Intro for pop-rock-ish song.

PDA

View Full Version : Intro for pop-rock-ish song.

Retribution
11-28-2005, 09:48 PM
E--------10---------10------------------------------------
B-----8-----8----8------8--------------------------------
G--9-----------9-----------------------------------------
D--------------------------------------------------------
A--------------------------------------------------------
E-------------------------------------------------------- Repeated for an intro

How does that sound for an intro? Any help is appreciated. I know it's kind of simple, but I haven't been playing that long. I might add in some hammer-ons later in the week... or just save those and use that part as a verse thing.Repeated for an intro ; I guess it's played moderately fast... but not that fast.

How does that sound for an intro? Any help is appreciated. I know it's kind of simple, but I haven't been playing that long. I might add in some hammer-ons later in the week... or just save those and use that part as a verse thing.

bassmonkey16
11-28-2005, 09:57 PM
true, its simple, but it's a good start. keyword is start. ellaborate upon it, who knows, it could turn out quite well. simple, but if it sounds good thats all that matters, eh?
keep a-writin'

bassmonkey16
11-28-2005, 09:58 PM
hey! you took my sig! "crit for crit and all that jazz"!! wtf?!?!?

jk bro

Retribution
11-28-2005, 10:07 PM
hey! you took my sig! "crit for crit and all that jazz"!! wtf?!?!?

jk bro

haha, sorry...

I'll change it soon. I really signed up for S&L forum, but figured I've gotta start writing guitar parts for them, so began doing that. I need some good acoustic chord progressions... cause I wanna work on some solo-acoustic stuff.

madhampster
11-28-2005, 10:10 PM
it reminds me of that one blink song... but would be kinda cool if you came up with more to it.

achunkymonkey8u
11-28-2005, 10:12 PM
haha, sorry...

I'll change it soon. I really signed up for S&L forum, but figured I've gotta start writing guitar parts for them, so began doing that. I need some good acoustic chord progressions... cause I wanna work on some solo-acoustic stuff.

then definitely check out some theory...or http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/chord_progressions.php
that'll give you some quick ideas

as for your riff: it's a bit simple, but i liked it. It had a nice feel to it, and would probably sound good with some barre chords over it. maybe elaborate a little more and i think you've got something.