[powertab]part of a song

PDA

View Full Version : [powertab]part of a song

Andrewbiles
11-29-2005, 06:48 PM
Only actually used powertabs for the first time the other day to write a tab and it was awkward at first finding all the buttons, but I wanted to put some of my tracks down onto it so I didn't have to rely on an ever-worsening memory. So yeah, I've had a few riffs in my head for a while and this is one of them, most of the rest I just made up when writing it out but tell me what you think (the end few parts are just messing about).

Also, if I need to include a MIDI file (I've noticed a couple on here that do), how? And why?

Gutch220
11-29-2005, 07:02 PM
I think you might have something there. The intro was my favorite part. It kinda had a chili peppers vibe thing going. The part after that was ok too, see what you think about 8 7 in that part instead of 8 5. I think it fits the intro better but thats just me. the ending was similar to the intro but i liked the intro better. Power tab is pretty cool but harder to use than guitar pro in my opinion, but you can print and save whole songs on power tab and not the demo of guitar pro. To get a MIDI file just go to the File menu and Export MIDI.

Andrewbiles
11-30-2005, 07:17 AM
I thought about 8 7 at the time of writing it, but I wasn't sure between the two and in the end I decided it was just a bit too obvious almost, but yeah, thanks for the recommendation.

n00blet
11-30-2005, 11:25 AM
nice start! not my usual kind of music but i can understand the chilli peppers reference . keep it uup:) if u have the time http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287769

Grovermans
11-30-2005, 08:32 PM
it was okay :p:

try adding in some more parts
and changing the guitar sounds
and adding in other guitars
and everything like that,
and it'd be much better.

but when i first saw your name
on the list in this forum
with "powertab" beside it
i was all like OMGGGGG.

haha.

check out some of my stuff
if you have the time to.
i'd love your opinion :)

Andrewbiles
11-30-2005, 09:18 PM
Yeah, I worked out how to get a second guitar section written up but for some reason it wasn't playing it back for me so I gave up on that idea. Any hints? Also, the time signature change thing I'd love to know how to do (I noticed you used it).

Link me to some others of yours if you have any, I'm just heading off to bed and I'll probably forget in the morning otherwise.
:cheers:

Grovermans
11-30-2005, 09:21 PM
to get another guitar and stuff you need to
go into the guitar options in the corner
(it's the picture of the red guitar)
and then make it and you can
change all that stuff around
and then you click add new staff
and then guitar in and add the guitar.

haha there's a "help with powertab" thread
that answers like all of those questions.

saddam
12-01-2005, 12:29 PM
i thought it was really good, start extending it!!! check out mine: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288602

Andrewbiles
12-01-2005, 01:37 PM
^ Will do in one minute.

to get another guitar and stuff you need to
go into the guitar options in the corner
(it's the picture of the red guitar)
and then make it and you can
change all that stuff around
and then you click add new staff
and then guitar in and add the guitar.

haha there's a "help with powertab" thread
that answers like all of those questions.

Ah ok, I'll give that a shot later then :cheers:

Weebl
12-04-2005, 09:24 AM
It pretty good, some catchy riffs in there, although i wasnt a fan of that dissonant run thing, and in a couple of places it sounds like the timing is a little messed up and not what you intended it to be but its not really a problem, i remember how bad i was when i first started using powertab. Anyway theres some cool ideas in there, definatly try adding to it, check out mine if you can http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289753 cheers :cheers:

Chubz
12-04-2005, 10:24 AM
The intro had nice rhythm.

I liked line 10's riff too,
it seemed like a fun song. I'm not sure what genre it is, lol.
It flowed nicely together

check mine out if you have the time
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289441

Andrewbiles
12-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Yeah, the timing of bits I struggled slightly with, but it's all pretty close to how I wanted it, just couldn't be bothered spending any more time sorting out the timing.
As for genre, **** knows, didn't think about that, I guess it'd depend more on what the rest of the instrumentation would play.
Thanks for the comments, I'll comment back :cheers: