Dual guitar metal song [powertab]

PDA

View Full Version : Dual guitar metal song [powertab]

Chubz
11-25-2005, 06:34 PM
Hey guys! Well i've never posted a song here because i usually forget my riffs as soon as I play them. I'll also let you know i'm no music theory expert. I just kind of play what sounds right but i do know basic things baout scales and keys.

Anyway I decided to start my own guitar project with a friend kind of like dual guitars. I want it to be metal , i'm influenced by dream theater, liquid tension experiment, yngwie, satriani, hammet, and myself :D

So i made my tab it's a powertab tell me what you think please! I like it myself so please dont tell me to get rid of it if it soudns bad, you could tell me ways to make it better :)

I don't plan on having any vocals , and this was meant to be on the easier side of things, I'm just learning how to incorporate melody into my songs instead of mindless shredding :o

note: I'm not a powertab beast, I dont spend hours making the tab sound just like real life, so realize that the tab is "imperfect"

ethereal sin
11-25-2005, 07:10 PM
Well...I can't say I liked it. It seemed kind of dull. Sorry to say, but there was no melody. You should really try and work on this some more.

If you get a chance check out my latest http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285734

gutsman
11-25-2005, 07:29 PM
yes it was flawed. there were some parts that I thought had some potentional but nothing on there is really catchy. try giving the riffs a more unique feeling (I know it's hard)

Chubz
11-25-2005, 07:30 PM
thanks for the honesty guys, i need more specifics, which riffs had potential and which didnt?

wonderboy47
11-25-2005, 11:52 PM
I thought it was pretty good, but the opening riff seemed bland. I'm not really much of a metal guy though.

ethereal sin
11-26-2005, 12:51 AM
thanks for the honesty guys, i need more specifics, which riffs had potential and which didnt?

Umm..really none had potential. Try re-doing it ALL. Make them more..catchy, and melodic.

Philosopher1989
11-26-2005, 01:48 AM
Ya i would redo all of it since it all sounds like the riffs you put in would only require a few miliseconds worth of thought. If u're interested in dual guitar songs, check out Helloween's Halloween, great use of 2 guitars and the diminished scale

Pure_Morning
11-26-2005, 03:25 PM
Trying having a solid base to work on before adding solos. You need a lot stronger riffs too. Work on the rhythm and score in powertab so it fits correctly too.