Washburn D100

PDA

View Full Version : Washburn D100

Spitefull Shoe
07-21-2005, 02:48 PM
Washburn D100 acoustic.

From what i've read and looked up online, i would say this is the best guitar for the money(130 on Amazon)....although i've never played it. I looked at customer reviews and saw that it was very well liked and it's worth the buy.

What do you think about me getting this guitar, should i do it(or should i get a different one[post which one])?

cross44
07-21-2005, 05:49 PM
My friend bought one. From what i've seen, it's a pretty good starters guitar. I've played it a little, it's durable and all that.

The only major drawback is that it dosn't sound very good. I bought a Fender DS-14 Dreadnaught for 250... it sounds worlds better than the Washboard...

but it's you're just learning and you're short on cash, I don't think you'll be dissapointed with a washburn.

TeenWolf
07-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Washburn makes great acoustics. My friend has a $200 Washburn, which he's kept for about 3 years. He's a great player and still has no desire to upgrade.

If you are a beginner, the guitar you mentioned will probably suit your needs.

Spitefull Shoe (I don't get it...) is right. The more money you put into a guitar, the better it will sound but to the common ear, maybe that difference is negligible. I have a $300 Takamine that sounds just like my friend's $200 Washburn.

Play the guitar at a store before you buy it. Look at many models. I would recommend buying from a store. Hopefully you have a Sam Ash or Guitar Center around you. Their prices are equal to or better than online prices.