fret board problems?

PDA

View Full Version : fret board problems?

mr.lame
08-13-2005, 05:16 AM
ok before you bombard me with sayings that there is another forum like this, i need an answer really badly so i didnt bother to look up if there is another forum like this. actually i dont know if its d fret board that has the problem. i change my string constantly. maybe lyk once a month since i dont play evryday or whatever. but after lyk one week, my strings start to rust. even though i clean them everyday! i thought if there was a problem with the fret board cuz its a very old guitar. i had it for like 7 or more years now. anyone got a clue what might be wrong with this guitar and what could i possibly do to fix it. thanks alot

Mathamology
08-13-2005, 05:29 AM
just a question, do you clean your strings with water?

mr.lame
08-13-2005, 05:31 AM
no. i clean it with a string cleaner. i also tried cleaning d fret board when i change the strings. but i dunno if that helps. lol.

Mathamology
08-13-2005, 05:34 AM
Haha, i was just checking, i thought maybe you cleaned them with water :bonk:

Sorry, I dont think I can help you! :(

mr.lame
08-13-2005, 05:35 AM
lol well i would not ask what the problem is if i cleaned it with water. lol. hahaha maybe i would do that if i hated my guitar. hehehe.

CorduroyEW
08-13-2005, 09:08 AM
some people just make their strings rust. Its from the stweat coming off your hands. Using the string cleaner is a good firts step to prevening it. You probably be going thru strings a lot faster otherwise. The only other thing you can do is use the strings that are coated. Like elixers.

the_blue_guitar
08-14-2005, 01:03 AM
I dont see how the problem could be in the fretboard.. In response to corduroy, you could wear gloves... I have the same problem, my hands sweat a lot, so i make sure to wipe the strings right after, and i they stay rust free.. or maybe you just keep your guitar in a humid place...

P.S. I was joking about the gloves

mr.lame
08-17-2005, 03:45 AM
yea i guess i should use gloves. since im from the Philippines too, hands are sweaty. lol. but i think i figured out the problem. but i'm not sure if it is really the fretboard. i tried cleaning it yesterday. n i wiped it with cotton n there were brown rusty colored stuff on it. but it could be the color of the wood. yea i always clean my string. on my other acoustic, it doesnt rust that much. and i can tell that the strings on my new acoustic is older. coz when i bought it, it was there already. and i've seen the guitar for ages with the same old strings. so in my old one, i guess i'll just ask the people in the music store here. is it ok cleaning your fretboard with guitar polish?

sandwich_man
08-17-2005, 04:48 AM
^ yeah, should be ok. a fretboard is part of a guitar, after all. where do you put your guitar when you're not playing?

mr.lame
08-17-2005, 05:01 AM
its just in my room with my other guitar and my bass. and the bass and other acoustic don't get rusty strings like my other one.

Diamond Dave
08-17-2005, 05:07 AM
youre supposed to clean your strings?

mr.lame
08-17-2005, 05:23 AM
yea i do all d time. i posted about that in the beggining.

steelers82
08-17-2005, 01:04 PM
yah coated strings r the way to go....