nice acoustic

PDA

View Full Version : nice acoustic

LPriffer23
11-30-2005, 09:51 PM
im not sure if this is the right forum for this, if not, just tell me, but I was workin on a song tonight and i was wonderin what you all thought. Its finger picking with the thumb pickin the A string and the middle and index picking the G and B strings. The rhythm is under the tab

E-l------------------------------------------------------
B-l-----1--------1--------1-------1------1------1-----
G-l------------0-----------------0--------------0-------
D-l-------------------------------------------------------
A-l--3-----3----------2------2-------0-----0----------
E-l-------------------------------------------------------
i know it doesnt look spaced right on the tab, but it is in 4/4 time, and i would like to get another two beats out of it. any suggestions, please let me know

LPriffer23
11-30-2005, 09:52 PM
the beat is pretty much 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and the count is on the 1st note, 4th note, 6th, 9th, 11th....and u get it

StaticFrame
11-30-2005, 10:05 PM
It sounds like something.... can't place a finger on it

hthedinga
11-30-2005, 10:06 PM
Just highlight the tab and select the font "Courier New." That's the font you should use when making tabs. I get by just fine without using any of that coding junk. That song sounds rather predictable. If you want to keep that trend I'd recommend your next note be an "E-|--3" (G). If you like that and don't want to go back to the C just yet you could always hit a low F followed by a low E, then an F, and then a G, which you could resolve by taking your finger off the B string.

Here's a song I made that you might like:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288058

metaljunkie
11-30-2005, 10:20 PM
i say that you got back to the 2 on A

LPriffer23
11-30-2005, 10:25 PM
yeah, i was thinkin about goin back to B, but i like the G idea. I just messed around with it for a bit and it sounded nice. I also tinkered around with playin the high D on the B string a bit and playin around in that B,C,D range.....but n e more suggestions are def helpful, and i would be happy to comment on ur songs

hthedinga
11-30-2005, 10:26 PM
I say that after playing an extended version of that twice you rip into some 10ths, still using the open G string, pluck the 3 strings quickly while moving in up and down the scale, still keeping the 10th between A and B strings. You can mix that up with more traditional finger picking and then also come up with a melody to go over a simple chord progression as a possible interlude between parts. The first 10th you should hit would be A-3, G-0, B-5

tank_o_O
12-22-2005, 11:40 PM
its creed with arms wide open, the intro a lil bit

braindeadzombie
12-24-2005, 01:34 PM
It's nice... here's a suggestion to finish it off:

e|----------------|----------------|----------------|-----------0----|
B|-----1-------1--|-----1-------1--|-----1-------1--|-----1-------3--|
G|-----------0----|-----------0----|-----------0----|----------------|
D|----------------|----------------|----------------|-3-------3------|
A|-3-------3------|-2-------2------|-0-------0------|----------------|
E|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|