S&L Contests: poll information *EVERYONE READ*

PDA

View Full Version : S&L Contests: poll information *EVERYONE READ*

jallas
09-28-2005, 08:54 AM
Okay, so, you're setting up a poll for a 1v1, or a competition eh?

You must click the "make this poll public" option. Must. If you don't, I may close your poll.

The reasoning behind this:

- Clicking this box means that people can see who voted what. So that means there will be NO CHEATING. Now, I don't believe, or I wouldn't want to believe ;), that anybody ehre would actually cheat jsut to win an S&L Comp, but unfortunately, the sad truth is that people would cheat just to win a 1v1 against some perosn on the net. I am pointing no fingers AT ALL. But with this option, it means that people cannot cheat. They cannot.

So yeah, you want to cheat? Go ahead, make the poll without checking this box. I'll just close your thread and you'll have to remake it checking the box. Just save both me and you some time please :D

Thank you.

:)

Final
09-28-2005, 11:27 AM
This is going to be so great. But I've got a question about it, do we still need to post in the thread and say which we voted for? I know that it'll show anyways, but I mean, would we need to do something like that to keep the thread bumped for more people to vote or does it get bumped each time somebody votes?

jallas
09-28-2005, 11:36 AM
Yep, post as well.

SilenceEvolves
09-28-2005, 12:58 PM
That's one of the main reasons I wanted the switch to VB3.

xArCaDiAx
09-28-2005, 02:26 PM
Though there has been only 2 instances that come to my mind...haha....Im glad :)

Lemon_Porter
10-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Ok im new here but i get the gist of the S & L contests what is the average age of writers on these any1 now? :D:

Final
10-01-2005, 05:11 PM
^Age range? Basically, the main regulars on here range from ages 14 - 21? Something like that.

But Alice, I have a question that has nothing to do with the polls whatsoever. If you start a one vs one with somebody at the end of the month, but the polls don't close until a couple days into a new month, does that one vs one count as one in the month you posted the thread or does it count as one in the month the polls closed? (i'm bad at wording things)

jallas
10-02-2005, 07:40 AM
Um... it counts as in the new month.

eg. you start one at the end of september, it finishes on 2nd Oct. it counts as an october one. i think. Eaglestations is like the man in charge of adding up totals though, you may wanna PM him and confirm or something :)

SilenceEvolves
10-02-2005, 09:22 AM
Though there has been only 2 instances that come to my mind...haha....Im glad :)

There have been many suspected instances that the opponents didn't decide to be too vocal about recently too. I can think of four or five cases in the last two months.

the_me_effect
02-18-2006, 04:27 AM
i know this might sound incredibly insipid but if i set up a 1 vs. 1 challenge, i have to set up a poll with both our entries/songs/poems and the voting options, right?

Junny
02-18-2006, 02:19 PM
^yeah.

make sure the voting is public too.

set a time limit (for the poll to close) that you both agree to, as well.

the_me_effect
02-18-2006, 08:36 PM
okay, thanks.

Blink90Bedford
02-20-2006, 02:36 PM
so how does this thing work? plz explain - ??? people post a comment saying they want a 'battle' with sum1, then sum1 accepts and the lyrics are shown as posts? all in one or separate??

FidoblinK
09-02-2006, 02:52 AM
how do you get boht songs into the one thread? do the people versin eacother set it up together sumhow or what?
or if i wana verse sum1 can i jsut make a thread with my song in it n then sum1 else adds theird in or sumthing?
ps. i have read all teh rules n stuf im still confused lol

frd_marshll
09-02-2006, 03:09 AM
you go into this thread http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250674

ask if anyone wants to do a 1v1 then one of you will pm the other there piece then they will set up the poll

metal-head-man
09-22-2006, 02:16 PM
im new so how do i start contests and stuff

#1 synth
09-22-2006, 04:51 PM
that has been answered multiple times... even in this thread!