Best guitars $1000-$2000

PDA

View Full Version : Best guitars $1000-$2000

tenchu_11
10-19-2005, 09:50 PM
A certain retailer has a sale on guitars (can't advertize). So no payments for one year and no interist till 0ctober 06. So i was wondering if a gibson would be the best bet, they are around $1500. Any tips on which gibsons are best or which guitars are also good around that price range.

ChurchNSkate
10-19-2005, 10:00 PM
If you like classic rock, then get a Gibson. Get the highest end one that still sounds good. If that's possible, for a Gibson, at least ;-)

I would actually suggest a JEM, but whatever.
Or an EB/MM John Petrucci model. They kick ass.

BlinkBlinkBlink
10-19-2005, 10:02 PM
^ebmm john petrucci- great guitar hands down the best guitar outta ebmm. vicously beats down any gibson guitar.

GBMan
10-19-2005, 10:04 PM
The EB/MM Petrucci is THE best stock guitar you can buy...give me anything else, and I will customize the hell out of it.

ark
10-19-2005, 10:06 PM
if youre asking whats the best guitar from 1000 to 2000 dollars, then you shouldnt be looking into a guitar that price. Seriously, Gibson is not better than Fender, Fender is not better than ibanez, and so on and so forth...maybe you should figure out what kind of sound and feel you like first, then start looking at the price tags. Chances are youll buy a guitar that youre not too comfortable with and then youll have to put up with it cuase you shelled out a good 2 gs on it. In, that price range, it hsoudl be more about the type of sound and type of feel, so go out and try some guitars, everyoen here will jsut give you personal opinions....and gibson isnt just for classic rock, lots of classic bands used telecasters as well adn those are totally opposite the spectrum of gibsons pretty much...dont listen to them..booyah,

Preid
10-19-2005, 10:25 PM
^sod them, go nuts :D

tenchu_11
10-20-2005, 01:00 AM
Well I like the look and feel of les pauls i owned a epiphone les paul. I'd like to get a better quealety guitar. I've heard alot of good things about gibson so i wanted to know what your guys opinion was. I like gibson because of their humbucklers that give a creamier sound than fenders mechanical sound. But now i'm stuck between the SG 61 reissue or lp 60's neck. Unless you know of any better guitars.....by the way i'm sad to say i've never heard any of John Petrucci song, but jimmy page being my favorite guitar player use gibsons so thats why gibsons are my first choice. (and for all those fenders fans i know he used a 1950's stratocaster)

Dave_Mc
10-20-2005, 06:03 AM
what amp do you have?

what kind of music do you want to play?