Is there a site like this for piano?

PDA

View Full Version : Is there a site like this for piano?

phoward_15
11-23-2005, 07:26 PM
Hey there -

I'm learning how to play the piano now along with the guitar. I'm trying to find a site just like this for piano but can't find one. Does anyone know of a site where you can get everything that this site offers such as music for bands and so forth?

Thanks,
phoward_15

Zamboni
11-23-2005, 08:05 PM
I doubt it. Have you googled?

gogita21
11-23-2005, 09:47 PM
There's no such thing as piano tablature. Learn to read music, then search google for "free sheet music." You can find some good free pdfs of classical music.

thenexthendrix
11-23-2005, 10:52 PM
www.ultimate-piano.com

HopePoisoned
11-23-2005, 11:36 PM
There's no such thing as piano tablature. Learn to read music, then search google for "free sheet music." You can find some good free pdfs of classical music.

that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard

I get piano tabs all the time - 4 lines all for fingers and notes are represented on the lines

there's some tab exchange piano site, but probably not for you

just go www.911tabs.com and filter for piano tabs - you should be able to figure it out as long as you know notes

phoward_15
11-27-2005, 10:39 AM
HopePoisoned thank you very much for a sensible answer. Yes I know how to read piano music. I'll check out the site and see what I can find.

Man there can be some real dumbasses on this site that are not helpful at all.

Thanks again.

@zzasin
11-27-2005, 11:01 AM
No one suggested www.8notes.com...

MATTTHEMOP
11-27-2005, 12:17 PM
i think learning sheet music is a lot more worthwhile, for any instrument.

John Kimble
11-27-2005, 12:28 PM
that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard

I get piano tabs all the time - 4 lines all for fingers and notes are represented on the lines

there's some tab exchange piano site, but probably not for you

just go www.911tabs.com and filter for piano tabs - you should be able to figure it out as long as you know notes

You have to admit, usings tabs for piano is pretty ridiculus.

scroungemonkeys
11-27-2005, 12:37 PM
You have to admit, usings tabs for piano is pretty ridiculus.

I admit it....since sheet music for piano is not all that complicated....well not always...start with simple stuff and work your way up.....maybe check your local college for a piano book....that would be a good place to start

8notes.com is a good free music site...but their stuff is all almost a beginner level..hell I can play 1/2 the piano stuff on the site on my guitar(with few changes in octave registers).....

if you really really want to learn piano....go buy a piano book.....one that has the fingerings.....and you can learn....also learn how to play your octave and 5-finger patterns and you will be pretty set...the rest is just practice

Katee_Monster
11-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Well, where might one find free piano sheet music online?

Because I have yet to, and I've been playing for just over 5 years now.

hellblazer_666
11-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Try this site: http://sheetmusiclinks.fateback.com/ it doesn't have music on it but it has links to a ton of other sites with pdf files and arragnements of popular songs. If you want tabs, a fairly pointless procedure because it's not that hard to read piano sheet music, i'd go to 911 tabs you might find something there.

scroungemonkeys
11-27-2005, 05:30 PM
www.8notes.com

you can click this link for just FREE PIANO MUSIC

http://8notes.com/piano_sheet_music.asp

and....select the song, near the top of the page there will be a grey bar with the title of the piece and four different tabs....."score info" "Gif/MIdi" etc...

click on Gif/Midi and you will get to a page like this one
http://8notes.com/scores/2859.asp?ftype=midi

you can print out the music that way...sadly you have to do it one page at a time...just use the >> and << buttons to change pages...you can also play the Midi (at insane uncharacteristic tempos)

182bitterstarts
11-27-2005, 10:33 PM
taborama.com has keyboard tabs and forums

Green_Fox
11-27-2005, 11:04 PM
www.sheetmusicarchive.net

whenever your ready, there's free classical sheet music.
keep it in your favorites or something if you want.

ThEpOsHyOsH
08-01-2013, 11:15 AM

Actually there is but only for a couple songs check them out on tabs 911 :)

BladeSlinger
08-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Really.

EIGHT YEARS.

jazz_rock_feel
08-01-2013, 11:23 AM
:haha:

So many forbidden links.

J-Dawg158
08-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Obligatory www.ultimate-piano.com

TheHydra
08-01-2013, 01:20 PM
I like to think Phoward became a fantastic composer.