Restring a Squier Strat

PDA

View Full Version : Restring a Squier Strat

Slow_N_Low
09-03-2005, 04:44 PM
I need help with this. First I need to know how to remove the strings. I know to string it up from the back, but how do the strings get locked in place?

hckfrk38
09-03-2005, 04:48 PM
I can tell you're a noobie, well, I was once too. The first thing is to cut the strings to remove it, or un-tune. Then put the strings through the Tremelo cover and then to the nuts. After you tun eit, the tension will hold it in place.

Slow_N_Low
09-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by hckfrk38
I can tell you're a noobie, well, I was once too. The first thing is to cut the strings to remove it, or un-tune. Then put the strings through the Tremelo cover and then to the nuts. After you tun eit, the tension will hold it in place.

When I cut them, how do I remove the nubs from the bridge?

hckfrk38
09-03-2005, 05:01 PM
they automatically fall out

Stinging_Acid
09-03-2005, 05:37 PM
Mine were stuck the first time, I had to just pushed them out. And if you have a little pointy object, that helps push it out too.

jj1565
09-03-2005, 06:05 PM
this is probably too late but...

unless u know how to set up ur guitar, dont take all the strings off at one time. instead swap out one string at a time.

dont snap a string under full tension. that can really hurt. instead loosen the string first. u can even take it off the peg. then snap off the curled end so u can pull it carefully thru the bridge and out the back.

here is a link. a good way to string a guitar.

http://www.elixirstrings.com/products/howtostring_electricstandard.html

JamesGJFX
09-03-2005, 06:28 PM
Oh God , I've been contemplating wether I should change the strings on my squier ( I'm a noob guitarist , bout 9 months ) but It looks so damn hard to do. Yes I know your laughing by now or calling me an fing tw@t but the only thing stopping me is measuring the string up so you don't end up cutting it short.

:bonk:

jj1565
09-03-2005, 07:32 PM
no ones laughing, everyone started in the same place. ur not going to measure it and snip the wire. what u want to do is click the link i just posted ^
and follow those simple instructions.

hckfrk38
09-03-2005, 07:36 PM
I'm 8 months into playing and I always break strings. I now know how to string a Les Paul and a Strat. I started buying all these strings and experimenting with my strat and my friend's Les Paul. And took me atleast 2 weeks to figure out how to string a guitar perfectly.

If you don't do gigs, you don't have to change your strings. I do some gigs and practice alot. So right before a gig, I replace my old strings with a new pack.