Hey guys...new-ish

PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys...new-ish

Daynaoa
09-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Hey, I've been a part of Ultimate guitar for a while, but never used the forums...I usually just hang out and look for fun tabs to play along with to songs.

I just recently decided that the songs I can't find tabs for I'd try and write them myself... I've never been that great at playing songs (on guitar) by ear..but, I think I've finally got it. Been practicing my chords and listening really closely to try and figure out the correct ones.

I've only written 3 tabs and two are just 'chords' but, the last one I wrote I put in the 'tab form' for some practice. I think it worked out great..though it hasn't been 'confirmed' yet by ultimate guitar.

Love playing guitar and hope to just keep improving. I'm self taught, and it's definitely one of my favorite passtimes! Knowing Piano definitely helped me figure the guitar out pretty fast..now, if I could only master Barre chords (improving daily) then I would be the happiest novice guitar player evar!!!

Daynaoa
09-09-2012, 02:34 PM
didn't realize that this is the Q and A forum..so...sorry, I introduced myself on here, ha ha!!

whywefight
09-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Hello, Daynaoa. I mostly chill out in The Pit, so if you see my posts anywhere else, you can be sure to ignore them because my advice is totally useless!

Daynaoa
09-09-2012, 03:28 PM
The pit..I will have to check that out! I've only ever searched for tabs on this site. So looking forward to heading over to different areas of the site. I really have this urge to be an awesome guitarist. even if it never gets me anywhere other then playing in my living room, hah!

whoomit
09-10-2012, 06:25 AM
Hey man, welcome :cheers:

Introduce yourself in here: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794605

Have a good stay!