Columns Submissions

PDA

View Full Version : Columns Submissions

matter
07-05-2005, 08:30 AM
Hello UG fellows!

As it was suggested by many users before, we've restriced access to submit forms of the columns section. Below I'll explain you why we had to resort to this action:

Problem #1 is that we receive dozens of new articles rarely containing more than 2 lines of text.

Problem #2 is the lack of feedback with those "contributors". Some of you are not logged in when submitting articles. This cause some annoying troubles -- we actually prefer not to post a column, submitted by "Unregistered" user, even if it seems good. When we did so -- the articles "suddenly" turned out to be "stolen" hehe.

We are sure that this will help to improve quality of articles posted on UG.

:cheers:

slash_pwns
07-05-2005, 05:18 PM
So all columns come through here?

Same with lessons?

matter
07-06-2005, 06:00 AM
Process of the columns' submission hasn't been changed.
The only thing you should take into consideration from now on is that you must be logged in to submit your article.

And no, this new rule doesn't spread to lessons.

marchoso
07-06-2005, 07:25 PM
Ah, wonderful. Are you guys going to do this for the tabs as well?

SilentDeftone
07-07-2005, 10:16 AM
But the whole point of my thread was mandatory approval by a mod/lessons team member. If you didn't implement that, logged-in members will bypass this forum and keep on submitting crappy lessons :confused:

-SD :dance:

slash_pwns
07-07-2005, 05:38 PM
^That's what should happen.

ibanez-gnr14
07-10-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by marchoso
Ah, wonderful. Are you guys going to do this for the tabs as well?

No, every thing will be the same unless you want to write a column. The rules above are for writing columns.

marchoso
07-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Who the hell are you?

Originally posted by SilentDeftone
But the whole point of my thread was mandatory approval by a mod/lessons team member. If you didn't implement that, logged-in members will bypass this forum and keep on submitting crappy lessons :confused:

-SD :dance:
I would love to see this.

I was thinking an e-mail kind of thing. All column members set up an e-mail account with UG. Then when a column is submitted, it goes to one of the members. They either accept it or turn it down.

If it's good to go, it's sent to zappp.

slash_pwns
07-11-2005, 07:30 PM
What about a Lessons type of thing, same idea?

Lessons are hard to write well, and aren't good enough unless put through the contribution phase.

Rankles
07-14-2005, 09:05 AM
That's progres I suppose. At least now we can trace users who send in consistently crappy/trolling/flaming/elitist articles from now on.

Rankles
09-06-2005, 04:25 AM
I think this can be closed now, it's kinda tkaing up sticky space.