I have to pay monthly, haven't I? (sorry if it sounds silly to you)

PDA

View Full Version : I have to pay monthly, haven't I? (sorry if it sounds silly to you)

Nicknoppon
09-20-2012, 01:18 AM
Hello everyone,
My name is Nick Noppon. I'm so new with the Guitar Pro. I just bought this app for my iPad few months ago.

I used to download some GP tab from Ultimate Guitar website and one day UG asked me to register and start the 3 days trial.

By activating this "nicknoppon" username, does it mean that I agreed to pay monthly??

PS. sorry for my weak English, it's not my mother tongue. ^_^

Geldin
09-20-2012, 01:59 AM
Having an account on ultimate-guitar.com does not cost anything. Downloading and using UGPlus applications like Tab Pro requires you pay a subscription fee.

If you want to view tabs on your computer without paying a subscription, you can download PowerTab or Tux Guitar, which are free to download and use. Tux Guitar allows you to open Guitar Pro and Power Tab files and is one of the best resources available to a guitarist these days and I highly recommend it.

whoomit
09-20-2012, 02:56 AM
If I remember rightly, you go straight to monthly subscription after the trial ends. You need to cancel your subscription before the trial ends. I forgot and ended up paying for 3 more months of something I didn't use :/

Nicknoppon
09-20-2012, 03:06 AM
Thank you, Geldin
Thank you, whoomit ^_^

It isn't difficult to cancel my subscription, is it?

Nicknoppon
09-20-2012, 03:21 AM
Hello again,
I just cancelled the subscription of "Tab Pro" in "My UG plus" page.

That's all, isn't it?

whoomit
09-20-2012, 03:55 AM
Yeah that should be it, under 'Subscriptions' it should now say: "You are not subscribed to any service yet. You can read information about available premium services and products at UG Plus page."

Nicknoppon
09-20-2012, 04:00 AM
Thanks again, whoomit ^_^
you guys just saved my life. ^_^