J&d Guitars

PDA

View Full Version : J&d Guitars

rainbow_rising
08-22-2005, 08:25 AM
I was in a muisic store resently and there i found a bunch of nice looking guitars that might be the best gibson copy ive ever seen in my life.J&D GUITARS.They were les pauls and sgs by the way.

So my question is has anyone played them or maybe even owned one?If yes how did it sound?

P.s The dude in the store told me that gibson sells those guitars to J&D and then j&d sell them much cheaper.The price for a les paul custom gibson(gliter) type was about 350-400$

nOtReGiStErEd
08-22-2005, 08:27 AM
I've never heard of J&D, but the "dude in the store" was lying. MOst likely that those guitars are made in a korean or chinese factory, OEM, then shipped to the company that orders them, who distribute them to stores.

rainbow_rising
08-22-2005, 08:43 AM
http://www.jandd-guitars.com/jd-lcb.htm

have a look the body if the same as a giby (i think)

JorisBlack
08-22-2005, 09:07 AM
Gibson doesn't sell their guitars to other companies, i'm pretty confident.
I own an acoustic J&D (DG-3S). It was my first guitar, and believe it or not, it is actually not bad at all! It's got a solid spruce top and laminated mahogany back+sides. The sound is good enough for my acoustic needs.
About their electrics : I'm not sure about the pickups being decent. And another thing : are they solid-body guitars? sso nothing laminate?
If you haven't got a lot of cash, they are quite nice.

TedZilla
08-22-2005, 09:20 AM
Looks like a case of "You get what you pay for", and from the looks of it, not alot. Like alot of companies selling cheap knock offs they seem to have gone for looks over playability and quality.

The fact that most of the guitars are bolt on worries me, because an LP was made to have a set neck. Strange as well that most of the semi-acoustic models have bolt on necks as well. I don't have anything against this type of construction but when somethings built to imitate another it must be able to imitate it very well.

The wood, its going to be low grade but its odd they don't specify whether the guitar is mahogany or alder, it sounds a little bit lucky dip. "Ooo, you picked a mahogany one".
As well as this the tuners and hardware will be cheap and aparently they are "Cold" coloured.

I wouldn't buy it, judging from just looking at that page.
But, I don't know how it plays and feels, something which is down to you.
Your choice at the end of the day.

Also, it will have no resale value whats so ever.

rainbow_rising
08-22-2005, 03:38 PM
THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT^
P.s thst dude in the store tod me that his lp was better than my epi standart plus! damn bastard got me worried!!

codybcool
08-22-2005, 03:58 PM
His LP probably is better than your epi. And this 'dude' telling you that Gibson sells their guitars to this company is a very bad sales tactic and if true would be completely stupid as people would realise that these guitars are really Gibsons and just buy them instead. Not really rocket science

ooba_farz
08-22-2005, 04:15 PM
they look like realy good copys but the thing about gibson selling them 2 j&d sounds like total 100% bull****. i myself think that after trying a lot of gibson copys that the closest u'll get to gibson would b epiphone. but i've never tried out j&d, so jus try them out and see if they're any gd.