Castilla (mystery guitar)

PDA

View Full Version : Castilla (mystery guitar)

tydizzle08
08-21-2005, 10:16 PM
I just bought an Acoustic guitar and the Name of it is "Castilla," its in great shape for how old it supposidly is i bought it for $50 and its made of good solid wood. alot better then some others. i googled it in many different ways and nothing came up. just wandering if any1 knows of its origin and price maybe?-if you know please reply!

funkehsocks
08-23-2005, 08:09 PM
Uhm...how about more details lol. Like whats it say on the inside of the guitar? Whats it say on the neck...how big/wide is it? A picture might help too.
I googled it and is it made out of plywood? I found this site..
http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Castilla/Stratocaster-1.html

weezr
08-23-2005, 11:00 PM
hmm strange indeed

tydizzle08
08-23-2005, 11:35 PM
the top is definately hardwood, and the sides sound and feel as if they are also bit are painted dark so i cannot see the grain. and its the shape of a classical but its steel string. no title on the head but inside there is circular paper glued in that says "CASTILLA" and then it says 16/200 like its the sixteenth of the whole group made or something, i appreciate ur helping but i bought it from a wierd man at the flea market. ill post a pic in a few days im on vaca at the beach and i am using the hotels computer presently.

tydizzle08
08-23-2005, 11:40 PM
i think the shape is grand concierto but there are only 12 frets leading to the body then it stops at the base of the body and the neck (where they meet) but then it ggoes on from there 2 or 4 more... so one of the conciertos either 12 fret or 14 fret! ug im trying to remember more. it plays well though for how old it is and keep in mind this is a acoustic guitar. thanx for searching

tydizzle08
08-25-2005, 06:12 PM
how do you post pictures?

Zeus2716
08-28-2005, 02:06 PM
load the image onto your compute, on the 'post reply' click 'attach image' and hit 'browse' upload the pic

AcousticSlayer
04-20-2008, 01:11 PM
I have recently aquired a 12-string Castilla from a garage sale. Bought it for $55 dollars. Anyone have any idea of the worth? I'll upload a picture.