Does Anyone Here Like The Vines?

PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Here Like The Vines?

bassplayer91
11-26-2005, 10:56 PM
Anyone here like the Vines? Yes? No? They are one of my favorite bands and there 3rd album just got done being recorded

snaggledaddy
11-26-2005, 11:04 PM
No.

StreetHawk
11-26-2005, 11:05 PM
the new ones or the old ones? i like both.

xmrchainsawx
11-26-2005, 11:07 PM
I love them. Craig is so freakin bad ass.

I wanna see them in concert, even though I heard they suck.

bassist90
11-26-2005, 11:15 PM
they can't play anymore concerts. there was an article here on UG a long time ago about an illness/disease/whatever that craig has, and large groups of people, stress, etc make him go a bit bananas. look up the article if you can, it's interesting.

stratstrummer40
11-26-2005, 11:36 PM
Noooooooo the vines are horrible, I hear there **** live too.

Goon
11-27-2005, 02:59 AM
I love the Vines. Highly Evolved is an amazing album. Winning days was not as good though. I will be definitely buying the new album as soon as its out.

Abe
11-27-2005, 05:52 AM
I like their singles, anything else I've heard I've not liked.

Andrewbiles
11-27-2005, 07:10 AM
^ Exactly what I've always found :cheers:

bobjewell87
11-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Only song i've liked was 'winning days'. Though the video for 'Ride' is quite good as well. I hated everything that i heard from the first album with a passion.

Tenacious_dex
11-27-2005, 09:23 AM
they can't play anymore concerts. there was an article here on UG a long time ago about an illness/disease/whatever that craig has, and large groups of people, stress, etc make him go a bit bananas. look up the article if you can, it's interesting.
Have you seen the video at the MTV awards when the play just after the Hives? He seemed a little crazy then.

I like The Vines, they have a good mix of faster and slower songs. They're cover of Paint it Black by the Rolling Stones is great. I might buy their new album.

ghettohippygrrl
11-27-2005, 03:04 PM
I really liked that song "Get Free" despite that low-budget-looking video. And I liked "Ride" because of those damn iPod commercials.

I saw them live on Dave Letterman once. That lead singer, he is either a) a weirdo b) a druggie c) pretentious or d) trying hard. But it looked like a combo of A & B to me. I'm sure falling around during a performance singly badly and knocking stuff over seems like a good idea when your f'ed up.

DorkusMalorkus
11-27-2005, 03:58 PM
He has aspergers syndrom ^. Look it up...He does a lot of pot too...

I like the vines, not like I used to, but I still like them...

ghettohippygrrl
11-27-2005, 09:21 PM
Oooh, I guess it was choice E. ;)

thomyorke_123
11-28-2005, 06:22 AM
their second album was crap but highly evolved is a classic

fuzzybunny
11-28-2005, 06:01 PM
They're not my thing at all, tbh... Even their singles (which according to some of my friends who loved them were their best tracks) sort of grated. I don't like the guy's voice, and their riffs kind of bore me. In all honesty, I only listened to their first album once through before giving it away... Maybe they're just one of those bands that grows on you.

DorkusMalorkus
11-28-2005, 06:23 PM
They're not my thing at all, tbh... Even their singles (which according to some of my friends who loved them were their best tracks) sort of grated. I don't like the guy's voice, and their riffs kind of bore me. In all honesty, I only listened to their first album once through before giving it away... Maybe they're just one of those bands that grows on you.
The vines do grow on you...lol....puns suck...

fuzzybunny
11-28-2005, 08:19 PM
^Hurr hurr, I'm just gonna pretend I meant to make it in the first place :p:

Goon
11-28-2005, 11:14 PM

I don't really like the singles too much at all. Try listening to the slower melodic tracks and the harmonies, it's what i great about The Vines and why some people dont understand them.

YAY_FOR_PIE
12-01-2005, 05:15 PM
I have Highly Evolved, but I don't like it.

Tenacious_dex
12-01-2005, 05:21 PM
I have Highly Evolved, but I don't like it.
You can send it me if you really want. :) For free of course....

WhiteStripesIII
07-17-2006, 01:01 PM
He has aspergers syndrom

Good for him, lucky guy.

Glen_Hansard
07-17-2006, 01:05 PM
I have Highly Evolved, I like it. Aspergers Syndrome + Alcohol = one crazy mother****er, I love watching Craig live.

*Truly Ninja*
07-17-2006, 01:31 PM
Yeah, back in the 8th grade.

WhiteStripesIII
07-17-2006, 01:49 PM
I have Highly Evolved, I like it. Aspergers Syndrome + Alcohol = one crazy mother****er, I love watching Craig live.

Aspergers + Alcohol = No differance.

Aspergers is a form of autism. Basicly it's communication and social interaction problems. It's also proven that people with Aspergers have an above average IQ. Albert Einstein, Bill Gates and many more people have Aspergers, things like alcohol dont affect their behavior any differantly then acholhol and any else. :)

Glen_Hansard
07-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Aspergers + Alcohol = No differance.

Aspergers is a form of autism. Basicly it's communication and social interaction problems. It's also proven that people with Aspergers have an above average IQ. Albert Einstein, Bill Gates and many more people have Aspergers, things like alcohol dont affect their behavior any differantly then acholhol and any else. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQgZB3sFdhY&search=Get%20Free%20Letterman

Caustic
07-17-2006, 04:09 PM
Highly Evolved is great, but I really, really have to be in the mood to listen to it.

DorkusMalorkus
07-17-2006, 04:14 PM
I'm gonna post again.

The Vines were one of the bands that I first started listening to when I was getting into music, so I will always like them, or at least have that connection to them. I don't like there music as much as I used to, but everyone once in a while I like listening to them to remember how it was when I first started getting into music.

Glen_Hansard
07-17-2006, 04:41 PM
^Same with Nirvana for me.

sponj
07-17-2006, 04:52 PM
^ that's the awesomest video ever

Bmm386
07-18-2006, 09:08 AM
I never bought an album, but i like the singles.

xmrchainsawx
07-18-2006, 09:20 AM
I never bought an album, but i like the singles.

There are some real gems on Highly Evolved and Winnings Days that you should check out.

The new album isnt anywhere near as good as those two, but thats normally the case.

-February-Star-
07-18-2006, 03:53 PM
i like the vines, shame they cant tour any more though :( i got the new album, Vision VAlley and enjoyed it a lot. My band covered Fuk Yeh, it took a lot of practising to nail those 5 chords hehe.

Yakult
07-19-2006, 07:31 AM
My god that video is amazing: he is one crazy motherf*cker. Asbergers or no asbergers, he's absolutely mental. I know someone with the same condition, and he is NOT like that :p:

j0nmcc
07-19-2006, 09:05 AM
i always found the vines distinctly average...

DorkusMalorkus
07-19-2006, 09:40 AM
My god that video is amazing: he is one crazy motherf*cker. Asbergers or no asbergers, he's absolutely mental. I know someone with the same condition, and he is NOT like that :p:
It is Aspergers, not Ass Burgers. :D

jxljxl
06-10-2007, 11:43 AM
The Vines are so cool

Mack56
06-10-2007, 01:06 PM
oh my god. that video is the greatest thing ever.

but yeah, i like the vines, never really bought their albums, but the stuff i've heard is pretty good.

batesyy
06-11-2007, 01:23 AM
I love 'em. Always liked them, even with his antics.

Some might say he is average, but he can make some real good music.

Example (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiwksK7HgWo)

It's a shame Patrick left, but it was his choice, and he couldn't take it anymore after what happened at Annandale.

Their most recent record is great. Some catchy songs. :)

Ow_en
06-11-2007, 11:28 AM
I really got into them when i was younged with highly evolved, got winning days and that wasnt so bad, no way as good as HE but still some goond songs on it, got Vision Valley and thought it was tripe, only listened to it a couple of times.

HawkaLuigi
06-11-2007, 11:47 AM
I had their CD a few years ago, but I didn't like them so much.

VoodooChild15
06-11-2007, 11:47 AM
I love them. Craig does some of the best vocals in rock these days. They're not great live, though.

Mack56
06-11-2007, 10:46 PM
So, i dug out Highly Evolved, and i gotta say, it's still a really good album imo. I didn't really know what to expect considering everything, but i really like it.

paintITblack39
06-11-2007, 10:55 PM
I have their second album, which I keep forgetting the name of. I listen to them occasionally now, not as much as I used to.

greggybhoy
06-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Anyone here like the Vines? Yes? No? They are one of my favorite bands and there 3rd album just got done being recorded

Their third album is already out. (Vision Valley) it must be the 4th one you're talkng about.

I quite like them, I have all the albums thus far but I would say they are a bit samey. But if it ain't broke don't fix it. It is a shame the music is overshadowed by CraigNicholl's Aspergers Syndrome though.

Tenacious_dex
06-12-2007, 12:00 PM
^bassplayer91's post was from 2005, so he was talking about Vision Valley.

I've been listening alot to that album lately, Spaceship and Vision Valley are such good songs.

VoodooChild15
06-12-2007, 12:05 PM
^Yeah, I don't find myself listening to nearly as many of the post-Highly evolved fast songs as I do the slow mellow stuff. I'm also a little obsessed with the idea of Spaceship, to the point where it's the tentative title to whever book or movie I write out of my high school experience. There's just something enticing about the word. I write it on all of my notebooks. Haunting song.

European Son
06-12-2007, 01:03 PM
I don't think Vision Valley was half as good as HE and WD. Spaceship is a wonderful song, though.

European Son
06-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Have anyone else noticed that Craig Nicholls sounds very similiar to Black Francis of the Pixies when he/they scream? Just listen to for example 'Here Comes Your Man' and pretty much any Vines song where he screams (which is a majority of their songs) and compare. I just recently heard it and figured I had to share it with my fellow UGers. :p:

garage_kid
02-20-2008, 06:47 PM
i love The Vines, and the made that i've asperger as Craig has helped a lot, but it's apart, 'cause i totally love The Vines, and i don't imagine my world without them...