Tabs HD v Tab Pro HD

PDA

View Full Version : Tabs HD v Tab Pro HD

dtb200
01-02-2013, 07:35 PM
Ok so I'm confused... :confused: I am a subscriber to Tabs HD but now see another app Tab Pro HD. I have downloaded the latter, it asks me to login, which I do but then the app states that I do not have a subscription :(

Surely you are not asking for two subscriptions for the two similar apps? As a subscriber, I'd expect any developments to be updates to the app I have committed to, not to feature in another app I need to subscribe to?? Have I misunderstood?

Thank you

UG Support
01-09-2013, 09:33 AM
@ dtb200: Ultimate Guitar Tabs HD app provides text tabs and Tab Pro HD offers interactive tabs in Tab Pro format (similar to Guitar Pro and Power Tab). Being two different applications, they therefore require two different subscriptions.

Fercerbar
01-23-2013, 03:20 AM
Why the heck would I change to that app if I have two subscriptions evereybody is confused, so you should re calculate your marketing studies because I am a big fan and actually this is a big leap backwards. It is ridiculous! I feel kind of scammed and really upset.

dancar09
02-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Have to agree with Fercerbar. I paid the 12 month subscription for Pro and haven't really liked its interface and tried to use the normal HD version, but have to buy a new subscription to see the same tabs just in a different interface / app.

It does make any sense... At all.

Can we not switch subscriptions at least?

sas_man
03-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Ahhh Yes!

Me too; I really thought I was subscribing to Tabs Pro HD when I ordered 'ULTIMATE GUITAR TABS HD'. It soundedl a lot fancier and more spectacular. When installed on my iPad, it shows up as the innoculous 'Tabs HD'. I find its not what I thought, and I too subscribed to an entire years worth. About 5 minutes later after some more research I find I could have had 'Tabs Pro HD' for a mere $2 more.

Hey 'ULTIMATE GUITAR TABS HD' I'm sort of i-balling a competing product called 'Guitar Pro' which looks mo' bet'r over all. Might go that route and count my lost dollars to a learning experience. After all, how many of us have spent 8 bucks on a meal at a restuarant and found it wasn't entirely all that it looked like in the picture.

My advice to 'Ultamate Guitar'; dump 'Tabs HD', oops!; I mean 'ULTIMATE GUITAR TABS HD' and just be honest about the plain Jane name 'Tabs Pro HD'

Just Sayin'

UG Support
03-06-2013, 08:52 AM
There are various apps that we develop. Thus, it is strongly recommendable for our loyal customers to carefully read the description before purchasing the app http://app.ultimate-guitar.com/apps/ and try free demo versions available for iPad subscriptions and online premium services.

john.shier
03-22-2013, 12:07 PM
>it is strongly recommendable for our loyal customers to carefully read the description before >purchasing the app http://app.ultimate-guitar.com/apps/ and try free demo versions available for >iPad subscriptions and online premium services

No argument here. This is sound advice for anything you intend to purchase but this is nickle and diming, plain and simple.

Put out an app, charge a reasonable fee. Wait a bit, put out another app and charge another reasonable fee. Oh and if you want the full experience on the web TOO, pay again. All those fees start to add up to something very UNreasonable.

Charge us something reasonable for access to everything and call it a day. Don't make us pay over and over, ad nauseum.

Until there is a reasonable alternative (let me know if there is) to UG, this is probably what we can expect. They aren't the first to do this and they won't be the last.

To end on a positive note, UG is a great site with a lot to offer. Keep up the good work and give us an option that reflects how much you appreciate your loyal customers.

debitcred1
05-31-2013, 07:42 PM
As mad as everyone seems, imagine me, I just renewed the old version with lifetime subscription. Teach me to look for a bargain related to an application!

syntropique
01-01-2014, 06:59 PM
So please tell us the rules Re: subscription across:

- iPad
- phone
- Mac/PC

I get that it looks like the pro product is a deal with a partner who does the synth and custom format stuff.

So here is the customer question. And yes, I do music software marketing for a living :)

What subscription and app works across all the platforms above and provide both interactive scores and standard tabs.

My UG "Tabs" app on the iPhone with its in-app upgrade seems to provide that for phone but the iPad does not.

I look forward to learning.

Thank You,

- kT

adrachman
01-18-2014, 07:43 PM
Yeah, this is insane. Just paid $25 for tabs HD lifetime. I really thought I was getting everything. That is, by far, the most I've ever paid for an app and now I discover that a third of your tabs don't load on it unless I pay another $30 for Tab Pro?? $55 total????? This is a scam. I want my money back.

nagha
01-19-2014, 08:57 PM
I just paid $50 for Tab Pro and it has nothing I want. I thought it was just the desktop version of the Tabs app (which is pretty good). I got ripped off and this is ridiculous.

dkirschner
01-20-2014, 07:38 PM
This seems to be a particularly bone headed call by the developers. I've been trying to figure out the real difference between the two apps and which would be the best subscription for my needs. After reading these comments I've decided to buy neither. The company appears to have generated a lot of bad will with their customers.
If you're going to offer a lifetime subscription, it should cover you're whole catalog or at least offer a discounted upgrade path to pro users. This is just plain bad business.

idralig
01-27-2014, 12:15 AM
I have an email I just sent to UG today to try and figure out the difference between all these apps. I'm so glad I came here to view your comments. I'm sorry to see so many painful experiences with what I have always considered to be a respected company. I'm even more disappointed that UG has taken the stance that it's the buyers issue and not theirs - you should have read the fine print! Wow!! I've been trying to figure it out and resorted to emailing UG for clarification. At the point of sale in the App Store there is no explanation or recognition of the other app.

Sure are a lot of disappointed customers for this to be an isolated mistake. I had a similar issue with one of the top amp modeling and effects apps for the iOS platform. They want you to buy the same app again for each device - iPhone and iPad - and there is no guidance when you review the apps in the store. Sorry that's not fair to me as a consumer. They understood but they could not provide the refund for an app or the in app purchases I made - my purchases were made thru Apple. Apple understood my issue and refunded my purchases with no hesitation. Everyone not pleased with this type of business model should take it up with Apple. I'm not sure how this will be viewed as a subscription vs. an in app purchase but it's worth a shot. From the comments above UG does not appear to be interested.

msalvador09
02-22-2014, 02:23 PM
im having trouble i bought the tabs and tabs pro subscription on my ipad and i have it as well on my iphone but when i log into the computer to look at my subscriptions it says I have none.. Does that mean i have to buy it for the computer to be able to use it? Or is there someway to download my previous purchases from the other devices I have onto the computer??

UG Support
02-27-2014, 09:59 AM
Unfortunately, despite having similar functionality Tab Pro HD app and Tab Pro web service are different. Tab Pro HD was specially designed for iPad and Tab Pro web is online service available on the website only. Therefore, one purchase cannot cover both subscriptions.

Damo71
03-15-2014, 09:54 PM
UG, you should take your customers' pulse and react accordingly. Your tabs are written for you by your customers. You provided a free service for years on the net. That's what made you great. Now you're giving the distinct impression that you've seen dollar signs,. Sure, you have two different apps. But they basically do the same thing and other developers would just as likely have integrated the two functions into the same app (in fact, the guitar pro app allows you to export your tab to PDF, so they manage to provide the two services on the one app). So don't try on the "oh, we can't help it" argument.

Your customers loyalty isn't automatic, and you should not take it for granted. So tell me: why not reward customer's loyalty and, if you absolutely must steal, say "if you have a subscription to the one, here's a decent reduction on the other"?

larushka
05-14-2014, 05:32 AM
Add me to the list. Paid for ability to save favorites. Now I can't access them anymore. Why don't we all report them to Apple?

UG Support
05-14-2014, 08:32 AM
Add me to the list. Paid for ability to save favorites. Now I can't access them anymore. Why don't we all report them to Apple?
Your request is not so clear. What app can't you get an access to your Favorites in?
Also you can create a ticket in our support to quickly resolve your problem:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/about/contact.htm

damianmb
06-06-2014, 04:13 AM
Old thread but. I purchased the Android App long time ago and I get all my favourites website like functionality.

I just downloaded the iPad app and there is no App in Purchase for the Tab PRO HD. So Do I need to pay for subscription for both? Seems rather excessive adding to the fact that is only for iPad and it will not be there when I purchase an iPhone.

Is that correct? The subscriptions are different for iPhone/iPad?

Besides.. any alternatives? Because I don't like this business practice at all.

UG Support
06-09-2014, 07:23 AM
Is that correct? The subscriptions are different for iPhone/iPad?

Yes, it's two different products with separate fee. But you can also download Ultimate Guitar Tabs for iPhone/iPod on your iPad, to download it for free you should use the same Apple ID that was used for purchasing the app.

gsasko
07-09-2014, 11:40 AM
If they tried on purpose to make this app(s) more confusing they couldn't have. It seems to me that it's a money grabbing attempt with little concern for the customer. I've already given this company 5 times more than I usually do for good apps and they want more. Half the time the tab I want is available on one of app like Pro but not on the other - and vice versa. This is the worst company by far that I've encountered in this industry!!

joelafferty
07-23-2014, 06:43 AM
I agree with the anger in earlier posts - i have Ultimate on my iPad but HD on my iPhone - they are different apps but access my favourites. why pay a sub for both? it's very, very confusing & please don't blame your customers for not reading the small print.
i really like the app, but this is really frustrating me and I'm now looking for other replacement apps to migrate to, which is a pity...