[TAB] just a little something...hybrid picking.

PDA

View Full Version : [TAB] just a little something...hybrid picking.

Deluxe
11-27-2005, 02:36 AM
Hi.

This is one I just wrote a while back but never got around to tabbin it out.

Play it lightely distorted, I don't feel like putting in all the time it would take to properly show the timing and stuff, but I think it's pretty simple.

Anyways, here's the partial song I wrote.

E---------5-----3---5------------------5------------8-----------------
B-5/6---6---6-5---5---6-5-3-5--5/6---6---6-5--8-6-5---5--6-5----------
G-----5----------------------------5----------------------------------
D-------------------------------------------------------------7-5H7-5-
A-3/5--------------------------3/5-----------------------8------------
E---------------------------------------------------------------------
-
E----------------------------------------------------------------------
B-5----5-/10-10-8--6-5-------5----------5H6/11-10~-11-11--------11-10--
G----5---------------------------------7---------------------10--------
D-------------------------------------7---------------------12---------
A-7----------------8------7^-5----7--5-------------13-13---13----------
E-----------------------8-------5-8-----------------------10-----------
--
E-10h13p10----------------10h13p10---------------------------------------~
B-10-------13-11-10-10h11-10-------13-11-10-10h11-11--10--8-\-------5-/6-~
G-10----------------------10---------------------------------------------~
D------------------------------------------------------------------------~
A-------------------------------------------------13--12--10\--x-3----/5-~
E------------------------------------------------------------------------~-

Any feedback would be a plus.

Deluxe
11-28-2005, 12:30 AM
Ok, I tweaked the font size a tad bit so it's easier to read. I guess for the timing I'll just say that it's a pretty steady melody. Except when there are two dash marks instead of one...then you'll, obviously, wait a tad bit longer to play the next note.

Deluxe
12-02-2005, 08:53 PM
That bad huh? Well, t least let me know how to improve on it. I know timing is really hard to get in tab formats, but just play it at an even 4/4 tempo.

It's funny how all these punkish songs with no more than a few powerchords get replies, and all the threads that don't follow the rules get more critique...ah well.

Maybe someone in the next 101 views will take the time to help me out.

hthedinga
12-02-2005, 10:43 PM
After playing through it I'd say it's not too shabby. I'm not sure exactly what hybrid picking is, maybe the same as chickin picking? Well I just used my fingers and could play it fine. I like the flow of it and how it doesn't repeat anything too much and how it moves around the neck. It seems like after the B--6-5-3-5- that it wants to go to a C. That's really it for specific bad things. I'm sure I'd like this more if I knew what the rhythm was, how fast to play it, etc. and that that would fix some of the criticisms I'm thinking about.

You're right about the types of posts that get replies. There's probably a better place to post riffs that doesn't just have a bunch of immature people that most only know power chords.

You might check out this song that I wrote: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288058
It sounds best on an accoustic, but could be played on an electric from clean to slightly distorted. There's more to the song than that, but if you play any of it, make sure to play the chorus part.

Deluxe
12-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Hybrid picking is when you use fingerpicking technique with your middle,ring, and little finger, and use normal picking (with a pick) with your thumb and pointer finger.

So basically, just hold a pick like normal and use that to play some of the notes, and use fingerpicking for others.

On this tab I only use hybrid pickng when two notes are played at the same time, then I use normal picking for the arpeggios and everything else.

And thanks for the reply :)