using the c major scale to improve speed

PDA

View Full Version : using the c major scale to improve speed

epiplayer54
10-29-2005, 08:20 AM
ENTIRE THING keep your fingers in a CAGED PATTERN use the first finger for every note on the 7th fret second finger for every on the 8th and so on. This is called a four-frame because you stay in four frets on the fretboard.

O.k. this will help you become wicked fast. It helps for any style of music that you want to play fast.
First thing to do-
Know the major scale like the back of your hand. Now there's many of patterns to use to make the major scale but this is the easiest one and the the one people know most. This pattern can be used anywhere on the fretboard and would give you a major scale. The one I'm using is the C major scale because it has no sharps or flats. Oh, and really this is an extended version (the first 8 make up the scale which ends on the octave of the first root note, but this extends it to another octave). AND MOST IMPORTANTLY- alternate your pick strokes(up, down, up, down) from the very beggining.
e|---------------------------------7-8*-------------------------------------
B|----------------------------8-10-------------------------------------------
G|---------------------7-9-10------------------------------------------------
D|-------------7-9-10*-------------------------------------------------------
A|------7-8-10-------------------------------------------------------------
E|8*-10---------------------------------------------------------------------
*the C notes

O.k. now take a look at your practice time. In a perfect world it's be nice to practice this a good 20 minutes a day. START SLOW-don't try and do it as fast as you can the first time, you want this to be done perfect and i mean PERFECT.

Second thing to do-
O.k. at this point you should have it down as fast as you can. You do it flawlessly everytime. If you do it 1000 times----------*the C notes
ENJOY, you mess up once, if that. Here's where you make you're fretting hand not just you're picking hand. BUT, make sure your still alternating you're pick strokes. Oh and a last tip before you try this-if you're really commited to this you make practice this for hours.Hopefully so. but if you feel a sharp pain in either hand STOP PLAYING. Ice it down right away. Don't take a no pain no gain attidute because you could permanatly damage you're hand. Then you can't play at all. But, back to the lesson, this is the C major scale once again in sets of three. Here's what I mean.
e|---------------------------------------------------------------------------
B|-----------------------------------------------------------------8--8-10--
G|---------------------------------------------7---7-9-7-9-10-9-10--10-------
D|------------------------7--7-9-7-9-10*-9-10*--10*--------------------------
A|-----7--7-8-7-8-10-8-10--10------------------------------------------------
E|8*-10-10----------------------------------------------------------------

e|-----7--7-8*---------------------------------------------------------------
B|8-10--10-------------------------------------------------------------------
G|---------------------------------------------------------------------------
D|---------------------------------------------------------------------------
A|---------------------------------------------------------------------------
E|-----------------------------------------------------------------FOR THIS ENTIRE THING keep your fingers in a CAGED PATTERN use the first finger for every note on the 7th fret second finger for every on the 8th and so on. This is called a four-frame because you stay in four frets on the fretboard.

O.k. this will help you become wicked fast. It helps for any style of music that you want to play fast.
First thing to do-
Know the major scale like the back of your hand. Now there's many of patterns to use to make the major scale but this is the easiest one and the the one people know most. This pattern can be used anywhere on the fretboard and would give you a major scale. The one I'm using is the C major scale because it has no sharps or flats. Oh, and really this is an extended version (the first 8 make up the scale which ends on the octave of the first root note, but this extends it to another octave). AND MOST IMPORTANTLY- alternate your pick strokes(up, down, up, down) from the very beggining.
*the C notes

O.k. now take a look at your practice time. In a perfect world it's be nice to practice this a good 20 minutes a day. START SLOW-don't try and do it as fast as you can the first time, you want this to be done perfect and i mean PERFECT. -don't forget

ENJOY

RHCP Guitar Guy
10-29-2005, 08:43 AM
Pretty basic, but i liked it. I might give it a go.

EDIT: The first bit is the same as the last.

It should look like this:

ENTIRE THING keep your fingers in a CAGED PATTERN use the first finger for every note on the 7th fret second finger for every on the 8th and so on. This is called a four-frame because you stay in four frets on the fretboard.

First thing to do-
*the C notes

O.k. now take a look at your practice time. In a perfect world it's be nice to practice this a good 20 minutes a day. START SLOW-don't try and do it as fast as you can the first time, you want this to be done perfect and i mean PERFECT.

Second thing to do-
O.k. at this point you should have it down as fast as you can. You do it flawlessly everytime. If you do it 1000 times----------*the C notes
ENJOY, you mess up once, if that. Here's where you make you're fretting hand not just you're picking hand. BUT, make sure your still alternating you're pick strokes. Oh and a last tip before you try this-if you're really commited to this you make practice this for hours.Hopefully so. but if you feel a sharp pain in either hand STOP PLAYING. Ice it down right away. Don't take a no pain no gain attidute because you could permanatly damage you're hand. Then you can't play at all. But, back to the lesson, this is the C major scale once again in sets of three. Here's what I mean.
e|---------------------------------------------------------------------------
B|-----------------------------------------------------------------8--8-10--
G|---------------------------------------------7---7-9-7-9-10-9-10--10-------
D|------------------------7--7-9-7-9-10*-9-10*--10*--------------------------
A|-----7--7-8-7-8-10-8-10--10------------------------------------------------
E|8*-10-10----------------------------------------------------------------

e|-----7--7-8*---------------------------------------------------------------
B|8-10--10-------------------------------------------------------------------
G|---------------------------------------------------------------------------
D|---------------------------------------------------------------------------
A|---------------------------------------------------------------------------
E|-----------------------------------------------------------------