How To Tune Your Guitar Down One Step

PDA

View Full Version : How To Tune Your Guitar Down One Step

gary19862k6
10-10-2005, 10:51 AM
To tune your guitar down one step, (asuming your guitar is tuned to standard tuning which is EADGBe) first of all, u tune the low E string down to D. To do this, wen your low string is tuned to E the A on that string is positioned at the fifth fret, to get to D, simply down tune the string until A is at the seventh fret, so the seventh fret will sound the same as the A string. Then simply hold down the fifth fret on your now low D string, and tune the next string to sound the same as the fifth fret on your low D string, and so on. For those of you who dont know this but, you hold the fifth fret on the Low string, then the next, then the next, then for the 4th string down u hold the 4th fret to choon the 5th string down, then back to holding the 5th fret again for the next one. Now, to tune your guitar bak up to normal Stanard tuning (EADGBE), (ur tuning being at DGCFAD), u hold the 2nd fret on the 2nd string down (G), which makes A, and u remember that on the Low D string the seventh fret is also A, so the 7th fret on the D string is the same as the 2nd fret on the G string, now simply uptune the Low D string until the A shifts back to the 5th fret, which u figure out by making sure it sounds the same as 2nd fret on the G string, now ur Low D string is now back to E. Now simply hold fifth fret of the Low E and make the next string down sound the same, and so on, and ur tuning will now b back to standard tuning.

Hope this helps u people out ther! :cool:

Gary!

Rankles
10-10-2005, 10:57 AM
There's not really anything here that isn't in other articles on tuning I'm afraid.

If you'd like to do an article on different tunings then be by guest but a paragraph on one tuning, which is quite confusingly written, i'm afraid it's not really a good article.

Let me know if you have any more ideas.

EDIT - Spelling etc is poor as well... I don't want to discourage but please check stickys on how to write columns.