[mp3] Ný Batterí (Sigur Rós cover)

PDA

View Full Version : [mp3] Ný Batterí (Sigur Rós cover)

arienette
11-16-2005, 06:21 PM
Anyone remember me...?

I did a cover of Ný Batterí by the Icelandic band Sigur Rós. Just me and an acoustic guitar. The guitar playing is a little off in places, because I had to do it one take, but... well... it was heartfelt, at any rate.

http://wailingmiserere.dmusic.com

:cheers:

Something_Vague
11-16-2005, 06:34 PM
oh wow, i remember when you were a regular in S&L i have your cover of mad world and it's amazing i like it over the original.

shifto
11-16-2005, 06:49 PM
That was really good! I've never heard anyone cover Sigur Ros before (i think, personally I wouldn't dare) and that's a marvellous effort there. I was impressed with the singing, I guess you actually learnt the Hopelandic? I usually just moan and wail along to SR if I feel like it...but i usually just end up ruining it... anyway, I liked the way you just...acousticified the song. May check out some more of your stuff tomorrow morning :)

choop
11-16-2005, 06:50 PM
wow
that was amazing
just....wow

Final
11-16-2005, 06:54 PM
oh wow, i remember when you were a regular in S&L i have your cover of mad world and it's amazing i like it over the original.

I remember when she came back once and everyone started arguing with Sean or whoever in her thread. Them were the days, eh? But yeah, I loved this song. Very great singing voice. Great job.

arienette
11-16-2005, 07:00 PM
I guess you actually learnt the Hopelandic?

Actually this song is from way back when Jonsi was still singing in Icelandic... yeh, I learnt it all off by heart, wasn't too difficult surprisingly enough. I saw Sigur Rós live recently, and I was singing along to this song... :D

I remember when she came back once and everyone started arguing with Sean or whoever in her thread. Them were the days, eh?

Haha, yes, those were indeed the days. That must have been when I did the Linkin Park cover that everyone hated... :p:

Cheers for the comments :cheers:

~King_Of_Foolz~
11-17-2005, 02:59 AM
ok wait.. i havnt even heard the cover yet.. but.. i gotta say.. frickin brave of yah to choose this song.. OR ANY SIGUR ROS SONG FOR THAT MATTER.... that out of the way.. i've got high expectations.. so here goes.. ..... ok... its like 0:43 into the song.. and ... i'm already blooown away... your voice is gorgeous as always.. but jeez.. yah learnt the incelandic for this.... wow... the song transfers poignantly well to just acoustic and vocals... i've lost any objectity i might have had for this critique.. my apologies.... just .. moving...

culex-knight
11-18-2005, 06:06 PM
You ****ing own.

masterofmuppets
12-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Wow, that was amazing.

lessthanthree
12-04-2005, 05:54 PM
this was stunning. Thanks very much for posting it up. It brightened the ****ty day I've had.