Vester bass and pickups

PDA

View Full Version : Vester bass and pickups

Raad101
07-30-2005, 05:43 PM
Does any1 know anything about Vester basses?
I'm thinking about getting one at my local musicstore (I just started playing) but I wanna know if they're just pieces of crap or good beginner basses.
The two options I have is either get the Vester bass together with a Samick 25W amp or a Yamaha RBX270 with a Kustom 16W amp. What do you think?

My second question is what kind of pickups that are best suitable for Metallica, Maiden and so on?

vinniegbass
07-31-2005, 12:10 AM
i've never heard of vester so i'd go with the yamaha. if it is a low production company i have no opinion on vester,but if it seems to be mass produced ie. machine made with a crappy paint finish don't waste your money. if it is a locally produced instrument give it a fair shot. check with your dealer on these questions.

Raad101
07-31-2005, 07:30 AM
I read in a review on the internet that the Vester is a very good asian copy of Fenders basses (but then again I don't know if I have the same model).

boba899
07-31-2005, 09:46 AM
Some reviews on the internet can be dodgy (the rogue one we saw for example). Chances are its just one of the better copies, but I'd still go with the yamaha. They're much better.

MyChemicalBass
07-31-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by boba899
Some reviews on the internet can be dodgy (the rogue one we saw for example). Chances are its just one of the better copies, but I'd still go with the yamaha. They're much better.

I found that review!:p: But I second the advice about the Yamaha.

bloodinstone
07-02-2006, 02:34 PM
i own a vester, would never sell it. bought it for 35 quid and its great. dont think i will ever buy another 4 strings unless this one broke. love it to pieces.

and i have a bad experiance with yamaha so yeh.

Raad101
07-02-2006, 02:38 PM
How did you stumble across this thread again? Anyway I ended up buying a stock Samick P-bass and a Marshall B65 (compressor, Bass & Treble controls and a 5-band EQ. I'm dying to buy a new bass though. The action is crazy high and I still get a lot of fretbuzz.