DevilDriver

PDA

View Full Version : DevilDriver

las7
08-13-2005, 07:05 AM
The Fury of Our Maker?s Hand-this CD really suprised me. I think devildriver did a good job balancing the heavy trinity of Thrash, Death, and a little bit of black metal. Of course with most modern bands around today they add in a few breakdowns but dont over do it like almost evry metalcore band. If you have an open mind and ca forgive Dez for Coal Chamber, this CD will make you bang your head incessently. By the way, the solo in "Pale Horse Apocolypse" should definatly be checked out by any metal guitarist.What do you think about DevilDriver is the new cd is there progression or is it bland? I really cant stop listening to itbut then again I have seen the band live 2wice and Im quite biased.

napalm_monkey
08-13-2005, 07:57 AM
Yeah i got that and it was awsome realy surpised me, why this is in the hardcore section i don't know though.

RHCPhysco8
08-13-2005, 10:55 AM
well, where else would it be?^

benchiefjr
08-13-2005, 11:32 AM
if people listened to the cd in the metal forum, thats where it should be

Independent27
08-13-2005, 12:01 PM
I enjoy them.

las7
08-13-2005, 12:58 PM
Lol Iwould love to put DD in the metal forum but all the comments will be about how non-metal they are ...

blackAlbino
08-13-2005, 01:58 PM
damn id never heard of them bfore u but the rock

napalm_monkey
08-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Devil driver suit dez's voice way better than coal chamber did,
theyve realy got their act together for this album

waldorphPRS41
08-13-2005, 03:22 PM
I hate them.

las7
08-13-2005, 03:56 PM
^can you tell us at least why you hate them ,so we can justify your hate and decide whether its valid ;)

waldorphPRS41
08-13-2005, 05:56 PM
I had heard alot about them but had never heard them then I saw their video on Headbangers Ball and I was like, "Wow, this really sucks."

Charlatan_001
08-13-2005, 11:06 PM
Their videos are pretty bad, but I think their songs are pretty rockin.

waldorphPRS41
08-13-2005, 11:55 PM
I'm not just saying the video was bad, though it was, I thought the song itself was bad as well. Mabye it's just me though.

)Eric(Draven
08-14-2005, 12:33 AM
Last time I checked, saying how you heard a band isn't really an explanation as to why you think they suck.

I don't listen to them much but they're alright.

mcbradntasha
08-14-2005, 08:22 AM
yea it does suit his voice better then coal chamber. i like devil drivers song i dreamed i died....major headbanging song i love it.

benchiefjr
08-14-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by waldorphPRS41
I had heard alot about them but had never heard them then I saw their video on Headbangers Ball and I was like, "Wow, this really sucks."
You heard one song, i suggest listening to more before u jump to unreasonable conclusions.:mad:

hXcMacbeth3
08-14-2005, 12:46 PM
saw them at sounds of the udnerground(shhh) and didnt like them

las7
08-26-2005, 04:03 PM
I have no problem with people not liking some band that I listen to,but I would like to know why exactly you dont. Since you prob listen to other metalcore(loosely using this term) bands ,what exactly in DD's music dont you like? Also what do you think about the new cd? Is it a move forward as I think or is it medicore?

shai_savant
08-27-2005, 07:48 PM
What is that some kind of new core?

*Def*
08-28-2005, 10:53 AM
sounds like nu-metal to me.

shai_savant
08-28-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by *Def*

idk if you were responding to me but it was a joke because he said it was mediocore or something like that

clockworkorange
08-28-2005, 09:05 PM
DevilDriver is fist pounding heavy metal
i agree that this thread belongs in the metal thread but they would say how it wasnt metal. ****ing retards
they all hate on Dimmu too. they are ****ed. someone needs to move this thead over there so we can prove how metal they are.
if End of the Line doesnt make you want to just punch the **** out something, there is something wrong with you.

downfallen23
08-28-2005, 09:26 PM
take this to the metal forum, and if they have a problem, tell them i commanded thee

las7
08-29-2005, 03:09 AM
LOL ;) well Im so getting flamed Lmao if i do I asked in the recomindation and everyone started to talk ****.

downfallen23
08-29-2005, 01:52 PM
well in that case they're big gays haha

DeSean
08-31-2005, 07:48 AM
They're a bit of a heavy band.

Bottled Ink Co.
08-31-2005, 08:45 AM
DevilDriver's pretty much Nu-Metal in my opinion. And yes, I've heard a lot of their songs. More than I would like to admit, actually.

How does the name "Nu-Core" sound to anyone?

las7
08-31-2005, 09:48 AM
Lmao Bottle Ink, you crack I up Devil Driver doesn?t sound anything like nu-metal, ANYTHING do you know what CC was nu-metal and even the comparison between CC and DD is impossible and wrong. No DJ, no rapping, there are solos, the singer hardly sings (only one song has clean singing) while most nu-metal is way more vocally driven.

downfallen23
09-01-2005, 12:15 PM
i hope becca and pissangel don't see that nu-core post, they take it seriously and get mortally offended

Bottled Ink Co.
09-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by downfallen23
i hope becca and pissangel don't see that nu-core post, they take it seriously and get mortally offended

Ah yes, I can see it now..."Nu-Core isn't a real genre!!"...Yes, I made it up just now, congratulations on figuring that one out. :rolleyes:

las7
09-04-2005, 06:53 AM
The more I listen to the album the more I feel its one of the best this year I didnt expect DD to proggress so much technicly for so little time. I think that it is a huge proggresion from the s/t which had some filter songs ,but again I think that DD can only get better and this album proves it.

LedZeppelin
09-04-2005, 10:38 AM
I really like the drumming, not terribly fond of the vocals though. Good sound, but def's right, a bit nu-metalish.

las7
09-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Heh I dont agree well for the first album I do agree to some degree but the TFOOMH is not even close to nu-metal infect out of all the big metalcore bands I would say that DD is the furthest away from nu-metal. Like I said before many of the so called ellements of nu-metal are disregarded in the new cd. Sure there is some influence but even the vocals have moved further and further from nu-metal cliche. The guitar have really proggresed and you can really fill it in songs like Pale Horse Apocalypse. The drumming was always this good. The s/t was basicly saved by the awsome drumming.
Favorite tracks on the new album include Pale Horse Apocalypse ,End of The Line ,The Fury of Our Makers Hand .Do any of you ppl have fav tracks on it?

surburus_666
09-14-2005, 01:00 PM
dez sounds like a farmer in hold back the day

alwaaayyyyys

funeralforafrie
09-15-2005, 03:00 AM
I like em', they use quite a few Lamb of God riffs though, it'll be awesome to see them along with LOG in december

My fave track on the latest cd is Bear Witness Onto.

rg_metal
09-18-2005, 12:36 PM
Devildriver has some really cool stuff. I want to see if I should buy their CD or not.

las7
11-25-2005, 04:03 AM
^Men buy The Fury of Our Makers Hand its really outstanding in my top5 for this year ,it is a very broad cd containing influence from a range of styles. The drumming is Thrashy and as in the first album perhaps one of the greatest thing in the CD ,guitar work on this one is many times better then their last ,Bass is up to par as usuall and Dez does his thing. With tracks like End Of the Line(starts of with accoustic and suddenly a wall of sound comes and crashes the whole accoustic feel) ,Sin and Sacrifce(very catchy with some very good bass) ,Ripped Apart, Pale Horse Apocalypse(awsome solo basicly the best guitar on the album) ,Just Run(a frantic track really gets me going) ,Bear Witness Onto(Basicly the most Thrashy song on the album), Before the Hangmen's Nose(A very good song with tempo changes very good guitar work and drumming) and my absolute favorite The Fury...(it has everything its perfectly done it has some clean singing dont know by whom but its like only used to underline Dez's vocals, this track is pure with really good lyrics awsome changes in tempo. The Guitars and Drums are as uselly on the album really stand out. The bass is not in your face although you can feel it.) A solid album if you like the first you will find the secound very much better. If you havnt listen to them try finding out what they are about before you buy it.

The Nameless666
11-25-2005, 06:13 PM
i only have heard of them and thats beucase they are going on a tour with In Flames and Trivium in 2006, im probably going to that show so i guess i should hceck these guys out first

stealth_penguin
11-26-2005, 01:37 AM
I have no problem with people not liking some band that I listen to,but I would like to know why exactly you dont. Since you prob listen to other metalcore(loosely using this term) bands ,what exactly in DD's music dont you like? Also what do you think about the new cd? Is it a move forward as I think or is it medicore?
What the heck is medicore?

steee21
11-26-2005, 06:17 AM
I think he means mediocre.

las7
11-27-2005, 06:15 AM
^Yep never could get the damn spelling correct :(
Well I certanly think their new album has been a huge proggression.

Exloverslover
09-10-2006, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I don't get the whole metal vs. nu-metal thing.

Who the hell cares?

It's music. You don't like it? I don't care.
You're not going to change the world by saying you don't like it to me.
You're just going to sound like a dumbass because you can't let things be if you don't like them.

And on a side note: Yeah, their new album is fuggin' amazing for the harmonies and just how everything is timed. The first one was good too, but it wasn't at all complicated compared to "The Fury of Our Maker's Hands". It takes a little to get used to his scream, but it suits everything else in the band so well it's well worth it. Even just his timing for things is amazing. Or maybe I'm crazy.

But anyways!

Oh, and on a side note to the side note: I thought someone was amking a joke that the genre should be "Medio[x]core" type thing, not just mispelling it. I laughed when I read it for how clever it was, and then I laughed at my stupidity afterwards. =P Haha.

ihatepigum
09-10-2006, 09:29 PM
the singer is an asshole and i've seen him cry after a show. the drummer is nice tho, i talked to him for a little while. but most definetly nu-metal, all of their songs sound the same live.

Drumstick
09-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Hold back the day kicks much ass!

las7
09-13-2006, 01:18 AM
Most definetly nu-metal :rolleyes: *cough*idiot*cough*

las7
02-25-2007, 04:57 PM
New album is coming out in 2-3 months it's called "The Last Kind Words"

Here is what Dez Fafara said about the album, "In a time when most bands are trying to be Metallica, Pantera, or Iron Maiden, we have made sure our sound is exclusively DevilDriver. The songs are faster and more riffy than on The Fury Of Our Maker's Hand, and there are also more solos. But with all the same groove that makes DevilDriver different." Obviously satisfied with the progress thus far he adds, "Working with Jason and Mark has been great. They know how to capture the vibe of this band."

Currently they are going on tour with Dimmu Borgir

SillyRabbit
04-05-2007, 11:01 PM
I just started listning to them they pwn. Sin and Sacrafice, heard it on 525 power radio and i was like wow i have to hear more.

Dobzilla
04-06-2007, 06:12 AM

The old album is defiantly nu-metal.

But the newest album, I'm not too sure about. I'd call it metalcore personally..

Well anyway, yeah awesome band. I really like them. My favourite song is probably sin and sacrifice.

MCMTEDNUGENT
04-06-2007, 08:27 PM
is this a joke?

grungefan89
04-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Honestly, I'm surprised that this managed to reach two pages ... in the wrong forum, anyway.

As for the band, I haven't really heard enough of them to really stamp a label on them (I just know it's not Hardcore or Metalcore in any shape or fashion) or judge them, so, for the sake of the fanboys, I won't go there. I have heard Coal Chamber ... not that bad for Nu-Metal, really. I find it maybe a little boring, though.

las7
04-07-2007, 03:41 AM
What's with the wrong forum buisness. Devildriver can hardly be put into nu-metal, you can associate Fez with the whole nu-metal craze but this band is not nu-metal.

Dobzilla
04-07-2007, 07:10 AM
Honestly, I'm surprised that this managed to reach two pages ... in the wrong forum, anyway.

As for the band, I haven't really heard enough of them to really stamp a label on them (I just know it's not Hardcore or Metalcore in any shape or fashion) or judge them, so, for the sake of the fanboys, I won't go there. I have heard Coal Chamber ... not that bad for Nu-Metal, really. I find it maybe a little boring, though.

lol. I doubt it'd go down well in the metal forum... It'd just be shot down and told to be put in the hardcore forum. :p:

guitarwannabe16
04-07-2007, 02:38 PM
What the heck is medicore?

Thanks for the sig.

Slanderous
08-04-2007, 01:40 AM
Digging up the Corpses is a badass song, this band is pretty good, I'm somewhat excited to see them at Ozzfest in a week since the Mondo Generator got kicked off.

technicolour
08-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Terrorizer magazine gave the new album a 2.5/10

And that magazine is credible.

BassNewbie
08-04-2007, 11:07 AM
They got my respect cuz their heavy and they wrote some good music

do i like them? no cant stand their vocalist! hate him with a passion. but that doesn't mean their not good

Tim Remains
08-04-2007, 09:53 PM

wow.

The new album is ****ing great

Smkiller
08-05-2007, 04:30 PM

That's one magazine's opinion not to trust then. Their new album was their best one yet.

666_Pounder
08-05-2007, 04:56 PM
The Fury ..... was an awesome CD nothing revolutionary but damn good, although i was a little bored by the last track if they could have shaven it down by 1 or 2 then it would have been even better. I got the new album on advance and frankley, it was boring i didn't even finish listning.

las7
08-12-2007, 02:28 PM
I really want to get my hands on the new album, unfortunatly I will have to travel over 2hours for a musical store that sells it-and I got no car

guitarwannabe16
08-13-2007, 01:13 AM
That's one magazine's opinion not to trust then. Their new album was their best one yet.

2.5 is their best one?
jk

Im not a DD fan though.

11thHour
08-13-2007, 07:39 AM
core!? meh.... i stopped caring about UG categorization a long time ago.
Brilliant band. Hold Back The Day what a ****ing song.

Flamedmapletop
08-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Love the Last Kind Words album. Its speed/ melodeath metal and it should be in the metal forum.

technicolour
08-13-2007, 12:20 PM
2.5 is their best one?
jk

Im not a DD fan though.

Yeah, me neither, that's probably why I agreed with them.

By the by, this has nothing to do with how bad/good the band is, but the name sounds like a wrestling move to me : /

las7
10-15-2007, 04:10 PM
The new album I just got a few weeks ago and so far I'm really liking "The Axe Shall Fall"; "Clouds over California", "Horn of Betrayal" & "Bound by the Moon". Actually I enjoy most songs there are a few songs which could have been better but otherwise a very solid 3rd album. I think they improved in a few aspects but I think they can improve even further on future releases.

Ohh yeah here is the video for "Not all who wonder are lost" from the new album

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dPcnR3AewJ0

Dahulio
02-09-2008, 10:11 AM
I have Fury Of Our Maker's Hand, which is a really good CD. There first CD was kind of plain, but Fury of our maker's hand has a lot of really good metal songs on it. Sin and Sacrifice, , The title track, End of the Line, Hold Back the Day, and Driving Down to Darkness (which was in scrubs lol) are really good. Before the hangman's noose is THE PERFECT SONG to headbang to :D

Thebiz
03-04-2008, 11:30 PM
I'm currently trying to learn Not All Who Wander Are Lost...

And if these tabs are right then boy do their guitarists love the bottom two strings.

icyblue
03-05-2008, 02:42 AM
Awesome band, and the size of the circle pits at some of their shows are just EPIC

SOADwannabe
03-05-2008, 03:02 AM
I'm currently trying to learn Not All Who Wander Are Lost...

And if these tabs are right then boy do their guitarists love the bottom two strings.
What's wrong with the bottom two strings? :D :peace:

bchan92
03-05-2008, 07:09 AM
devildriver are sick havnt listened to em in ages tho

Thebiz
03-05-2008, 06:19 PM
What's wrong with the bottom two strings? :D :peace:

Nothing :D

YourDad
11-23-2008, 11:13 PM
I thought DevilDriver was groove metal. It does have some metalcore sound in it, but I don't think this belongs in the Hardcore forum.

Tapping_Ninja
11-24-2008, 11:00 PM

When did Nu-metal have solos??? I mean really good solos?

punk_metal
11-26-2008, 07:21 AM
I agree that DD don't belong here., but nonetheless
I love DD, this band pretty much got me into heavier stuff when I got a free cd with a pair of jeans that i bought (random i know haha) when i was younger. It had a DD song that i loved so they are kind of a gateway.

Their newer stuff is great. Clouds over california pwns.

Im seeing them in feb at soundwave. can't wait.

las7
11-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Clouds over California video is so gay thought; these guys need some general direction when making a music video they havent had a decent one yet.

punk_metal
11-28-2008, 04:46 AM
Yeah it was a bit strange at times, but I heard that the little blonde kid singer is the lead singers son.

sk8ordie97
02-05-2009, 02:49 AM
why is this in the hardcore forum?
its metal...

mudswitch
09-07-2009, 09:39 PM
I've just started listening to DeviDriver and they are awesome. Im keen to see them, Lamb of God and Shadows Fall in December. I've been able to get The Last Kind Words and Pray For Villains. Is the Fury of our Maker's hand album any good?

lambofgodowns
09-08-2009, 01:32 AM
I've just started listening to DeviDriver and they are awesome. Im keen to see them, Lamb of God and Shadows Fall in December. I've been able to get The Last Kind Words and Pray For Villains. Is the Fury of our Maker's hand album any good?

The Fury of Our Maker's Hand is an absolute masterpiece. the entrie thing is incredible

las7
09-08-2009, 02:51 PM
I'd say its my favorite album from DD

Tymaster310
11-09-2009, 11:52 AM
They're increadible live. One of the best show's I've been too

ron666
08-22-2011, 10:23 PM
I just only very recently got into DevilDriver. I have only heard one CD of their's--Pray For Villains. I think it is awesome. My fave song is Back With a Vengeance. What are other people's faves from this particular album??

ron666 :devil: