The review section...

PDA

View Full Version : The review section...

rob_acoustic
02-24-2005, 12:13 PM
I know we can all say what we want to on the review section but damn, I mean why is every album getting 2 5's and a 4. That's a 4.7 average per person almost.

I mean lets be a little more critical. People are analyzing albums with bias opinions I think. It's cool to give a great album a great score but I think we should judge it by what it is in it's time and now, not by how well we liked it so much.

Rankles
02-24-2005, 12:20 PM
It's never been very good, people should be able to judge whetehr a review is biased though. Maybe the columns team could moderate the input, although it really depends how many get submitted a week.

busby_bass
02-24-2005, 07:13 PM
Well, to help iron out the bias I would propose a system where new albums are reviewed not only by the normal member, but also by a select group of members who could do another review, independent of bias etc .

So basically what you would end up with is two reviews, one full of the members biased "thoughts" and the other put forward by an elected team who would try there hardest to make the review non biased and informative

:cheers:

Rankles
03-15-2005, 01:14 PM
I think this has been discussed before, it was decided that if you want good reviews, as this is a member input driven community, you go out and review lots of albums.

Maybe... I have an idea I'll mull over. But for now, this isn't really the place.