Californication (Red Hot Chili Peppers Cover)

PDA

View Full Version : Californication (Red Hot Chili Peppers Cover)

elementwood89
10-28-2005, 07:35 PM
This is a full cover done by moi'. I did the bass, the guitar, the vocals, and even a little harmonica. The drums are a loop I made in Cakewalk. This is one of my first covers I've put out, and hopefully I'll put a lot more.

http://kelele.dmusic.com/

Theres also a cover of Mayonaise by Smashing Pumpkins on there, check it out if your a pumpkins fan. Looking forward to whatever feedback/criticism.

thekevinfoltmer
10-28-2005, 07:42 PM
i like it.

thekevinfoltmer
10-28-2005, 07:43 PM
( the smashing pumpkins one) the other ones not there?

Nirvana101
10-28-2005, 07:53 PM
work on your singing. hahahahahaha it sounds hilarious

elementwood89
10-28-2005, 07:57 PM
I just re-uploaded the chili peppers song, and yeah I know I'm not the best singer in the world, but I hate it when people just post the song without vocals. I'm recording Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay and hopefully uploading it tomorrow, thanks for the feedback.

TimiHendrix33
10-28-2005, 07:59 PM
Good song.Work on the singing.You sorta sound like a robot.No offense. Put a little more emotion in it. 8 outta 10.

Kartman
10-28-2005, 08:01 PM
guitar sounds a little out-of-tune.

That_Pink_Queen
10-29-2005, 12:27 AM
Guitar sounded just a tiny bit out of tune. Otherwise. Drums were pretty good. Vocals were ok, you just need to be more confident, you just sound kinda shy and this ruins the effect. Put some feeling into it.

Not bad though, nicce harmonica.

rocker_dude_77
10-29-2005, 09:40 PM
that wasn't bad at all but the guitar at the beginning sounded a little choppy try to play it a little smoother i think the tempo was to fast anyway...umm your singing wasn't bad but it sounded to me like you sang it a lot lower than the actual song so if you can try singing it higher. also the drums could be a bit louder
hey if you don't mind would you crit mine its Here (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275258)

TheEndHasNoEnd
10-30-2005, 11:00 AM
not bad, tempo seemed a tad fast. bass needs work, it's not smooth enough. vocals weren't too bad, just try going for it a little more.harmonica was a nice touch. guitar was pretty good, solo hmmmmm needs a bit more practice maybe, get it flowing better.
good effort!
:cheers:

RHCP Guitar Guy
10-30-2005, 11:11 AM
The guitar is good, the vocals are O.k but maybe you should be a bit more confident like That_Pink_Queen said. But overall pretty good.

nice job

obliviousibanez
10-30-2005, 02:56 PM
Guitar sounded just a tiny bit out of tune. Otherwise. Drums were pretty good. Vocals were ok, you just need to be more confident, you just sound kinda shy and this ruins the effect. Put some feeling into it.

Not bad though, nicce harmonica.
thats what i thought

lp_guitar_girl
11-08-2005, 12:25 PM
guitar was good - chorus vocals def. best vocals bit and harmonica rocked (as much as a harmonica can :P) - and as everyone else said was a bit fast - if you get more confidence that will be near perfect - 7.5/10

Greenfinger182
11-08-2005, 03:01 PM
I liked it for the most part. Just the voice I didn't like. I've sung that song before, and I wish I would have sung it for this cover because the guitar was excelent. Like I said, voice was the only not-so-good part. A few times it sounded like you couldn't reach a low note, and like the other guy said, you sounded a bit like a robot.

Emotion is key in voice, and you seemed like you were talking the words sometimes.

sprkidjar
11-08-2005, 04:41 PM
Everything is ok, except for the singing. I dunno if I can even call it singing. It just sounds like you're talking.

Peaceful Rocker
11-08-2005, 05:37 PM
atleast he didnt record just the guitar playing, I hate it when people do that. Your vocals wern't even that bad really, I kinda liked the chorus.. Sounded really different from the original, in a good way. The harmonica was ****ing incredible.. Overall, good cover.

SG_MANIAC
11-08-2005, 07:50 PM
let the main riff ring man let it goddamn ring!! otherwise great effort 8/10

JMack
11-08-2005, 08:27 PM
actually, i like the vocals. i really like your voice. it sounds like the kind of music you listen to on a rainy saturday winter night, :) the guitar was pretty good, and the loop is good as well.

Travis^Co
11-09-2005, 12:38 AM
The pumpkins do Mayonaise half a step down but you seem to have done it in Standard. The intro was a little bit choppy but it improved. I was hoping it would be electric to see if you could master that feed back after the E chord. Your vocals were different but not bad at all. If you still have the drum track for it I wouldnt mind it for my cover, just pm me if you feel like sending it or just reply in the thread. Overall good job.

DirtyDeeds26
11-09-2005, 09:34 PM
That wasn't too bad

7/10