in Vain (Stand by Me)"
De La Soul - "Me Myself and I"
Guided by Voices - "Teenage FBI"
Jawbreaker - "Bad Scene, Everyone's Fault"
Lagwagon - "Know It All"
Lush - "Ladykillers"
Mother Love Bone - "This Is Shangri-La"
The Mr. T Experience - "More Than Toast"
Ned's Atomic Dustbin - "Kill Your Television"
NOFX - "Jeff Wears Birkenstocks?"
Pixies - "Debaser"
Superchunk - "Hyper Enough"
The Pietasters - "Out All Night"
Therapy? - "Nowhere"
Muthafuckin' word.

synestershadows
12-22-2011, 05:11 AM
That Bodyjar tune was so ace. One of my favorites off of 3. 3 probably had my favorite soundtrack, but probably only because I played that game the most and Ace of Spades is one of the only guitar solos I can play.

Also, murder me if you want, but I really loved MCR's cover of Astro Zombies.

Also, not checking the thread if this has been posted already, but:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrilwrTpW51qzu9hao1_400.jpg

Every time.
Haha, I loved that level.

InstantAXonHero
12-22-2011, 09:34 AM
That photo rings so true

And into realizing I'm awful at skateboarding.

You don't have to be good at skateboarding to be good at THPS! Skate on the other hand is a different story.