So, what is the Best Album The Beatles recorded?

PDA

View Full Version : So, what is the Best Album The Beatles recorded?

KingBrendan5149
11-07-2005, 10:54 PM
i' ve been giving this a lot of thought. i have it narrowed down to 5. Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, Revolver, The White Album, Abbey Road, and Rubber Soul. Out of those 2, i have narrowed it down to Sgt. Peppers and The White Album. I can't decide between those to, i really can't. Both of them are so good. But if a guy put a gun to my head and told me to choose one, i guess i would choose the White Album but it would only win by a tad.

so what do you all think is the Best Album The Beatles recorded?

(remember, not your favorite, but the best) :)

Bmm386
11-07-2005, 10:54 PM
Sgt Pepper.

SydBarretLives
11-07-2005, 11:07 PM
Sgt. Peppers or Abbey Road. Your top five are definitley there best five. I sadly dont own Abbey Road but will be getting it soon. I've listened to it before, but since I own Sgt. Peppers, I'll have to say that, though Abbey Road may be better. The White Album is great, there's just a lot of songs that aren't very great.

frippogenics
11-07-2005, 11:10 PM
I've played them all to death, literally to death, I don't listen to them much anymore. But I'd say the White Album.

Cirrus Minor
11-07-2005, 11:13 PM
I'll probably go with Abbey Road or Revolver. Their weakest effort was monumental for music though, so I could not contest any album mentioned.

AdayTripper
11-07-2005, 11:44 PM
I'll probably go with Abbey Road or Revolver. Their weakest effort was monumental for music though, so I could not contest any album mentioned.

Haha thats so true The Beatles are great, Revolver has my favorite songs but out of them all I have to say Abbey Road is were The Beatles were at their best.

Evil Kid 93
11-08-2005, 12:06 AM
Probably Sgt. Peppers. Out of the albums that I own anyway (everything from Rubber Soul onward except for Magical Mystery Tour), Sgt. Peppers is just the best one. It adds up so easily:

Concept album + Great songwriting + John Lennon being really ****ing high + Lots o' experimentation + One of George's crazy Indian-type songs + Ringo singing a song (and a damn good one at that) + The greatest Beatles song ever (A Day In The Life) + Enough innovation to once again change the course of pop music forever = The Best Album The Beatles Ever Recorded.

For me anyway, at least.

Sun King
11-08-2005, 01:00 AM
favorite: abbey road
best: white album
worst: let it be (they just werent together enough i think.)

jpburns88
11-08-2005, 01:07 AM
i think the coolest thing about your top five is that its almost like a personality test on which one is your favorite. If i get time, I might actually write some meaning to that.

Back to why we are here. My favorite is definitely the white album, but I'm going to have to say Revolver was their best album because it was the one that started it all. It tore down every preconceived notion of what rock music was, which is why the Beatles were so revolutionary at the time. The blended so many different styles of music on that album, and it still gives me chills everytime i hear it.
It's their best, but not my favorite. :peace:

Jesse Mrau
11-08-2005, 02:57 AM
My two favorite Beatles albums are Revolver and Rubber Soul. But there is not one Beatle recording that I have not liked. I have yet to come across a bad one, in other words..... The Beatles are the best band IMO. And although Let It Be is probably one of their more poor efforts as a group. (Still unbelieveably good), It is still my third favorite. Then it's Abbey Road, then Sgt Peppers. And just for the record, it was so close, I think I popped a vein thinking about it.

Sgt_Pepper27
11-08-2005, 03:43 AM
Sgt Peppers for its innovation but personally, my favourite is The White Album.

Diabolic Clown
11-08-2005, 07:37 AM
Sgt. Peppers or Abbey Road, although like everyone's said, it really is hard to choose a favourite.

sirpsycho85
11-08-2005, 07:41 AM
ranked:

Sgt. Pepper's
Revolver
Magical Mystery Tour
Rubber Soul
A Hard Day's Night
Abbey Road
Let It Be
Help!
With The Beatles
Please Please Me
White Album (i know, i know, i doubt anybody else here ranks it as low as i do)
Beatles For Sale
Yellow Submarine

but they're all great and i listen to them constantly

danocaster
11-08-2005, 08:09 AM
Tied for first - revolver/rubber soul
Tied for 2nd- sgt. pepper/the beatles/abbey road

Just call me Mr. Indecisive

coldethyl
11-08-2005, 10:11 AM
It's got to be Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band!

alex_haeni
11-08-2005, 03:28 PM
The white album.
A hard days night.

imdwalrus
11-08-2005, 04:43 PM
Definitely The White Album.

And A Hard Day's Night ought to be mentioned.

Uncle Salty
11-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Sgt Peppers is the best one I believe. The white album is great, but it is a bunch of tracks done by individual artists and doesn't seem like a beatles album.

ando3300
11-08-2005, 05:15 PM
1. The White Album
2. Abbey Road

Metdude711
11-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Abbey Road or Let it Be

VoodooChild15
11-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Abbey effing Road. Finest recording ever produced by any band, not just the Beatles.

AdayTripper
11-08-2005, 08:12 PM
Abbey effing Road. Finest recording ever produced by any band, not just the Beatles.

I am going to have to agree with you. :cheers:

JethroTullfan72
11-08-2005, 08:23 PM
This question is impossible. All of their albums are them at their best, and nothing less than that.

rayIII
04-11-2006, 09:20 PM
1. Revolver
2. White Album
3. Sgt. Peppers
4. Abbey Road
5. Magical Mystery Tour/Rubber Soul/A Hard Day's Nite/Help!/Beatles For Sale

*~honorable mentions: Meet The Beatles!, The Beatles' Second Album, Let It Be ~*
the only ones I don't like are the Yellow Submarine soundtrack and Please Please Me

lol today i was listening to Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da (loud as usual) and i got all these "wtf is that fruity-ass music" looks :D

AWA
04-11-2006, 10:56 PM
I like the white album, although there was alot of conflict between the members. It was just a pure musical orgasm.

Bmm386
04-11-2006, 11:37 PM
The first disc on the white album.

That or Sgt. Peppers.

barfy2000
04-11-2006, 11:49 PM
Well...depending on how you define best...

Sgt. Pepper's has been called the best album of all time...so I think that's it...

But my favourite is Revolver

sirpsycho85
04-12-2006, 12:49 AM
for my money, Sgt Pepper's. But they had too many sounds...I'll add A Hard Day's Night in because you can't think about the beatles just with their late sound.

rayIII
04-12-2006, 07:32 PM
hey... lol this is kinda irrelevant, but I can only get one CD... should I get Abbey Road or Magical Mystery Tour? (disregard my list)

KingBrendan5149
04-12-2006, 09:36 PM
^ get both, but get Abbey Road first.

sirpsycho85
04-13-2006, 12:29 AM
i'm partial to MMT but yeah abbey road should come first from an unbiased perspective.

mmonster
04-13-2006, 10:20 AM
they saved their best for last-Abbey Road

Nobody's Hero
04-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Best: White Album (if it hadn't been a double album it wouldn't have been as awesome thought)
Favorite: Abbey Road

A lot of ppl are gonna say Sgt. Peppers, but I just don't find that one nearly as appealing, except for all the songs near the end.

(and btw mmonster, let it be was their last album)

trey-col89
04-13-2006, 06:15 PM
Abbey Road

rayIII
04-13-2006, 06:16 PM
well... Abbey Road was the last one they recorded

KingBrendan5149
04-13-2006, 06:43 PM

Let it Be was the last one RELEASED. Abbey Road was the last one RECORDED.

hope that clears everything up.

Guns_41
04-16-2006, 03:55 PM
No one likes Rubber Soul !!!!

DeSean
04-16-2006, 04:20 PM
Abbey Road.

All closely following are White Album, Sgt. Pepper, Magical Mystery Tour, Please Please Me.

sirpsycho85
04-16-2006, 11:25 PM

everyone likes rubber soul lol. just maybe not as their favorite. the cream of the crop from rubber soul matches any of their other albums.

joshsirjoshules
04-17-2006, 08:36 AM
Actually, I don't think the White Album could be a contender for best Beatles album. It lacks focus, it works more as a John Lennon backed by group or Paul backed by group record than an actual band's record.

I'm gonna have to say Abbey Road because it was the happiest since it was the last one recorded. The last four songs on that album kill.

There are also a lot of great songs on Let It Be like "Two Of Us" "Get Back" and "One After 909."

Sgt_Pepper27
04-17-2006, 09:11 AM

:O How could you say such a thing too Rubber Soul, yet alone a Beatles Album!
Meh, Opinions.

Guns_41
04-17-2006, 10:16 AM
:O How could you say such a thing too Rubber Soul, yet alone a Beatles Album!
Meh, Opinions.
What I meant was, Rubber Soul is my favorite and no one else seems to like it :eek:

KingBrendan5149
04-17-2006, 11:29 AM
^ i like it, no i take that back.........I LOVE IT. they just have better albums IMO (like The White Album, Abbey Road, Revolver, and Sgt. Peppers).

botchlariot
04-17-2006, 12:33 PM
With The Beatles is definitely there best album, they were at the top of their game when they made that record, imo, i just don't think they ever topped it. I think the Beatles are overrated, if you guys wanna hear the real genious behind the beatles, just listen to Yoko Ono's solo albums, they are definitely superior to anything the Beatles ever wrote

Sgt_Pepper27
04-17-2006, 08:49 PM
What I meant was, Rubber Soul is my favorite and no one else seems to like it :eek:

Ohhhh sorry! Yeah Rubber Soul is my second favourite after The White Album :)

JethroTullfan72
04-17-2006, 10:17 PM
With The Beatles is definitely there best album, they were at the top of their game when they made that record, imo, i just don't think they ever topped it. I think the Beatles are overrated, if you guys wanna hear the real genious behind the beatles, just listen to Yoko Ono's solo albums, they are definitely superior to anything the Beatles ever wrote

I really hope that was a joke. Im thinking it is because Yoko Ono has absolutely no musical talent.
My favorite is definatley The White Album, its one of the greatest albums ever recorded.
But i also love every other beatle album, there is not one bad one.

Antroid
04-18-2006, 05:51 PM
My faveourites the LP: The white album....I ****ing LOVE IT..............

And then revolver and then Sgt. Pepper lol.

Antroid
04-18-2006, 06:49 PM
yeah, let it be's a very good album. I was going to say Abbey road at first but i like teh white album for some reason. I know what you mean though, it seams like an album full of tracks thatthey didnt have the oppertunity to use on other albums lol.

rayIII
04-21-2006, 09:53 PM
I've actually started listening to Let It Be a LOT recently..

is LIB anyone else's favorite?

I release they weren't all "together" on the album, but the songs are magnificent!! I mean come on, Let It Be, Two of Us, Get Back, The Long And Winding Road, Across The Universe, Maggie Mae, I've Got A Feeling, it's freaking glorious!

azfab4fan
04-21-2006, 11:10 PM
The very,very,very best Beatles album recorded in the history of recorded
Beatles music is :

BEATLES FOR SALE

OH YEAH,YEAH,YEAH

azfab4fan
04-21-2006, 11:11 PM
Wow, that azfab4fan sure knows his crap (haha)

rayIII
04-21-2006, 11:15 PM

Beatles For Sale is highly under-rated

sinan90
04-22-2006, 06:22 AM
abbey road or revolver, its too difficult to decide, why did they have to be so damn good!

sirpsycho85
04-22-2006, 04:34 PM
I really hope that was a joke. Im thinking it is because Yoko Ono has absolutely no musical talent.
My favorite is definatley The White Album, its one of the greatest albums ever recorded.
But i also love every other beatle album, there is not one bad one.

while it's not true that she has no musical talent, i also sincerely hope he was kidding.

On the two albums just mentioned...With the Beatles and Beatles for Sale:

To me, Beatles For Sale is definitely their worst album. Why? Well it starts fantastically with No Reply. The next couple of songs are dark and folkish, good stuff. But then the covers start. They're not nearly as good as they were on With the Beatles and Please Please Me. Words of Love is bad. The Perkins covers are too. Every little thing isn't good either. Eight Days a Week is of course brilliant, and What You're Doing is overlooked.

With the Beatles was fantastic, no argument from me. The trio of It Won't Be Long, All I've Got To Do, and All My Loving is maybe their best opening salvo. But overall of the early work, A Hard Day's Night has their best stuff.

by the way, in this whole post, anything i called bad is bad for the beatles, not bad in general of course.

jams44
04-26-2006, 05:05 PM
sgt. peppers lonely hearts club band. no doubt in my opinion. especially because of all the doors the album opened up through new recording techniques.

Voodoo_Chile42
04-27-2006, 12:48 AM
I honestly love all their albums. The Beatles with Tony Sheridan was a little weak. Aint She Sweet was a good track though.
Their style changed so much over their albums, it's hard to pick a favourite.

Voodoo_Chile42
04-27-2006, 01:01 AM
I'm not sure if this has been corrected yet, but Abbey Road was in fact the last album recorded by the Beatles. Partially because of production difficulties (ie. Phil Spector and a general lack of material), Let It Be ended up being released later. I think at some point the Beatles walked out on the Let It Be sessions, partially because of a bad setup (Magic Alex managed to stick together a poor four-track recorder with an almost limitless budget) and rising tensions between the group members and Yoko. John was also insecure about the material. That's why it's one of the worst regarded Beatles albums (I still like it); it's seen as more of a Phil Spector production. Beatles fans don't tend to dig the wall of sound.

The Shadow
04-27-2006, 06:41 AM
My personal favourites are Revolver and Abbey Road.