question for this tuning


View Full Version : question for this tuning

11-09-2005, 03:17 AM
alright, i was messing around with a song of mine in guitar pro when i noticed how hard it was slide from a certain note to another in a certain amount of time. I then highered each bass string so it would be the last one before it (I got ride of the standard E by highering it to A, and so forth) and got:

[this going from smallest to thickest string]


does anyone know what this tuning is called? I was thinking of poor man's 5 string, but :shrug: i gotta call it something during jam sessions instead of reminding each time what my bassist has to do lol.

11-09-2005, 04:48 AM
Begging for broken strings

11-09-2005, 11:24 AM
^ I agree lol.

A 5 string bass adds a LOW B string, not a higher one. I'd look into getting a [bass?] capo or something if you want your bass tuned higher.

-SD :dance:

Captain Colon
11-09-2005, 12:49 PM
Begging for broken strings
Or neck, possibly.

Practice your slides instead ;) If I'm not mistaken that tuning is pretty damn close to a baritone guitar, might as well just get one of those.

11-09-2005, 07:51 PM
well now i'm thinking about just using another 2nd guitar and turn the treble to zero and put more bass to it, I tested the new tab out after I transposed it to the new tuning on my standard guitar, probably makes more sense than buying either a baritone or tuning the bass differently.