Most Annoying Fans

PDA

View Full Version : Most Annoying Fans

LedZeppelin
11-19-2005, 03:39 PM
Which bands have the most annoying fans and why? I'd say:

-Guns n' Roses. No GNR fan has ever been able to post once in this whole forum without using net lingo or misspelling every other word.

-Slipknot. Holy crap, enough said.

-Avenged Sevenfold. They are not the most talented new band, you just listen to bad music.

-Metallica. Just because you listened to Enter Sandman once doesn't mean you're a hardcore metalhead. Get over yourselves.

AC/DC Dude8
11-19-2005, 03:41 PM
fall out boy. you could easily tell them apart at warped tour.

AH@2112
11-19-2005, 03:42 PM
^^
Agree with both

SBR
11-19-2005, 03:44 PM
Greenday fans lol nothing personal just alot that I no in real life annoy me, especialy my brother :)

How long til someone says "Led Zeppelin fans because they make threads like this"

Archaon
11-19-2005, 03:44 PM
Slipknot and Linkin Park. They either think that they're HARDXCORE METALXHEADS or TRU ROKKERZ.

****ing kids. And any emo fan pisses me off.

TimiHendrix33
11-19-2005, 03:45 PM
-Led Zeppilen ELITISTS. I have nothing against Led Zep fans, but the people who think they are the best because they listened to Stairway to Heaven once really piss me off.

Nirvana12390
11-19-2005, 03:49 PM
Nirvana fans. I hate to say it, but most of them are. Go to Nirvana Fan Club, and read the forums, it is freakin annoying.

JimiSlashPage
11-19-2005, 03:52 PM
-Led Zeppilen ELITISTS. I have nothing against Led Zep fans, but the people who think they are the best because they listened to Stairway to Heaven once really piss me off.

Same here. It may sound a little weird, being a huge Led Zeppelin fan, but I really hate people that give Led Zeppelin fans a bad name like that.

"OMGZ0rz! Stairway To Heaven is teh best s0ng EVERRRR....r.rE>1!>!>!>!>E>~"

Hey... I like GN'R. ;)

P_Gilbertrules
11-19-2005, 03:56 PM
Which bands have the most annoying fans and why? I'd say:

-Guns n' Roses. No GNR fan has ever been able to post once in this whole forum without using net lingo or misspelling every other word.

-Avenged Sevenfold. They are not the most talented new band, you just listen to bad music.

-Metallica. Just because you listened to Enter Sandman once doesn't mean you're a hardcore metalhead. Get over yourselves.

I resent you're generalization. I am a fan of Guns n' Roses, and early Metallica.
I hate net lingo, and other than the occasional typo, my posts are free of spelling errors and the like.

No Seatbelt
11-19-2005, 03:57 PM
:rolleyes: Meh. I like Avenged Sevenfold. But it can get on the nerves when people say they're the most talented new band. Slipknot fans , System of a Down fans , Fall Out Boy fans , and then your typical fourteen year old girl with a Green Day shirt screaming "OH MY GOD BILLIE JOE IS SO HOT!" annoy me.

Nirvana12390
11-19-2005, 03:57 PM
Oh wait. ICP fans are annoying as hell too. Talkin bout lingo. It's annoying, they think pychopathic records is all badd ass.

But they'll probably be able to kill me.

No Seatbelt
11-19-2005, 03:59 PM
Oh wait. ICP fans are annoying as hell too. Talkin bout lingo. It's annoying, they think pychopathic records is all badd ass.

How could I forget the ICP fans?! Thanks.

paintITblack39
11-19-2005, 04:01 PM
I hate it when Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and Pink Floyd fans get into an argument about whos the better band, face it guys theres no such thing as the best band ever

Green_Fox
11-19-2005, 04:06 PM
green day fans and my chemical romance fans. i can respect the green day veterans, the ones that liked them since the beginning

LazyGuitar
11-20-2005, 10:20 AM
If we're generalising, and going on comments on this forum, it really has to be said that Green Day fans (at least those fans of later material), Slipknot fans, and Nirvana fans really make the stupidest posts.

Of course those are based on the fanboys. I like certain material from Green Day and Nirvana, but it's the real fanboys that refuse to accept criticism that are so unbelievably annoying.

Green Day fanboys usually have the intelligence and maturity of a peanut, Nirvana fanboys are obsessive, compulsive, and utterly unable to accept Kurt is dead and gone, whilst Slipknot fanboys have a compulsion to go all \m/ hArDcoRe 666 on us for no apparent reason.

Davidian
11-20-2005, 11:03 AM
Most woman fans because 80% listin to the bands only for the image.

seljer
11-20-2005, 11:23 AM
Radiohead and Tool fanboys literally make me run away.

Burpin'Worm
11-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Led Zepellin fanatics, Greenday fanatics and Nirvana fanatics. Actually anybody who is obsessed with only one band is annoying.

ibanez666
11-20-2005, 12:05 PM
i'm a slipknot fan and i'm not all 666 HaRdCorE DevIL RoX, so **** you guys. how's that? but i can't stand the emo guys, tight cloths, so i guess fans of taking back sunday and the like.

hvymetalrevival
11-20-2005, 12:20 PM
Papa Roach fans, they always go up to me saying 'let me listen to some Papa Roach on you're iPod' like I should have it, and when I say I don't they go off in a right stress, like I've done something completely wrong.

kaktusnpoop
11-20-2005, 12:47 PM
Fans of Black/Death Metal, but when your a goth and everything you wear is found at Hot Topic and you make Halloween everyday, thats just a little too much

PS Satan doesn't exist, get over it!!

ToolBass_dude
11-20-2005, 12:52 PM
Greenday/MCR worshippers who think they are the greatest bands since sliced Zappa.

Hanzi_G
11-20-2005, 12:54 PM
Nirvana fans

"Oh, Kurt Kobain was such an amazing guitarist and song writer. If it wasn't for him I'd be dead!"

:rolleyes:

In conclusion, Nirvana fans suck dick :D

Anghellic
11-20-2005, 01:07 PM
Metal and Punk elitists - Not everyone can be as kvlt or (insert Punk equivalent of kvlt here) as you. Get over it.

Nu Metal and Pop Punk fans - Face it, you're not as kvlt or (insert Punk equivalent of kvlt here) as most of the people here. Stay in your own forums unless you want to be killed by the aforementioned group.

Gn'R fans - For the last time, Slash is not god. There's countless other guitarists out there who are far superior.

Nirvana fans - Kurt's dead. No amount of Who killed Kurt threads will bring him back.

That's pretty much all I can think of for now.

Chak
11-20-2005, 01:36 PM
Cobainists. I'm a Nirvana fan and I don't think I make stupid posts :p: It's the Cobain fanatics that piss me off.

P. Townshend
11-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Papa Roach fans, they always go up to me saying 'let me listen to some Papa Roach on you're iPod' like I should have it, and when I say I don't they go off in a right stress, like I've done something completely wrong.

Papa Roach have fans? :D

u smell!
11-20-2005, 04:09 PM
ok we seem to be going for sweeping genralisations so 'most pop punk/emo fans '

most of them think green day are the most tamlented/influencial 'punk' band ever after listening to american idiot. I don't have a big problem with green day or fans that hactualy no more than just 3 songs and the fact they're still togeter after god know how many years is quite impressive in this day an age but it bugs me when they get classed as punk!

And all you emo kids remember its down the street not across the road-make it count!

LazyGuitar
11-20-2005, 04:26 PM
i'm a slipknot fan and i'm not all 666 HaRdCorE DevIL RoX, so **** you guys. how's that?

... Check your username.

Anyways, I was talking about the obsessive fanboys, not every single fan of a band... that'd be plain stupid. The fact that you went all "**** you" after failing to read a post, doesn't help your personal cause ;)

Irish Bassist
11-20-2005, 04:49 PM
this thread makes no sense everyband has annoying fans,there will always be annoying people in the world,it has nothing to do with the bans they listen to.

Paroxysm
11-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Elitists of any genre, they all piss me off

P. Townshend
11-20-2005, 05:21 PM
Irish Bassist that quote in your sig is ****ing hilarious. Keane seems so out of place.

Irish Bassist
11-20-2005, 05:31 PM
Irish Bassist that quote in your sig is ****ing hilarious. Keane seems so out of place.

thank you!!in the words of homer simpson 'i live to give'!!

sepulturian
11-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Simple Plan fans. They think that Simple Plan is true punk.
For that matter any pop-punk fan that thinks Simple Plan, Greenday, Good Charlotte, etc are real punk.

clash1057
11-20-2005, 09:01 PM
hawthorne heights fans. or any fans of emo bands for that matter. not all of them are stupid but the majority of the fans are gothic teenage girls who like worship emo bands and think that the line "cut my wrists and black my eyes" is an amazing work of poetry.

GnRrelease_it
11-20-2005, 10:47 PM

:no:

hey...i must protest in defense of GnR fans everywhere...and hopefully i will not make a spelling mistake and rather ironically prove your point... :p:

i was going to protest that also; but upon further consideration i have to admit that you have a fair point.

personally, i find new green day fans quite irritating. the CONSTANT "is green day punk??" fight is pretty tiresome.

Scourge
11-20-2005, 11:52 PM
i find that Green Day (and other pop-punk and emo bands of the likes) are the most annoying little pricks!!!

i personally dont mind Green Day, i can listen to them without my ears burning off (though i get bored easily from them)... but the fans!!! i mean... fuuuck!! always talking about Green Day as if they're gods... kings of punk rock...

and i dont mean like, normal every day fans, people who like the band, listen to the music and maybe go to a concert or two... or have a couple of t-shirts or something. not obsessive, just... you know, your average fan of any band. they're perfectly normal people and you wouldnt know them from anyone else.

im talking about the obsessive fans. the ones who dress like them, act like them, play like them... completely idolise them, cannot take criticism about the band - that every thing said against the band is blasphemy of the worst kind...

i know some people like that. :( they're horrible.

DoGaLoG
11-21-2005, 10:53 AM

Probably can.
Dont judge a whole group of people on a few you probably dont even know you moron.
Thats bullshit
:angry: :angry: :angry:

Nirvana fans have proven to piss me off.. not all.. just the stupid, ignorant ones.. *hint* *hint*

I resent you're generalization. I am a fan of Guns n' Roses, and early Metallica.
I hate net lingo, and other than the occasional typo, my posts are free of spelling errors and the like.

Your* lol...

treflip
11-21-2005, 11:46 AM
Green Day fans. I love Green Day, I'll admit they're one of my favourite bands but I can't stand people that claim they're the most amazing band ever.

shadows666
11-21-2005, 01:07 PM
Fallout Boy, Green Day and any other emo/pop bands. Also, ICP fans and any other groups off of pschopathic records simply because their lingo is gay and those groups are gay.

AllForYouBLS
12-02-2005, 08:49 PM
those little ICP f@gs

theguitarist
12-02-2005, 08:53 PM
led zepplin fans. generally close minded twats who reckon Led Zepellin created music itself.

deadskinmask
12-02-2005, 09:32 PM

I agree with this one so much. Not you, but a lot of the fans I have met personally piss me off.

Dirtydeeds468
12-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Ok..I've got a few..

American Idiot fans... you know, the fans that listened to American Idiot once and proclaimed theirselves to the world as true. They simply don't deserve to be called Green Day fans.

Load and Reload fans- Almost the exact same reasons.

Smells like Teen Spirit- Again, the Cobainists...damn...

Zeppelin Elitists- Enough said.

TimiHendrix33
12-03-2005, 04:34 AM
Alot of people are saying "Green Day fans are annoying", it should be "stupid green day fans are annoying". I'm a huge Green Day fan, but I'm not into the new stuff. I don't go sayin "Billie Joe is LiKe sO ****In hoTT>3333" all the time. These kind of Green Day fans annoy me greatly.

Izz
12-03-2005, 05:49 AM
Slash IS god:D you are wrong when you say he isn't:P Well, Yes there are alot better, but I can say that about pretty much every guitarist. There is no one thats best in ALL styles? For example I think Slash is better then a shredder in his style and the opposite.

But at least God's son? He must be

CowsWithGuns
12-03-2005, 10:01 AM
^ This guy gets my vote as the single most annoying fan.

Smoothie
12-03-2005, 10:17 AM

I see.

hypocrisy
12-03-2005, 10:29 AM
Nu metal fans, hardcore/emo/screamo fans, guitar hero fans, and ALL mainstream music fans.

Burpin'Worm
12-03-2005, 10:41 AM

Your* lol...
I see.

:golfclap: I must commend your originality.

Variable
12-04-2005, 02:58 AM
Yeah, we should have never given them the right to vote. :rolleyes:
Seriously dude, WTF.

Variable
12-04-2005, 03:05 AM
Anyway:

Where?s the appeal of being a Tool fan? Is it the scavenger hunt for all the Bill Hicks references? Is it the fact that Tool is almost prog-rock, but it?s about 3% less nerdy than liking Rush? Perhaps it?s the desire to be part of the most widely-hated club of music dorks this side of Insane Clown Posse fans (even Tool hates Tool fans: ?Ticks and Leeches? and ?Hooker with a Penis? come to mind). The amount of zealotry surrounding Tool is legendary. Many of the people who requested that I discuss Tool actually went so far as to imply that there was absolutely nothing bad to be said about Tool. Obviously, this could not be farther from the truth.

The vast majority of the e-mails about Tool had the same general gist. ?I love Tool, but I hate Tool fans!? Apparently, not only are there hordes of self-righteous Tool fans who think that only people who understand Tool?s many facets are worthy of Tool fandom, but there are also a huge number of Tool fans who totally don?t get Tool and make all the other Tool fans look bad. Well, this is interesting, because I?ve only ever met the self-righteous kind. You?d think if there were ten times as many phony, retarded sheep-like Tool fans as real ones, I would have received quite a few e-mails saying ?do tool their awesome cuz they got a video with a clay dude it was rad and Maynard is my god.?

No. There?s only one kind of Tool fan. The Tool fan who thinks that being a Tool fan lets them into some big secret that nobody else gets. They think that only a select few posses the secret Tool decoder ring. They?d love to believe that all the halfwits who listen to Tool actually don?t get it, but really they?re all listening to them for the same reason. The fact of the matter is, any moron can understand Tool, but the hidden appeal of Tool lies in the fact that they give the illusion of being a band for smart people. They do this, as any Tool fan knows, by throwing in jumbled references to high school psychology, obscure religious references, and miscellaneous meaningless nonsense. Bull**** or not, as long as there?s something there to figure out or interpret, it?s going to make some stoned dropout feel smart.
(Not by me.)

Edit: Oops, went to edit my first post and clicked reply accidentally. Sorry, I'm a retard.

hypocrisy
12-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Yeah, we should have never given them the right to vote. :rolleyes:
Seriously dude, WTF.

In general, it's quite true.

Females are generally pathetic fangirls with no musical taste whatsoever, and buy music for popularity and image. (Mostly reffering to women under age 20 or so)

hypocrisy
12-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Metal and Punk elitists - Not everyone can be as kvlt or (insert Punk equivalent of kvlt here) as you. Get over it.

Elitism in metal is not about being 'kvlt'. If you were one, you would understand it far more than you obviously do.

CowsWithGuns
12-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Actually the thing about female fans does have some truth to it. I'm a girl myself so I might be able to explain it a little. A guy who likes metal is cool. A girl who likes metal "thinks she's a guy". A guy who likes punk is cool. A girl who likes punk is "insane". A guy who listens to music about the virtues of manhood is macho. A girl who listens to music about the virtues of womanhood is a "feminazi bulldyke who never gets laid or shaves her armpits". It's just safer for most girls to listen to top 40. It doesn't attach as negative an image as other genres of music.

Mega Therion
12-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Nirvana fans. I hate to say it, but most of them are. Go to Nirvana Fan Club, and read the forums, it is freakin annoying.

But have a Nirvana avatar and your name... :confused:

i_strum_i_drum
12-05-2005, 03:06 PM
my chemical romance fans.

tpen892004
12-05-2005, 03:12 PM
my friends been to a mcr concert recently and he said there was a bunch of 10 year olds there. he wanted to walk, (he only went cuz his girlfriend likes them)

Variable
12-05-2005, 05:10 PM
Actually the thing about female fans does have some truth to it. I'm a girl myself so I might be able to explain it a little. A guy who likes metal is cool. A girl who likes metal "thinks she's a guy". A guy who likes punk is cool. A girl who likes punk is "insane". A guy who listens to music about the virtues of manhood is macho. A girl who listens to music about the virtues of womanhood is a "feminazi bulldyke who never gets laid or shaves her armpits". It's just safer for most girls to listen to top 40. It doesn't attach as negative an image as other genres of music.
Ok, I take it back. If you actually are concerned about people saying things like that instead of listening to music you like, then he was right. I don't think the music you listen to is really going to significantly change people's opinions of you though. I think everyone in my circle of friends would have a much lower opinion of a girl who listens to the Top 40 than one who listens to something weird we've never heard of. :D
Oh well, 'tis a funny world.

CowsWithGuns
12-05-2005, 05:13 PM
I wasn't refering to myself in that post you idiot.

EDIT: If you and all of your imaginary friends would really have a higher opinion of someone based on their musical tastes alone then i feel sorry for you parents. That sperm could have been put to much better use.

CowsWithGuns
12-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Actually now that I think about it, the majority of guy fans listen to music for the image too. Just as many guys listen to certain bands because they want to look cool to others. Wait 3 years and let's just see how many "die-hard" fans of ganster rap and nu-metal still listen to them.

RHCPhysco8
12-05-2005, 06:20 PM
Green Day are a perfect example of a band with "fans" who are streotpyed so much. Green Day's new "fans" are annoying. Green Day have changed thier image and created songs that appeal to simple minded music "fans". So when I tell somone I dig GD I'm often accused of being one of those people just because of their new found fanbase. But as frustrating as that is I still appreciate everything they've done as a band. But ****, they're new "fans" are annoying as hell.

Classic Rock elitists really piss me off jsut because they seem to have no apprecuiaton for any other music especially the music from their own time.

LEGZ
12-05-2005, 06:52 PM
Many of you have good points, but some are just trying to rag on bands. Like greenday is a perfect example, I used to like then alot I even liked american idiot some, then they went onto Mtv and then all of the stupid fans came now I still listen to their old stuff but I cant say anything without someone being like "ohhh i love greenday, american idiot and holiday are my favorite songs ever!". Another example is fall out boy ive been listening to fall out boy before their new album came out and then all of the sudden everyone likes them. I would ask them what their favorite song was and of course even people who only like rap would say "sugar were going down" I asked em about some of their other songs and of course they didn't know. Moral of the story is the s**t hits the fan when it gets played on mtv.

Edit: girl pants, makeup wearing emos are just silly

pumpkins_rule
12-05-2005, 07:05 PM
Metal elitists. They're convinced anything without shredding is total crap. They couldn't care less for actual songwriting talent. Classic Rock eletists too, cause you know, absolutely NO good music has been released in the past 15 years :rolleyes:

Dirtydeeds468
12-05-2005, 07:32 PM
^ Fifteen Years is a bit much..

i_strum_i_drum
12-05-2005, 07:49 PM
...closed-minded ones.

Rock agnst Bush
12-05-2005, 09:01 PM
I guess anybody who hates GreenDay would be the most annoying. Honestly GreenDay gets so much **** they dont deserve.

Variable
12-05-2005, 09:16 PM
I wasn't refering to myself in that post you idiot.

EDIT: If you and all of your imaginary friends would really have a higher opinion of someone based on their musical tastes alone then i feel sorry for you parents. That sperm could have been put to much better use.
Wow. I wasn't referring to you either, I knew you were talking about other girls: I meant "you" in the figurative sense.
You have some temper (and here I am referring to you in particular).
As for your edit, I was just making a playful swipe at the Top 40, not at the people who listen to them.
Sorry, I didn't mean to dig on you if it came across that way (really, I don't want to start a flame war, this post was just defending my position).
Truce?

2113C&C
12-05-2005, 09:22 PM
anyone who loves feeder but has only heard the 3 songs from the echo park era that were on GT3, and calls them the complete wrong names. like brand new car or just another day *shudders*

TheFluffy
12-05-2005, 09:35 PM
GreenDay

CowsWithGuns
12-05-2005, 11:39 PM
Yeah, crap i'm sorry. I do have a nasty temper.

Variable
12-05-2005, 11:57 PM
Don't worry about it. :)

ParaOrdance
12-06-2005, 12:45 PM
If we are talking about stereotypical fans I would have to agree with the majority of people in here and say Green Day fans are annoying. I may be old fashioned, but when I see males running around the mall with eyeliner and make-up on thinking they are cool as hell it just annoys me to no avail. We have Green Day to thank for popularizing eye-shadow/liner for men, err... I mean male children x_x.

I get highly annoyed about Nirvana fans insisting that Kurt Kobain was the best or even among the best guitarists and songwriters of all times. They love to say all the shred metal before him sucked and was just noise. Jesus, just because Nirvana is someone's favorite band does not mean Nirvana has to be the best band around...Talk about biased opinions people.

sirpsycho85
12-06-2005, 06:38 PM
in my real life experiences, tool fans. there's always one in any crowd, and if you don't think they're our generation's pink floyd they flip out. but that's never happened on this site, and people are more likely to start arguments online, so i'm guessing its a small minority of tool fans that i've had the displeasure to meet. otherwise, fans don't really bother me. usually it's people who dislike bands that bother me.

Prophet of Page
12-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Any kind of elitist fan or loony fanboy kinda fan drives me nuts. Classic rock elitists (look up the word virtuoso, please), metal elitists, etc. And I hate Zeppelin freako fans with a passion. Giving me a bad name.

Funnily enough though, I've never come across a shred or jazz/blues fan with an elitist attitude.

ParaOrdance
12-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Any kind of elitist fan or loony fanboy kinda fan drives me nuts. Classic rock elitists (look up the word virtuoso, please), metal elitists, etc. And I hate Zeppelin freako fans with a passion. Giving me a bad name.

Funnily enough though, I've never come across a shred or jazz/blues fan with an elitist attitude.

Lol, that is because all the shred and jazz/blues fans are always on the defense about their music. They do not have the time to be on the offense :peace: . That and they are more mature.

xX*Zeppelin*Xx
12-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Some Radiohead fans on here can be rather annoying, with their ludicrous philosophies and supposed intelligence. Also (I know they aren't fans) but anti-Zeppelin Elitists, most of them hate Led Zeppelin because of the fan base. I find that rather unusual.

unfathomable_bo
12-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Black metal elitists
Cobainists
Nu breed Metallica fans

Gopher636
12-07-2005, 04:34 PM
okay then...

Green Day fans-hell, i used to live green day. they are the first band i got really into. but that was way back in 2000 or so. American Idiot came out...fuck. they came onto the scene with the eyeliner, tight pants, wristbands, the works. they brought the 'punkZorz' look to the next level, and that pissed me off, becasue the people that followed that believed that Green Day were the punkest of the punks, and heard two or three songs tops, and maybe heard Basket Case or When i Come Around, and think green day have two albums. GOD DAMMIT. and i agree with everything RHCPsycho said.

MCR/Fallouw Boy/New Found Glory/Emo/Pop-punk fans-for most of the same reasons, thinking theyre the shit for liking true punk music. fuck.

Classic Rock-not all of them. i mean the people who think that Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin are the saviors of music, and they are the best at their instruments, ever. then they say 'What do you listen to, Meagdeth? all it is is screaming. they cant even spell 'death' right; how do you expect them to sing?' fuck.

Rap/Hip-hop (the new stuff)- you know, the MTV rap clones. especially the white ones.

MTV fans-the preppies. i hate the incredibly vast majority of them.

bean-o
12-08-2005, 01:06 AM
Hey, leave the Gn'R fans alone, go to the Gn'R thread, there are alot of intelligent people that know what they are talking about, there are also the dumbass "Slash pwns Petrucci!" kids. The smart ones all know that Izzy was the man:P . Every band has their fair share of idiotic fans, some more than others, mainly pop punk and Nirvana. The ones that piss me off are the shred fans that argue about wich shredder is more talented.

crazynickman
12-08-2005, 10:28 AM
anyone classified as elitist because they usually have very closed minds...and i like american idiot and because of it i got into other green day stuff but im not a rabid fan, im more of a who-zep-beatles-jimi kinda guy

Opus Dei
12-08-2005, 11:41 AM
Anyway:

(Not by me.)

Edit: Oops, went to edit my first post and clicked reply accidentally. Sorry, I'm a retard.

I e-mailed that guy about a year ago and had about a week long conversation with him. He wrote it as a joke, and was actually a pretty big Tool fan.

Variable
12-08-2005, 08:51 PM
I e-mailed that guy about a year ago and had about a week long conversation with him. He wrote it as a joke, and was actually a pretty big Tool fan.
David Thorpe, a Tool fan? Are you sure you're talking about the original author?

LightofDeath
12-08-2005, 09:25 PM
American Green Day Fans.

hardrock1315
12-08-2005, 09:41 PM
GG Allin Fans. If you know who GG Allin is you'll know why.

I realize I'm gonna get **** for this, but shred fans. They are just so elitist and close-minded (usually).

RHCPhysco8
12-08-2005, 09:43 PM
:haha ^

Opus Dei
12-09-2005, 09:50 AM
David Thorpe, a Tool fan? Are you sure you're talking about the original author?

100%, I e-mailed him once asking some questions and he mentioned once that he was actually a pretty big Tool fan, he just thought it was funny because there are a lot of dumbass Tool fans out there who think they have the secrets of the world figured out.

Encore_God
12-09-2005, 09:54 AM
Fans of ANY band who are unrelenting in their praise for one band, or who claim they're the best thing to ever happen to music.

Give me a break...

sheehan17
12-09-2005, 03:37 PM
classic rock fans...

The UG Squirrel
12-10-2005, 02:10 AM
I stumbled across a Blink 182 fan who's whole opinion of them was based on "OMG THEYRE SO HOT!!!!" and believed that DeLonge was the greatest guitarist ever, and that Travis Barker was the fastest drummer ever. When i was using another guitarist as an example of how technically inable DeLonge is, she responded with 'But hes not as hot as DeLonge!".I hope all their fans aren't as stupid as she was.

misfits385
12-10-2005, 03:46 PM
I like guns and roses....

And I won the 4th grade spelling bee. :(

yawn
12-11-2005, 03:42 PM
I know plenty of Slipknot fans and not one of them is "poser hardcore" or anything of the sort.

And what makes a longtime fan of Green Day any better than a "noob"?

The only type of fans that I really dislike are the fans who cannot accept that there's quality music in all genres.

yawn
12-11-2005, 03:47 PM
I stumbled across a Blink 182 fan who's whole opinion of them was based on "OMG THEYRE SO HOT!!!!" and believed that DeLonge was the greatest guitarist ever, and that Travis Barker was the fastest drummer ever. When i was using another guitarist as an example of how technically inable DeLonge is, she responded with 'But hes not as hot as DeLonge!".I hope all their fans aren't as stupid as she was.

Don't worry; they're not :)

I'm just as much a fan of Blink 182 as I am of Tool and Metallica.

And I fail to see how any girl can think Travis is hot :confused:

M. Moloney
12-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Blink-182, Nirvana, Metallica, Oasis and Biffy Clyro Fans. Just because i know people who like these bands and i just cant stand them. People i know keep saying to me 'Blink 182 are like the best rock band ever and their lyrics are great!'...eh no they're not, if you want great lyrics llisten to Muse, Ash, Reuben, DiveDive and countless other

StandAblaze
12-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Hardcore kids - They all look the same (For the most part) and they punch and kick the air, like I mean what is this new wave of homosexuality what happened to a good ol' pit.

Emo kids - For the most part they are the tortured hot topic kids that feel unique, actually they are not unique, because every emo kid looks the same. Not to mention they listen to horrible music.

Kids that try so hard to LOOK "punk", punk is a lifestyle it isn't a fuking dress code.

LedZeppelin
12-16-2005, 11:05 AM
Black metal elitists

Oh please, you're just not gr1m and frostbitten enough for them.

jesusgonewrong
12-16-2005, 11:15 AM
I totally agree with Green_Fox. SImple plan fans also piss me off as they just whine so damn much, and obsesse about cutting. I may be wrong about the majority but the ones I have met always moan.

Ethicdoom
12-16-2005, 11:19 AM
Danzig fans.
haha.
They always talk about how "MAN, Danzig could whoop that guys ass!!!"
Funny though. :haha

BRM_PTX
12-17-2005, 09:08 AM
Green Day fans are worst because they refuse to accept the fact that 377996000499923 bands are better than Green Day.

suicideangel_2
12-17-2005, 02:03 PM
I would have to agree with alot of people here, but I dont know about you guys in america, because here in england I dont think we get as many old rock elists. but heres who I hate

American Idiot Fans - Because they have heard that and basket case they think they know green day

Punk Fans - the ones who have massive mohawks and hang around camden EVERYDAY and have no lives.

Emo Fans - who think slitting wrists and guys wearing eye-liner is sexy.

Mad Adam
12-17-2005, 02:45 PM
linkin park fans. my advice to all yous who are into that crap, get your head checked

Da G Man
12-17-2005, 02:47 PM
i love nirvanas music but im sick of Who killed Kurt? Was It Courtney? Was it Krist? or was the giant ****ing spazzbucket that made 3000 threads about him

Liberation
12-17-2005, 03:10 PM
Green Day fans: they go on and on about how Billie Joe can "UtTeRlY PwN" any classic rock or metal guitarists and then all the girls saying "OmFgZoRz!!! DeY aRe SoOoOoO hOtT"

The Used & My Chemical Romance fans: I dont even need to say why, its obvious why.

Led Zeppelin elitists: We have a few at my school and all they ever do is go on about how Starway to Heaven is so ingenious and unique, sorry guys, its not

Rap/Hip Hop/R&B fans: I hate how they feel that they have to dress the same as the retards that record this embarassment to the music industry (If this **** can be called music) and then they start talking like "Yo g' wana pimp dem hoezzzzzz???"

jesusgonewrong
12-18-2005, 08:20 AM
linkin park fans. my advice to all yous who are into that crap, get your head checked

Actually I think the way linkin park puts it songs together is pretty good. They are by no means an awesome band like megadeth, but to be fair alot of their songs are quite talented even if you don't like them.

Waylander
12-18-2005, 09:19 AM
Personally I think most people with an internet connection, regardless of where their loyalties lie, are annoying as hell, I can only stomach the forums for a few minutes a week.

toha33
12-19-2005, 03:55 PM
Wiggers are the most annoying fans ever. They think that if you're from a ghetto neighbourhood,''popped niggAz!'', have a huge ass mansion, and wear $40,000 clothes then you must be the best musician ever. Everything else to them is **** compared to 50 Cent and all the other sell-out rappers. Don't get me wrong, there is good rap, and we should have some room for every music but when it comes to white kids pretending they're black and acting like the typical mainstream rap is the most talented music ever...then that's just terrible, so terrible.

182bitterstarts
12-19-2005, 06:29 PM
ac dc/ led zepellin because they make it seem like those are the only bands that ever existed

Green Day because 97% of them think they're the most punk band of all time, and most of them know about 4 of their songs max (probably boulevard.., basketcase, and holiday)

System of a down pretty much the same reason as acdc,... they go around asking people in their hip way "so do you like system" and 99.997% of them are posers who like them because their friends like them

WrathofKahn
12-19-2005, 06:39 PM
Nirvana Fans- I used to be a huge Nirvana fanboy...bar none. I speak from experience so listen up. Kurt Cobain is dead... He KILLED HIMSELF. He was a good song writer, bla bla bla... but he wasn't GOD, 'cause if he was, he wouldn't be dead. I hate Nirvana fanboys more than I hate Nirvana haters... and I hate them pretty damn much.

Metallica Fans- For the reason LedZeppelin said.

Green Day Fans- Let me start with this: Green Day are NOT punk rock, Get the hell over it. They like them and that's cool and s**t, but They treat them like they are the most hard-core band in the entire world.

Slipknot Fans- Because they cant tell the difference between Nu-metal and real Metal.

Old school SOAD fans- Because they cant get over the fact that the "Most hard-core Nu-metal band" has finally learnt how to make real music.

YAY_FOR_PIE
12-20-2005, 10:33 AM
You should have had a semi-colon after lingo...

To be on subject, Green Day fans really piss me off. They run around the school with shirts that have a picture of a four leaf clover that say "Kiss Me, I'm Punk", and the shirt even has Green Day written on it on the top.

DoGaLoG
12-31-2005, 04:43 PM
. Also, ICP fans and any other groups off of pschopathic records simply because their lingo is gay and those groups are gay.

I love the way you describe them as gay, thus proving you're an idiot.
If you insult someone, do it properly, don't just say "Theyre gay!!" because it's sad as fuck and just shows us that you don't know how to offend or insult anyone.

And, have i used "net lingo" in any of that?

Interests:
Guitar
work@Jcpenney
Favourite groups:
Slipknot,Shadows Fall, Dragon Force, Children of Bodom,Lamb of God, Metallica,Iron Maiden, Judas Priest,exodus,Opeth,Metal church,

mhm.

PressEDIT
01-02-2006, 06:28 PM
Any metelhead/classic rock elitist who refuses to accept that some people like other types of music. Those people are almost worse than the G-Unit fans. Then there's the fangirls and the ones who only listen to whatever songs are on MTV at the moment, and then say they're a fan after only hearing one single.

kanamvar32
01-03-2006, 04:39 AM
Anyone who is an extreme fan of a single band. It doesn't matter what band it is, but when a person refuses to listen to anything else because he/she knows that his/her favorite band is the best of all time. I'm all about moderation.

But if I had to pick specific fans I'd say System of a Down. Emo fans bother me as well.

mercedesisbenz
01-03-2006, 04:43 AM
i just wanna know why you morons keep makin threads about things you hate... its like looking for something that pisses you off.

Kobrakai
02-01-2006, 01:59 PM
H.I.M fans. I hate them. "Oh, we don't fit in, so we ALL wear these heartagrams to look different. LOOK AROUND YOU, YOU PENIS!"

Vlaric
02-02-2006, 07:19 PM
Linkin Park fanatics
Green Day fanatics
Fallout Boy/Click 5/etc. fanatics

Vlaric
02-02-2006, 07:20 PM
H.I.M fans. I hate them. "Oh, we don't fit in, so we ALL wear these heartagrams to look different. LOOK AROUND YOU, YOU PENIS!"
:cheers:

EpiSG-PeAVey
02-02-2006, 10:31 PM
but i can't stand the emo guys, tight cloths, so i guess fans of taking back sunday and the like.

PLEASE DON't GET ME STARTED ON THOSE F*CKING EMO FAG's. they all think they are the best musicians in the world and they all think they can sing too.

ok greenday is gay.. they hate america even though they get thousands of dollars off of america. if i met billie joe (freakin hic name) i would kick his ass and love it.

and i hate people who think hardcore rock is the worlds greatest music.. you can't even understand what the hell they are saying all you hear is like deep riffs with alot of double bass and screaming like a girl with like ridiculously gay solos.. do you call that music?? i don't

oh and for system of a down? i hope daron gets a hair cut, the basist gains some weight and cuts that gay gotee thing he has. and the lead singer is gay and just dies.

EpiSG-PeAVey
02-02-2006, 10:40 PM
a few more things,

anyone who loves lamb of god should just die and go to hell so they can be where they think they are "oh life is pain ooh" shut the f*uck up.

and wiggers.... they all think they are hard and can beat the living crap out of anyone. they all run with all the asians and sh*t, and they all listen to that hard core rap sh*t. get a life you ego maniacle peice of sh*t, i don't dress to fit in, i dress how i fell that day. if im lazy? sweat pants (that fit!) i don't wear pant's that are like down past my ass and have about 4 rolls near the bottom because they are too big with like 40 pockets and tell everyone that i have a glock 9 and ima come cap your ass when your sleeping... F*cking assholes come try it, i will beat your ass with my f*cking fist you little pecker head.....

wow i love this thread... keep it going

FaceTheBass
02-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Led Zepplin fans. I love Zep, but I hate people who think Led Zepplin is God, but ignore the music of every other great rock band.

they're red hot
02-03-2006, 12:32 AM
Led Zeppelin fans.

Hot damn.

To the guy who posted about wiggers...
Whats a wigger?
Do you have something against asians?
What?

EpiSG-PeAVey
02-03-2006, 12:55 AM
to the guy above this...

wiggers are a special type of white boy that think they are black. they go out and buy a ton of rap cd's and they hang with all the black and asian people. they all think they are "hard"(can like kill anyone) and they all wear clothes that fat people should wear... like there shirts are HUGE and my brother made a national "wigger day" where you wear like 4X shirts and you make fun of them. and i don't have anything against asian people in fact my girlfreind is philipinno its just the guys i don't like. there are alot of queer asians and its annoying. and back to the clothing.. there pants are WAY to big, they get their hair all cut like "ghetto" and they wear alot of stuff only black people should wear

aussieguitarman
02-03-2006, 03:49 AM
Led Zepplin fans. I love Zep, but I hate people who think Led Zepplin is God, but ignore the music of every other great rock band.

amen to that

for me its just people who worship one band and think they are the greatest band of all time and wont listen to anyone else, makes it worse if its someone like simple plan or green day, I honestly dont know how people like simple plan.

no offence to anyone on these boards that does like them they are just not my cup of tea

:peace:

jesusgonewrong
02-03-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by EpiSG-PeAVey:
and they wear alot of stuff only black people should wear

Hmm and what exactley should black people wear? I didn't realise that there where specially designed clothes for each ethnic group. So because I am white (or rather purple in this weather) I should not wear certain clothes?

Maybe you didn't mean that as a racist comment or maybe you just have certain issues with people with other skin colours. I hope it wasn't the former as in this day and age that would be very tragic, more tragic than a emo band could cry about.

Btw, on your LOG post you think anyone who likes them should die. Hmm, very mature, although I'll admit the lyrics are extremely poor the guitaring is fairly good. So aside from being racist & immature I'm sure you're a great guy. But wait, there's more:

PLEASE DON't GET ME STARTED ON THOSE F*CKING EMO FAG's

Hmm, so you have trouble with how people choose to dress. I mean, if they actually threaten you/make fun of/bully etc. then you have every right to insult them back. However, the term "fag" is a modern term for gay and as most immature people use the term gay as an insult, I'm willing to bet you're also homophobic. Btw, since when has a queer ever insulted you on your sexuality? I quite doubt that the situation has occured.

Followed by ok greenday is gay & and the lead singer is gay and just dies You have achieved the grand stance of "homophobic racist". Btw when you say that the lead singer of SOAD "is gay and just dies" do you mean as opposed to every other living person on earth. Because last time I checked we all die, that's the one thing assured when we are born.

So 3 things I can recommend for you:
1. Leave the kkk
2. Try to realise that everyone is different and although we aren't all the same sexuality it doesn't mean that we can't all get along.
3. Grow up.

:peace:

EpiSG-PeAVey
02-03-2006, 03:32 PM
what is the point of attacking other people on this.. i obviously don't like those bands and im not a dumbass dude. infact my dad just freaking died two weeks ago and thats why im so angry and racial. im only 14. its MY opinion and all you did was correct me therefore you have something against me and you should of just PMed me instead of take up space in this thread.

and F.Y.I. two of my uncles are gay, and i have a ton of black freinds. so up yours asshole

Canadiens1160
02-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Most woman fans because 80% listin to the bands only for the image.That's the dumbest thing I've read today. Considering this is the internet, I commend you - that's not easy to pull off.

CowsWithGuns
02-03-2006, 05:45 PM
I call them wanksters. (wannabe gangsters)I've seen black people who were wannabe gangsters but didn't come close to the real thing.

jesusgonewrong
02-04-2006, 11:25 AM
what is the point of attacking other people on this.. i obviously don't like those bands and im not a dumbass dude. infact my dad just freaking died two weeks ago and thats why im so angry and racial. im only 14. its MY opinion and all you did was correct me therefore you have something against me and you should of just PMed me instead of take up space in this thread.

and F.Y.I. two of my uncles are gay, and i have a ton of black freinds. so up yours asshole

Who else am I attacking? Btw what does being a dumass have to do with your dad dying 2 weeks ago? I suppose I'll have to answer this for you as otherwise we could be waiting a long time for a answer. It has NOTHING to do with your dad dying, so don't even try to use the sympathy card as it is powerless against me! If you were telling the truth and do indeed have two gay uncles and tons of black friends why did you decide to make racist and homophobic comments?

Your dad died recently, and for that I feel sorry for you. However, that is no excuse for making racist and homophobic comments so be a man and get on with it. People die, it's the one thing we're assured, so don't try to use your fathers death as an excuse for prejudice and general slandering of other people who have done NOTHING to you.

Also, the reason I didn't PM you is because many more racist and homophobic people will come to this thread and make comments that are racist and homophobic. I posted my response as not only "correcting you" but also so that others can learn can be dispersuaded from making such stupid and prejudice comments.

And finally moving on to: its MY opinion and all you did was correct me therefore you have something against me
Actually, it doesn't necessarily mean I have something against you. I have something against your idea's, not you as a person. Anywho how does correcting you make me have something against you? Again, I may have to wait a long time for an answer so I'll give you it: It doesn't. Well, to be fair I must commend you as you admit it's wrong, so I see my message has got through.

gunsnzeppelin09
02-04-2006, 01:20 PM
any punk rock fan- its easily the biggest peice of garbage the music industry has ever seen. Not to mention every band sounds the same.

EDIT: not counting rap because I wouldn't even consider that music.

gunsnzeppelin09
02-04-2006, 01:25 PM

True...I dont think anything pisses me off more than when somebody days that led zeppelin is their favorite singer.

Lukeisonfire
04-29-2006, 10:17 AM
A7x and green day fans aghhhh!

Falcatarius
04-29-2006, 10:50 AM
Any form of elitists or close-minded morons. Be they from blues, classic rock, punk, emo, classical, metal ANYTHING. Also, any form of "one band fan".

I think the metal elitists are the worst, but that's probably just because those are the ones i bump into the most.

Cheers
-Falcatarius

Edit: As a side note, i'd like to give a general pat-on-the-back to just about everyone who's posted in this thread. I admit i'm greatly impressed that the folks here at UG can release their aggrivation as a group without it devolving into a senseless flame war that would never end. I'm also impressed that everyone's accepted that we are talking in generalizations and don't get to fussed if they see their favourite sounds up here.

supernova12
04-30-2006, 01:00 AM
Yeah, Falcatarius has a point but to single a few out i don't like people who wear muse shirts to show how edgy, alternative and individual they are and girls and guys who wear zeppelin t-shirts and ramones t-shirts having never been exposed to anything other than stairway and maybe black dog.

supernova12
04-30-2006, 01:05 AM
oh, and simple plan, green day and my chemical romance people who's jeans seem to defy the laws of physics and remain perpetually below the buttocks

AWA
04-30-2006, 01:55 AM
Guns n Roses fans
Led Zeppelin fans
Lynyrd Skynyrd fans
Metal fans
Green Day fans
Van Halen fans
AC/DC fans
Nu-Metal fans

they piss me off

CowsWithGuns
04-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Misfits fans and Anti-Flag fans can be pretty damn annoying. Annoying Anti-Flag fans think that they understand every single little thing about politics and are rebels purely because they listen to Anti-Flag. Annoying Misfits fans never shut the **** up about how much they love or hate Graves/Jerry/Danzig and alot of the dumber and preppier ones seem to like to think of themselves as rebels because ZOMIGAWD THEY SING 'BOUT ZOMBIES AN' EVIL AN' STUFF!!!111!!11!11!1 (Actually the whole "I'm a rebel because I listen to (some semi-mainstream punk/nu-metal/pop rock disguised ad pop punk)" mindset annoys me)

One more thing a I hate is fans who talk way too loudly at shows about certain things in a desperate attempt to try and look cool.

Example 1: I was at a Misfits show last October. It was just before their set and I was in the crowd in front of the stage. Along came 3 guys in hoodies, trucker hats and chucks, who began a very loud conversation on how they were going to start a pit. Keep in mind that talking slightly loudly would have been enough for someone to hear you. These ****s were shouting.

" OK, I"M GOING TO START HERE AND IT SHOULD RADIATE OUT ABOUT 5 FEET!"
"THEN I'LL START MOSHING AND THE PEOPLE FROM MY PIT SHOULD MEET WITH THE PEOPLE FROM YOUR PIT AND IT'LL JUST GO FROM THERE!!!!"

Example 2: I was standing outside of a local venue waiting for the doors to open for a hardcore and street punk show. Again, 3 guys were standing near me talking. They didn't get loud except for one sentance but it was enough.

"I hear that some hippy chick is coming to this show."
"YAY, WE GET TO BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF SOMEONE!!!!!!"

Oh yeah, nothings more XXTUFFXX than 3 guys beating up a girl. (nothing happened at the show if any of you were wondering.)

Draken
04-30-2006, 01:25 PM
Musical Elitists and people who can't enjoy or respect other peoples musical views are the worst in general.

TehNez
04-30-2006, 01:31 PM
Any band that has a scene following. Number 12 looks like you, Taking Back Sunday, stuff like that. Ooh hXc!

seljer, Tool fans are obsessive because it's either Love or Hate with them, no in between. If you like em, chances are they are your favorite band. The true fans basically view them as Gods. Litterally.