Good Stoner Music?

PDA

View Full Version : Good Stoner Music?

Pages : [1] 2

MadMetalManiac
09-20-2005, 05:13 PM
What are some good songs to listen to when you're stoned?(trippy, psychedelic, 60's,70's would be great)

Please name band and song.

Something like "Sunshine of your Love" by Cream or In a gadda da vidda by Iron Butterfly.:rasta:

Metal-X
09-20-2005, 05:15 PM
Rob zombie or some Gorillaz

Maybe some War

newyorkdolls138
09-20-2005, 05:15 PM
I don't like you.
Jimi Hendrix.

Bmm386
09-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Anything by cream

Metal-X
09-20-2005, 05:16 PM
.....? who

MadMetalManiac
09-20-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by newyorkdolls138
I don't like you.
Jimi Hendrix.

He Hates me (little conflict we had a while back), but yeah purple haze is great by Hendrix.:rasta:

hirodotsu
09-20-2005, 05:19 PM
Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Phish, Mercury Program, Maserati, Mars Volta. Those are a few. Just listen to albums by each, I recommend Radiohead - Hail to the Thief. Pink Floyd - Animals. Phish - A Picture of Nectar. Mercury Program - A Data Learn the Language. Maserati - The Language of Cities. And either Mars Volta cd

newyorkdolls138
09-20-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Metal-X
.....? who

Mad metal.

las7
Massive Attack ,PortisHead ,Tricky ..there is a reason its called Trip-hop

Incubus_SCIENCE
CYPRESS HILL
:rasta:

MadMetalManiac
09-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Please name the songs and bands.

slash_cobain
09-20-2005, 05:22 PM
greatful dead

Metal-X
09-20-2005, 05:23 PM
You shouldn't listen to just a song. If your stoned, you should listen to the whole album and get a feel for the band, that is the best way to enjoy it

napalm_monkey
09-20-2005, 05:24 PM
Sikth, trippy as ****. Realy weird blues music is fun to listen to and tech death.

hirodotsu
09-20-2005, 05:25 PM
You shouldn't listen to just a song. If your stoned, you should listen to the whole album and get a feel for the band, that is the best way to enjoy it

words to live by

Green_Fox
09-20-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by WyldeGibsonPlyr
Drugs are bad.

Just listen to whatever the fuck you want to.

civildp1
09-20-2005, 05:26 PM
Anything by Kyuss. But their self titled album (also known as Welcome to Sky Valley) is my favorite.

Alucard II
09-20-2005, 05:27 PM
Pink Floyd, especially Dark Side of The Moon
Ozric Tentacles is another great band to listen to while baked

MadMetalManiac
09-20-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Metal-X

Trying to make a kick ass stoner mix I have made one and it really kicks ass every song is great(Doors,Cream,Zeppelin,Iron Butterfly, Hendrix etc)really kicks ass want to make another one.
Don't really want to focus on just on one band.

bajeda
09-20-2005, 05:30 PM
Pretty much everything people said. Lots of classic rock, particularly Pink Floyd. Also Sublime is nice, Bob Marley, some rap is good for when you are tripped out.

Alot of the time when I am high I try to listen to music I usually don't listen to on a regular basis. That is interesting too.

Otherwise, you might want some trippier music. Try some goa or psytrance, such as Infected Mushroom, Shpongle, Astral Projection, Astrix, Space Safari, GMS, Hallucinogen, etc.

Get these songs and try listening to them high next time. I guarentee you won't be dissapointed.

Astral Projection - Aurora Borealis
Astral Projection - Mahadeva '99
Infected Mushroom - Dancing With Kadafi
Infected Mushroom - Area 51
Infected Mushroom Feat. GMS - Arabian Nights On Mescaline
Shpongle - Divine Moments of Truth

The Shpongle one is particularly good.

:cheers:

las7
09-20-2005, 05:31 PM
APhex Twin....... nuth said

The Book
the doors are good too. Strange Days is classified as psychedelic, as is The Piper at the Gates of Dawn by Pink Floyd... try out See Emily Play.

misfits385
wesley willis

napalm_monkey
^^^ yer aphex twin is some trippy stuff

slinks
09-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Moe.
Sigur Ros
Grateful Dead
Phish
Sublime
Bob Marley (or any reggae really, try Bedouin Soundclash)
Pink Floyd (esp. "Piper at the Gates of Dawn")
The Doors

hirodotsu
09-20-2005, 05:37 PM
Some other fun bands are Galactic, Jack Johnson, and G. Love and Special Sauce.

dropin_biking
09-20-2005, 05:47 PM
Bufalo Soilder - Bob Marley

Cell_Drummer
09-20-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by MadMetalManiac
What are some good songs to listen to when you're stoned?(trippy, psychedelic, 60's,70's would be great)

Something like "Sunshine of your Love" by Cream or In a gadda da vidda by Iron Butterfly.:rasta:

dude, jimi hendrix, and eric clapton :D i'd know

MadMetalManiac
09-20-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by las7
APhex Twin....... nuth said

I checked it out and I heard the"milkman"(sample) man is that **** trippy he just says(in soft voice)"I whant some milk from the milkman please"or something like that (the guy in the cover even looks trippy). Not something I would play really loud on my car but it's still trippy.

crazydiamond73
09-20-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by hirodotsu
Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Phish, Mercury Program, Maserati, Mars Volta. Those are a few. Just listen to albums by each, I recommend Radiohead - Hail to the Thief. Pink Floyd - Animals. Phish - A Picture of Nectar. Mercury Program - A Data Learn the Language. Maserati - The Language of Cities. And either Mars Volta cd

i dont think animals would be the best floyd album for that. i recommend a saucerful of secrets, meddle, or relics (early floyd)

Angus76
09-20-2005, 06:12 PM
Crowbar is a good one.

MeztopiaII
09-20-2005, 06:13 PM
free bird

one great song to get stoned too go where the music takes you man

AIIIRRRRRRRR GUITAR

newyorkdolls138
09-20-2005, 06:14 PM
Jerry Lee Lewis, good for everything.

MadMetalManiac
09-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by bajeda
Pretty much everything people said. Lots of classic rock, particularly Pink Floyd. Also Sublime is nice, Bob Marley, some rap is good for when you are tripped out.

Alot of the time when I am high I try to listen to music I usually don't listen to on a regular basis. That is interesting too.

Otherwise, you might want some trippier music. Try some goa or psytrance, such as Infected Mushroom, Shpongle, Astral Projection, Astrix, Space Safari, GMS, Hallucinogen, etc.

Get these songs and try listening to them high next time. I guarentee you won't be dissapointed.

Astral Projection - Aurora Borealis
Astral Projection - Mahadeva '99
Infected Mushroom - Dancing With Kadafi
Infected Mushroom - Area 51
Infected Mushroom Feat. GMS - Arabian Nights On Mescaline
Shpongle - Divine Moments of Truth

The Shpongle one is particularly good.

That stuff is trippy just heard some samples.Wouldn't listen to really loud in my car tho', but good for earphones.

PurpleHazer
09-20-2005, 06:16 PM
Bob Marley of course.

farcry
09-20-2005, 06:19 PM
I think grateful dead and led zeppelin. led zeppelin's first album is the perfect album. listen to the whole thing.

MadMetalManiac
09-20-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by newyorkdolls138
Jerry Lee Lewis, good for everything.

Not trying to get on your good side but yeah
GREAT BALL's OF FIRE.

deadhead313313
09-20-2005, 06:29 PM
As a few people said, Grateful Dead would be good, but mainly their early stuff (the 60's, Anthem of the Sun for example). Pink Floyd would probably be good as well

ld zppln904
09-20-2005, 06:31 PM
black sabbath- snowblind
black sabbath- sweet leaf

priest.fan.
09-20-2005, 06:38 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flow.shtml

play this game while you are stoned. I gaurentee you you will have some fun times.

Slice N Dice
09-20-2005, 06:43 PM
Any Cypress Hill (I wanna get high)
I also enjoy liestening to nwa when im stoned.

balltounge
09-20-2005, 06:45 PM
Simon and Garfunkel
Mew
Tom Waits
Nick Drake
Bob dylan
The Beach Boys

All get a regular play when i get the mash mat out.

GeoffreySmis
09-20-2005, 06:48 PM
Led Zeppelin's Dazed and confused

MadMetalManiac
09-20-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by priest.fan.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flow.shtml

play this game while you are stoned. I gaurentee you you will have some fun times.

Great game, no point to it, but sure to trip you out.:cheers:

D-Fens
09-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Ugh, whenever someone says Pink Floyd is stoner music, that just turns me right the fuck off. To me, to say Floyd's music, music written with such utter brilliance and sophistication, is music for "stoners" and that it is "ultimate trip music" is very offending. Well, sure some music written by Floyd was written by someone who was on drugs himself, but come on. It's not all drug related. It is very deep and engulfing music that has mystery written right into it, and imo it should not be compared to a disgusting lifestyle choice

That_Pink_Queen
09-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Watch the wall movie by Pink Floyd, now that is trippy.

BigEyedFish
09-20-2005, 08:03 PM
adrian belew- nude wrestling with a christmas tree, return of the chicken
any les claypool(esp. oysterhead, flying frog brigade and of course, primus) the albums purple onion and pork soda in paticular
any tool, esp. disgustipated
everything else i can think of has been said

MarkTremonti
09-20-2005, 08:04 PM
Listen to the song Drugs are f***ing stupid by the People Who Died From Doing Them.

Oh yeah.. and the Immigrant song...

That_Pink_Queen
09-20-2005, 08:09 PM
^Pot cant kill you directly.

Of course it completedly ****s up your risk analysis so yeah.

Andrew Zara
09-20-2005, 08:12 PM
Led Zeppelin sounds ten times better in my opinion when I'm stoned.

Grazza_88
09-20-2005, 08:19 PM
I love to listen to bands such as Tool, A Perfect Circle, NIN and some techno like The Crystal Method, Schpungle and the Prodigy. In particulat third eye, lateralus, anema and schism all by tool are awesome to trip out to and there are also some great NIN songs out there. I have had some of the best trips ever just lying on my ass for hours listening to music it takes me to a whole new place i love it. now go forth and smoke more cones.

bleed_the_freak
09-20-2005, 08:34 PM
pretty much anything by alice in chains off the album dirt

bajeda
09-20-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by D-Fens
Ugh, whenever someone says Pink Floyd is stoner music, that just turns me right the fuck off. To me, to say Floyd's music, music written with such utter brilliance and sophistication, is music for "stoners" and that it is "ultimate trip music" is very offending. Well, sure some music written by Floyd was written by someone who was on drugs himself, but come on. It's not all drug related. It is very deep and engulfing music that has mystery written right into it, and imo it should not be compared to a disgusting lifestyle choice

Go fuck yourself.

No one is saying Pink Floyd songs are made for people stoned. They just happen to be very cool sounding and pleasant to people who are stoned, and the effect is different from listening to them sober.

I have over 140 songs by Pink Floyod in my library. I have listened to them all countless times, both stoned and sober. Its good ****ing music. And I dont give a **** what state im in while im listening to it. Drunk, stoned, falling asleep, wide awake, whatever. Its all good.

Stop posting stupid shit just because you hate people who smoke pot.

drevil814
09-20-2005, 08:47 PM
Queens of the Stone Age - the whole R album.

Mr. Kashmir
09-20-2005, 08:49 PM
Queens of the Stone Age - R

EDIT: damn you drevil! we posted at about the same time, didn't see your post, I knew you were eventually gonna come in here and say a QOTSA album, it's only in your avatar and your sig

HopePoisoned
09-20-2005, 08:58 PM
all Prog like Porcupine Tree, Camel, Floyd, into stuff like the Kinks, Beatles, etc. etc. all the bands that smoked weed themselves

like the Doors and so on and so on

That_Pink_Queen
09-20-2005, 09:04 PM
Its also good to listen to bob dylan because the lyrics are so confusing even when youre not stoned youre like wtf...? So when you are stones you like WHAT THE FOOKING HELL!???!?!

And thats a good thing.

Anachronism
09-20-2005, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by civildp1
Anything by Kyuss. But their self titled album (also known as Welcome to Sky Valley) is my favorite.

Blues for the Red Sun is a wicked album too.

I'd also like to suggest Acid King, Super Heavy Goat Ass, Sunn((O, Gate 9, Witchfinder General and the Desert Sessions for balls out rock, and !!! and Primal Scream for trippy dance. Aphex Twin would be a bit freaky for me I think.

thewailer3
09-20-2005, 11:58 PM
pretty much all steel pulse
pretty much all sublime
pretty much all jack johnson
pretty much all elliott smith
pretty much all gorillaz
all dane cook( you'll laugh your ass off)
and free bird

Shoestick
09-21-2005, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by civildp1

:cheers: And Blues for the red Sun

Other stoner music:

Blue Cheer- First two albums (Vincebus Eruptum, New!Improved!)

and, the most unbelievably stoner song in the entire world:

Birds of Fire- The Mahavishnu Orchestra (Thats the song and the album name. The album is good, but the song is, without a doubt, the greatest stoner song ever. Just put the volume up super loud and it becomes five minutes of pure ecstacy)

LochieW
09-21-2005, 12:30 AM
The Stooges and Iggy Pop.

drevil814
09-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Queens of the Stone Age - R

EDIT: damn you drevil! we posted at about the same time, didn't see your post, I knew you were eventually gonna come in here and say a QOTSA album, it's only in your avatar and your sig
You know me all too well.

las7
09-21-2005, 04:22 PM
I checked it out and I heard the"milkman"(sample) man is that **** trippy he just says(in soft voice)"I whant some milk from the milkman please"or something like that (the guy in the cover even looks trippy). Not something I would play really loud on my car but it's still trippy.
The guy is one fuc*ing insane musican ....Some of the most uncommercial music out there and yet there are alot of really beautifull peaces which are fuc*ing classics in Electronic music. Also most videos which he makes are crazy as hell

DeSean
09-21-2005, 05:05 PM
Pink Floyd, John Lennon, Led Zeppelin, Bob Marley, and Drum n Bass music.

gmsje
09-21-2005, 05:05 PM
An interesting way to do it might be to go somewhat by year and see the progression of the music. Start with the Beatles album Revolver, especially the songs I'm Only Sleeping, She Said - She Said, Tomorrow Never Knows; Sgt Pepper's album, especially High With a Little Help From My Friends, Fixin' A Hole, A Day in the Life; Magical Mystery Tour album, especially Flying, Blue Jay Way, I Am a Walrus, Strawberry Fields Forever; The White Album, especially Dear Prudence, Cry Baby Cry.
From the Stones - Her Satanic Majesties Present album, especially Ruby Tuesday (hope I'm right about that being on that album), and on an early Stones album, 19th Nervous Breakdown. From the Jefferson Airplane - forget which exact albums - Somebody to Love; White Rabbit. From the Doors, Strange Days album, especially the title song. From Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced album, Manic Depression, Love or Confusion, I Don't Live Today, Third Stone from the Sun (the gem of this list for the category you specified), Are You Experienced? From Jimi's Electric Ladyland album - especially And The Gods Made Love, Have You Ever Been, Crosstown Traffic, Rainy Day - Dream Away, 1983, Moon, Turn The Tides; Jimi's Cry of Love album - Freedom, Drifting, Ezy Ryder, Night Bird Flying, Straight Ahead, Astro Man, Angel. The Who - forget the album, I Can See for Miles. From Steppenwolf - forget the album, Born to Be Wild, Magic Carpet Ride. There are also alot of cool one hit wonder songs from the 60's like The Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense and Peppermints; The Chambers Brothers - Time Has Come Today; The Sopwith Camel - Hello, Hello;The Seeds - You're Pushing Too Hard; The Human Beinz - Nobody But Me; The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine; Small Faces - Itchykoo Park; Music Machine - Talk, Talk; Question Mark & the Mysterians - 96 Tears; The Electric Prunes - I Had Too Much to Dream Last Night; Count Five - Psychotic Reaction; Merrilee Rush - Angel in the Morning; The Cowsills - The Rain, the Park & Other Things; Keith - 98.6; Edwin Starr - War; Arthur Brown - Fire; Barry McGuire - Eve of Destruction; Thunderclap Newman - Somthing in the Air; Spirit - I Got a Line a on You; Blue Cheer - Summertime Blues (which you can compare to The Who's version on Live at Leeds); Vanilla Fudge - You Keep Me Hangin' on; Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky; The Amboy Dukes - Journey to the Center of your Mind.

Of the one hit wonder stuff, remember it's early 60's stuff so the instrumentation may sound crude by today's standards, but those are all great songs that helped build up the psychedelic era. You might think some of those are psychedelia light. Enjoy!

33% God
09-21-2005, 05:09 PM
a band called Cynic

bassmo_part2
09-21-2005, 05:50 PM
www.stonerrock.com

Duhhhh

Mantiscabinet
09-21-2005, 06:02 PM
stone roses, any album

The Lost Within
09-21-2005, 06:04 PM
when im really fucckin faded, i listen to any sublime, santana, marley, hendrix, and the one beatle's song uhhh yeah its "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" that song is gnarly to listen to after a fat sesh.

gmsje
09-21-2005, 11:21 PM
Man, how did I forget Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds? Uh, short term memory lapse...
(hee, hee).

JFrusciante
09-21-2005, 11:35 PM
bob marley is great when stoned. pink floyd is also good... but generally, most reggae.

Assassin_Itachi
09-22-2005, 12:58 AM
definately Pink Floyd. i mean just listen to Any Colour You Like, it totally sounds like an acid trip to me.

jewishosama
09-22-2005, 01:05 AM
jam with some blues dude

Anachronism
09-22-2005, 09:51 AM
www.stonerrock.com

Duhhhh

Best website around, I spend so much time on there, mainly on the mp3s section.

pantera-nat124
09-22-2005, 10:39 AM
Emperor is great music when you're high and abhorrence.

mud
09-22-2005, 10:57 AM

Okay, I'd like to open by saying that I'm not going to enter a debate with you, because you seem very grounded in your opinion that smoking marijuana is a 'disgusting lifestyle choice', so trying to argue against that is going to hijack the thread I imagine. However, I will say that no-one's really saying Pink Floyd is 'stoner music' - you're absolutely right, of course, it's well written and sophisticated music that the most sober person in the world could enjoy if they had taste, but that doesn't mean to say that the music could not enhance a trip that someone was on if they listened to it. It's not a slur on the music at all, it's a choice by that person to further their enjoyment of the music. Frankly it's nothing to do with you, no matter how much of a 'Floydian' you are.

I was going to post Phish in this thread before your post caught my eye. Phish, if you'e unfamiliar with them, have produced some of the most complex music that the past two and a half decades have had to offer. I only get stoned very very infrequently and enjoy Phish a great deal when I'm not stoned, but I can accept that the band are very tied in with the culture of marijuana smoking. If you want your music to be completely disassociated from drug-taking, I suggest you head on down to your local record shop and buy Britney's latest record, because otherwise you are fighting a losing battle.

MadMetalManiac
09-22-2005, 04:23 PM
An interesting way to do it might be to go somewhat by year and see the progression of the music. Start with the Beatles album Revolver, especially the songs I'm Only Sleeping, She Said - She Said, Tomorrow Never Knows; Sgt Pepper's album, especially High With a Little Help From My Friends, Fixin' A Hole, A Day in the Life; Magical Mystery Tour album, especially Flying, Blue Jay Way, I Am a Walrus, Strawberry Fields Forever; The White Album, especially Dear Prudence, Cry Baby Cry.
From the Stones - Her Satanic Majesties Present album, especially Ruby Tuesday (hope I'm right about that being on that album), and on an early Stones album, 19th Nervous Breakdown. From the Jefferson Airplane - forget which exact albums - Somebody to Love; White Rabbit. From the Doors, Strange Days album, especially the title song. From Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced album, Manic Depression, Love or Confusion, I Don't Live Today, Third Stone from the Sun (the gem of this list for the category you specified), Are You Experienced? From Jimi's Electric Ladyland album - especially And The Gods Made Love, Have You Ever Been, Crosstown Traffic, Rainy Day - Dream Away, 1983, Moon, Turn The Tides; Jimi's Cry of Love album - Freedom, Drifting, Ezy Ryder, Night Bird Flying, Straight Ahead, Astro Man, Angel. The Who - forget the album, I Can See for Miles. From Steppenwolf - forget the album, Born to Be Wild, Magic Carpet Ride. There are also alot of cool one hit wonder songs from the 60's like The Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense and Peppermints; The Chambers Brothers - Time Has Come Today; The Sopwith Camel - Hello, Hello;The Seeds - You're Pushing Too Hard; The Human Beinz - Nobody But Me; The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine; Small Faces - Itchykoo Park; Music Machine - Talk, Talk; Question Mark & the Mysterians - 96 Tears; The Electric Prunes - I Had Too Much to Dream Last Night; Count Five - Psychotic Reaction; Merrilee Rush - Angel in the Morning; The Cowsills - The Rain, the Park & Other Things; Keith - 98.6; Edwin Starr - War; Arthur Brown - Fire; Barry McGuire - Eve of Destruction; Thunderclap Newman - Somthing in the Air; Spirit - I Got a Line a on You; Blue Cheer - Summertime Blues (which you can compare to The Who's version on Live at Leeds); Vanilla Fudge - You Keep Me Hangin' on; Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky; The Amboy Dukes - Journey to the Center of your Mind.

Of the one hit wonder stuff, remember it's early 60's stuff so the instrumentation may sound crude by today's standards, but those are all great songs that helped build up the psychedelic era. You might think some of those are psychedelia light. Enjoy!

Thanks man you got incense and peppermints in your list(its in my old mix) so you must know your stuff and for the crude sound I really don't mind it (it's good music and that's all that matters). :cheers:

Froddy
09-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Audiobullys aren't the best music from what I've heard, but I've been told they're like proper woaaahhhh when you're stoned.

HelpImARock
09-22-2005, 04:53 PM
Cypress Hill rocks for weed.

For Mushrooms, I recommend some Meditation music. It's mostly nature sounds and light drumming, but it brings on an intense rush and feeling of calm... I can't really explain.

gmsje
09-22-2005, 05:00 PM
Thanks man you got incense and peppermints in your list(its in my old mix) so you must know your stuff and for the crude sound I really don't mind it (it's good music and that's all that matters). :cheers:

Thanks man, I'd like to think I know my stuff. I also neglected to mention the Cream Disraeli Gears album, Strange Brew, World of Pain, We're Going Wrong. Probably forgot a lot of stuff I could have added. Hard to find some of the one hit wonders now. What I meant by the crude sound really refers to some of the engineering and the equipment, which is not what is available by today's standards. Maybe sparse is a better word. I love all those songs.

slinks
09-22-2005, 05:12 PM
There's a little known prog band called Gentle Giant that I'd imagine would be great to listen to stoned. Just get the album "In a Glass House".

gmsje
09-22-2005, 05:58 PM
Re: The organic stimulants argument. Salvador Dali (20th Century Spanish Surrealist Painter) was once asked if he did drugs, and he answered, "I am drugs."

MadMetalManiac
09-22-2005, 07:18 PM
Jimi Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower :bonk:

kbass9267
09-22-2005, 07:29 PM
Greatful Dead- Truckin, the golden road,
Sublime- Badfish, anything slow by them.

FRED O
09-22-2005, 09:05 PM
strawberry fields the beatles

MadMetalManiac
09-22-2005, 11:46 PM
Thanx :golfclap: (nobody mentioned The Animals tho') :cool:

gmsje
09-22-2005, 11:57 PM
Okay. Don't Bring Me Down - The Animals. Also, Spill the Wine - Eric Burdon and War.

trickie
09-23-2005, 03:57 AM
Anything trip-hop like Morcheeba.

Also anyone notice that a song lasts for like an eternity while your stoned its crazy? Ive played a song and sat there and it felt like i recapped my entire life and that same song is still playing when im done, crazy.

slashtobe
09-23-2005, 04:22 AM
Whatever you like usually, you'll think is the ****in nuts when you're stoned.

jewishosama
09-23-2005, 11:13 AM
^true this is

seljer
09-23-2005, 11:21 AM
Pink Floyd (the stuff before DSotM and WYWH is my preference)

Queens of the Stone Age (and I need to get my hands on some Kyuss)

Porcupine Tree (again, the slightly older stuff when they were more psychedelic rock like)

Sublime

Easy Star All Stars - Dub Side of the Moon ( http://www.easystar.com/dubsidemain.html this is possibly the best album every created)

less bluesy, more trippy Led Zeppelin songs (No Quarter, Dazed and Confused....)

Sonic Youth

edit:
wait I forgot the entire album Black Sabbath - Master of Reality, Paranoid isn't too bad either

x_themetalfan_x
09-23-2005, 11:48 AM
Black Sabbath - Fairies Wear Boots (Jack the Stripper)

It's great (or so I've heard, I'm not a stoner myself).

Jarrett Moore
09-24-2005, 08:45 PM
for a great stoner album you gotta get:
1. all along the watchtower- jimi hendrix
2. voodoo child- jimi hendrix
3. white room- cream
4. tales of brave ulysses-cream
6. dazed and confused-led zeppelin
7. hearful of soul- yardbirds
8. machine gun- jimi hendrix
9. izabella- hendrix
10. war heroes -hendrix(only half an hour, its an album)
12. cocaine- eric clapton
13. jammin'- bob marley
14. the magicians birthday- uriah heep
15. look at yourself- uriah heep

that should be enough to get you started

freewheelinbird
09-24-2005, 08:51 PM
.....? who

if that was about cream...

YOU MUST BE KIDDING

but for astoner mix:

rainy day, dream away- hendrix
do what you like- blind faith (best drum solo ever)
anji- simon and garfunkel
red house hendrix
its alright ma, im only bleedin- bob dylan
dreams- allman brothers
dreaming- cream
one too many mornings-bob dylan
sleepy time time- cream

thats just a start. the bob dylan stuff isnt really "trippy" but man its so mellow-ing.

.N30C0N.
09-24-2005, 08:55 PM
Sweet leaf- Black Sabbath, Cocain- Zz Top, Anything Hendrix. The whole album of Welcome to my nightmare- Alice cooper

Chak
09-24-2005, 08:58 PM
Mark Lanegan- Bubblegum (The Whole Album)
Alice in Chains- S/T, Jar of Flies

oblique
09-24-2005, 09:03 PM
I agree with whoever said Dark Side of the Moon. I'd imagine that Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden would be good too.

IlIk2plygUItAr
09-24-2005, 09:31 PM
Californication

any14doomsday
09-28-2005, 08:39 AM
I dont know how old this thread is but i got a few recomendations:

Electric Wizard
...anything involving Josh Homme
Primus
Pink Floyd
Pelacin
Nebula
Mark Lannegan/Screaming trees
Isis
Godspeed you black Emporer
High on fire
Fu Manchu
Sleep
Earth...

Hell its probobly been mentoined already but www.StonerRock.com
also If you ever see Any14doomsday on there thats me so say hello

bass_gurl101
09-28-2005, 03:26 PM
Rob Zombie, Grateful Dead, Cypress Hill **** like that :)

Cone 21
10-01-2005, 11:05 PM
anything by primus

lespaulsj
10-23-2005, 01:42 PM
burn the witch by qotsa :satan:

Omerta
10-23-2005, 02:45 PM
Anything by The <ars Volta or some System of a Down stuff. Peephole!

MyLittleRedBox
10-23-2005, 02:52 PM
the best thing to do, while high...is to play your instrument

either you are great.....or very very bad....

my guitarist was amazing, but my rythm and i (the drummer) were horrible

i was faster, but i had no rythm

madefortvmovie
10-23-2005, 03:15 PM
incubus - aqueous transmission

StratEnRegalia
10-23-2005, 03:34 PM
Cyrpus Hill?no.

Pink Floyd. Early stuff works best. Especially"Piper." Greatest psychedelic album ever.
Cream, Hendrix, Zeppelin, Beatles, Doors, etc. stuff. Give the album Revolver a good shot.

Find some old songs like "Incense and Peppermints." Those do good, very good.
Yardbirds, Jeff Beck, Blind Faith, Deep Purple, and the Allman Bros do nice as well.

As for other genres: Black Sabbath, Primus, and Mars Volta sound lovely stoned. But don't listen to Volta in the dark. It gives you nightmares. Unless it's slow, alot of metal isn't good stuff to light up to.

Prog: King Crimson, Yes ("I get up, I get down"), Floyd, ELP, Uriah Heep, Traffic, Jethro Tull, Genesis, etc. Gentle Giant is great, too.

Try some jazz fusion. Someone said "Birds of Fire." Trust me, go for it. John McLauglin and Al Di Meola have some good stuff. Try "Alien Chase On Arabian Desert" by Di Meola. Sounds cool. And of couse, Zappa. Early stuff like Freak Out! is good. Some of the comedy stuff is nice aswell. Give "Titties & Beer" a listen.

I'd also like to see what Kind of Blue and Bitches Brew by Miles Davis sound like. Hmm?

Someone also told be there's this CD, that if you play while sitting in between 4 CD players playing it, will cause some serious awesomeness. The kid said it also should not be listened to in the car, as in "Warning" type stuff. Anyone know what that CD is?

seljer
10-23-2005, 03:36 PM
^

Too add to the jazz stuff:
Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Inner Mounting Flame

StratEnRegalia
10-23-2005, 03:41 PM
That is an awesome CD, but "A Lotus On Irish Streams" kinda take me out of it when stoned. That's why I think "Birds Of Fire" is a better choice. But seriously, someone should try to listen to Miles and tell me. Thelonious might sound cool, too.

CptMorgan
10-23-2005, 03:43 PM
Grab your guitar and make your own itll be much more fun

dont abandon me
10-23-2005, 05:23 PM
anything by sublime

crystal_pistol
10-23-2005, 06:47 PM
marijuana in your brain - system of a down. atleast thats what i think it's called. oh and blueberry yum yum by ludacris...wonderful song.

IROBOTInferno
10-23-2005, 07:37 PM
A little bit of Yes is good like tales form the topiographic oceans.

Rone4611
10-23-2005, 07:39 PM
lisetn to DMB or maybe some butthole surfers ... "friend with weed" ect.

Smitherz
10-23-2005, 08:20 PM
pink fucking floyd.

red_dog22
10-24-2005, 01:43 AM
primus. listening to frizzle fry when you are stoned is the equivalent to having vin diesel masturbate on your face (and i mean that in a good way)

crazee201
10-24-2005, 03:41 AM
korn, nirvana, ozzy ozbourne,

MyLittleRedBox
10-26-2005, 07:27 PM
almost any guitar oriented song...

fr0zt
10-26-2005, 07:41 PM
Pink Floyd - Animals. Phish - A Picture of Nectar.

HumanitysDeath
10-26-2005, 07:44 PM
I'd say a lot of Tool songs would be good to listen will messed up on something. There are a lot of songs I'd like to hear after getting high. Shame I refuse to smoke pot...

Duff_McGee
10-30-2005, 01:17 PM
Anything by Skull, Inc.

Pilf003
10-30-2005, 01:55 PM
good stoner music are death metal bands like Korn and Disturbed . . . they rock! alright!

any14doomsday
10-30-2005, 04:08 PM
Colma by Buckethead Is friggin great

jamminbass
10-30-2005, 04:52 PM
REGGAE motherfudger

jamminbass
10-30-2005, 04:53 PM
good stoner music are death metal bands like Korn and Disturbed . . . they rock! alright!
I was thinking of sigging this...

SPEED_KING
10-30-2005, 09:41 PM
The doors

Duff_McGee
11-01-2005, 10:39 PM

:haha :haha

m3e6oHocK
11-01-2005, 11:00 PM
just ****ing watch aqua teen hunger force

any14doomsday
11-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Yeah aquateen is ****ing great too, BONGZILLA and Weedeater are good bands

flyingjew34
11-02-2005, 12:06 AM
anything really, really slow is cool when your baked

jamminbass
11-02-2005, 12:17 AM
K yeah Im sigging it

gzr
11-02-2005, 06:38 PM
how about sweet leaf, or just about any sabbath song

earpoo
11-02-2005, 07:11 PM
The Brian Jonestown Massacre. They 60's phcycidellic rock throwback band that is amazing. The singer/writer Anton Newcombe in one crazy bastard but hes amazing. They're the best trippin music ever.

Also if you get into them, which you better! (They are my favorite band at the moment) than check out the movie "dig!"

928GTS
11-02-2005, 07:14 PM
Shoegazer Damnit! Go Listen To Some Shoegazer!

AcidBath443
11-02-2005, 07:42 PM
ELECTRIC WIZARD - gods of stoner metal (check out Dopethrone)

Also some good stoner bands are Kyuss, Bongzilla, The Doors (as many have said), and all the lighter Acid Bath songs (Dead Girl, Scream Of The Butterfly)

Lastly sometimes its fun to listen to heavy ass stuff like Nile.

any14doomsday
11-02-2005, 09:09 PM
ELECTRIC WIZARD **** YEA !!!!

some people like to go mellow when there stoned me personally, I like it Heavy ass hell.

311fan
11-02-2005, 10:03 PM
311, sublime, bob marley, progressive stuff like dream theater, and good death metal (not korn or disturbed) REAL death metal is ok to listen to sometimes. check out cephalic carnage, they have a song "kill for weed", or devourment, suture. they both have myspace's if you cant find anything else on them.

snoozer
11-02-2005, 10:22 PM
some incubus stuff.. i cant remember any song names... but Portishead songs can really trip ur balls off

dimebag7
11-24-2005, 11:41 AM
White zombie, rob zombie, jimi hendrix, pink floyd, aand LED ZEPPELIN

Powerhouse
11-24-2005, 11:49 AM
Drugs are bad, but if you insist on being a "stoner", I would recommend almost anything by Sublime.

zultone
11-24-2005, 11:53 AM
Bongzilla, Ufomammut, Fu Manchu, Orange Goblin, Eternal Elysium, Electric Wizard, Kyuss, High on Fire, Monster Magnet.

misfits385
11-24-2005, 12:08 PM
Listen to ween.

bajeda
12-21-2005, 12:53 AM
The Brian Jonestown Massacre. They 60's phcycidellic rock throwback band that is amazing. The singer/writer Anton Newcombe in one crazy bastard but hes amazing. They're the best trippin music ever.

Also if you get into them, which you better! (They are my favorite band at the moment) than check out the movie "dig!"

I actually just started listening to them a bit. They are definately trippy ****. I think the movie DIg! tries to make Anton Newcombe seem more like a really eccentric genius rather than the emotionally unbalanced crackhead he is, but he is pretty decent at making trippy music.

On a related note, Im going to go ahead and add The Velvet Underground to my previous list of "Music that is cool to listen to while stoned" (about page 2 or 3 in the thread). The Velvet Underground & Nico is amazing high or not, but it just hits the right tone with me when im blazed. Loaded is an amazing album as well.

kirkisking
12-21-2005, 01:06 AM
lol Steve Miller Band.

Aubin
12-21-2005, 05:35 AM
Eek-A-Mouse.
briliant

apc--ibanez
12-21-2005, 08:36 AM
steve miller band - the joker
cypress hill - hits from the bong
kyuss - demon cleaner
john butler trio- betterman, zebra
rage against the machine - how i could just kill a man
FORREST GUMP SOUNDTRACK!!!!

those are some of me and my friends fave songs to listen to when stoned

Butterknife
12-21-2005, 09:36 AM
alot of older incubus (science era stuff) is fantastic on weed, but then again, so is their not so old stuff. I was grooving to Less Than Jake the other night though, that was fun.

GoYaffa
12-21-2005, 09:51 AM
I always considered tool good stoner music :cool:

Peaceful Rocker
12-21-2005, 10:08 AM
Radiohead-The Bends (Listen to the entire album)
Jimi Hendrix..

dr_john
12-21-2005, 11:05 AM
the best stoned music is your favourite music. but things that really stand out for me are pink floyd 'the wall' or beatles 'white album'

TimiHendrix33
12-21-2005, 11:08 AM
Jimi Hendrix-Electric Ladyland
Pink Floyd-The Wall
Millencolin-Life on a Plate

jimmy388
12-21-2005, 11:29 AM
I can't believe nobody said Tom Petty.

DeSean
12-21-2005, 11:34 AM
Led Zeppelin is really good, and Pink Floyd and Cream. Red Hot Chili Peppers early stuff is one of my favourite at the minute, and Nirvana are pretty good. Also Drum and Bass tunes, like Aphex Twin are always good.

Harmonius
12-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Foo Fighters - As Low as You Go

pigger
12-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Drugs are bad.

Just listen to whatever the fuck you want to.

lol, exactly what i would of said hehe.

rockon004
12-21-2005, 12:40 PM
defintley sublime. excellent stuff.

bajeda
12-21-2005, 07:15 PM
steve miller band - the joker
cypress hill - hits from the bong
kyuss - demon cleaner
john butler trio- betterman, zebra
rage against the machine - how i could just kill a man
FORREST GUMP SOUNDTRACK!!!!

those are some of me and my friends fave songs to listen to when stoned

lol. sorry if im being offensive, but that is one of the worst playlists for getting high ever, besides the forrest gump soundtrack.

All music sounds good high of course, well it sounds good in general but I find it all sounds better high, but some types are better than others. then again, this is really an opinion topic and I just trashed your opinion. Sorry mate.

rock_on986
12-21-2005, 07:18 PM
I don't like you.
Jimi Hendrix.
most hendrix works

mogwai777
12-22-2005, 12:27 AM
Anything that builds, is repetitive, or just plain catchy. Hint:Listen to instrumental metal or metal with singing, not the metal with screaming.
suggestions: Sunn 0)))))), Earth, Pelican (particularily the older stuff), GY!BE, Sigur Ros, My Bloody Valentine, Phillip Glass, Brian Eno (both types), Shalabi Effect, Royskopp and M83. Well....those are some of my current favorites.

snoozer
12-22-2005, 12:29 AM
portishead...... incubus..... "mysterons" by Portishead will blow ur ass off if ur high

spitfirehicks
12-22-2005, 07:01 AM
prodigy, the jilted generation album. Theres three tracks made for when your stoned. They are called the narcotic suite

bajeda
12-22-2005, 12:50 PM
^^^^ those arent bad. 3 Kilos is awesome, but the other two are only ok.

for some reason I think of some pimped out guys rolling around in suburbans with ****loads of drugs whenever I hear that song. It makes great car music for cruising around.

drevil814
12-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Rated R - Queens fo the Stone Age

Dreadnought
12-22-2005, 01:00 PM
Gorillaz

any14doomsday
01-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Boris - Flood(album), it is the perfect thing to listen to when stoned, sadly the lyrics are Japanease but I kinda think it adds a bit.

Sleep - Dopesmoker(album/song), its the epic song EVERY stoner NEEDS to hear

Boris - Feedbacker

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum - Grand Opening and Closing(Album)

Hawkwind - Space Ritual

Isis - Oceanic

Mastodon - Laviathan

King Crimson

The Melvins

Radiohead

x japan - Art of Life, The Piano solo is one of the most rediculouse things ever.

Mike105
01-19-2006, 02:29 PM

There's loads! Alot of Vietnam music is good, as long as they have no reference to America in anyway... like..

Dont fear the reaper - Blue oyster cult <-- that's a good 1

kevhead
01-28-2006, 08:22 AM
orange goblin
the melvins
isis
viking skull
fu manchu

i guess you could state them as stoner rock

beau05
01-28-2006, 08:25 AM
Deep Purple, some of there tracks will make you spas out, killer sh*t

Pan-Tallica
01-28-2006, 10:31 AM
Anything with a lot of massive sliding in it. Sorta like...

Whole Lotta Love - Zepelin

All Along the Watchtower - Hendrix

Dazed and Confused - Zeppelin (MADE FOR STONERS)

trey-col89
01-28-2006, 10:31 AM
I agree one hundred percent. After Syd left in 1968, drugs were no longer present in their careers. Everything they've come up with after 1968, was not a product of drug use, just their own sheer brilliance... and I guess some alcohol too. But when I tell people to listen to Pink Floyd, and they say "I will the next time I'm high"... I just say, you know what, nevermind you just shouldn't listen to them at all. I've listened to them high and I've listened to them sober, and let me tell you... its MUCH more gratifying listening to them sober.

Izz
01-28-2006, 10:34 AM
Mr Brownstone and Bad Obsession by Gn'R:P

donender
01-28-2006, 11:13 AM
yes, man!

also anything by fu manchu, some good **** there, and try some freestyle jazz.

metallikatt
01-28-2006, 11:17 AM
pink floyd, marley, peter tosh, random ****

pinheadslts75
01-28-2006, 11:52 AM
Blac Flag's In My Head album. Trippy post-hardcore jazz rock.

soul_rocker
01-28-2006, 12:26 PM
well there's the "Stoner Rock" phenomenon.... Queens of the Stone Age, Kyuss, Comets on Fire, Desert Sessions...etc.

uuhi
01-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Tangerine Dream - their older stuff is amazing when high
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned them, they're an electronic type of band.

meh!
01-28-2006, 03:27 PM
Phish

Leafs_fan_37
01-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Incubus, Pink Floyd, Radiohead are my favourites when I'm baked.

Manzo
01-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Tangerine Dream - their older stuff is amazing when high
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned them, they're an electronic type of band.

My dad once freaked out a guy when he played a Tangarine Dream album.

Jarrett Moore
01-29-2006, 10:28 PM
this threads been going for a fair amount of time. The doors are pretty good. "Celebration of the Lizard King" is a very good high, or not high song. When you go insane thats what you hear.

Pilf003
01-30-2006, 01:06 AM
i like this one Pink Floid song called "We dont need no education"

its the best stoner rock song! ... IMO

frying nemo08
01-30-2006, 10:07 AM
i enjoy punk when im drunk, but MF Doom when im high.

ratbollocks
01-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Black sabbath - Faries wear boots, FX, Snowblind, Sweet leaf, Sleeping village, ....
Hawkind - Children of the sun, assasins of allah, ...pretty much evey song
Jimi Hendrix - Every song
Leafhound - Every thing of Growers Of Mushroom album.
Jeferson Airplane - Magic carpet ride, White Rabbit, ...
Grateful dead - all of it.

Jarrett Moore
01-31-2006, 09:20 PM
Magic carpet ride is done by steppenwolf

Gardenia
02-15-2006, 03:21 PM
drugs are really bad! du wirst die konsequenzen früher ider später mehr spüren als du erwartest hättest! so hear stoner rock like kyuss or queens or something else, thats enough witout any
s h i t!

liesofautumn
02-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Clutch's self titled CD is great but namely Big News part 1 & 2, Escape From The Prison Planet, and Tight Like That(I think thats what the song is called). Also, Tool is great, namely the Aenima album.

ded-zep
03-04-2006, 05:15 AM

definately jurassic 5

hardrock1315
03-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Some good bands to listen to (I'm listing the best songs, but any songs by these bands are good):

Agnostic Front - Gotta Go
Dream Theater - Under A Glass Moon, Pull Me Under, Home, Fatal Tragedies
Operation Ivy - Bankshot, Unity, Freeze Up
Tool - Third Eye, Eulogy
Immortal Technique - Dance With the Devil
Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze, Voodoo Child (preferably live)
The Stooges - 1969, No Fun
Agent Orange - No Such Thing, Everything Turns Grey
Bad Brains - I, Banned In DC, Pay to Cum
Bad Religion - We're Only Gonna Die
Black Flag - Rise Above

tpen892004
03-04-2006, 05:14 PM
try explosions in the sky ther a instrumental band that are pretty trippy

Sum-182freak
03-04-2006, 05:50 PM
try NoFx: Kill All The White Man.

i showed that song to alot of my friends, and they all said it reminded them of a guy holding a huge joint...

paintITblack39
03-04-2006, 06:06 PM
stone roses

Paint
03-04-2006, 11:28 PM
Doomriders

www.myspace.com/doomriders
www.purevolume.com/doomriders

its nate newton from converges side project

just hard hitting blues

YardApe
03-05-2006, 01:05 PM
live albums from pink floyd are really good

TimiHendrix33
03-05-2006, 01:13 PM
The Doors.....the really long keyboard/organ solo's are perfect.

schitz
03-05-2006, 11:07 PM
This is gonna seem out of place, but Iron and Wine is amazing to me. Especially Fever Dream, A Passing Afternoon, Jezebel, On your Wings, and Grey Stables. Be warned--it's not really psychedelic, and it probably isn't rock (mostly fingerpicked folksy kind of stuff), but there's something about how serene the music is and how haunting Sam's voice is that you just almost become hypnotized. I highly recommend it.

Elusion777
03-07-2006, 08:53 PM
gorillaz,tool,definitly tool I got to page 4 and got tired of scrolling,has anyone mentioned Tom Petty yet?

bobisonthecob
03-20-2006, 08:48 PM
Astral Weeks - Van Morrison the whole album might make you cry if you are...under the influence...

Punk Rocker
03-20-2006, 09:29 PM
sha la la by the ramones

gtrfrk123
03-21-2006, 11:25 AM
stuff by jimi hendrix

or smoke on the water

help:hmmm
03-21-2006, 12:50 PM
i like this one Pink Floid song called "We dont need no education

its called "another brick in the wall" (part 2)

i enjoy punk when im drunk, but MF Doom when im high.

yer! MF DOOM fuking amazing!!

umm i would suggest "Los Endos" or "Dance On A Volcano" by Genesis

shizzledizzle
03-22-2006, 11:03 AM
I can't believe nobody mentioned Dr. Dre's 2001 album!!!! It's an absolute stoner classic, even if it is rap/hip-hop. I'm a recent hip-hop convert after spending my whole life listening to the same old stoner rock like Zeppelin, Beatles, Stones, etc, and I gotta say it's a really nice change. More energetic but still good to trip on. It's DA BOMB when you're on DA BONG.

LoudnSnotty138
03-22-2006, 07:24 PM
Annihilation time. their entire second album is about drinking and getting high, Songs 'like too high to die' and 'dogends'. they are a punk band with metalish guitar. It ends up sounding i guess like a hardrock band with harsher vocals. me and my friends get stoned and throw this record on all the time.

http://www.myspace.com/annihilationtime

HelpImARock
03-22-2006, 07:34 PM
I havent read the thread, but I'm sure Cypress Hill has been mentioned.

Incubus, mainly Fungus Amongus and S.C.I.E.N.C.E, those two albums are their funkiest, check out the song Psychopsilocybin. Trippy ****.

Beck has some interesting stuff to listen to when your high, and of course Live Phish is great to relax to.

usuckhugeonez
03-22-2006, 08:21 PM
comfortably numb - pink floyd

China Groove
03-23-2006, 03:19 PM
The best sh*t to listen to when youre high is some f*ckin DJ SCREW, or some psychedelic rock

Zaigonen
03-24-2006, 01:12 PM
Sublime, Bob Marley, Buju Banton, Mr Scruf, Dj Format, Dj Yoda, Jack Johnson, Gorillaz, Pink Floyd, 311, anything acoustic so long as its good, just avoid anything heavy or complicated, you cant go wrong with Drum and Bass or Reggae

any14doomsday
03-24-2006, 01:17 PM
^^^^^ I like really heavy stuff when im stoned, its nice it feels like the earths gravity is ripping you apart... In a good way.

It seems rediculouse but I like to put on king diamond, he makes me laugh so damn hard. His voice is hilariouse.

Four-Sticks
03-25-2006, 01:56 PM
Everything is fantastic when I'm stoned.

Gabuydachk
03-26-2006, 12:42 PM
Pink Floyd
Jimi Hendrix
Grateful Dead (kind of)

9mmpainpill
03-27-2006, 06:25 AM
THE BEST SONG to listen to when you are stoned it........drum roll....ta ta ta at ata ta ata ta ta ta at

WELCOME TO THE MACHINE-PINK FLOYD

It is probably the trippiest song I have ever heard....and Ive heard a lot of them...

And "Perfect" by Simple Plan.......ok not a trippy song, but doesnt it trip you out that some people actually liked it? :)

sokmonke
03-30-2006, 05:48 PM
Any Mars Volta stuff and the more Ambient songs by Tool (Reflection, Disposition and Push it live)

CrashedTheShow3
03-30-2006, 07:13 PM
drugs are bad.....mmmkay?

[x]hollywood[x]
04-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Because I Got High.....

PatrickJR
04-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Bethoven! However you spell the guys name!. You would be amazed!;)

Myrdinn
04-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Procol Harum - early stuff up to Broken Barricades
Nektar - live in new york
Robin Trower - twice removed from yesterday & bridge of sighs
Ten Years After - Ssssshhhhhhh
Camel - mirage, moonmadness & the snow goose
Steve Hillage - live herald
Wishbone Ash - Argus
Hawkwind - space ritual & chronicles of the black sword
ELP - Tarkus
Marillion - script for a jesters tears
Groundhogs - thank christ for the bomb
Savoy Brown - outside, looking in
Sensational Alex Harvey Band - live

Nebula
04-20-2006, 07:12 PM
This may have been mentioned earlier in the thread (I'm not gunna claim to have read all 11 pages) but there is only one band you need when stoned. Ozric Tentacles. Space Prog at it best. The more stoned you are the deeper it sucks you in. Check out the albums "Pungent Effulgence" and "Jurassic Shift", play them loud.

Also stick to your stoner rock and stoner metal. I know Kyuss was mentioned, Electric Wizard, Earthride, Desert Sessions, Brant Bjork etc.

TheDarkestNight
04-21-2006, 10:44 PM
download the album from a band called oysterhead. their kind of like pink floyd and really fun to listen to when your baked or trippin. If your trippin balls listen to pink floyd- saucer full of secrets. It makes you feel like your in a hooror movie and freaks you out. If you want i have the CD's and can send them to you. P.M me if your interested.

Raginscotsman
04-21-2006, 11:15 PM
Get Blues For Allah by The Grateful Dead. Then Be Here Now by Oasis.
Then any classical music, Beethoven, Mozart, whatever.

mydadisjewish
04-24-2006, 12:49 PM
i jam a lot of psychedelic ****

nektar
camel
the brian jonsetown massacre

also funk

parliament
funkadelic
RHCP-BSSM and Mother's Milk

i also bump a lot of
string cheese incident
chopped n screwed rap- (****in 3rd coast bitch)
temptations, etc.

not to mention, all the metal...........

kaotikdookie731
05-03-2006, 10:18 PM
PINK FLOYD!!
ELO
smashing pumpkins
system of a down
cream
hendrix
sublime
streetlight manifesto
clapton
but yeah, mostly just floyd

sammystiletto
05-04-2006, 01:18 AM
Dude theres a band called the cotton mouth kings....the music sux but its good when your high...also richard cheese and lounge against the machine......good thread though man. :devil:

G_Money_VEE
05-04-2006, 01:21 AM
dude u guys forgot the best band to listen to when your stoned, "The Beatles!" have u ever listen to any of their lyrics they are out of this world

mydadisjewish
05-04-2006, 10:13 AM
if you can find it one p2p programs, there is this band moevot......good **** from france. i suggest his Abgzvoryathre album.

buckethead
primus
bone thugs n harmony
segovia
bach
portishead

it's all good

jahlove
05-05-2006, 05:55 PM
stoney vibrations by daddy x. basicaly anything from pink floyd. the best stoner band sublime. the moon and anartica by modest mouse is way chill. check out live and direct by slightly stoopid. there is a cover of dark side of the moon out there called dub side of the moon which is really good if u like dub but of corse not as good as the original. primus for a more trippy high. hendrix works and ofcorse marley. any other stoner questions hit me up

wanna_lick_me?
05-06-2006, 02:25 AM
dude u guys forgot the best band to listen to when your stoned, "The Beatles!" have u ever listen to any of their lyrics they are out of this world

hoho, you said it man. i discovered the meaning of life while listening to "within you without you." George Harrison kicks major ass.

Sabbath is good if you wanna freak out. I shat my pants listening to the song "black sabbath."

echoes by pink floyd is out of this world also.

anything by the Allman Brothers

man, there's just aaaallll kinds of **** out there man. Listen to your favorite album after a giant spliff; you're gona rediscover the music

Dr._Rock
08-18-2006, 08:02 AM
bump :)

I read this whole thread and feel it's missing some stuff so I figured I'd list some songs.
I'll try to leave out really obvious ones - Floyd, Hendrix, Cream, The Beatles, Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, etc.
When I mention albums it means I think every song is essential

here's the list:

13th Floor Elevators - Slip Inside This House, Thru the Rhythm
Acid Mother Temple - anything really
Amon Duul II - Phallus Dei, Eye-Shaking King, Yeti, Yeti Talks To Yogi, Sandoz In The Rain
Animal Collective - Chocolate Girl, La Rapet, Bat You'll Fly, Who Could Win A Rabbit, Did You See the Words, Grass, The Purple Bottle, Turn Into Something
The Atomic Bitchwax - The Formula
The Avalanches - Frontier Psychiatrist (has a great video too)
The Beastie Boys - Shake Your Rump
Bill Frisell - I Heard It Through the Grapevine (a bunch more)
Billy Cobham - Quadrant
The Birthday Party - Several Sins
Blue Cheer - Sun Cycle, Parchment Farm
Boredoms - Bocabola, Bore Now Bore, Cheeba, Cory and the Mandara Suicide Pyramid Action or Gas Satori, Telehorse Uma, G.I.L. '77, Super Ae (album) and Vision Creation Newsun (album)
Boris - Amplifier Worship (album)
Butthole Surfers - Sweat Loaf, Graveyard
Byrds - Thoughts and Words, C.T.A.
Can - Tago Mago (album), Ege Bamyasi (album), Future Days, Moonshake, Bel Air, Mother Sky
Captain Beefheart - Moonlight Over Vermont, Zig Zag Wonderer
Caravan - Policeman, Magicman, Can't Be Long Now - Francoise - For Richard - Warlock
Charles Mingus - Better Git It In Your Soul, II B.S.
cLOUDDEAD - Dead Dogs Two (Boards of Canada remix)
Comets on Fire - anything
Cornelius - Smoke, Brazil
Dead Meadow - anything off Shivering Kings or Howls from the Hills
Dr. John - Gris-Gris Gumbo Ya Ya
Einstürzende Neubauten - Die Befindlichkeit des Landes
Electric Masada - Metal Tov
Electric Wizard - Dopethrone (album)
Eyedea & Abilities - Now
Faust - Faust IV (album)
Fela Kuti - Zombie (album), Expensive Sh i t (album)
Funkadelic - Maggot Brain (amazing solo), Free Your Mind and Your Ass Will Follow (album)
Gong - Angel's Egg (album), Camembert Electrique (album)
Goatsnake - The River, Junior's Jam, Burial At Sea (probably a bunch of other songs)
The Hampton Grease Band - Music to Eat (album)
Hawkwind - In Search of Space (album), Space Ritual (album)
Herbie Hancock - Headhunters (album)
The Incredible String Band - The Hangmans Beautiful Daughter (album)
Infected Mushroom - Converting Vegetarians, Elation Station, Drop Out
J.J. Cale - Ride Me High
Jackie-O Mother****er - Ancona Raga (Dogs of the Acropolis)
Jeff Beck - Freeway jam, Constipated Duck, Beck's Bolero, Scatterbrain
The Jesus Lizard - Then Comes Dudley
John Scofield - A Go Go (album)
John Zorn - Speedfreaks
Kaleidoscope - Taxim
King Crimson - Easy Money, Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part II, Cirkus, Red
Kinski - Schedule For Using Pillows and Beanbags, Newport, Daydream Intonation, That Helmut Poe Kid's Weird
Kyuss - Blues For the red Sun (album), Welcome to Sky Valley (album)
Landing - Fluency of Colors, Hold Me Under (Fuzzy Version), Solstice, Feel and the Seas Fill
Latyrx - Latyrx
Leaf Hound - Work My Body
Liquid Liquid - Cavern
Love - A House Is Not A Motel, Live and Let Live
Mad River - High All the Time, War Goes On
Mahavishnu Orchestra - Inner Mounting Flame (album)
MC5 - Starship
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew (album), Live Evil (album), On the Corner (album)
The Misunderstood - Before the Dream Faded (album)
The Moving Sidewalks - Flash (album)
Muddy Waters - Electric Mud (album)
Neu! - Neu! (album)
No-Neck Blues Band - anything you can find
The Olivia Tremor Control - Dusk at Cubist Castle (album), Black Foliage: Animation Music (album)
Os Mutantes - Os Mutantes (album)
Parliament - Mothership Connection (album)
Pere Ubu - Codex, Laughing, Sentimental Journey
The Pharcyde - Pack The Pipe
Phish - The Divided Sky, You Enjoy Myself, Theme From the Bottom, Gumbo, Slave to the Traffic Light, Stash, Maze, David Bowie, The Mago Song, The Squirming Coil, Light Up or Leave me Alone (Traffic cover), Tweezer, Ghost - (if you're using p2p to download these be wary, if they're live they will most likely be of low quality, try finding SBD sources through torrents instead - it's worth it)
The Pixies - Gouge Away
Quicksilver Messenger Service - The Fool, Pride of Man, Gold and Silver
Radiohead - Kid A (album)
The Residents - Constantinople, The Festival of Death, Meet the Residents (album), Buster and Glen (album)
Reverend Horton Heat - Marijuana
Ruins - Celledomi Guazto, Kippssidamn, Komnigriss, Skhanddraviza, Messiaen, Wanzhemvergg, Issighirudoh, Chittam Irangaayo, Black Sabbath Medley Reversible, Mahavishnu Orchestra Medley
Scratch Acid - She Said
The Seeds - Mr. Farmer
Shpongle - Divine Moments of Truth, A New Way to Say 'Hooray', My Head Feels Like a Frisbee
Sic Organs of Admittance - Thicker Than A Smokey, Black Wall, Khidr and the Fountain, Procession Of Cherry Blossom Spirits, School Of The Flower, Bless Your Blood
Sleep - Sleep's Holy Mountain (album), Dopesmoker (album)
The Small Faces - Ogden's Nut Gone Flake, Son of a Baker, The Journey
Smegma - Ism (album)
The Soft Boys - Underwater Moonlight (album)
The Soft Machine - Volume One (album), Vol. Two (album)
Spacemen 3 - Take Me to the Other Side, Transparent Radiation (Flashback)
Spiritualized - Cop Shoot Cop
Sun City Girls - anything you can find
Sun Ra - Nothing Is... (album), Space Is The Place (album), Lanquidity (album)
Sunburned Hand of the Man - Anatomy (album)
Syd Barrett - The Madcap Laughs (album)
Television - Marquee Moon
Tortoise - Dot/Eyes, Djed, Senaca, Six Pack
Traffic - Glad, Freedom Rider, Light Up or Leave Me Alone, Heaven Is in Your Mind, Dear Mr. Fantasy, Dealer, Utterly Simple, Giving to You
The United States of America - The American Metaphysical Circus, Cloud Song, I Won't Leave My Wooden Wife for You Sugar
The Velvet Underground - Venus in Furs, Ocean
Ween - A Tear For Eddie, Mutilated Lips, Dr. Rock, Big Jilm, Don't Get 2 Close (2 My Fantasy), Transdermal Celebration, Happy Colored Marbles, The Argus, Sorry Charlie, How High Can You Fly, The Rift, The Grobe - a bunch more
The West Coast Pop Art Experiment - Shifting Sands, Help I'm a Rock, Leiyla, Here's Where You Belong, 'Scuse Me Miss Rose
Wooden Wand & the Vanishing Voice - Dread Effigy
XTC - Grass
Yes - Close To The Edge
Yo La Tengo - Tired hippo
The Zombies - Odessey & Oracle (album)

Also I'm new to the forums, so hello!

Someone also told be there's this CD, that if you play while sitting in between 4 CD players playing it, will cause some serious awesomeness. The kid said it also should not be listened to in the car, as in "Warning" type stuff. Anyone know what that CD is?

That would be Zaireeka by The Flaming Lips

telex289
08-18-2006, 10:11 AM
well you can always listen to phish :)

but pink floyd any album would kick ass,

if you like sublime at all, listen to their self-titled album. garden grove high is ****ed up. it has a weird feeling when the keyboard and electronic sounds come on at the end, it feels like theyve been playing for 20 minutes but its been mabye 20 seconds... i just love that song high

and for you pussies saying dont do drugs: stop being pussies, the truth is drugs and music are meant for each other, if you've ever even tried pot or any other drug at least once you'd know that.. but seriously no one cares if you're a straight edge emo faggot

brentondig
08-18-2006, 01:10 PM
Floyd, Grateful Dead, Uriah Heep, Iron Butterfly, Maiden (The Thin Line Between Love and Hate is TOO AMAZING when you are stoned)
Lots.
Mostly late 60s rock, and folk even.

brentondig
08-18-2006, 01:11 PM
Syd Barrett solo as well. :wtf:

greggybhoy
08-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Tom Jones.

Not really!!

Anything by the Coral is good drugs music.

Kasabian's first album is good too - think Stone Roses, fused with Massive Attack.

Screamadelica by Primal Scream is a great album too.

visionofadream
08-18-2006, 09:49 PM
no rain by blind melon?

Idiot_Son
08-21-2006, 07:08 AM
jimi hendrix, bob marley, sublime, led zep, pink floyd, the who... anythn thts a little bit funky...

coupestar
09-18-2006, 07:54 AM
listening to radiohead whilst stoned will cause you to cut your wrists..... BE CAREFUL!

coupestar
09-18-2006, 07:56 AM
greggybhoy is talking a lot of sense. Add "The Music" to his list and your sorted

i have a massive attack remixes album - bit dancy but good funky stoners music!

partisan77
09-18-2006, 11:19 AM
my favorite music to listen to stoned is radiohead's hail to the thief, gorillaz's demon days, or any album by mars volta. you have to listen to entire album's stoned. you get a feel for the meaning and it gives you a better understanding of the band and with enough time a better understanding of music in general. marijuana is a great thing and it can increase your knowledge of music.

Jarrett Moore
09-18-2006, 08:01 PM
I don't find that last remark to be true to everyone. Maybe you and some others but it doesn't necissarily.

teh l337
09-21-2006, 05:13 PM
NO! Jefferson Airplane and the Grateful Dead are the two bands you MUST listen to while high...

Lemmon
09-21-2006, 05:47 PM
The Beatles - Tomorrow Never Knows

HostileDaRebel
09-21-2006, 07:19 PM
Hendrix, but the beatles has this 1 song on the magical mystery tour CD called Blue Jay Way, OMG, it will **** u up if ur high

altergray19
09-25-2006, 07:24 PM
the first time i smokeddeded crack, i heard a song by weerd science. i liked it alot, I looked around and was like "damn that n*ggas black" then i found out he was the drummer for coheed and i was like "damn that n*ggas white."

chrus
09-25-2006, 07:46 PM
i dont think animals would be the best floyd album for that. i recommend a saucerful of secrets, meddle, or relics (early floyd)

dude, what are you talking about?

as great as those other albums are, animals is quite possibly the best album to listen to stoned.

other good bands to listen to high are tool, infected mushroom, the mars volta, radiohead, .. i dont feel like listing a heapload of bands but hip hops mint for that too. GZA's Liquid Swords is killer when baked.

fireshot420
09-26-2006, 12:51 AM
Listen to Slightly Stoopid, best band to listen to when you are stoned

liesofautumn
09-26-2006, 05:40 PM
This weekend I discovered how great Rush is to toke to. Songs like The Trees, Freewill, Spirit of Radio, and Limelight are so rad when your baked. And chrus, your sig is kickass.

bearded_monkey
09-27-2006, 04:26 PM
Im sorry but the ultimate stoner song is Voodoo Chile (Hendrix version)! Slow it down on Windows Media and listen to it! You feel soooooooooooo outta it!

jojobeasty
09-28-2006, 09:21 PM
Out Hud!

Gustaf
09-29-2006, 06:17 AM
Pink Floyd (early stuff, Meddle and Dark side are what I prefer, but anything goes really)
The Doors
Zeppelin (try watching TSRTS when you're stoned, it's a great experience!)
Cream
Hendrix
Gratefull Dead
Iron Butterfly

just to name a few personal favorites

chrus
09-29-2006, 04:30 PM
This weekend I discovered how great Rush is to toke to. Songs like The Trees, Freewill, Spirit of Radio, and Limelight are so rad when your baked. And chrus, your sig is kickass.
If you like rush, try listening to the whole of 2112 after a fatty jointler. you'll be amazed.

king_harvest88
10-22-2006, 10:04 AM
ok, good music when your stoned:

small faces (later stuff)
first humble pie album
nirvana (the 60's band)
the end
mahavishnu orchestra
Sun Ra & his arkestra
quicksilver messanger service
Country Joe and the fish
The grateful dead
Gong
Ozric Tentacles
Captain Beefheart
Frank zappa (particularly the mothers of invention stuff)
The beatles (good for any occasion, including getting baked)
Spirit
Colour Haze
Funkadelic
Acid Mothers Temple
Bongzilla
Raging Slab

i know you wanted specific songs, but most of those bands have pretty much 97% hit rates with me, apart from colour haze and bongzilla, who can somethimes miss the mark.

Dr._Rock
10-22-2006, 07:53 PM
^this guys got the right idea

guitarhero?
10-25-2006, 01:23 AM
dude any music that is enjoyable is enjoyable stoned
if you like music, stonedness will just enhance it

guitarhero?
10-25-2006, 01:25 AM
for me:

Grateful Dead
RHCP