First Thread!

PDA

View Full Version : First Thread!

Eggmond
03-16-2012, 01:03 PM
Whooooooooooooooooooooo first thread in the forum!!

cant wait for the app

whoomit
03-16-2012, 01:11 PM
TS is a knob!

First one in the new forum!

whoomit
03-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Can I be a mod in the new forum? :haha:

First double-post woo!

StonedColdCrazy
03-16-2012, 08:36 PM
I have all the UG apps.
I use none of them. There are better apps for each specific purpose.

One suggestion is to add a scale library.

whoomit
03-16-2012, 10:15 PM
I have all the UG apps.

I like that idea.

Scott Gardner
03-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Having a hard time understanding why one has to "subscribe" to UG for an iPad, but only have to pay a one-time fee for Androids and iPhones. Oh yeah, and the web site is free. Somebody help me understand. Is the app THAT much better on an iPad?!

garygxx
03-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Having a hard time understanding why one has to "subscribe" to UG for an iPad, but only have to pay a one-time fee for Androids and iPhones. Oh yeah, and the web site is free. Somebody help me understand. Is the app THAT much better on an iPad?!

I could understand a one off fee for the iPad to help pay for the programming of it and whatnot but to charge a subscription for what is essentially user generated content is ridiculous. I don't suspect money coming from these subscriptions will go to those who are ultimately providing content for the app.
Until the situation changes there is no way I will be uploading anymore tabs and if i could figure out a way to delete my few tabs off the site i would be doing so.
This subscription fee is insulting and i suspect will cause Ultimate-Guitar to lose money in the long run as more people would be happy enough to pay a one off fee for a few than have to subscribe.
I don't like to be too critical as I do love the site, but there are plenty more tab sites out there.

Cavalcade
03-24-2012, 01:53 PM
In their defense, they need money to keep the site afloat somehow, since like you said, it's a free site that costs a lot to maintain. More traffic = more bandwidth = higher maintenance cost. But I still think Tab Pro wasn't the best way to go about it, since most people have Guitar Pro already and hate paying subscription fees.

Ian Paul Gint
03-26-2012, 04:34 AM
I have all the UG apps.

Good idea! I'd like to have it too and scale library (together with metronome and tuner) is on to-do list for iPad, so there's a huge chance they'll be featured someday before the end of the world :devil:.

Ian Paul Gint
03-26-2012, 04:45 AM
Well, it's just different. Some people prefer this, some prefer that, while others don't prefer any at all - it's people's choice. UGT HD for iPad has almost the same functionality as iPhone and Android apps (save for better screen resolution). Still, you can transfer your one-time fee iPhone-based UGT to an iPad and it's gonna work like no problem (though not in fullscreen).

garygxx
03-26-2012, 03:20 PM
In their defense, they need money to keep the site afloat somehow, since like you said, it's a free site that costs a lot to maintain. More traffic = more bandwidth = higher maintenance cost. But I still think Tab Pro wasn't the best way to go about it, since most people have Guitar Pro already and hate paying subscription fees.

I've no problem throwing the site some money and buying the app to support it, but the subscription fee is ridiculous in my opinion.
My sneaking suspicion is that the subscription fee is a way to get money from those who jailbreak their ithingies and pirate the apps, but i don't know too much about that side of things to be honest.

Ian Paul Gint
03-27-2012, 02:15 AM
My sneaking suspicion is that the subscription fee is a way to get money from those who jailbreak their ithingies and pirate the apps, but i don't know too much about that side of things to be honest.
Might as well be the case.