Audio/Videos of the shredders (or attempted shredders:D) of UG

PDA

View Full Version : Audio/Videos of the shredders (or attempted shredders:D) of UG

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Erich yeung
09-23-2005, 06:26 AM
Hey everyone, I just thought it would be fun for everyone to make videos of themselves playing and post them here. This is in no way a competition or to see whose the best. Its just meant to be for people to give them pointers and see what other guitarists are upto(cool tricks, licks, etc). And take it easy guys on someone who didnt do so good or screwed up, etc. Alright I'll try to get one of myself up soon. Have fun....

Resiliance
09-23-2005, 06:46 AM
I would have done so a long time ago... But a camera costs too much :(

Freepower
09-23-2005, 11:01 AM
I'll get one off my gf, i was doing an incredibly hi-tech C maj sweep, so fast all the notes actually rung together in the form of what i like to call a "strummed chord". Seriously, it'll give you a laugh anyhoo.

That said, i'll see if i can show you guys some cool stuff somehow. *shrug*

TheArtOfDeth
09-24-2005, 12:03 AM
I think everyone on here is too chicken to show their chops off including me and Tapmaster(he told me so)

Erich yeung
09-24-2005, 10:39 AM
^ why. No ones gonna flame you, unless some bastard wants to be banned. Just do it, for the hell of it. I'm sure you guys are awesome. Ill post one up today once i can get a hold of my camera. I'll probably just do a little improvisation over a backing track. Hopefully more ppl will join in then and leave some criticisim. I'm sure you guys can give me some pointers and tips ;)

rayIII
09-24-2005, 11:16 AM
im not that good but i might do one anyways... btw can i record with one of those digital camcorders that plugs in the tv to put on the computer? i think its got a mini-usb B port on it

Erc
09-24-2005, 11:21 AM
I probably will, but my chops arn't that impressive, only to those who don't play guitar (eruption anyone?)...so eh yea =)

Midnight 260
09-24-2005, 12:05 PM
uploadin now

http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2WN9DMIQKWXXF1XZM5FM0CUQCR

there we go :devil:

rayIII
09-24-2005, 12:42 PM
hey, very nice, especially the neoclassical one. (i have the same shirt :eek: ) how did you record that?

Mascot
09-24-2005, 01:10 PM
uploadin now

http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2WN9DMIQKWXXF1XZM5FM0CUQCR

there we go :devil:

Not bad, although kinda only showing chops.

Really low-res too.

Midnight 260
09-24-2005, 01:36 PM
cam corder

yeah the res is low but thats cuase its the low qual version. i have a excellent qual version but its freakin huge (15000kb)

Erich yeung
09-24-2005, 02:01 PM
^ That was pretty damn sweet man, great chops! I'd love to hear the neoclassical thing recorded with a backing. Yeah but you could improve on your cleanliness for the sort 3 part sequence (with the last 3 strings) in the neoclassical improv. That was great though keep it up! C'mon anybody who has a camera, join in, just for the hell of it.

Midnight 260
09-24-2005, 02:18 PM
i'm heading out to my friends house soon, hopefully he'll let me record it

rayIII
09-24-2005, 02:22 PM
he'd better :peace:

TheArtOfDeth
09-24-2005, 02:30 PM
Ok Me and Tapmaster will do it if we can get a camera which we currently dont have

Ohpeasson
09-24-2005, 03:01 PM
Pretty cool Midnight. Reminds me of my playing =D, I also have that shirt, kinda weird :D .

Midnight 260
09-24-2005, 03:14 PM
hey im out at his house now, he's gonna let me record a bit so i'll post it up later

Mascot
09-24-2005, 03:59 PM
Sure thing, bub.

I wanna see FP's sweeps. :p:

Midnight 260
09-24-2005, 08:38 PM
well...something came up and we couldnt record, i'll try to do omething with it at my house. it wont have no drums on it though

Beckerism
09-24-2005, 09:06 PM
the MAB ripoff made me laugh.

PooKoo
09-25-2005, 09:21 AM
Alright if you guys wanna see me sloppily speedpick/sweep on a squier i can show ya, (it was months ago), but ill post something real in a couple days.

Beckerism
09-25-2005, 09:57 AM
the MAB ripoff made me laugh.

In a good way I mean. :p:

Erich yeung
09-25-2005, 10:45 AM
In a good way I mean. :p:

Lol, Yeah to pookoo just post anything man, the whole point of this is just to show other ppl what you can do, get some tips and learn some tricks from others. I'll post something as soon as my dad gets my camera............grrrr :p:

Freepower
09-25-2005, 12:53 PM
Sure thing, bub.

I wanna see FP's sweeps. :p:

Why'd ya wanna see that? Havent you HEARD them? Ah, i'll put something sweeping up after i master this 5 octave one i've been working on. Pretty ****ing sweet, wait and see. (40bpm 4th note sweepage doom!)

sixteen times
09-25-2005, 01:55 PM
Free, remeber to take it slow, not to sound rude but everything of yours I've heard is pretty damn sloppy.

*Awaits flame* :(

Freepower
09-25-2005, 02:16 PM
^ lol, thats ok, everything i've posted is pretty damn sloppy. Hence the recent "clean up" operation...been about 3 months since i posted anything, and longer since i did anything remotely technical. I've cleaned up a lot, but im still pushing for cleanliness, so you probably wont hear anything for a wee bit.

(I also have a disease of sorts where i generally come up with a song that i can barely play, and piece it together over an hour and record it. So basically, take anything in my dmusic, and i can play it clean a few weeks after it's posted. Just not when i record it, lol)

And how could i flame a brilliant sig provider?

Nah, i take critisism well. I like to think so anyway - i've spent months cleaning myself up because people thought i was too sloppy (and i agreed, but i dont really mind, for my own music).

Thats why i was so curious as to why mascot wanted to hear my sweeps - any on my dmusic are pretty bad.

mi2tom
09-25-2005, 11:15 PM
nice videos there :peace:

PooKoo
09-26-2005, 02:10 PM
alright i got one up, its pretty sloppy (Only been playing about a year)
so dont bitch about that, but any advice on playing would be helpful. I know its mindless and unmelodic, its just a chops showcase of sorts. http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2NJFXMAYQPJWV1VY4ORQ6VZ8FQ

ignore the name, i saved it with my michael angelo pics by accident.

Freepower
09-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Ease up on the open strings, but that beats me. :cheers:

Though you need some more interesting sweep shapes... Then again, im a big sweeper and not much else, so im biased.

PooKoo
09-26-2005, 03:19 PM
thanks, the open strings are just a rhoads cop off, i dont use them that often actual.
And about sweeps, i just got into them a couple months ago, and havent really found any other shapes that work, so if you could give me a link or something to a lesson about it, id worship you forever.

Midnight 260
09-26-2005, 08:42 PM
I couldnt help it

i made a eruption video

http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2VA47GFALVRAW1109PL8II59LR

proof in my opinion drinkin can be bad for ur chops

Blackened-World
09-26-2005, 08:55 PM
alright i got one up, its pretty sloppy (Only been playing about a year)
so dont bitch about that, but any advice on playing would be helpful. I know its mindless and unmelodic, its just a chops showcase of sorts. http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2NJFXMAYQPJWV1VY4ORQ6VZ8FQ

ignore the name, i saved it with my michael angelo pics by accident.

alright first thing i noticed near the beginning is that you werent picking every note on your picking run near the beginning, and some of the notes sounded a little off, try and work on making every note sound clear SLOW DOWN when practicing.

also near the middle you were doing some sweep tapping, the only problem i had was that when you were ascending up to the next shape, you decided to hammer on instead of sweep altogether. the only problem this created is that doing this at fast speeds its essential to move your fingers off the previous sting faster, which usually makes the string tend to ring. try practicing sweeping all the regular notes AS WELL as tapping.

and finally, try to work on your vibrato. try not to make it so quick but make it wide and slower. extremely fast vibrato tends to sound BAD. francesco fareri is a prime example.

other than that, nice job.

Blackened-World
09-26-2005, 08:59 PM
I couldnt help it

i made a eruption video

http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2VA47GFALVRAW1109PL8II59LR

proof in my opinion drinkin can be bad for ur chops

i liked your enthousiasm

Midnight 260
09-26-2005, 09:03 PM
well a 12 pack can do that to a mexican

public property
09-27-2005, 09:17 AM
Freepower, I don't know if you were joking or not, but a 24 fret guitar onto has 4 octaves, from the low E to 24th fret of the high e, unless of course you were going to pinch the last note, which would be cheating :P

Freepower
09-27-2005, 10:03 AM
^ Ah, that confused me for a second, id thought id miscounted, but the thing is, im counting the first octave of the open E string as an octave of an arpeggio, so if E is the root i would count it as

open low E - one
2nd D - two
open E - three
12th E - four
24th E - five - even though this triad is incomplete, i would count it as the START of a 5th octave, not a completion of the fourth.

Depends which way you look at it - and if E is the root or bass of the inversion.

public property
09-27-2005, 10:57 AM
No, cause its open E through to the next E, thats over 1, it has to span the octave to be 1 octave, muppet! Your not gonna budge my mind on this!
open E to (or equivilent) 2nd fret D string, - 1
D string to open e - 2
open e to 12th fret - 3
12th fret to 24th fret - 4

This isn't even an opinion thing....Your just stupid. :)

Anyway how do you upload with that yousendit thing?

Freepower
09-27-2005, 11:03 AM
Ah, but you can play 5 different octaves of E, and as the bass note, thats what i was taking. Course, you are right, its just in a toss up between the two, i would go for the former.

24th E - five - even though this triad is incomplete, i would count it as the START of a 5th octave, not a completion of the fourth.

Thats the way i see it - you see it as the END to the 4th, i count it as the START of the 5th.

Blackened-World
09-27-2005, 11:13 AM
--------------------7s12h16t19s24------------------------------------
------------------9---------------------------------------------------------
----------------9-----------------------------------------------------------
--------------9-------------------------------------------------------------
--------7-11---------------------------------------------------------------
-0-4-7---------------------------------------------------------------------
0 1 2 3 4

freepower theres no way you can fit 5 octaves on a normal sweeping lick. you were probably just counting how many e's there are. the low open E doesnt count as the first octave, because you didnt play an octave below the first low E.

dont bend the rules goofball

Erich yeung
09-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Good vids guys keep'em comin. Good stuff pookoo. The tapping at the end was alright, but the sweeps weren't bad IMO. It kicks my ass :p:. I thought it was really good for 1 year, keep on rockin man. To midnight 260, haha that was awesome man. Some of the runs weren't in sync with your picking hand as some of the notes were played more than they were supposed to be. But that was really cool too, especially the over under technique. Good job both of you guys. And PS don't be afraid to use backing tracks if you want guys.

public property
09-27-2005, 12:19 PM
http://s55.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=331XYL9DVD7J11LJ66ZHGME5WY

*signs life away* Be aware that I cannot shred, tis a skill which has passed me by.
Anyway I kinda forget the cameras on after a while, may be noticable.

Freepower
09-27-2005, 12:57 PM
--------------------7s12h16t19s24------------------------------------
------------------9---------------------------------------------------------
----------------9-----------------------------------------------------------
--------------9-------------------------------------------------------------
--------7-11---------------------------------------------------------------
-0-4-7---------------------------------------------------------------------
0 1 2 3 4

freepower theres no way you can fit 5 octaves on a normal sweeping lick. you were probably just counting how many e's there are. the low open E doesnt count as the first octave, because you didnt play an octave below the first low E.

dont bend the rules goofball

Lol, bending the rules is all i do - and your right, i was counting Es because they were the root note, but i get your point, you guys are right, it should fill an an octave in either direction. Excuse me, i HAVE miscounted. :)

And PP, that was a pretty awesome vid, love your legato, love your clean intro, if not so much the pentatonic stuff after - very cool stuff alround, though your inventive stuff is overshadowed by the fact you sound far far too much like Vai.

If you had your own style, that would be an insanely pwnage vid, as it was, i just really liked it.

public property
09-27-2005, 01:03 PM
awww thanks, I never expected to get a good response...
I write alot of 'original' stuff on powertab....But, its finding the time to learn it and I'm too much of a perfectionist when it comes to playing things I write.
http://s62.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1VBULB610PTA90KYCQCK1KK6WB
^ A powertab thingy.

Freepower
09-27-2005, 01:23 PM
^ "too much of a perfectionist" when it comes to shred is silly. Me, not perfectionist = sloppy. All the perfectionists i've met play really well. ;)

Diffferently to you, i write almost everything with my guitar in my hands. Though im planning a big oriental piece soon...

PooKoo
09-27-2005, 01:35 PM
thanks for all the tips, and yeah, that was just a throwaway vid, if i find a good backing track i may post something a lot more... polished.

And Public Property, very rad... i ****in hate you.

I want a jem...

Erich yeung
09-27-2005, 01:44 PM
^Lol. Yeah to PP that was very good, and vai-ish sounding. It is true that you sound immensley like vai. However, your legato and tone are very good :)

STFU(its)JERRY
09-27-2005, 05:12 PM
Wow nice vids you guys, keep up the good work.

Erich yeung
09-28-2005, 09:28 PM
Well I finally managed to get my camera from my dad. Though he only let me use it for 15 mins. I didn't really have time to write a solo or anything, so i pretty much just went to guitarbts, found this cool backing track, and improvised over it. You can tell I'm pretty lost half the time haha. Yeah my ugly mug shows up in it a few times too. Don't mind the abnormally bright light as the camera is bad so i needed better lighting. (go work lamp!) Yeah, also don't even take the sweeps (or attempted sweeps) into consideration as its just a blob of distorion.

http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2IF3SZJQX0JX82LA6SRQPI1L7I

metaldier
09-29-2005, 04:09 AM
I have a video camera and a lead but I hooked it in and nothing happened maybe coz i dont have a program, but does anyone know a program that'll let me put it on my comp

Erc
09-29-2005, 06:35 AM
Hmm I hate to sound like a noob and all but...

Damn how do you guys improvise stuff like that, technically I'm allright and could play things such as that without too much trouble...but whenever I try to improv and get out of my pentonic box I just start playing random **** and it sucks ass....so eh what scales are you using and what not?

Midnight 260
09-29-2005, 07:04 AM
i use harmonic minor a lot

public property
09-29-2005, 07:41 AM
Learn theory dude, its the only way to go, eventually you'll just start jumping in and out of keys and it'll sound great, I stay in 1 key for maybe half a minute at most, I normally have to change key to get the sound I want, but seriously, learn the full major scale and learn how its constructed, thats half of everything you'll ever need to know, since everything else is based off of that.

Anyway, back to me, once again I leave myself in the hands of the UG lions, posting a pathetic attempt at me playing the attitude song over a backing track, which you can't hear very well as i was just using it as timing reference. Now folks, I mentioned I could not shred in the other post and it definately comes to light in this video, pretty much everything remotely fast in this I screw up on and 'the run' as I call it has always been a nemesis of mine.
Please...don't be too harsh...
http://s56.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2NA317MXEABNK2IKY1OYZVZRSV

Beckerism
09-29-2005, 08:56 AM
Learn theory dude, its the only way to go, eventually you'll just start jumping in and out of keys and it'll sound great, I stay in 1 key for maybe half a minute at most, I normally have to change key to get the sound I want, but seriously, learn the full major scale and learn how its constructed, thats half of everything you'll ever need to know, since everything else is based off of that.

Anyway, back to me, once again I leave myself in the hands of the UG lions, posting a pathetic attempt at me playing the attitude song over a backing track, which you can't hear very well as i was just using it as timing reference. Now folks, I mentioned I could not shred in the other post and it definately comes to light in this video, pretty much everything remotely fast in this I screw up on and 'the run' as I call it has always been a nemesis of mine.
Please...don't be too harsh...
http://s56.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2NA317MXEABNK2IKY1OYZVZRSV

Psshh, you can shred. Better than half of the people here I bet. :p:

InfiniteSadness
09-29-2005, 10:04 AM
This is turning into a cool thread, awesome vids, no flaming!
Erich yeung, although it was obvious that you were lost some of the times (but you said that yourself) your playing is really good! I assume you know your theory if it was al improvised, you have a good tone and I liked your 3 notes per string runs.
And public property, you can shred man I liked the way you had like a melody theme in your first vid.
I know someone who has a camera so maybe I can post a vid of my own playing some time soon

Freepower
09-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Well I finally managed to get my camera from my dad. Though he only let me use it for 15 mins. I didn't really have time to write a solo or anything, so i pretty much just went to guitarbts, found this cool backing track, and improvised over it. You can tell I'm pretty lost half the time haha. Yeah my ugly mug shows up in it a few times too. Don't mind the abnormally bright light as the camera is bad so i needed better lighting. (go work lamp!) Yeah, also don't even take the sweeps (or attempted sweeps) into consideration as its just a blob of distorion.

http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2IF3SZJQX0JX82LA6SRQPI1L7I

I didnt think that was too bad, it reminds me of my improv over that track i did about a year ago - except faster and cleaner (though its not saying much to be cleaner than me at a years playing, you get the point).

Yes, you got lost, yes, obviously, improv, but a good foundation for possible greatness - just brush up on the theory, phrasing, and sweeps. :)

PP, i like your modesty and lack of belief in your shred prowess, its perfectly matched to your skill. That is to say, your capable, but shredding is not comfortably easy for you. Am i right? Good attitude, good playing, and you make fun of my name. All round good stuff.

public property
09-29-2005, 10:38 AM
Yeah you'd be dead on in saying that treepower.
I haven't posted me attempting to play anything shreddy, but I could if you want me to. Tearing it up is always fun :D

Erich, you seem to play fast but it dosen't sound too good on camera, it all definately fits though, Your sweeps like freepower (oh no, I misspelt it!!) said are a bit unclear.
Anyway good work, keep the videos coming people, we need people like MOS, resi and Blackened to post some of their so called mad skillz.

Freepower
09-29-2005, 11:08 AM
Resi would but apparently has no camera, i have no clue about MOS or Blackened.

Resiliance
09-29-2005, 11:27 AM
^Yeah, I would, and I don't have any mad skills damnit.

I've been wanting to get a camera for a while though... Maybe I'll pick one up on ebay.

fendrix420
09-29-2005, 12:13 PM
im new to this video colum but the vids are pretty sick. two note per string is harder then three. anyone up for posting some pentatonic speed.

Freepower
09-29-2005, 12:40 PM
^ this isnt a competition, nor really a showcase. It's just for fun - that said, anyone who's bothered on taking you up on that, go ahead, im just saying, i think it would ruin the spirit of the thread for people to come in and ask for things to be played or trying to introduce a level of animosity.

:cheers:

paddyo
09-29-2005, 01:35 PM
http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1LM7Y8587GCEZ3N2H1UNE0RH3D

Well here's my vid :D ...baring in mind I've have been playing for 2 years.
Crit away!

DecembersFading
09-29-2005, 01:42 PM
^ that was ok i guess it was really sloppy but you have been only playing for 2 years

PooKoo
09-29-2005, 02:02 PM
just watched your vid eric, not bad. Loved most of your note choices, but its very sloppy at times, especially when you go fast.

sweeps need some work, but i am not one to talk. (Although, i have been brushing up on them a lot)

I'll post something with a backing track soon, but considering im just using a digital camera, it wont be too long.

Freepower
09-29-2005, 02:16 PM
http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1LM7Y8587GCEZ3N2H1UNE0RH3D

Well here's my vid :D ...baring in mind I've have been playing for 2 years.
Crit away!

All those ****ing irish shredders, all the same old pentatonic ****e with some taps thrown in because they sound "fast". Despite the fact you seem to know what an arpeggio is...unless you're just using the 15th and 19th frets because they sound cool and you're in the key of E so you decided to barre that 12th fret.

Anyway, enough moping, there's not much to say, its not that fast, your legato is just about decent, your picking is awful, your tapping is only slightly better, your note choice will kill you if i can find you, and your sense of phrasing, or beat, or tone, or your ability to mute a ringing open string on high gain have all obviously gone on holiday.

That said, you're probably the best guitarist you know. I hate this country.

Resiliance
09-29-2005, 02:21 PM
^Don't insult the pentatonic :(

And "your note choice will kill you if i can find you"...

Ahahahahaha :D

Freepower
09-29-2005, 02:28 PM
^ Glad you enjoyed it, i hope it gets him to actually practice...

ANYWAY...i dont mind pentatonics, hell, i LOVE chinese music, but have we all heard that sloppy legato top-3-strings-with-a-bend-to-the-b5-and-then-descending thing about a MILLION times?

Same old pentatonic ****e. And THATS what i hate. Plus all the "shredders" round here think that makes them the next malmsteen. Jesus. I bet he sweeps like a guy in the year above me - plays a chord and adds a hammeron.

Sorry to keep bashing you, but for chrissakes, if bashing made me practice it'll make you practice. Practice you little ****. And go and learn some theory too.

paddyo
09-29-2005, 02:29 PM
All those ****ing irish shredders, all the same old pentatonic ****e with some taps thrown in because they sound "fast". Despite the fact you seem to know what an arpeggio is...unless you're just using the 15th and 19th frets because they sound cool and you're in the key of E so you decided to barre that 12th fret.

Anyway, enough moping, there's not much to say, its not that fast, your legato is just about decent, your picking is awful, your tapping is only slightly better, your note choice will kill you if i can find you, and your sense of phrasing, or beat, or tone, or your ability to mute a ringing open string on high gain have all obviously gone on holiday.

That said, you're probably the best guitarist you know. I hate this country.

Jesus dude get a ****in tampon!! this thread was for a laugh, you said so your self. Go wank your ****in harmonic minor(yeah i know what that is :rolleyes: ) and see if you get respect. Holy **** dude cool it!! :peace: yeah and so what if i'm sloppy an "unable to mute" I'm 14, I think I'll learn in time you uneducated fool....

flamencogod
09-29-2005, 02:49 PM
don't be so hard on him freepower...

pentatonic's are nice... and he never say he was the new malmsteen or something!

xdespairfactor
09-29-2005, 02:51 PM
thers a kid in my school with absolutely amazing shred videos. hes only 17 but hes really good. i'll try to find those videos.

PooKoo
09-29-2005, 03:25 PM
freepower i must completely agree with you on paddyo."

also i thought this was a video thread?

Erich yeung
09-29-2005, 03:53 PM
^ It is. Recordings are not allowed. Yeah thanks for the kind words guys btw. Yeah to the guy who wanted this to be like a comp or somethin, This is purely for fun, and to get some pointers. To public property: You definitley have some chops my man. You can shred it up, I mean your not amazing, but none of us here are. To Erc, i was mainly using aeolian, major, pentatonic, and a bit of locrian and harmonic minor. To paddyo' Freepower is just giving his opinion. (to Freepower you dont have to be so rough on him, man) Yeah but take into account what he said as alot of it is true. And yeah your only 14 and you'll learn in time. How about you start now? And just for the record, alot of us here are around that age.

paddyo
09-29-2005, 04:08 PM
I took all of freepowers criticism constructively and as of today i'm turning my gain down and practising to become clean:) so thanks FP(in some way?!:D) and Erich Yeung I didnt really mean I'm ONLY 14 I was just saying that ther's loads more time for me to perfect my technique.;) your ****in real good. a bit sloppy(I cant say ANYTHING!) but your well on your way dude. so, yeah.....thanks...

Erich yeung
09-29-2005, 04:37 PM
No problem man, its all in good fun :p:

Freepower
09-29-2005, 05:28 PM
Jesus dude get a ****in tampon!! this thread was for a laugh, you said so your self. Go wank your ****in harmonic minor(yeah i know what that is :rolleyes: ) and see if you get respect. Holy **** dude cool it!! :peace: yeah and so what if i'm sloppy an "unable to mute" I'm 14, I think I'll learn in time you uneducated fool....

Yeh, i forgot about the laugh bit...sorry. Im actually ashamed. :(

What happened was that you play exactly like a guy i know who's really arrogant and thinks hes the next malmsteen - i think i kinda carried over what i think of him. On the other hand, my crits were genuine, even if i was an asshole. Sorry man. :cheers:

Thanks for taking it relatively well and only calling me an uneducated fool. ;)

I took all of freepowers criticism constructively and as of today i'm turning my gain down and practising to become clean:) so thanks FP(in some way?!:D) and Erich Yeung I didnt really mean I'm ONLY 14 I was just saying that ther's loads more time for me to perfect my technique.;) your ****in real good. a bit sloppy(I cant say ANYTHING!) but your well on your way dude. so, yeah.....thanks...

Now THATS the attitude i wanted to hear. :golfclap:

don't be so hard on him freepower...

pentatonic's are nice... and he never say he was the new malmsteen or something!

Thanks for all the sensible calm down comments lads. Id do the same for you. :cheers:

Axegrinder#9
09-29-2005, 05:46 PM
yea I am guna make a kick ass video of me ripping up some sick **** - it'll be in a cemetary and I'll be probably be trying to look like a cross between the Crow and the Vampire Lestat... Halloween...

PooKoo
09-29-2005, 06:12 PM
^now that id like to see

Mascot
09-29-2005, 06:26 PM
public property: Nice video, it doesn't have much flow if you ask me, but its still good. It just seems to stop whenever you feel like it, but as said, very Vai-ish, and nice legato. Good tone, but for whatever reason, the video itself was extremely out of phase - I heard it then saw it, so it was weird.

Blackened-World
09-29-2005, 07:59 PM
Resi would but apparently has no camera, i have no clue about MOS or Blackened.

ill try and get a video up. once i find out how to use this goddamn camera

Erc
09-29-2005, 08:13 PM

Well I know a decent amount of theory, mainly how to construct chords and scales and what not with intervals and stuff, and about accidentals when switching keys and what not so I'm not 100% oblivious but do you guys have every note on the fretboard memorized or do you guys just know scales forms? ...or well how do you guys go about getting the scales you guys use...

Constructing it yourself with note knowledge on the freboard or patterns?

PooKoo
09-29-2005, 08:34 PM
i actually do have every note memorized, but you dont have to.

Just mess around, learn your modes up and down the neck, and just learn other peoples solos and rip them off. Eventually the licks will turn into your own. Just dont do to much of one person, you dont want to sound exactly like them.

spee
09-29-2005, 09:11 PM
i really want to see one from blackened or MOS

Erc
09-29-2005, 09:33 PM
^ Hmm I'm curious...I hate to get off topic off of others people videos but...uh....

You can only have 3 octave scales/sweeps right, soo a 4octave one is impossible without a pinch harmonic?...or I think thats what I got out of that one discussion earlier in this thread....anyone wanna clear this up for me?

EDIT --> Directed to pookoo or whoever can answer my question =)

fendrix420
09-29-2005, 11:45 PM
well your the biggest let down to this colum. dont rip peaples licks off hopeing they become your own. sure its ok to play other peaples stuff to gain ideas and tips but you should play what comes to you. millions of peaple play the same notes and licks in the same order its how you make it your own and uniqe is what makes you good, not just tech you ****in poser! :no:

fendrix420
09-29-2005, 11:47 PM
peaple like you are y you cant tell one new age metal song from the next

metaldier
09-29-2005, 11:49 PM
FP Will you give me head? na not really, post one of your videos

fendrix420
09-29-2005, 11:51 PM
ya ill post a vid after you get done bobbin your mom up. really

metaldier
09-29-2005, 11:52 PM
FP = Freepower

fendrix420
09-29-2005, 11:55 PM
ooops my messege was to pookoo

metaldier
09-29-2005, 11:56 PM
lol ok.. oi u post urs too PlelalEeaese

Freepower
09-30-2005, 04:30 AM
Lol, i'll post a vid when i get one off my gf (involving insane sweep madness ;) ) and maybe i'll actually record some chinese stuff for you guys. It'll be a while either way, and anyone here can tell you im not very impressive at all.

EDIT:

^ Hmm I'm curious...I hate to get off topic off of others people videos but...uh....

You can only have 3 octave scales/sweeps right, soo a 4octave one is impossible without a pinch harmonic?...or I think thats what I got out of that one discussion earlier in this thread....anyone wanna clear this up for me?

EDIT --> Directed to pookoo or whoever can answer my question =)

No, a FIVE octave one is impossible without a PH. 4 octave ones are easily doable with taps, and perhaps even easier to do without them.

Midnight 260
09-30-2005, 07:12 AM
well your the biggest let down to this colum. dont rip peaples licks off hopeing they become your own. sure its ok to play other peaples stuff to gain ideas and tips but you should play what comes to you. millions of peaple play the same notes and licks in the same order its how you make it your own and uniqe is what makes you good, not just tech you ****in poser! :no:

i take licks and expand on them and make them my own

Resiliance
09-30-2005, 07:16 AM

What's your problem?

Firstly, it ain't a column, secondly: you don't decide what's okay to play for others and what they should play, let alone call people posers.

Capiche?

paddyo
09-30-2005, 08:25 AM
Yeh, i forgot about the laugh bit...sorry. Im actually ashamed. :(

What happened was that you play exactly like a guy i know who's really arrogant and thinks hes the next malmsteen - i think i kinda carried over what i think of him. On the other hand, my crits were genuine, even if i was an asshole. Sorry man. :cheers:

Thanks for taking it relatively well and only calling me an uneducated fool. ;)

Now THATS the attitude i wanted to hear. :golfclap:

Thanks for all the sensible calm down comments lads. Id do the same for you. :cheers:

Thank God thats all cleared up! :cheers:. I'm currently researching adavanced sweeps and harmonic minor runs:p:. to be practiced an played cleanly (an a lot less pentatonic stuff) ;)

Freepower
09-30-2005, 08:57 AM
Ah, you dont need to stick to HM, id just learn the modes first, and then from there its not too complicated to make most alterations to the major scale.

PooKoo
09-30-2005, 02:33 PM
I never said to rip them off, but how can you learn if you dont learn others peoples stuff?
Dont take for the love of god note for note and play it in a song, but if you can expand on the licks in it and make them your own, youll grow a lot as a player.

^But i definantly second learning your modes, it really opened up the fretboard for me.

Freepower
09-30-2005, 03:16 PM
^ yup.

But i very very rarely learn other's licks, and tend to make up my own. Its slower than if you have just simple licks you adapt, but certainly allows you to express YOU better. I find.

PooKoo
09-30-2005, 04:03 PM
very true, but im still trying to get to my feet, considering im pretty much a guitar n00b

btw, i have a n00b sweep question.
Only one really bothering me is when a sweep seems to barre strings, like a F#maj(?) barre shape, i.e. jason becker

---------15-15h10------------------------------|
---------------------12-----------------------12-|
------------------------12-----------------12----|
---------------------------12-----------12-------|
------------------------------14-10-14----------|
----------------------------------------------------

do i barre or do i try to assign a finger or two to ever note? Fp please help me!

Freepower
09-30-2005, 04:20 PM
Barre and roll your finger so that only one note sounds at a time - theres a sweep on the end of this vid that should show you how to do it once you master...

C MAJOR.

http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1LOG9O1EXFX8O1HOVR6A3X3L9D

Freepower's guitar lesson for his gf - sweep at the end added on for pookoo, but its pretty **** as i was just arsing about and that sweep was on the start of the vid.

PooKoo
09-30-2005, 04:33 PM
alright, thanks a lot dude. thats kinda what i was doing actually, just ****tily.

loved the vid. You have a damn sexxy accent.

I wish i was irish...

Blackened-World
09-30-2005, 04:42 PM
very true, but im still trying to get to my feet, considering im pretty much a guitar n00b

btw, i have a n00b sweep question.
Only one really bothering me is when a sweep seems to barre strings, like a F#maj(?) barre shape, i.e. jason becker

---------15-15h10------------------------------|
---------------------12-----------------------12-|
------------------------12-----------------12----|
---------------------------12-----------12-------|
------------------------------14-10-14----------|
----------------------------------------------------

do i barre or do i try to assign a finger or two to ever note? Fp please help me!

i think thats Gmajor F# would be a fret below

Resiliance
09-30-2005, 05:15 PM
Barre and roll your finger so that only one note sounds at a time - theres a sweep on the end of this vid that should show you how to do it once you master...

C MAJOR.

http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1LOG9O1EXFX8O1HOVR6A3X3L9D

Freepower's guitar lesson for his gf - sweep at the end added on for pookoo, but its pretty **** as i was just arsing about and that sweep was on the start of the vid.

That video actually reminded me of Paul Gilbert and the wacky humor involved, especially around the 37 second mark :D

Your face too, strangely. Bastard. I WANT TO LOOK LIKE PAUL :mad:

Freepower
09-30-2005, 05:35 PM
^ hey, we arent all skinny and weird looking with strangely muscled hands and big fingers...

And pookoo, forgot to correct you on that, thats G major, if you know how A shape chords are rooted, thats an Amaj shape on the octave of the 3rd fret e string - G.

Thats how you could look at it. If you're going to learn to sweep, learn the theory involved (usually just chord construction and progressions) and use it. :)

PooKoo
09-30-2005, 05:45 PM
yeah, im actually studying theory religiously. Unfortuonately, ive now been studying theory religiously for about 2-3 weeks now.

but i mean, f# - g, one fret difference. Close right?

trust me, that was like a typo thing.

Midnight 260
09-30-2005, 06:00 PM
Freepower = a future paul gilbert but not as good, u have the voice almost lol and the humor

Erich yeung
10-01-2005, 03:44 AM
To FP: Digging the accent, man \m/.

flamencogod
10-01-2005, 03:51 AM
FP: sorry mate but if you make a video, why not make a great one?

public property
10-01-2005, 05:02 AM
^ I think it pnwed all other videos posted so far, the C is the hardest chord for any guitarist to master!

Freepower
10-01-2005, 06:34 AM
FP: sorry mate but if you make a video, why not make a great one?

This was just a random film that my gf made of me, it was never meant to be posted nor for anyone else to even see it - its a few months old as well, i sweep far better now.

If i make another one, it'll probably be a preformance of a typical freepower song. They're harder than they sound. ;) I got a chinese one lined up you guys will like, or i might just impersonate Vai.

PooKoo
10-01-2005, 06:45 AM
I vote chinese!

Beckerism
10-01-2005, 10:12 AM
I want to see some sweeps. :p:

Freepower
10-01-2005, 10:42 AM
^ i should never have said i sweep better now...

Ah, ok. I'll give you some sweeps. :)

oblique
10-01-2005, 12:49 PM
^ :haha That video is great. Best part is the expression on your face when you're demonstrating how difficult it is.

I wanna know how to play a c major. :(

Freepower
10-01-2005, 01:12 PM
Sorry, you're not hardcore enough.

I'll tell you what, if you can transcribe me an entire shawn lane song, play it to me perfectly at half again speed, i MIGHT consider you ready to learn...

C MAJOR.

Or you could look it up in a chord dictionary.

Beware though, it is only one of the

12 forbidden chords (not counting enharmonic equivalents)

PooKoo
10-01-2005, 02:48 PM
:haha :haha :haha :haha

Midnight 260
10-01-2005, 05:33 PM
http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3UAMWMWATJ0I0258I0R3V29RSV

ARPEGGIO MADNESS

PooKoo
10-01-2005, 05:57 PM
rad dude.

Midnight 260
10-01-2005, 06:00 PM
thanks, it aint nothing great though i'll warm up first next time.

Beckerism
10-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Not bad. Hopefully we get to see you play a song next time though. :p:

Midnight 260
10-01-2005, 07:29 PM
me and my friend are gona do an instrumental album like kinda Vai stuff. well him as an example. at his studio and stuff. then u'l get actual songs

Erich yeung
10-01-2005, 07:57 PM
Good stuff ^, Ill provide another vid soon enough

TheUltimateSin
10-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Nice work. It'd be great to see you have a go at a song next. If I may make a small request, the solo's from Mr Crowley so I may see them played by someone other than Randy and see the difference.

Midnight 260
10-01-2005, 08:10 PM
i cant get the 1st solo note for note so itd' be a variation on it lol

TheUltimateSin
10-01-2005, 08:32 PM
As long as it's recognizable I don't care. Especially after seeing that 13 year old kid murder "Eruption" *shudders* I couldn't even tell it was Eruption until the captioning at the end said it was.

So yeah, as long as I can tell....It'll still sound great I think

Erich yeung
10-01-2005, 08:38 PM
Yeah i know half of both solos so ill kinda wing the rest if you wanna hear it. Otherwise im gonna find another song to play.

TheUltimateSin
10-01-2005, 08:40 PM
Like I said *directs to post above*

Midnight 260
10-01-2005, 08:45 PM
god dnagitt i feel so stupid, that video i uploaded was the wrong one lol. i'll uplaod the one of me doin actual sweep stuff. lol

Midnight 260
10-01-2005, 08:49 PM
http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=039VHBQZTSSHG2Z40JX6VQ67VN

TheUltimateSin
10-01-2005, 08:55 PM
That was pretty good stuff. Much better than I can do right now.

Midnight 260
10-01-2005, 09:07 PM
That was pretty good stuff. Much better than I can do right now.

thanks again

TheUltimateSin
10-01-2005, 09:11 PM
But yeah, it would be great if I could see someone else perform those solo's. Because of my "disability" that I have dubbed "stupid fingers", I can't play such notes as fast as they are supposed to be :sad:

PooKoo
10-01-2005, 09:12 PM
once i get my camera back monday, ill record em for ya,

provided someone doesnt beat me to it.
Dont be surprised if i wank all over it though, i love improvising in d.

TheUltimateSin
10-01-2005, 09:18 PM
once i get my camera back monday, ill record em for ya,

provided someone doesnt beat me to it.
Dont be surprised if i wank all over it though, i love improvising in d.

Let me show you guys some insight as to the very worst anyone could be. The kid in this video is only 13, but he still murdered the song. No one could destroy a song as much as this kid. He had a few parts right, but over all he completely fudged it:

You may wish to cover your ears....then again, maybe not. Click Me! (http://www.compfused.com/directlink/212/)

I don't mean to be harsh, the kid did pretty well for his age area, but he picked the wrong song to have a go at.

Now, niether you, nor anyone I believe, can possibly "wank all over it" as much as that :D

Erich yeung
10-01-2005, 09:26 PM
Alright I just recorded it, I didnt really bother to learn the solos so, i listened to it a few times and figured out a bit of the solos. Most of it is improvisation. The Chords are wrong but i decided to play them too since it'd be boring with just like a 5 min solo.

http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2EWWWXGM2QG6824N487V5F6AR9

Midnight 260
10-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Let me show you guys some insight as to the very worst anyone could be. The kid in this video is only 13, but he still murdered the song. No one could destroy a song as much as this kid. He had a few parts right, but over all he completely fudged it:

You may wish to cover your ears....then again, maybe not. Click Me! (http://www.compfused.com/directlink/212/)

I don't mean to be harsh, the kid did pretty well for his age area, but he picked the wrong song to have a go at.

Now, niether you, nor anyone I believe, can possibly "wank all over it" as much as that :D

dear god i'm fifteen and i can do it a hell of a lot better than that. why am i not on a website

Erich yeung
10-01-2005, 09:40 PM
^Ditto. That kid was so bad and when the people were doing the im not worthy thing, I swear, I wanted just smash that jackson over that ****ers head. What a douche. Those notes were so unclean when he was trying to speed pick. Plus he studied at a school to be able to do that pfft what a waste of money. I bet you atleast 2/3s of us in the shred forum could annihilate him..........

TheUltimateSin
10-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Alright I just recorded it, I didnt really bother to learn the solos so, i listened to it a few times and figured out a bit of the solos. Most of it is improvisation. The Chords are wrong but i decided to play them too since it'd be boring with just like a 5 min solo.

Yeah, the chords were off some, but the actual solo's were really good.

TheUltimateSin
10-01-2005, 09:43 PM
^Ditto. That kid was so bad and when the people were doing the im not worthy thing, I swear, I wanted just smash that jackson over that ****ers head. What a douche. Those notes were so unclean when he was trying to speed pick. Plus he studied at a school to be able to do that pfft what a waste of money. I bet you atleast 2/3s of us in the shred forum could annihilate him..........

2/3's? No no.....pretty much anyone, except those of us who can't play fast. But even still, I may not be able to play fast, maybe 8-10 notes per second tops, but at least the sounds I make isn't the sound of glass being turned through a meat grinder

spee
10-01-2005, 09:46 PM

i agree with you also, he really kind of wanked over it, and it was unclean and not very impressive to me, im 13 (turning 14 in october) also, and i think he didnt do that great of a job, it was......wankage and didnt sound very good, even the tapping was unclean.

TheUltimateSin
10-01-2005, 09:52 PM
^^Exactly. My point has been made. With that video in mind, none of you should fear posting your own vids now. No one can ruin a song as bad as that kid, so you all feel free to go right ahead now :D

pepajaktbs2
10-01-2005, 10:28 PM
http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=34OSXPHWVGDS53TMLWPVTS6EA6

That video was made on my one year anniversary of playing the guitar. It's now been about 3 months since then and I can safely say if my past self and my present self got into a guitar duel somehow my present self would pwn my past self's ass.

Particularly in the blues improv and arpeggio sections.

Erich yeung
10-01-2005, 10:38 PM
^Thats pretty cool man. The arpeggios at the start are awesome. The runs are alright (need some speed!) but then again thats just me as i love runs haha. Diggin the effects too.

TheUltimateSin
10-01-2005, 11:26 PM
^Yes, that was pretty sweet. Nice work :golfclap:

bigwilliestyle
10-01-2005, 11:36 PM
Check this out guys..... total sweep shred wankage at it's best...... try and guess the song!

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2VMCZTGH89R5O317UTPR9N52NO

Witch-king
10-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Wow some great videos in this thread. Damn it I wanna get good!

edit:^is that what sweep picking is?

TheUltimateSin
10-01-2005, 11:49 PM
Check this out guys..... total sweep shred wankage at it's best...... try and guess the song!

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2VMCZTGH89R5O317UTPR9N52NO

Wow, that was freakin' great. As for the song, I haven't got a clue

GuitarN00b
10-01-2005, 11:49 PM
OO
that's a lot of notes.

bigwilliestyle
10-01-2005, 11:50 PM
^^Hotel Califonia ^^^yes

Witch-king
10-01-2005, 11:52 PM
Cool, now I know :D. Great job.

TheUltimateSin
10-01-2005, 11:55 PM
bigwilliestyle, I offer you a preposition. Would you like to take a shot at the Mr. Crowley solo's? Judging by the video above, it seems like you are more than capable. It's intersting to see how many people are able to replicate those solo's closely enough.

happyhomie123
10-02-2005, 09:13 AM
hotel california solo bigwillie?

Resiliance
10-02-2005, 09:27 AM

It'd sound alot better if you worked on your vibrato a little.

And you're not supposed to tap the beginning of the outro solo :p:

Erich yeung
10-02-2005, 10:30 AM
^My bad, Like i said i figured it out. Shows how good my ears are :D

To bigwillystyle, Good stuff man. Very nice sweeping. Lord knows if i'll ever be able to sweep song day :p:.

Beckerism
10-02-2005, 10:41 AM

Not bad. Work on the vibrato a big. Chords sucked but solo wasnt bad. :liplick:

metaldier
10-02-2005, 12:25 PM
http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=039VHBQZTSSHG2Z40JX6VQ67VN

haha i like when u got ur guitar and the cat went meow and bolted off :P

sixteen times
10-02-2005, 01:01 PM

Okay, I've been wondering about saying this for a while, because I know this will probably earn me a super-flame. Anyway here goes...

I don't get it... am I missing something here? Why do so many think Freepower is "fuckin' real good?" Sure, he's original, but everything I've heard, which to my knowledge is everything Freepower has posted... has been... well... slop ( :( ), and yet, I know Freepower, along with many other informed players will call anything that isn't clean worthless. I don't really know where this is going right now... I guess I'll just give up and go find my flame-resistant suit. :(

P.S. Freepower I love you.

Erich yeung
10-02-2005, 01:21 PM
Freepower isn't that good. Original, but not that good. Hes said so himself, hes really humble and never brags alot. (now he doesn't anyways *cough*im faster than petrucci*cough* ring a bell :D)
But yeah he is really humble and people like him because of his creativity and for being an all aound nice guy.

sixteen times
10-02-2005, 01:45 PM
Yup. Oh, I just watched you video and one thing annoyed me- use your pinky more!!!

I am a big believe in the Gilbert "1-finger-per-fret" rule.

Erich yeung
10-02-2005, 02:59 PM
^lol. Anywhere past the tenth fret its the big 3 all the way. Except with tapping and arps. Otherwise............3,3,3,3,3,3,3. :p: Anyways what did you think of it?

sixteen times
10-02-2005, 03:26 PM
I thought it was okay, nothing really more than cliche'd harmonic minor licks. *shrug*

But dammit!!! Your pinky was just sitting there being wasted!!! Wasted I tell you!!! :p:

My pinky finger is actually better than my ring finger now, for some reason... :confus:

Freepower
10-02-2005, 04:17 PM
Okay, I've been wondering about saying this for a while, because I know this will probably earn me a super-flame. Anyway here goes...

I don't get it... am I missing something here? Why do so many think Freepower is "fuckin' real good?" Sure, he's original, but everything I've heard, which to my knowledge is everything Freepower has posted... has been... well... slop ( :( ), and yet, I know Freepower, along with many other informed players will call anything that isn't clean worthless. I don't really know where this is going right now... I guess I'll just give up and go find my flame-resistant suit. :(

Thanks for the love comment man, much appreciated. :) (and stop worrying about the superflame stuff, what would i flame you with - "WELL IM SLOPPY AND **** YOU SO THERE!"? - i can handle the critisism, believe me.)

Anyhoo, better just address everything one at a time, least misunderstandings possible.

I don't get it... am I missing something here?

Nope. :p:

Why do so many think Freepower is "fuckin' real good?"

Apparently forum respect (assuming i have any) means that i can play well in some people's eyes. Not really, lol. SD can't play for **** last time i heard (no offense if you're reading this, you can probably out-compose me by a factor of 5000), and you'd find it hard to find a MT noob who wouldnt kiss his shoes, even though he himself has never claimed playing ability or any of that shizzle (nor did i with the petrucci thing, thats a long story that everyone's taken WAY out of proportion).

Basically, they think im good because people respect me.

Sure, he's original, but everything I've heard, which to my knowledge is everything Freepower has posted... has been... well... slop ( :( ), and yet, I know Freepower, along with many other informed players will call anything that isn't clean worthless.

This is something i understand completely seems very hypocritical, but my statement regarding my slop has always been that i dont care if i cant play it perfectly, if it's what im feeling, and i think it's a good take in terms of feel and i like the melodies ( i usually improv just about everything except a few main themes). Thats my statement regarding my music, i write so much that if i didnt record it before it was perfect i might not even remember it (it's happened before :( ). My music is a musical, occasionally an emotional, statement, not a technical one, there's not a recording on UG which shows my current technical ability by a long shot, nor will there be till im happy with making a technical statement i can back up at any time.

On the other hand - when someone posts this or that stating "let me tear it up" or "let me buzz/wank all over this BT" and the style of playing is obviously designed to be a technical show off piece, i will do what i did with paddyo - and it's what happened to me when i tried to do the same, and being cut down to my real size technically was a huge boon for me - in terms of how i write, in terms of how i practice, in terms of going out and finding out that im a nobody compared to so many, leads me to wanting to become a REAL somebody - im on a long mission currently for cleanliness, and im actually working at it.

But enough life story, when someone is obviously trying to show off and failing, you gotta just tell it to them straight. Imagine going along thinking you were a guitar virtuoso, an amazing local guitarist, when all you have is sloppy legato, piercing tone and no real playing ability? Some kids think that the minute they can hammeron in the pentatonic scale they're brilliant. I dont think so.

On the other hand, i know i can write a song, do it quickly and well (well, IMO, obviously), and make it interesting and original. Im happy with that, that's where i consider my skill to be, my technique has always come second to that, except right now.

Notice the sig - im proud of my originality, if someone said "OMG, free, awesome chops", it wouldnt be there, because it isnt true, and wont be for a while.

Jesus, im really going on about myself now, but i hope we're clear, yeh? Dont worry, i dont believe im brilliant and i've been freaked out by this bloody thread and all the "FP POST AN AWESOME SHRED VID" ****, its quite a relief to be able to go

IM NOT GOOD!

nice and loud, just saying,

MY TECHNIQUE IS MEASLY

or

I DONT WANT TO TRY AND PLAY FAST ON A VID BECAUSE I ****ING CANT YOU RETARDS.

That said, im not AWFUL, but you wont know how good i am till you meet me, and the answer, to the question "How much secret awesome technique do you have?" is

"A little."

Thanks. :) Means something that you can ask why people respect me and still respect me in the meantime. :)

Freepower
10-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Sure, he's original, but everything I've heard, which to my knowledge is everything Freepower has posted...

I had no idea you were a fan! *HUGE GRIN*. What do you think of my latest?

Freepower isn't that good. Original, but not that good. Hes said so himself, hes really humble and never brags alot. (now he doesn't anyways *cough*im faster than petrucci*cough* ring a bell :D)
But yeah he is really humble and people like him because of his creativity and for being an all aound nice guy.

Much appreciated....dont have much to say other than that. :o

Anything i can creativity or nice guy for you, just ask, yeh?

FINALLY -

My pinky finger is actually better than my ring finger now, for some reason... :confus:

Because your ring finger is the weakest, and if you dont stupidly try and stretch it to positions meant for your little finger, you'll find it gets less use than your little finger. I used to have that, spent a month+ working on it, now im fine, working on little finger conditioning.

Erich yeung
10-02-2005, 04:56 PM
I thought it was okay, nothing really more than cliche'd harmonic minor licks. *shrug*

But dammit!!! Your pinky was just sitting there being wasted!!! Wasted I tell you!!! :p:

Thats Funny as i was using Natural Minor and Dorian. No harmonic minor whatsoever............ But im sure you were testing me right :p:? (I do use alot of the same licks though :D)

Yeah about the pinky thing, I Have alot more manouevrability with just the 3. With 4 its sounds relatively the same but it tenses my hand up and just feels relativley clogged up :shrug: Mind you i can use my opinky just fine though just choose not to for the reasons above.

And to FP:keep on rockin

Freepower
10-02-2005, 04:59 PM
it tenses my hand up and just feels relativley clogged up :shrug:

Mind you i can use my opinky just fine though

Not fine. :no:

But keep rocking i shall. :)

paddyo
10-02-2005, 05:04 PM
On the other hand - when someone posts this or that stating "let me tear it up" or "let me buzz/wank all over this BT" and the style of playing is obviously designed to be a technical show off piece, i will do what i did with paddyo - and it's what happened to me when i tried to do the same, and being cut down to my real size technically was a huge boon for me - in terms of how i write, in terms of how i practice, in terms of going out and finding out that im a nobody compared to so many, leads me to wanting to become a REAL somebody - im on a long mission currently for cleanliness, and im actually working at it.

i think we're cool about the "incident" and ive since changed my ways(not totally of course) but if you were referring to me(which i cant help but think you are since you kinda use my name an all :p: ) i just want to make it clear that i said nothing along the lines of "im a ****in deadly shredder" in reference to my video...
just thought id make that clear so no one thought i was some cocky,sloppy(but not anymore:)) wanabe shredder. anyways peace and respect dude ;)

Erc
10-02-2005, 05:50 PM
*sigh* I'm hesitant to post this video among such uh much better guitarists then I am

But well I took a video of eruption, its sloppy as hell I am aware, and I **** up at the tapping at the end, but meh...here it is

http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3IOTBVYBH32C60UEDQLPXTMGL0

Enjoy...I've been playing for 7months now, and don't worry I'm working on cleaning that up a lot =)

EDIT --> The comment "i don't care anymore" at the end was uh because I had recorded like 3 previous eruptions and I had screwed up either in the beginning or tapping even worst, but uh yea....so i was like "**** it" =)

Beckerism
10-02-2005, 07:30 PM
Not bad. Keep workin at it. Tidy it up. :liplick:

Midnight 260
10-02-2005, 08:38 PM
*sigh* I'm hesitant to post this video among such uh much better guitarists then I am

But well I took a video of eruption, its sloppy as hell I am aware, and I **** up at the tapping at the end, but meh...here it is

http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3IOTBVYBH32C60UEDQLPXTMGL0

Enjoy...I've been playing for 7months now, and don't worry I'm working on cleaning that up a lot =)

EDIT --> The comment "i don't care anymore" at the end was uh because I had recorded like 3 previous eruptions and I had screwed up either in the beginning or tapping even worst, but uh yea....so i was like "**** it" =)

i'm inspiried *goes to record it*

Beckerism
10-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Please dont record another Eruption. I think we've all seen heard and seen it enough. Erc took the 1 per month slot. Maybe next time. :p:

bigwilliestyle
10-02-2005, 09:39 PM
heres some chill improv in Dm...... not amazing or anything, i think ill post an actual song next time

http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0UW2OAR4AVQDU24A5HC5XGDW85

Beckerism
10-02-2005, 11:20 PM
I liked it. Went well with the backing track. A bend seemed off near the begining, but other then that, nice. :)

Midnight 260
10-03-2005, 08:26 AM
yeah, to lazy to upload it

sixteen times
10-03-2005, 10:17 AM
Phew, FP didn't pwn me with some super-ultra-hyper-mega flame.

*wipes sweat off forehead*

:)

Freepower
10-03-2005, 11:57 AM
^ im almost flattered you think i could.

No, i just get angry sometimes, but only when i have a leg to stand on. :p:

I guess you understand everything i was saying and dont think im an arrogant **** of some sort who bashes shred noobs while noobing himself?

public property
10-03-2005, 12:06 PM
^ shutup noob, go back to the pop punk forum with MAB and satch! those two gave us no end of grief till we found out they were faking it.

sixteen times
10-03-2005, 12:53 PM
^ im almost flattered you think i could.

No, i just get angry sometimes, but only when i have a leg to stand on. :p:

I guess you understand everything i was saying and dont think im an arrogant **** of some sort who bashes shred noobs while noobing himself?

It's all good. :cheers:

Resiliance
10-03-2005, 12:53 PM
And don't come back!

Edit: I was kidding, come back :(

Freepower
10-03-2005, 02:50 PM
^ shutup noob, go back to the pop punk forum with MAB and satch! those two gave us no end of grief till we found out they were faking it.

Hey, at least i didnt steal off becker!

(lol, actually, if you look at that vid i posted, that's me trying to figure out the woody wood becker thing, i did steal from becker, im as low as a snakes arsehole...)

Archaon
10-03-2005, 03:31 PM
Someone earlier posted a link to that 13 year old **** totally butchering Eruption (which by the way is overplayed to death these days) and so I found out that he was part of this 'Rock School' along with many other kids, they made a movie out of it, a documentary. Not to be confused with School of Rock by the way.

Anyway, what really pissed me off is that on the main page of the website it shows a picture of him and when you move your mouse over him you see the following caption:

"CJ-
the future guitar god, who overcomes a disability to play at such an advanced he humbles even the most seasoned performers"

http://www.rockschoolthemovie.com/flashIndex.htm

Am I the only one pissed over that? Guitar God? When he misses every other note on eruption? Pathetic.
No doubt he's got some talent and will likely turn out to be good, but no where near a guitar god I'm afraid.

Erich yeung
10-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Yeah like i said ^ atleast 2/3s of us could pwn him easily. I know i could. I'm 14 one yeard older and started at 13 so there *sticks out tongue* :p: Yeah hes not good at all, for 13. Those ppl obviously have no ear for music.

Freepower
10-03-2005, 03:37 PM
I can pwn him and i suck. Nuff sed.

megakyle
10-03-2005, 03:55 PM
ahah freepower, loved the c major vid, lol!! erich i'm just about to watch yours and I'd love to post something up here very soon

Erich yeung
10-03-2005, 03:58 PM
Do it up man, I'd love to see somthin from you man.

megakyle
10-03-2005, 05:14 PM
i will, any suggestions of what i should play,

maybe...... i just might.......(inspirational music) ....play C MINOR!!!!!!!!!

but seriously what shall i play?

Erc
10-03-2005, 05:40 PM
Whoever is at that "rock school" sucks ass as a teacher.

Honestly I don't see the kid getting ANYWHERE. To start out sloppy as that at such a young age, his muscle memory is going to be ****ed and would take years of unlearning what he already learned...if he ever changes then we will see if he is dedicated to his insturment.

And if he doesn't...he'll just be another no-name sloppy player.

Erich yeung
10-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Yeah he is officially dubbed <CJ, KING OF SLOP>.

PS Kyle what did you think of my vid?

spee
10-03-2005, 09:29 PM
you know what, thats really bothering me now..... why the **** does he get to be in a ****in movie, when he cant even play eruption clean. i couldnt tell what song it was until the ****in tapping which was also butchered. the kid went to a ****in music school, to do that....

Erc
10-03-2005, 09:46 PM
Yea I know if they want a sloppy player why don't they take me over that lame ass kid so I can be in a movie and have a better chance of becoming remotely sucessful =(

I'm bitter.

Midnight 260
10-03-2005, 10:10 PM
i will, any suggestions of what i should play,

maybe...... i just might.......(inspirational music) ....play C MINOR!!!!!!!!!

but seriously what shall i play?

BE HARDCORE DO C#MINOR!

megakyle
10-03-2005, 10:39 PM
**** i mean c major!! and erich i thought the intro was damn hilarious

Erich yeung
10-03-2005, 10:45 PM
^Thanks man :p:, Yeah i got my own pyro show going.

Yeah that CJ kid is gonna get it some day. Someone is gonna show him how to actually play guitar and he will realize how ridiculously stupid everyone is. Its completely true though. I mean now a days ppl are impressed by anything. There is this guy at my school impressing everyone with greenday. Than he does a little pentatonic solo at like beginners speed, and everyone goes "OMG hes soo good, thats not even in the song, he just made it up! He;s gonna be famous!" . Man, i really wish i went into that comp just to pwn his ass 9 times over. But yeah im sure you guys have had the same crap ass ppl say stuff like that. Btw when are you gonna pst your vid kyle?

Resiliance
10-04-2005, 10:37 AM
The CJ thing is just marketing, get over it, they don't actually think he's good, they just want you to.

"Why does he get a movie and I don't, I pwn him!"

Stop it.

It's obviously for newbie little kids, so why are you guys acting so jealous :p:

Archaon
10-04-2005, 10:58 AM
^Thanks man :p:, Yeah i got my own pyro show going.

Yeah that CJ kid is gonna get it some day. Someone is gonna show him how to actually play guitar and he will realize how ridiculously stupid everyone is. Its completely true though. I mean now a days ppl are impressed by anything. There is this guy at my school impressing everyone with greenday. Than he does a little pentatonic solo at like beginners speed, and everyone goes "OMG hes soo good, thats not even in the song, he just made it up! He;s gonna be famous!" . Man, i really wish i went into that comp just to pwn his ass 9 times over. But yeah im sure you guys have had the same crap ass ppl say stuff like that. Btw when are you gonna pst your vid kyle?

lol, Erich my metal brother (yes we are all brothers of metal) those were some awsome pyrotechnics, better than the ones Megadeth had at Gigantour (no I'm kidding), with that aside I have to say I know exactly how you feel.

Last august my school had a talent show and there were these kids who did a collaboration of Smells like Teen Spirit, Enter Sandman, and some stupid song. They only did the main riffs and the solo for Smells like teen spirit, and yet, the people thought they were so good. The thing is, I was at the time SO much better than them but I was like "I'm not good enough for the talent show yet". Big mistake on my part. I felt like beating the **** out of them, but I was controlling the spotlight for the show and my other friend was doing the headlights with all the colors and everything so I told him to give them crappy lights (he gave them something like pink and purple) and I made the spotlight pink haha, it was kinda funny. We had these headsets so we could communicate with eachother, it was cool.

Damn I went on too much. Anyway, point is this year I'm gonna show up those grade 11 faggots (im in 12) hopefully by playing something by CoB, was thinking bed of razors, another song would be nice too, i'm open for suggestion.
I also plan on performing Eugene's Trick Bag, I almost got that down except for the last note so I'm gonna either have to set the notes lower by a few frets or tune the guitar higher. :\

So does anyone else have stories of guitar newbs in their schools?

Freepower
10-04-2005, 11:48 AM
^ everyone in my school is a guitar noob, i pwn them all by a factor of 50 and they all think im awesome. :rolleyes:

Now, can we get back to discussing vids of UG shredders?

Public Property, how about a preformance of an entire original? It'd be brilliant, you sound like you have interesting ideas, i know i for one would find it inspiring. :)

sixteen times
10-04-2005, 12:32 PM
Any luck with finding a cheap video camera, Resi?

Resiliance
10-04-2005, 02:00 PM
^Bleh, the ****ers are more expensive than I thought... And I still need to recieve my last month's payment.

Erich yeung
10-04-2005, 02:08 PM
^ That sucks, would love to see somthin from you. I might put up another vid soon but i dopnt know what to do........

Mascot
10-04-2005, 10:50 PM
I'd like to see something from Resi also.

I always imagine looking really evil, due to his avatar.

And bigwilly, that guitar looks like my Epiphone Special II. :haha I hope it isn't, or else I have no excuse for sucking.

PooKoo
10-06-2005, 02:21 PM
any requests? Ive finally got my camera back.

metaldier
10-06-2005, 02:29 PM
Some sweeps and shred

Axegrinder#9
10-06-2005, 03:05 PM

all of 'em at my school and most of the kids my age in my city and even older than me were n00bs when it came to shredding - I had a lotta fun methodically pwning them, and whaddya know, it's still the same in Ithaca, though I've seen some guys who're not bad

Blackened-World
10-06-2005, 03:16 PM
lets not get a big head now folks.

sixteen times
10-06-2005, 04:11 PM

Well, there was this one band preparing for battle of the bands a few months back. I went to see them rehearse beforehand, just out of curiosity.

They were running through some covers (you know the sort, Greenday, Nirvana etc.) and their guitarist had some low-end RG. I asked him if I could try it, to see how it compares to my RG (RG1570). I was just messing around playing random stuff, and then threw in some "crowd-pleasers" like Eugenes Trick Bag and Midnight. (Nothing special, I know, but to a guitar noob- highly impressive :p:.)

The band, after seeing me play decided they would pull out of this battle of the bands because they thought I was entering ( :rolleyes: I know), but after telling them I wasn't they were like "omg can you like join our band and stuff?", needless to say, I didn't.

They won battle of the bands that year. :mad:

One of these days I'm really gonna have to enter...

Freepower
10-06-2005, 04:48 PM
PooKoo - hows about boston rain melody? :)

PooKoo
10-06-2005, 04:54 PM
^^ no ****, heh.. Ill post something sometime

that was to sweeps and shred dude. I dont know most of boston rain melody, but if i find a bt ill jam over it or something. How bout that?

Freepower
10-06-2005, 04:58 PM
^ brilliant. I love jamming over that, the notes are spaced so perfectly that if you phrase it right, its divine, you phrase it bad, its awful. Humbling and a learning experience.

Archaon
10-06-2005, 05:24 PM
Well, there was this one band preparing for battle of the bands a few months back. I went to see them rehearse beforehand, just out of curiosity.

They were running through some covers (you know the sort, Greenday, Nirvana etc.) and their guitarist had some low-end RG. I asked him if I could try it, to see how it compares to my RG (RG1570). I was just messing around playing random stuff, and then threw in some "crowd-pleasers" like Eugenes Trick Bag and Midnight. (Nothing special, I know, but to a guitar noob- highly impressive :p:.)

The band, after seeing me play decided they would pull out of this battle of the bands because they thought I was entering ( :rolleyes: I know), but after telling them I wasn't they were like "omg can you like join our band and stuff?", needless to say, I didn't.

They won battle of the bands that year. :mad:

One of these days I'm really gonna have to enter...

Grr, I hate it when newbs win BOTB.
You should have entered and showed them up, I'm doing it this year for sure. It's kinda sad though since I'm the second best guitarist in the school (the best being my friend but he's been playing like 3 years longer than me and I've barely hit 2 years yet but some people say I match him). I'm no where near good, but to see the ****ty players get a good response I will probably get a much better one :\

Ah well. Cheers.

PooKoo
10-06-2005, 06:42 PM
yes, im almost apprehensive to post it, but promise you wont be too hard?
just rip me a new asshole and leave me bleeding, but at least lemme get back on my feet as a stronger player

Freepower
10-07-2005, 02:29 AM
^ sure, ripping construtive critisism assholes is what i do best. :)

public property
10-07-2005, 07:58 AM
http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=22G4G8M1XNXV113MVP7NQ185KR

^ Me playing the arpeggio section of eugenes trip bag, i'm such a wanna be shredder :(

Beckerism
10-07-2005, 08:53 AM

^ Me playing the arpeggio section of eugenes trip bag, i'm such a wanna be shredder :(

Good Stuff! Clean and everything. Last note seems like the e 16 was ghosted though. :p:

Erich yeung
10-07-2005, 09:14 AM
Yeah that was very good man, Very clean very precise. That pwns me in that atleast haha:p:. Good stuff keep it comin. Yeah i might do Boston Rain melody as well cause i already know alot of it we'll see. The only problem is my phrasing is **** so *shrug* i dont know.

public property
10-07-2005, 09:44 AM
It wasn't that great I didn't think, but thanks. If I get it down properly I'll re post it, but that'll only be if I perfect it.

Freepower
10-07-2005, 03:51 PM
^ nearly perfect, liked it. :)

Archaon
10-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Hey man, very well done on ETB, but a few things:

1) Played a little faster than it should be played, that's not a bad thing though :P
2) Messed up one or two notes, but it's forgiven because that was still sweet.

I've gotten so much better at ETB since I recorded it like a month or so ago. If I can get my vid camera and a program that will allow me to put it on the computer I'll post it.

Once again, nicely done.

Resiliance
10-07-2005, 05:57 PM
Hmm... I noticed you speed up a bit on the notes on the unwound strings :o

Some unclear sounding notes there ;)

Erc
10-07-2005, 11:00 PM

That right there was pretty sweet and your JEM is really pretty =)

Freepower
10-08-2005, 05:03 AM
Hmm... I noticed you speed up a bit on the notes on the unwound strings :o

But that just sounds so cool....

dududududauDAHDAHadahdahahaha....Soaring arpeggios need an emphasis at their climax, methinks. *shrug*

Not to say he shouldnt notice he was doing it, i notice that i do.

Resiliance
10-08-2005, 05:32 AM
^What I mean is he's sloppier on the speeding up part than the regular part.

public property
10-08-2005, 05:53 AM
1. I think, since listening to the arpeggios thats actually how their played, not strictly at a set tempo
2. I still didn't mean to do it...
3. I've nearly perfected it, next time I'll post the whole thing, not just the arpeggios.

Freepower
10-08-2005, 06:21 AM
1. Yup, i thought so too.
2. Fair nuff, now you know. :cheers:
3. Sounds great, i cant play it. :(

MankiiKing
10-08-2005, 06:28 AM

That's good, sounds almost excactly like the original. :eek: *goes to practice that tune*

Archaon
10-08-2005, 10:36 AM
3. Sounds great, i cant play it. :(

Wow are you serious? I've almost got it down now and you're probably 10x better than me. It takes a while to get it so I'm sure you could nail it after a week or 2, where it took me nearly a month and a half

Midnight 260
10-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Wow are you serious? I've almost got it down now and you're probably 10x better than me. It takes a while to get it so I'm sure you could nail it after a week or 2, where it took me nearly a month and a half

thats gotta suck if freepowers ten times better than u :D

Freepower
10-08-2005, 12:30 PM
I never really tried to learn it, true, but i cant play it. Doubt im 10x better than you, but you can check the music in my sig and find out for sure. :)

adam02
10-08-2005, 08:51 PM
^ freepower any chance in puttin that C major vid back up...its expired :(.

P.S i bet my northern irish accent is far sexier than urs ;)

public property
10-09-2005, 07:33 AM
Dude, where did you get your avatar from!?!?!?!?!?!!

A friend of mine took that picture :D

Archaon
10-09-2005, 10:25 AM
I never really tried to learn it, true, but i cant play it. Doubt im 10x better than you, but you can check the music in my sig and find out for sure. :)

Alright, maybe not 10x better than me, but still better :P
How long have you been playing anyway?

Freepower
10-09-2005, 01:07 PM
2 years, and i guess if there's demand for the C major thing, i'll get round to putting it up sometime.

TheUltimateSin
10-09-2005, 02:33 PM
No, this is not me, but I do know this guy and he pretty much pwns my ass into the ground Click Me And Watch! (mms://nhnext.hvod.nefficient.co.kr/nhnext/nhnsupport/naverboom/0905_best_JerryC-CR.wmv) (only those with Windows Media Player)

I think it sounds awesome and that he did a great job, what about you guys?

adam02
10-09-2005, 02:35 PM
^ ownage..

Archaon
10-09-2005, 04:13 PM
No, this is not me, but I do know this guy and he pretty much pwns my ass into the ground Click Me And Watch! (mms://nhnext.hvod.nefficient.co.kr/nhnext/nhnsupport/naverboom/0905_best_JerryC-CR.wmv) (only those with Windows Media Player)

Yea...I saw that video on a website before.
I have trouble believing you know him though, no offense, just seems kind of like a coincedence lol :P

And yea, he does own.

GibsonSGSupreme
10-09-2005, 04:32 PM
can someone tab that out lol. i ahve one of me playin no boundaries but i can't figure out how to make a link. can someone tell me?

Witch-king
10-09-2005, 04:41 PM

That was unreal. :cheers:

adam02
10-09-2005, 04:51 PM
can someone tab that out lol. i ahve one of me playin no boundaries but i can't figure out how to make a link. can someone tell me?

www.yousendit.com

oR. if u have Dmusic. you can upload it there. that way it will never expire.

GibsonSGSupreme
10-09-2005, 05:18 PM
thanks now lemme find it...... um and again could someone tab that out.......i gotta track this thing down so it should be on here by tomorrow (me playin no boundaries).

PooKoo
10-09-2005, 05:20 PM
That again?

yeah its really cool, ill put up something new soon enough.

GibsonSGSupreme
10-09-2005, 05:32 PM
ok guys turns out the recording was lost when my hard drive crashed and i let my girlfriend borry the camera. i ahve to re do it so wendsday at the latest

TheUltimateSin
10-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Yea...I saw that video on a website before.
I have trouble believing you know him though, no offense, just seems kind of like a coincedence lol :P

And yea, he does own.

That's cool. When I say I "know" him, I don't mean we're like close friends or anything if that what it seemed I implied. That'd be like me saying I was best friends with Randy Rhoads(no matter how much I'd like to have been :sad: ). I'd kill to be buds with someone that good.

Mascot
10-09-2005, 10:57 PM
I never thought that 'Canon Rock' thing was that great. IMO, he's over-rated on a playing aspect, tone aspect, and his, uhh, asian-ness.

There was a thread about him in EG once, I believe, and the fact that he's asian was brought up, like, 50 times.

HomerHitter
10-09-2005, 11:52 PM

Amazing. WHat song is that?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm retarded

Where can I get a tab/power tab for that?

Archaon
10-10-2005, 08:43 AM
We've got a guitar pro tab of that on this site. Search Canon Rock

sixteen times
10-10-2005, 10:22 AM
2 years, and i guess if there's demand for the C major thing, i'll get round to putting it up sometime.

We want the C major video!!! Wooooo :D

:p:

HomerHitter
10-10-2005, 11:16 AM
We've got a guitar pro tab of that on this site. Search Canon Rock

Thanks, but I have no idea how to use Guitar Pro

GibsonSGSupreme
10-10-2005, 12:09 PM
guitar pro costs money man and some of us are short on it lol. is there a text or powertab?

adam02
10-10-2005, 12:37 PM
^ ffs GibsonSGsupreme you have posted 5 times with no vid of u playing "no boundaries". when are u doin it.

GibsonSGSupreme
10-10-2005, 12:40 PM
when i get the videocamera back from my girlfriend.

Freepower
10-10-2005, 12:49 PM
We want the C major video!!! Wooooo :D

:p:

Ah, hell, after that "i love you freepower" comment, i did this just for you! (and that other guy who doesnt love me)

http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3VE6K8RR57BFJ2L5QARED7BHOP

public property
10-10-2005, 12:54 PM
http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=37VT7FRRTNZPD25IUJM7S767SZ
Not a video, but a short composition.

Archaon
10-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Oooh, PP that was really great. Very emotional, loved it man.

Witch-king
10-10-2005, 05:01 PM
There was a thread about him in EG once, I believe, and the fact that he's asian was brought up, like, 50 times.

What does him being asian have anything to do with it? :confused: