"Glory of the Kings" [gp4 ,midi]

PDA

View Full Version : "Glory of the Kings" [gp4 ,midi]

NovemberRain273
11-14-2005, 01:48 PM
heres the result of lots of hard work. this is the best i have ever written IMO. Some parts may sound out of time, but thats cuz my tabbing skill isnt all that gr8. i hope u enjoy and i hope to get lots of honest criticism. also, the neding may sound kinda sudden, ill prob work on that later.

PS if u want it in ASCII just post here, i just found out u can export it as ASCII. Though its really long, so be prepared if u wanna ask.

DONT DOWNLOAD THIS ONE DOWNLOAD THE ONE AT THE BOTTOM POST

Pure_Morning
11-14-2005, 02:06 PM
I quite liked it but I didn't really like the scale part of the solo however. Is there anymore to it?

NovemberRain273
11-14-2005, 02:13 PM
ill prob add more to it later on, but not tonite.

NovemberRain273
11-15-2005, 12:21 PM
Heres the final version with drums and bass.

badnflunz
11-16-2005, 09:07 PM
very kool
its soundsl like the cool old metal
not that new Sh1t where the scream abnout a lost lightbulb
good work

flyingjew34
11-17-2005, 12:04 AM
the drums are perfect! it addes a lot to the song. the riffs didnt repeat a lot, and they sounded good!

davey1212k
11-19-2005, 11:31 AM
its awesome but it sounds a lot like master of puppets

NovemberRain273
11-19-2005, 11:37 AM
ya i know, but its just that one riff.

Contraband
11-19-2005, 11:24 PM
Well - my honest opinion is that everything in that song was just bland and whether you choose to like it or not, it does resemble master of puppets in more than 1 riff. Also, the solo fails to be the climax of the piece. The thing is, it's mostly the open E and some power chords here and there - good for a fill somewhere, but doesn't keep my attention. Bass fits in well with blandness and the drums are doing exactly what the guitar is doing (which is good because it's keeping rhythm, but nothing is happening if you really look at them). Right, so my advice to you is change around the rhythm a bit, don't put that many power chords with the open E, put the main rhythm under the solo and put in some more leads over the rhythm before the solo actually comes in. Hmm...then, the solo itself is just boring - mediocre pentatonics running back and forth the neck. Stick in one area, put more bending, run down the neck, then go back to that place and repeat that part again - it's sure to keep peoples attention better.

Good job making it though.

NovemberRain273
11-19-2005, 11:52 PM
wow thats actually a really good crit of it. thanks, that really helped. ill try and work on it. and the reason the drums arent that gd is cuz well im nota drummer, and im not that fluent with the drum part of the program.

antonis273
11-20-2005, 02:30 AM
liked the solo very much,but I recogized muster of puppets many times.

Grovermans
11-20-2005, 02:50 AM
that was soooooo
boringggg and genericccc.

and the solo was lame,
especially the backing.
put something intense under it
so it at least fits the backing.

so basically, make it more original.

NovemberRain273
11-20-2005, 04:02 AM
hmm ok. i went and changed the entire solo. i didnt really change the drums at the beginning or anything, and kept most of it the same. (for now). but im pretty sure the solo is better this time. the drums are really gd for it and the rhythm is fast and more than just power chords (well kinda). alsoi at the beginning i added some high bent notes over it so it wont be that boring, though i think they may be too annoying. gimme ur honest crits plz.

Contraband
11-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Wow, that was actually a lot better. Don't worry, although the beginning of that is a little bit annoying, it's guitar pro's fault - it makes any bend sound bad especially when you hold. It's good, but you should continue with the main rhythm after the solo and put in a little bridge before the solo kicks in. Also, the beginning still sounds a bit like Master of Puppets, but I realize you probably don't want to change it since you've kept it still.

NovemberRain273
11-21-2005, 03:41 AM
alrite cool, ill try adding a bridge today or whenever i have time, and ill try extending it. thanks foir all the crits theyre really great.

NovemberRain273
11-22-2005, 05:48 AM
ok, in this one i added a bridge before the solo, and i added a little outro solo too. at the end it sounds like a sudden stop but thats cuz its supposed to fade out, but i dont know how to do that with guitar pro.

PsychoFreak
11-22-2005, 12:09 PM
Lol, the intro sounds exactly like a song I wrote ages ago :S

Sounds good so far though :)