rondo music guitars?

PDA

View Full Version : rondo music guitars?

Ghost_bass
08-11-2005, 09:07 PM
how are the guitars on rondo music.com?

i see some that i like the look of one there and i only have 250 bucks to spend so i was just wondering how they are and is they do suck would they be fine w/ some new pickups or is everything crap?

thanks

showbreadman
08-11-2005, 09:14 PM
the lp copys are like all nice... i sugest the white with black pickgaurd... (three humbuckers) i dunno what its called though

crzywhiteboy
08-11-2005, 09:17 PM
the agile are some of the best guitar ever made,especailly the more more expensive ones,better then Epis.

Ghost_bass
08-11-2005, 09:19 PM
there are also guitars that arent agile their called rx or something how are they? every guitar i looked at is made of either alder or mahogany so its not like their useing **** wood or anything....

showbreadman
08-11-2005, 09:24 PM
oh dude somewhere on that site it says that agile another brand are good guitars but the other two they have are crap... look for it

Ghost_bass
08-11-2005, 09:26 PM
i really dont think they would dis guitars they are trying to sell....

showbreadman
08-11-2005, 09:27 PM
well they call them guitars that you can take to a friends house without worrying if they get scratched or dented :)

Ghost_bass
08-11-2005, 09:29 PM
cause they are really cheap that doesent alwayse mean there a peice of plywood with strings

showbreadman
08-11-2005, 09:33 PM
well if they were pretty good dont you think they would cost a little more? and it says that then when its talking about the agiles it says now these are higher quality guitars... either higher than the other guitars or just in general

Deadinthehead
08-11-2005, 09:45 PM
They are talking about the higher series, I.E the 2800 series is a step up from the 2000 and 2500 series. Agile go from the 2000 series (usually about 200 dollars) al the way up to the 3500 series which can reach 500+. In all my time with guitar I've only heard a couple bad reviews and the guy who runs the store fixed it immediately.

StrongJaG
08-11-2005, 09:48 PM
Great quality, great price. The reason they sell so cheap is he si the only guy that sells them therefore no markup. Modest profit for great items. I mean he sells by sheer word of mouth.

(My best bud has a 2800, **** its nice.)

Ghost_bass
08-11-2005, 09:50 PM
im thinking about a white les paul copy w/ 3 humbuckers for $280 or this thing that comes with 2 strat copy guitar packs for $200

showbreadman
08-11-2005, 10:03 PM
dude dont get the strat copy packs... go with the lp copy... if you want guitars to practice painting on and stuff ebay it man. strat copies for 30 bucks.

(thats pretty much the only reason i could think of for buying cheap guitars when you have money for more)

Armored Artist
08-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Agiles have amazing tone and look gorgeous. The AL3000 is probably the best deal out there.

However, they are not perfect. Sometimes there is the occasional blemish or a bit of filler under the binding, but they are not noticable unless you are examining the guitar closely. Also, the necks aren't always perfectly centred in relation to the body. None of these things affect the playability or sound though.

They are the best LP copies out there, hands down.

la bamba
08-11-2005, 10:18 PM
Good for the money . . . Let's be honest, they're definitely not best copies

GibsonROX
08-12-2005, 02:34 AM
^^ The guy's right.

Agiles to me are WAY overated, and I know because I tried my friend's 2500. It's nothing special. Just another guitar on the block. People say they are high quality guitars and can stand up to guitars for or five times it's price. Bullshit. I'd like to see the next person go to a store w/ an agile and actually trying to compare it to a PRS Custom 24.

FacingUsAll
08-12-2005, 09:28 AM
Better than Epiphones though :)

Ghost_bass
08-12-2005, 09:51 AM
how is rondo music for reliability on shipping and everything?

rwtf
07-27-2010, 11:35 AM
I would like to know as well :P

bubbaearl
07-27-2010, 11:54 AM
I ordered mine and got it in four days. I've also heard that their customer service is top notch, but I've not had to contact them since I received mine. All I had to do was some minor height adjustment on the bridge, and I replaced the strings with the size that I'm used to.
My AL3100 is
http://www.shoprockamerica.com/image.php?productid=2935

Darkdevil725
07-27-2010, 04:02 PM
rondomusic guitars are great and you get more bang for your buck from there. The Agile's are great guitars and are commonly known to be better than a lot of epiphones. With the agiles a pickup swap is usually all you need on the $200 - $300 guitars. I promise you that if buy an agile you wont be dissapointed. Ive bought two guitars there and I have been happy both times. And I had a customer bring me a AL-3100 and it was just great, it was not as good as a Gibson but it was still very comfortable and fun to play.

r0ckth3d34n
07-27-2010, 04:37 PM
How do 5 year old threads still exist?

Super necropost... it is fail...

kcorkcar
07-27-2010, 05:37 PM
How about the Explorer Copies?
How do those sound?

scaronyourface
07-27-2010, 05:55 PM
My friend has his over at my house right now and i've been playing it for a while and i got to say its pretty sweet really bassy though but deff worth the 200+ dollars.
his is the black less paul copy with gold hardware and it sounds pretty good
deff get one you wont get anything better with that amount of money.

Darkdevil725
07-27-2010, 06:41 PM
How about the Explorer Copies?
How do those sound?
There are plenty of reviews about the Ghost lll and Halo's on youtube.

obeythepenguin
07-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Wow, five year necrobump. :facepalm:

They're cheap imports that probably sound and play exactly like cheap imports. They're no different than any other low-end Asian guitars, except that you can only buy them from a single online dealer, which to me is reason enough to avoid them in itself. Don't trust reviews; people will always try to justify their purchase whether they paid $300 for the instrument or $3000.

TL;DR: You get what you pay for. /thread

Darkdevil725
07-27-2010, 07:31 PM
Wow, five year necrobump. :facepalm:

They're cheap imports that probably sound and play exactly like cheap imports. They're no different than any other low-end Asian guitars, except that you can only buy them from a single online dealer, which to me is reason enough to avoid them in itself. Don't trust reviews; people will always try to justify their purchase whether they paid $300 for the instrument or $3000.

TL;DR: You get what you pay for. /thread
Looks like someone is on the rag. They are cheap imports but they are good cheap imports. Besides you have to remember that the guys who made these guitars also make many parts for your ibanez and epiphone guitars. But dont trash guitars you know nothing about, they are not gibsons and they are not fenders and that is a good thing cause with rondomusic you can get good instruments for more than a fair price. I am not going to compare these guitars to gibson cause lets face it they are not gibsons but I bet you $20 that if gibson took an AL-3000 and put there logo on it then sold it for $1000 you would not complain.

Crohny
07-27-2010, 08:01 PM
like all nice...

oof

i've heard nothing but good things. havent played one yet, but im hopefully buying my first agile if someone buys my V.

obeythepenguin
07-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Looks like someone is on the rag. They are cheap imports but they are good cheap imports.
I never said they were bad guitars. I strongly implied it, of course...

Besides you have to remember that the guys who made these guitars also make many parts for your ibanez and epiphone guitars.
That was exactly my point. They're no different than any other cheap import brand; in fact, by your own argument the instruments themselves are essentially the same.

But dont trash guitars you know nothing about, they are not gibsons and they are not fenders and that is a good thing cause with rondomusic you can get good instruments for more than a fair price.
Perhaps good for the price, but they certainly aren't Gibsons or Fenders. Anyway, I like brands you can actually buy in stores. They may be more expensive, but it's worth it to be able to play the instrument before you buy.

I am not going to compare these guitars to gibson cause lets face it they are not gibsons but I bet you $20 that if gibson took an AL-3000 and put there logo on it then sold it for $1000 you would not complain.
You're not going to compare these guitars to Gibson, but you're going to imply it?

I'm not sure if this is another jab at Gibson's quality control, but for the record, I've played a number of Gibsons, old and new. Every single one of them has felt like the high-end musical instrument it is. If there was a problem with the instrument, I almost certainly would complain.

Now, to be completely fair to Rondo, I frankly have no opinion of them either way. I'm simply trying to counter all the outlandish claims I hear that their guitars are the Second Coming or something (perhaps a slight exaggeration). Again, you get what you pay for; take that as you will.

Darkdevil725
07-27-2010, 08:24 PM
That wasnt a jab at Gibsons quality control and I wasnt implying that its a Gibson I was just stating a fact that if it was exactly the same way it is now but produced by gibson and they slapped a 1k pricetag on it then noone would complain. Though the fact that rondomusic doesnt sell through retail stores is one of the reason they are low cost. But just for the record we all know Gibson > Agile as far as quality goes though when it comes down to getting what you paid for I find it more like this Agile > Gibson. Though from personal experience I do have to say this Agile > Epiphone, though there are some amazing Epiphones out there its just in most cases I find the agiles to be better. But lets leave the vintage gibsons out of all arguements cause its a vintage gibson, you cant beat that.