How do you make that high pitch quitar noise?

PDA

View Full Version : How do you make that high pitch quitar noise?

J6strings21fret
10-14-2005, 01:53 PM
In some songs this is considered the intro or the where the guitars come in right after. It sounds like the volume is turned up so high it just makes that noise...an example is at the end of AFI's "The Leaving Song PT. II" but is only in the music video when he drops the mic. This sound is kinda like like that but with the guitar. If anyone what im talking about and knows how to make it please tell......1 cookie per respond!

Andrew Zara
10-14-2005, 01:57 PM
Maybe Pinched Harmonics?I'm not too familiar with AFI so that may not be correct.Give me another example.

im-dizzy
10-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Sorta like the into to "Hand Of Blood", or what James does during "Enter Sandman" live during the outro bit? I just have gain high and have the guitar close to the amp. Also works best when you use the bridge pickup with the tone on full.

hammett11
10-14-2005, 01:59 PM
a pinch (touch) harmonic or maybe artificial

J6strings21fret
10-14-2005, 01:59 PM
"Me and my old Lady" The Offspring

In the begininng

rider-in-black
10-14-2005, 02:05 PM
in leaving song part 2 thats a octave distortion he uses it takes the origonal sound and makes it an octave higher and he taps the intro so it sounds really high pitch and squeally

xxgenocide98xx
10-14-2005, 02:05 PM
or he could be talking about feedback as well.

Greenfinger182
10-14-2005, 02:10 PM
Are you talking about feedback? I thought that's what I remembered at teh end of the Leaving Song Part 2. Feedback is when guitar stops and then suddenly a high pitch noise starts, usually quitly, then slowly builds until it gets very loud. Is this what you're talking about?

If it is, to get feedback, simply do the following. Turn your guitar to distorsion (it MUSt be on distortion), turn the volume up (crank that sucka!), and especially turn you're gain up. Gain is the key to good feeback.

By placing your guitar very close to the amplifier AND NOT HOLDING ANY STRING (the strings are like what they're like when you're not playing. Just there and not puched on at all), slowly you will start to hear feedback coming. Once you hear it start coming, just maintain the possition you have on your guitar and it'll grow more and more until it is almost unbearably loud. Usually when it gets to this stage, you'll want to strum a chord and abruptly stop.

Most guitarists know about feedback, which is why this question seemed sorta weird to me, but thinking back on "The Leaving Song Part 2", I'm almost sure I remember feedback at the end. Try it out and see if that's what you mean.

im-dizzy
10-14-2005, 02:12 PM
It sounds like hes talking bout feedback, but not sure. Can't think of any good examples, apart from the ones I said earlier.

J6strings21fret
10-14-2005, 02:13 PM
yes that what some called it....sometimes it makes a good intro

J6strings21fret
10-14-2005, 02:13 PM
usually feedback is bad but now how do i get it..........not static

Bulletbass man
10-14-2005, 02:20 PM
feedback, harmonics, and a certain way to palmute

maggot4life
10-14-2005, 02:30 PM
Are you talking about feedback? I thought that's what I remembered at teh end of the Leaving Song Part 2. Feedback is when guitar stops and then suddenly a high pitch noise starts, usually quitly, then slowly builds until it gets very loud. Is this what you're talking about?

If it is, to get feedback, simply do the following. Turn your guitar to distorsion (it MUSt be on distortion), turn the volume up (crank that sucka!), and especially turn you're gain up. Gain is the key to good feeback.

By placing your guitar very close to the amplifier AND NOT HOLDING ANY STRING (the strings are like what they're like when you're not playing. Just there and not puched on at all), slowly you will start to hear feedback coming. Once you hear it start coming, just maintain the possition you have on your guitar and it'll grow more and more until it is almost unbearably loud. Usually when it gets to this stage, you'll want to strum a chord and abruptly stop.

Most guitarists know about feedback, which is why this question seemed sorta weird to me, but thinking back on "The Leaving Song Part 2", I'm almost sure I remember feedback at the end. Try it out and see if that's what you mean.

dont you need reverb too for that?

Mr_Hyde
10-14-2005, 02:46 PM
feedback.....put your guitar as close as you can to the amp speaker with alot of gain.....or if it was while he was playing then that would be a pinch harmonic...youll find a lesson on them somewhere here

Mr_Hyde
10-14-2005, 02:48 PM
^no you dont need reverb....though it would propberly make a more distinctive feedback

J6strings21fret
10-14-2005, 04:37 PM
u that sound when u get a mic and drop it or in movies when some idiot goes "is this thing on" and a whoooop noise comes out its not exactly feedback. Another example is "I know you know" Taking Back Sunday right b4 the bridge when he's saying "Stop everything, start it all over" in the backround listen.

J6strings21fret
10-14-2005, 04:40 PM
o yes who ever gave me that long thing on feed back thank you so much because that is exactly it....it takes liek a second but it works....I didnt turn up the volume cause im not alone and little babies are in the house but when they r gone i will deffenitly try it!!

SilentDeftone
10-14-2005, 08:07 PM
:no: Stop double-posting!

And yes, it sounds like you're talking about feedback to me.

-SD :dance:

crazee201
10-15-2005, 01:00 AM
it could be either feedback (like at the end of Heart shaped box by Nirvana), or Pinch harmonics (down with the sickness by disturbed)

pokescab
10-15-2005, 02:17 AM
id say its definitley feedback, and your guitar doesnt need to be distorted to create feedback. It may take longer undidtorted but it still works...

ElDiablox
10-15-2005, 02:35 AM
a pinch (touch) harmonic or maybe artificial

pinch = artificial

touch = natural(ish)

J6strings21fret
10-15-2005, 07:56 AM
id say its definitley feedback, and your guitar doesnt need to be distorted to create feedback. It may take longer undidtorted but it still works...

But its better with gain up.