Stray From The Path Bass Tab!?!?!?

PDA

View Full Version : Stray From The Path Bass Tab!?!?!?

Jessica-Lyn
12-26-2011, 07:15 PM
I was wondering if anyone has the tab or is willing to tab out the bass part to "Damien" by Stray From The Path. It's one of my favorite songs and I'd love to learn it on bass. Any help will do. Thank you!

datskramzkid
12-26-2011, 07:19 PM
It's mostly spinning around, getting down and negi stomping, really easy to self-teach.

Jessica-Lyn
12-26-2011, 07:23 PM
lololol

BK202
12-26-2011, 07:25 PM
negi stomping,
:haha:

synestershadows
12-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Could've posted this in the SFTP thread...

blake1221
12-26-2011, 08:47 PM
It's mostly spinning around, getting down and negi stomping, really easy to self-teach.

And wear a black zip up hoodie.

technicolour
12-26-2011, 11:24 PM
i recommend a new favourite song.

synestershadows
12-26-2011, 11:55 PM
Holy shit, shut the fuck up, Justin.

BK202
12-27-2011, 12:01 AM
Yes.

Morphogenesis26
12-27-2011, 12:01 AM
That song is the most obnoxious thing I've ever heard.

Go to the Tab section on the site and request it or take it to the SFTP thread.

synestershadows
12-27-2011, 12:05 AM
That song is the most obnoxious thing I've ever heard.

Go to the Tab section on the site and request it or take it to the SFTP thread.
You listen to Trivium. Nuff said...

Yes.
You listen to Wavves. Nuff said...

technicolour
12-27-2011, 12:10 AM
Holy shit, shut the fuck up, Justin.

I like how the last two comments on your profile are "you seem really butthurt"

synestershadows
12-27-2011, 12:12 AM
I like how the last two comments on your profile are "you seem really butthurt"
I like how every comment of yours is just to reconfirm to yourself and to everyone else how much of a pompous "kvlt" dipshit you are.

BK202
12-27-2011, 12:15 AM
kvlt dipshit music > SFTP

synestershadows
12-27-2011, 12:16 AM
^opinion

BK202
12-27-2011, 12:18 AM
You listen to Wavves. Nuff said...
^opinion

Morphogenesis26
12-27-2011, 12:18 AM
You listen to Trivium. Nuff said...

Oh, Trivium can be obnoxious to, but not obnoxious like this. Anthem, To The Rats, Rain, Sworn, all very obnoxious songs, but it's not this obnoxious where it sounds like an angry suburban kid who just got told he couldn't have the newest and shiniest FPS because it's against his parents religion, so he rap growls about his hatred for religion.

So, yeah.

synestershadows
12-27-2011, 12:19 AM
^opinion
It's not an opinion. You listen to Wavves.

Oh, Trivium can be obnoxious to, but not obnoxious like this. Anthem, To The Rats, Rain, Sworn, all very obnoxious songs, but it's not this obnoxious where it sounds like an angry suburban kid who just got told he couldn't have the newest and shiniest FPS because it's against his parents religion, so he rap growls about his hatred for religion.

So, yeah.
:haha: You didn't understand it at all, did you? The song is a huge "FUCK YOU!" to the WBC.

BK202
12-27-2011, 12:20 AM
And you're calling other people pompous kvlt dipshits?

technicolour
12-27-2011, 12:22 AM
:haha: You didn't understand it at all, did you? The song is a huge "FUCK YOU!" to the WBC.

it's also a huge fuck you to well composed music.

synestershadows
12-27-2011, 12:23 AM
you know it's possible to listen to "non kvlt" music that isn't shit.
How is SFTP shit? It's only your opinion.

it's also a huge fuck you to well composed music.
What the fuck do you know about "well composed" music?

Morphogenesis26
12-27-2011, 12:23 AM

Still sounded very obnoxious to me, though. And making a song about WBC sounds kinda silly, I mean they are all asshats, of course, but just sounds like a waste of songwriting.

These guys are good at their instruments though, I just think they sound really obnoxious.

synestershadows
12-27-2011, 12:24 AM
Still sounded very obnoxious to me, though. And making a song about WBC sounds kinda silly, I mean they are all asshats, of course, but just sounds like a waste of songwriting.

These guys are good at their instruments though, I just think they sound really obnoxious.
They're in your face, so yeah, I guess obnoxious fits. But that's what they're going for.

technicolour
12-27-2011, 12:25 AM

I listen to a fair amount of it.

I have no problem with the lyrics (for the most part), it's just musically. The fact that that breakdown exists towards the end of the song just sends me running for the prozac.

BK202
12-27-2011, 12:25 AM
How is SFTP shit? It's only your opinion.

Andrew we shit on bands all the time, and a lot of that is opinion based stuff. You're the only person who reacts with anger when we make fun of a band you like.

synestershadows
12-27-2011, 12:28 AM
Andrew we shit on bands all the time, and a lot of that is opinion based stuff. You're the only person who reacts with anger when we make fun of a band you like.
I'm more angry at Justin (technicolor) than anyone else because all he does is shit on other bands and insists he's always right for listening to the most obscure, kvlt bands he can find.

EDIT: Like seriously, was his initial comment even necessary? He could've just left it alone. She wasn't looking for his opinion on what her favorite song should be.

Morphogenesis26
12-27-2011, 12:31 AM
I'm more angry at Justin (technicolor) than anyone else because all he does is shit on other bands and insists he's always right for listening to the most obscure, kvlt bands he can find.

If you know he's going to do that, why not just ignore it and avoid a pointless argument?

Meelad360
12-27-2011, 12:31 AM

You really seem butthurt.

synestershadows
12-27-2011, 12:32 AM
If you know he's going to do that, why not just ignore it and avoid a pointless argument?
Because I'm sick of him always doing that. He needs to just shut the fuck up.

BK202
You really seem butthurt.
Seconded.

technicolour
Obscure is relative. Many of the bands I listen to are only obscure to you, I never claim them to be obscure.

Admittedly, I don't like many hardcore bands, but I do like some. Otherwise, I wouldn't be here at all.

Everyone "shits" on other bands, but I guess you don't like it when someone does it to a band you like (which is understandable, although I usually don't react as dramatically when every metal forum regular makes fun of WITTR). How about you defend your tastes instead of acting like a bitch?

synestershadows
12-27-2011, 12:35 AM
Obscure is relative. Many of the bands I listen to are only obscure to you, I never claim them to be obscure.

Admittedly, I don't like many hardcore bands, but I do like some. Otherwise, I wouldn't be here at all.

Everyone "shits" on other bands, but I guess you don't like it when someone does it to a band you like. How about you defend your tastes instead of acting like a bitch?
Everyone does, I admit I do, but you constantly do it to bands that you've probably never even listened to just to get your jollies or some shit.

It's actually quite sad that you're so extremely close minded about stuff like this.

technicolour
12-27-2011, 12:38 AM
Everyone does, I admit I do, but you constantly do it to bands that you've probably never even listened to just to get your jollies or some shit.

It's actually quite sad that you're so extremely close minded about stuff like this.

I've listened to this band before, and I listened to this song. Admittedly, they're better than most of the nu-metalcore stuff that gets posted here, but that doesn't give them a "getoutofjailfree" card.

I couldn't really do this to bands I've never listened to because I don't know whether or not I'd eve like the band :confused:

You really can't play the close minded card here, when my tastes range from music that both of us can enjoy (Maths, Converge, Orchid, etc) to music that you just dismiss as obscure and kvlt.

Morphogenesis26
12-27-2011, 12:39 AM
How is he being "close minded"? He made a comment that was meant to take the piss and/or show his dislike of the band. I'm use to that in the Metal forum, but it's best to develop a tough skin and poke fun back or shrug it off or even defend your own taste.

And the entire thread was unnecessary, not just his comment. Just say'n. >.>

synestershadows
12-27-2011, 12:41 AM
I've listened to this band before, and I listened to this song. Admittedly, they're better than most of the nu-metalcore stuff that gets posted here, but that doesn't give them a "getoutofjailfree" card.

I couldn't really do this to bands I've never listened to because I don't know whether or not I'd eve like the band :confused:

You really can't play the close minded card here, when my tastes range from music that both of us can enjoy (Maths, Converge, Orchid, etc) to music that you just dismiss as obscure and kvlt.
I listen to what you might call "nu-metalcore", hardcore, "real" metalcore, indie, post rock, pop punk, skramz, etc.

Who's more close minded?

BK202
12-27-2011, 12:43 AM
And yet you dismiss Wavves, Animal Collective, KPop, and anything else I listen that you dislike as shitty hipster trash.

synestershadows
12-27-2011, 12:44 AM
And yet you dismiss Wavves, Animal Collective, KPop, and anything else I listen that you dislike as shitty hipster trash.
You're honestly the only person who enjoys Wavves...

datskramzkid
12-27-2011, 12:46 AM
I think Damien is in drop C

technicolour
I listen to what you might call "nu-metalcore", hardcore, "real" metalcore, indie, post rock, pop punk, skramz, etc.

Who's more close minded?

I listen to bands from all of those genres/sub genres except for nu metalcore, and the "wave hardcore" bands.

How many death/black/bestial/doom metal bands do you like? (and the reason I just didn't say "metal" is because those sub genres can and do have significantly different sounding bands)

oh and of course stuff like Mum, third eye foundation, neo folk, mo town, etc.

synestershadows
I think Damien is in drop C
Good point. It is.

I listen to bands from all of those genres/sub genres except for nu metalcore.

How many death/black/bestial/doom metal bands do you like? (and the reason I just didn't say "metal" is because those sub genres can and do have significantly different sounding bands)
Bestial metal? Did you just make that up?

I admit, I don't listen to much metal. The closest I listen to death metal would be something like Beneath The Massacre or The Faceless.

I just find most metal boring, but I'm not gonna go into the metal forums and start telling everyone they're stupid for listening to metal.

Morphogenesis26
12-27-2011, 12:47 AM

Who's more close minded?

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5biCmyJQtM This is catchy and fun. Ain't nothing wrong with dat. :o

synestershadows
12-27-2011, 12:52 AM

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5biCmyJQtM This is catchy and fun. Ain't nothing wrong with dat. :o
It sounds like lo-fi, stoner, surfer rock to me.

Top comment: What's my favorite band you ask? Their called the wavves. You've probably never heard of them...

-______-

BK202
12-27-2011, 12:54 AM
It sounds like lo-fi, stoner, surfer rock to me.

You know what's weird?

That's exactly what it is. I never sold it any other way.

synestershadows
12-27-2011, 12:55 AM
You know what's weird?

That's exactly what it is. I never sold it any other way.
xedgex

Why does it have to be lo-fi? I just don't get it. It doesn't add anything to the music. It makes it sound like shit.

BK202
12-27-2011, 12:57 AM
Because some people don't like polished, samey, boring, uninspired production all the time?

I don't know man.

Morphogenesis26
12-27-2011, 01:00 AM
xedgex

Why does it have to be lo-fi? I just don't get it. It doesn't add anything to the music. It makes it sound like shit.

I wouldn't really call that lo-fi. I think it adds a nice sort of free and live atmosphere to it so that it can really get you in the mood and feel like you are listening to the band right above your apartment practicing.

Meelad360
12-27-2011, 01:01 AM
I listen to bands from all of those genres/sub genres except for nu metalcore, and the "wave hardcore" bands.

oh and of course stuff like Mum, third eye foundation, neo folk, mo town, etc.

What is bestial metal?

synestershadows
12-27-2011, 01:03 AM
What is bestial metal?
This. I feel like he made it up...or it's about bestiality or some shit.

BK202
12-27-2011, 01:04 AM
Bestial Metal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHTb8Yyfi1M

EDIT: It's metal with both strong influences from Black Metal and Death Metal, and is caught somewhere in between.

technicolour
12-27-2011, 01:16 AM
it's violent death/black metal with usually no, or little frills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6kh37y8B3M&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGKw8oR5Mag&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZhkY41fLZY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaIM45GZn0A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTlCleRPcsM

synestershadows
12-27-2011, 01:18 AM
Is "Necro-" the death metal version of "Verb the Noun?"

technicolour
12-27-2011, 01:19 AM
yes

Meelad360
12-27-2011, 01:27 AM
This. I feel like he made it up...or it's about bestiality or some shit.

I wasn't making fun of him I was legitimately curious >_>

Morphogenesis26
12-27-2011, 01:31 AM
That Nuclear Desecartion song sounds wicked.

TheBDanAbstract
12-27-2011, 02:53 AM

Dude, this is like 90% of this forum. It's like a hardcore hipster nation in here. Nobody can even say they enjoy Trivium without the piss being taken right out of him. The only two bands that you can say you like these days without getting shit on is BTBAM and Converge.

BK202
12-27-2011, 02:57 AM
Dude, this is like 90% of this forum. It's like a hardcore hipster nation in here. Nobody can even say they enjoy Trivium without the piss being taken right out of him. The only two bands that you can say you like these days without getting shit on is BTBAM and Converge.
Lol you like BTBAM, that's just boring mathcore that's heralded as "artistic".

DimebagLivesOn
12-27-2011, 03:01 AM
trve fax

Who's more close minded?
To be honest, that's not a huge amount of diversity.
xedgex

Gives it a completely different vibe.
BTBAM
No thank you.

Morphogenesis26
12-27-2011, 03:07 AM

Poor Trivium. Ain't getting no love. :(

TheBDanAbstract
12-27-2011, 03:19 AM
Poor Trivium. Ain't getting no love. :(

I enjoy Trivium, and I have since I was like 13. But I completely understand why people don't like them, and beating a dead horse the way they do in the Trivium thread is ridiculous. I understand where Andrew's rage comes from, I feel pretty much the same way.

Lol you like BTBAM, that's just boring mathcore that's heralded as "artistic".

Not sure if srs...

But really, I can't say I've ever had a conversation with you, so I can tell if you're just trolling or if you just hate musicianship in it's purest form.

BK202
12-27-2011, 03:23 AM
But really, I can't say I've ever had a conversation with you, so I can tell if you're just trolling or if you just hate musicianship in it's purest form.
Holy shit I just spit water onto my monitor.

You're pretty funny, you know that?

DimebagLivesOn
12-27-2011, 03:24 AM
I enjoy Trivium, and I have since I was like 13. But I completely understand why people don't like them, and beating a dead horse the way they do in the Trivium thread is ridiculous. I understand where Andrew's rage comes from, I feel pretty much the same way.

Not sure if srs...

Man, don't fit the stereotype too much.

TheBDanAbstract
12-27-2011, 03:30 AM
Holy shit I just spit water onto my monitor.

You're pretty funny, you know that?

I'm actually hilarious. Get it right. And if you're the dude who enjoys Wavves, then it all makes sense...

synestershadows
12-27-2011, 03:56 AM
He brings it to a whole new level though, honestly.

DimebagLivesOn
12-27-2011, 03:59 AM
Everyone in here hates on something, you're just the only one that gets consistently mad when one of your 6 or so bands you obsess over gets bashed.

synestershadows
12-27-2011, 04:05 AM
Everyone in here hates on something, you're just the only one that gets consistently mad when one of your 6 or so bands you obsess over gets bashed.
No, Justin shit on EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING! It gets really annoying after a while.

TheBDanAbstract
12-27-2011, 04:25 AM
No, Justin shit on EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING! It gets really annoying after a while.

He's right.

DimebagLivesOn
12-27-2011, 05:38 AM
Just stuff you like, I've had mutual approval of bands with him before.

synestershadows
12-27-2011, 06:34 AM
Just stuff you like, I've had mutual approval of bands with him before.
No, everything.

EDIT: Okay, there are a couple bands like Converge, but besides those, the majority of the bands he listens to are too kvlt for us.

DimebagLivesOn
12-27-2011, 06:41 AM
What you listen to != everything.

synestershadows
12-27-2011, 06:43 AM
What you listen to != everything.
Okay, whatever. I listen to everything he hates on, especially Trivium.

They just aren't kvlt enough. :haha:

Just go to TPS and you'll see he nitpicks about every single band on there.

DimebagLivesOn
12-27-2011, 06:51 AM
I didn't say you listen to everything he hates, I said he hates pretty much everything you listen to.

synestershadows
12-27-2011, 06:53 AM
I didn't say you listen to everything he hates, I said he hates pretty much everything you listen to.
Well no, I said before that we have bands we both like. It just gets annoying every time I see him posting something so worthless like "You should get a new favorite song." It adds nothing to the conversation and just starts shit like this.

DimebagLivesOn
12-27-2011, 07:04 AM
He's just saying he's tired of hearing about them I guess, you freaking out is what started the "shit", in my opinion :shrug:

technicolour
12-27-2011, 08:00 AM

That's like saying masturbation is making love in it's purest form.

Anyways, here's a constructive post: this should've gone in the SFTP thread.

datskramzkid
12-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Yo, this girl is gonna be so pissed when she comes in, sees a four page thread, and assumes it's all about tabs, and not the forum collectively gangbanging Andrew.

TheBDanAbstract
12-27-2011, 01:58 PM
That's like saying masturbation is making love in it's purest form.

I'm guessing this is the part where you talk shit about BTBAM by saying that sitting down and actually composing songs that have to be thought out and that are challenging is boring, pretentious, and filled with wank.

datskramzkid
12-27-2011, 02:23 PM
I don't get the BTBAM thing. I mean, they aren't that good, but people go crazyshit over them here.

TheBDanAbstract
12-27-2011, 02:33 PM
I don't get the BTBAM thing. I mean, they aren't that good, but people go crazyshit over them here.

I'll parallel that with Converge though.

I don't get the Converge thing. I mean, they're aren't that good at anything, but people go crazyshit over them here. (Not saying you are a Converge fan, that's just what I think every time someone on here is telling you that you suck at life if you don't like Jane Doe)

blake1221
12-27-2011, 02:39 PM

They're all technically proficient musicians. There's literally no reason to say they aren't that good, unless you don't agree with their songwriting.

TheBDanAbstract
12-27-2011, 02:42 PM
They're all technically proficient musicians. There's literally no reason to say they aren't that good, unless you don't agree with their songwriting.

This. I don't even necessarily agree with their songwriting all the time, but they're still one of the greatest bands of the 21st century, and are all in the top tier of players at their respective instruments.

Kyle<3
12-27-2011, 02:50 PM
I think the only reason you guys dislike BTBAM is that you see all the nu-metalcore/Trivium kids say "woaaa they're awesome" and immediately gain a distaste for them. They're pretty incredible songwriters... They make songs flow like nothing else and they have awesome transitions as well as some really technically proficient riffs. Its all really difficult to come up with and requires a large amount of skill to be a part of.

Now I mean, Ben called himself a "sonic manipulator" the other day because he would rather make noises with his guitar then actually learn how to use it (sorry Ben still <3 you) but I don't expect him to like BTBAM because that's definitely not his thing.

Although I don't understand how you can call it bad... you can dislike it, but you can't really say that they're "bad" musicians. Personally I think a lot of their material can be somewhat boring (although they definitely have their moments) but they're definitely very good musicians.

Sometimes your guys hipstery John Cage attitude towards music can get kind of annoying but I just remind myself that people have different opinions on music. I tend to enjoy music that requires some skill and technical proficiency (with fundamentals in place) as well as good creative ability, but other's might not look at it that way.

datskramzkid
12-27-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm not saying they aren'g good or anything, but I don't understand what they do better than say– Protest the Hero? Or any similar band?

Morphogenesis26
12-27-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm not saying they aren'g good or anything, but I don't understand what they do better than say– Protest the Hero? Or any similar band?

I'm a fan of BTBAM, but a lot of the time, I think they just toss in a bunch of random things in their music just for the sake of it. It doesn't really "flow" to me, sounds jagged a lot of times which is one of the reasons I like it.

TheBDanAbstract
12-27-2011, 03:48 PM

That's exactly what's wrong with the way you guys debate. You guys always have to compare it to something irrelevant, rather than listening to the music and picking it apart for what it is. 8/10 times if someone proposes a new band here, everybody's like "hur dur, _____ did this first and it was better", even if they aren't really similar to the band at all. Half the time it's like a way to subliminally plug a band and say "go listen to them because I like them and your music sucks."

Protest The Hero sound nothing like BTBAM at all. AT ALL. There is not one similarity beyond technical instrumentation, which isn't a sonic similarity at all. They SOUND completely different, so why look to BTBAM and expect them to try and one up Protest The Hero's game, when they're playing on different fields?

technicolour
12-27-2011, 04:47 PM
BTBAM are all good musicians at their respective instruments, but apparently they don't know how to make songs that aren't composed of wank.

They're a gimmick band because they throw these whacky phrasings together. The phrasings themselves aren't bad, but what you're left with is "a serious of different passages that follow one another."

Conversely, Converge can write songs without being overly technical (although still including some). But I'd say for the most part Converge's technical aspects are much more subtle, which is a word BTBAM doesn't know the meaning of.

Look at how (relatively simple) the song Jane Doe is, and it's still amazing.

DimebagLivesOn
12-27-2011, 04:58 PM
Being technically proficient doesn't mean everybody should enjoy it. I don't really like most noodly music, the guitar isn't a new instrument, so I'm not really wowed by someone who's good at it. Same goes for every other instrument that band uses.

Kyle<3
12-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Just because guitar has been around for awhile doesn't mean you shouldn't respect people who can play fast.

You can play fast and creatively and you can also play slow and creatively. I don't understand why there's so much disdain for it in more "punx" circles.

Also, BTBAM do not sound the same as Protest the Hero at all. I enjoy Protest a little more because they're a bit more my style, (at least their first and second album) but that's just my opinion.

DimebagLivesOn
12-27-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm not saying I don't respect them, I know it takes a long time to get that good at them, I'm just not interested in it :shrug:

synestershadows
12-27-2011, 05:11 PM
No one said BTBAM had to be subtle in their technical aspects. In fact, that's what sets them apart. They go all out and doesn't afraid of anything. You just gotta sit back, listen, and think, "Goddamn these dudes are incredible." And then seeing them live, you would think they can't play any of those ridiculous things live, but they can. They sound almost identical to their recordings, maybe even better. You can't say that about many bands that pride themselves in their technicality.

Kyle<3
12-27-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm not saying I don't respect them, I know it takes a long time to get that good at them, I'm just not interested in it :shrug:

Fair enough.

technicolour
12-27-2011, 05:19 PM
J

You can play fast and creatively and you can also play slow and creatively.

You sure can: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMkKCJUnKtw

No one said BTBAM had to be subtle in their technical aspects. In fact, that's what sets them apart. They go all out and doesn't afraid of anything. You just gotta sit back, listen, and think, "Goddamn these dudes are incredible." And then seeing them live, you would think they can't play any of those ridiculous things live, but they can. They sound almost identical to their recordings, maybe even better. You can't say that about many bands that pride themselves in their technicality.

Then you must love Brain drill.

Kyle<3
12-27-2011, 05:29 PM
You sure can: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMkKCJUnKtw

I could play most of that song... It was mostly just harmonies and lots of it would've been cool but I didn't really enjoy his vocals. Except for one part I listened to when I was skipping through around 5 minutes. I don't really consider myself a great guitarist either.

A lot of it actually sounded like BTBAM. :haha:

synestershadows
12-27-2011, 05:31 PM
It actually sounded more like newer Born Of Osiris in parts...

And then the vocals...no.

technicolour
12-27-2011, 05:32 PM
that was the point (sounds like BTBAM). Also, those drums at the end, crazy. The technicality shines more in the synthesis of all of the instruments working as one, as opposed to the part where the guitar shreds, and then the part where the keyboard shreds, and then the part where the other guitar shreds.

You don't have to like the vocals, but there's nothing inherently bad about them.

Kyle<3
12-27-2011, 05:42 PM
that was the point (sounds like BTBAM). Also, those drums at the end, crazy. The technicality shines more in the synthesis of all of the instruments working as one, as opposed to the part where the guitar shreds, and then the part where the keyboard shreds, and then the part where the other guitar shreds.

You don't have to like the vocals, but there's nothing inherently bad about them.

I just don't like the vocals but you're right there's nothing bad about them.

I feel like you haven't listened to BTBAM much? Because they sound more like "The technicality shines more in the synthesis of all of the instruments working as one" than "as opposed to "the part where the guitar shreds, and then the part where the keyboard shreds, and then the part where the other guitar shreds."

I mean a lot of attention is drawn towards the drummer in that song. That could be considered a "drum solo" or something. BTBAM is just what you first described with a solo here or there.

I mean just listen to Selkies or something. The first portion of the song is just awesome riffage, a great transition into the softer part of the song, a short, tasteful jazzy guitar solo, then it finishes off with two guitars dueling it out with harmonies and then the only really wanky part is at the end with the sweeps. Even then, the sweeping section is very impressive but it's fairly short.

synestershadows
12-27-2011, 05:47 PM
I just don't like the vocals but you're right there's nothing bad about them.

I feel like you haven't listened to BTBAM much? Because they sound more like "The technicality shines more in the synthesis of all of the instruments working as one" than "as opposed to "the part where the guitar shreds, and then the part where the keyboard shreds, and then the part where the other guitar shreds."

I mean a lot of attention is drawn towards the drummer in that song. That could be considered a "drum solo" or something. BTBAM is just what you first described with a solo here or there.

I mean just listen to Selkies or something. The first portion of the song is just awesome riffage, a great transition into the softer part of the song, a short, tasteful jazzy guitar solo, then it finishes off with two guitars dueling it out with harmonies and then the only really wanky part is at the end with the sweeps. Even then, the sweeping section is very impressive but it's fairly short.
I feel like people confuse BTBAM with Dragonforce or Dream Theater sometimes. It's a real shame.

MustangMan311
12-27-2011, 07:18 PM
This whole thread is so embarrassing.

Dregen
12-27-2011, 09:05 PM
You're honestly the only person who enjoys Wavves...

Okay, this was a million pages ago, but you do not shit on Wavves man...

Fanboy alert.

GodofCheesecake
12-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Everyone in this thread is wrong.

Although I do agree with this.
I'll parallel that with Converge though.

I don't get the Converge thing. I mean, they're aren't that good at anything, but people go crazyshit over them here.

EDIT: Okay, I posted that before I realized we were arguing about BTBAM specifically instead of just being gigantic assholes about each other's musical tastes.

Kyle<3
12-27-2011, 10:17 PM
This whole thread is so embarrassing.

Hey well a big fack you to you too man.

technicolour
12-27-2011, 10:45 PM
E

EDIT: Okay, I posted that before I realized we were arguing about BTBAM specifically instead of just being gigantic assholes about each other's musical tastes.

You think this is being "big assholes" ? This was friendly chit chat.

GodofCheesecake
12-27-2011, 11:35 PM
Yeah, that's sad.

BK202
12-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Now I mean, Ben called himself a "sonic manipulator" the other day because he would rather make noises with his guitar then actually learn how to use it (sorry Ben still <3 you) but I don't expect him to like BTBAM because that's definitely not his thing.

Well this makes me sound like I can't play. Which I can. I used to play BTBAM songs. I used to be able to do the sweeps from Alaska.

Whenever I hear BTBAM, I feel like it's just so uninspired. The dude who was fellating them earlier said that "just because they need to sit down and write songs that are technically proficient" or something along those lines. They really don't strike me as expressive or interesting in any way.

EDIT: This is all opinion. I view them in the same way you guys view Wavves. As complete shit that no one should listen to because it sounds terrible.

TheBDanAbstract
12-28-2011, 01:04 AM
Everyone in this thread is wrong.

Although I do agree with this.

To defend myself, I was arguing about the silly ways other people argue about music. I give no ****s if someone doesn't like BTBAM.

Fanboy alert.

I'm no fanboy, I was just intentionally being an asshat. :p:

technicolour
12-28-2011, 02:34 AM
EDIT: This is all opinion. I view them in the same way you guys view Wavves. As complete shit that no one should listen to because it sounds terrible.

Wavves just reminds me of some 60s beach boys type band. I'd rather listen to them than BTBAM or SFTP.

BK202
12-28-2011, 02:39 AM
Honestly, I think the only reason most of the regs (besides Andrew) dislike them is because the first time I posted them was one of their really noisy early tracks, where it felt like a wall of tape noise and fuzz guitar.

synestershadows
12-28-2011, 03:15 AM
Honestly, I think the only reason most of the regs (besides Andrew) dislike them is because the first time I posted them was one of their really noisy early tracks, where it felt like a wall of tape noise and fuzz guitar.
No, that's one of the main reasons why I dislike them.

datskramzkid
12-28-2011, 03:18 AM
I just feel as if Waaves is too hipstery for the sake of being hipstery. Plus I find them boring, but I'm big on dynamics in music, which they (purposely) don't have. I'm obviously not one to comment on a band's motive when I don't know them personally, but that's why I dislike them. I dislike most stuff in that genre though, so it's nothing personal towards that band.

Their other stuff is definitely better than the weird lo-fi thing you posted though.

synestershadows
12-28-2011, 03:25 AM
I just feel as if Waaves is too hipstery for the sake of being hipstery. Plus I find them boring, but I'm big on dynamics in music, which they (purposely) don't have. I'm obviously not one to comment on a band's motive when I don't know them personally, but that's why I dislike them. I dislike most stuff in that genre though, so it's nothing personal towards that band.

Their other stuff is definitely better than the weird lo-fi thing you posted though.
This.

BK202
12-28-2011, 03:26 AM
Yeah but you hate anything that's moderately involved with the hipster culture. Hell, if the hipsters that wrecked your relationship with your friend or whatever started liking SFTP you'd probably abandon them.

datskramzkid
12-28-2011, 03:40 AM
From starting a hardcore punk band when I was 14 and watching it (and my best friends) turn into hipster douchery, I'm pretty cold towards most things hip.

synestershadows
12-28-2011, 03:48 AM
Yeah but you hate anything that's moderately involved with the hipster culture. Hell, if the hipsters that wrecked your relationship with your friend or whatever started liking SFTP you'd probably abandon them.
That's not true at all, I just think they overdo it way too much and it becomes extremely gimmicky at that point.

And there's a line between being a hipster and being a wannabe hipster douchebag. My friend became a wannabe hipster douchebag and started thinking he was better than me because "his eyes were open" and I was so close minded and shit. Him and his friends started preaching to me and shit and I was sick of it.

Kyle<3
12-28-2011, 04:00 AM
My friends call me a hipster all the time. :/

Yet again, they think stuff like The Chariot is obscure.

synestershadows
12-28-2011, 04:05 AM
My friends call me a hipster all the time. :/

Yet again, they think stuff like The Chariot is obscure.
Same with me. My bassist calls me a hipster because I refuse to listen to the majority of local bands here. It's because they all sound like gay ass FTFD ripoffs.

InstantAXonHero
12-28-2011, 02:37 PM
I swear this happens once a month now.

technicolour
12-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Yeah, sorry, I really need to pick up the slack.

zezimathehero
12-28-2011, 05:27 PM
So really what I got out of all of this is that Andrew is mad.

Kyle<3
12-28-2011, 06:04 PM
Sooooo didn't this kid want a bass tab? hahaha.

InstantAXonHero
12-28-2011, 06:21 PM
Yeah, sorry, I really need to pick up more 15 year old girls

:five:

technicolour
12-28-2011, 08:23 PM
:five:

:cheers:

tancanada
12-30-2011, 12:13 AM
I'm late, but I like Wavves AND SFTP, mindfuck I know

BK202
12-30-2011, 03:12 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwc3a9XnVe1qc88epo1_500.jpg

llanafreak44
12-30-2011, 11:45 AM
This forum blows, it's either hipster hardcore, people complaining about hipster hardcore, or hipster hardcore people complaining about non hipster hardcore.

datskramzkid
12-30-2011, 06:33 PM
This forum blows, it's either hipster hardcore, people complaining about hipster hardcore, or hipster hardcore people complaining about non hipster hardcore.
Fuck every band that isn't Deafhaven.

Dregen
12-30-2011, 07:23 PM
I'm not even completely sure what a fucking hipster even is.

technicolour
12-30-2011, 07:56 PM

Well what else is there?

Fuck every band that isn't Deafhaven.

Morphogenesis26
12-30-2011, 08:11 PM

Bitch, please, there ain't no "hipsters" in this here forum. What there IS, however, are HipSTARS. :cool:

BK202
12-30-2011, 08:12 PM
This forum is pretty terrible.

Kyle<3
12-30-2011, 08:34 PM
So much negativity!

*cue Why Can't We Be Friends*

blake1221
12-30-2011, 08:36 PM
Why is this terrible fucking thread still open?