Smashing Pumpkins news.

PDA

View Full Version : Smashing Pumpkins news.

nerdlinger
11-12-2005, 11:12 AM
Just thought I should post this.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/paulmccarren/thepumpkinsareback.jpg

If you can make it out. There is a question about the pumpkins reformation.

DorkusMalorkus
11-12-2005, 11:18 AM
SP getting back together? PLEASE, I hope so. I never got to see them live. I'd love to do that.

nerdlinger
11-12-2005, 11:20 AM
It appears they are back together.

I nearly shat myself when i heard the news.

Cirrus Minor
11-12-2005, 11:32 AM
Excellent.

Just have to get the otheres on board.

nerdlinger
11-12-2005, 11:42 AM
All you really need is Billy, Jimmy and James.

Let's face is Darcy and Melissa where just told what to play.

Being that APC have disbanded untill Tool come back off the road I would say that James would jump at the chance for the pumpkins to get back.

littzain
11-12-2005, 12:05 PM
Billy's cousin goes to my school :D

DorkusMalorkus
11-12-2005, 01:10 PM
Cool. ^

Yeah...I can't imagine D'arcy coming back, but it'd be nice if she did. Melissa could do an equally well job. I don't know if it would take that much away from the show though.

xmrchainsawx
11-12-2005, 07:12 PM
I think somewhere, Billy said that the 'Pumpkins are James, Jimmy, D'Arcy, and Himself. But I dont think D'Arcy would be wanting to get back on board. I do hope it comes out to work, because I would KILL to see them live.

pumpkins_rule
11-12-2005, 08:06 PM
Cool. ^

Yeah...I can't imagine D'arcy coming back, but it'd be nice if she did. Melissa could do an equally well job. I don't know if it would take that much away from the show though.

Surely D'Arcy must have run out of Coke money by now? It's not like she got any songwriting royalties...

DorkusMalorkus
11-12-2005, 09:38 PM
Surely D'Arcy must have run out of Coke money by now? It's not like she got any songwriting royalties...
Lol. I hope so.

Cirrus Minor
11-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Billy is kinda vague about all of that, but I'm sure he wants D'Arcy if she would come back. The June 21st article of the Chicago Sun Times Billy Corgan wrote hangs above my bed right now....
:D

Abe
11-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Yes!

Mattskas
11-13-2005, 07:38 PM
Wicked news. Wonder what their sounds going to be like this time?... I bought Adore without having heard it first- just assuming it would be similar to Siamese Dreams and Mellon Collie hehe. Still like Adore in its own way though. Wasn't all that impressed with Machina apart from a couple of songs

InfiniteSadness
11-16-2005, 05:58 AM
But when you read interviews it seems that when the Smashing Pumpkins were still around D'arcy and James were weird about the band, like not helping Billy with anything or when they recorded Adore James refused to stay in the same house the band did. I mean if they get together again it has to be clear to Billy that not only Jimmy but James and D'arcy are completely into the band too.

I really hope they bring out a great record and go on tour, I would be great to see The Smashing Pumpkins live.

glowsun02
11-16-2005, 05:46 PM
That would be, as the brittish say, Smashing! O and they could come to america and tour with Sigur Ros! :: Dream Bubble pops :: O peas.

lateraluspiral
11-18-2005, 08:35 PM
they better get together. i must see them live or i wont die happy :(

joshsirjoshules
11-18-2005, 08:37 PM
Getting James Iha back is gonna be a real trick. I dont know about D'Arcy, probably just remind her she doesnt have a band and shell probably come back.

pam_t
11-25-2005, 05:28 PM
I think somewhere, Billy said that the 'Pumpkins are James, Jimmy, D'Arcy, and Himself. But I dont think D'Arcy would be wanting to get back on board. I do hope it comes out to work, because I would KILL to see them live.
I've read that on Spin and somewhere else too. I think Billy really wants the old gang together as everyone else...yet I dont' know about Melissa...But Billy is still whining and "crying" for the fact that he wants the Pumpkins back, that being solo is not the same, not even with Zwan...He should try to recover some of the friendship with James and D'Arcy before getting into the reunion thing. Otherwise, it won't work, because the main problem isn't solved. They need to compromise 100%.

silicoidous
11-25-2005, 06:12 PM
ive never been able to get into adore much...pretty much everything after meloncholly i couldnt really get into...im hopeing that the new sound would sound more like jimmy chamberlin complex...or at least somewhat influenced by...billy sang "Loki Cat" for jimmy, it sounded great...id wet myself to see this actually happen

Ciaran6576
11-29-2005, 02:03 AM
Well it's about time we got some news on this, thanks for the post! I was just talking to a friend of mine about how Billy was wanting to get the band back together, but that announcement happened a while ago and we hadn't heard whether or not anyone else in the band was up for it.

Pretty good news I guess if they are getting back together, although I'm not sure how much creative juice Billy has left. His post-Pumpkins projects haven't been very good...and let's face it, a lot of the Pumpkin's material wasn't either. But I do enjoy Adore and Siamese Dream for the most part, and 1979 is a classic...I look forward to hearing it, whatever may happen.

Geek_Aus
05-20-2006, 05:15 AM
Original line up would be fantastic. I really hope D'Arcy and James come back. It wont be the same without them.

j0nmcc
05-20-2006, 04:34 PM
That's great news!

There is already a smashing pumpkins thread in this forum on the first page.

direct all your talk about it there! :)

*closed*