I have Sweaty Hands......

PDA

View Full Version : I have Sweaty Hands......

Zenitro
08-02-2005, 02:48 AM
i have that problem ^^^^^^^^^^
while playing guitar....its kinda annoying (very annoying) when u have sweaty hands......are there any cures or even advice due to this problem????

is it advicable to put powder all over your hands so that the sweating or perspiration will stop???? would it harm the fretboard or even the strings?????

do u know any "famous" guitarists that have this problem?????

Bodom_Shredder7
08-02-2005, 02:51 AM
baby powder, my friend

Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
08-02-2005, 02:53 AM
put acne meds on ur hands(the de-moisturizing kind), rub it in RREEEAALLL good on ur hands, wait 5 minutes

it works

JaYB06
08-02-2005, 02:55 AM
My hands do that too. While I can't stop it completely, what I do is just wash my hands with soap before I play. It seems to clean up the oils on my hands and doesn't make my sweat as fast or as much.

Jesus_Himself
08-02-2005, 03:06 AM
my hands sweat alot to and i actually prefer it. it jusy makes it faster for ur hand to get around the neck faster like lube

millencolin182
08-02-2005, 03:11 AM
I agree with Jesus, most of the time is a good thing.

BlueZephyr
08-02-2005, 03:12 AM
^He asked if any famous guitarists had this problem and you two answered with "my hands..". I'm pretty sure you two aren't famous, losers.

Those sweaty hands will come in handy when you want to play fast.

millencolin182
08-02-2005, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by BlueZephyr
^He asked if any famous guitarists had this problem and you two answered with "my hands..". I'm pretty sure you two aren't famous, losers.

shut up n00b, at least I gave him some advice, so take your spam to the pit.

millencolin182
08-02-2005, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by BlueZephyr
Like he'll really take advice from someone who said "I agree with JESUS. don't be immature.

So far I haven't seen any advice from you that can help him.

BlueZephyr
08-02-2005, 03:31 AM
^ Uh-huh. Look again.

Zenitro
08-02-2005, 04:09 AM
ur right though.....i can move faster than usual but i have to change my strings every 1 - 2 months......bec. they rust faster due to perspiration.....iv'e bought string cleaners(Peavey) and string cleaning cloth(GHS) but my sweat is to powerful for them.........

millencolin182
08-02-2005, 04:44 AM
dude you have to change your strings every 1 or 2 months even if your hands are dryer than the sahara desert.

Do the strings really rust??, because if thats the case then you have one big sweaty problem.

Jerry Monkey
08-02-2005, 04:47 AM
i do too and it doesnt realy bother me, sometimes if i play for a long time i put on a glove on the right hand (one of those where the fingers stick out on top) and it does its job. For the strings however.... yea, that sux. The nice shynie silver ROCKS of in about 1 week on all 3 strings and after 1 month i SHOULD change them.

mr_hankey
08-02-2005, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Jerry Monkey
i do too and it doesnt realy bother me, sometimes if i play for a long time i put on a glove on the right hand (one of those where the fingers stick out on top) and it does its job. .

Haha, I can totally imagine you playing guitar with gloves on, warming your hands up, making you sweat even more.

jj1565
08-02-2005, 06:47 AM
things that can help...
wrist bands, soap, rubbing alcohol,
and here's the one that will help the most if u use it...

next time ur shopping, buy a stick of antiperspirant (arm and hammer, dial, ect...)something scent free. this stick is just for ur hands. u glide it on ur hands before practice and the sweating should stop.

strings rust fastest when u sweat, so wipe them down after use. and spray a small bit of windex on a dry rag, wipe just the strings not the fretboard.

Zenitro
08-02-2005, 06:57 AM
do u mean i should put Deodorant on my hands???????????

jj1565
08-02-2005, 06:58 AM
yes i do.
i know it sounds dumb but i guess it depends how badly u want the sweating to stop.

davisdavis
08-02-2005, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Jesus_Himself
my hands sweat alot to and i actually prefer it. it jusy makes it faster for ur hand to get around the neck faster like lube

that's discusting, having all that sweat dripping down from the guitar..damn i lost my appetite, you, eat my dinner.

Zenitro
08-02-2005, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by jj1565
yes i do.
i know it sounds dumb but i guess it depends how badly u want the sweating to stop.

Ok ill try it tomorrow,see if it works..
thnx for the advice you guys....and GIRLS....

steve_slash
08-02-2005, 08:20 AM
Is it only when you play guitar or is it all the time. If you go to your doctor they will prescribe you some special stuff for your hands as i have realy sweaty pits and i use this stuff called driclor and it is realy effect. Im sure there is a hand alternative. I wouldnt suggest to play with sweaty hands either as it will cause your strings to get messed up even if it does "make you quicker". If not, well everyone else has given some good advice that id try out.

Ive just looked up about driclor and they say it works for feet on an advertisement, so i guess it works for hands too.

tony burrito
09-14-2012, 02:11 PM
Try http://www.fastasspowder.com/

"fastass™ is the perfect accessory for any gigging guitarist. How many times have you found yourself with sticky hands that inhibit your playing on stage? Even worse, how many times have you used a talc based powder on your neck hand only to slap your hands together and have the dust cloud get in your eyes. Painful red eyes for that set guaranteed."

dannyalcatraz
09-14-2012, 02:24 PM
do u mean i should put Deodorant on my hands???????????
Not a deodorant- an anti-perspirant.

A deodorant only masks or prevents your sweat from smelling bad. An anti-perspirant prevents you from sweating where it is applied.