Metal song (powertab)

PDA

View Full Version : Metal song (powertab)

saddam
12-01-2005, 12:25 PM
hey, this is my newest song, it's death metal, tell me what you think...

n00blet
12-01-2005, 01:12 PM
hey, ye its good maybe u could add a cool clean bit after breakdown to make a better build up. oohh just got to solo very nice touch like it alot and interludes nice with that bass line. keep working good so far :)

Andrewbiles
12-01-2005, 01:44 PM
So many different sections! It's not really my kind of thing at the moment, but yeah, it's not bad at all. Can you play the ending of that solo?
There were a couple of little bits that sounded not so great, and sometimes in the solo it sounded as though it went a bit out of time almost, but other than that, most of it seemed pretty good.

Grovermans
12-01-2005, 06:02 PM
i don't think the dissonance
was used well when you used it.
the constant palm-muting rhythms
got really annoying to me.
i didn't really like the solo either.

saddam
12-02-2005, 06:52 AM
the dissonance i thought is something you need in a death metal song...

Grovermans
12-02-2005, 08:10 AM
no, i didn't say you shouldn't have used it.
you just used it in the wrong spots
and in the wrong ways, i thought.
like... you've got 3 bars of a systematic riff
and then on the last time, you decide to
add dissonance to it, but keep it systematic.

i just don't think it really worked.

Weebl
12-04-2005, 07:55 AM
Its pretty good, the solo was good, the riffs for the most part were good but like its been said the dissonance doesnt always work, for the most part it does quite well but the one i thought that really wasnt working was in the chorus in the 2nd bar on the 2nd little melody part. The first note works but the second doesnt, other than that I liked this song, check out mine if you can http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289753 thanks :)

xdespairfactor
12-04-2005, 03:26 PM
can you make a midi of it please? and check out my latest metal song

piratepirate
12-06-2005, 03:25 PM
I thought it was pretty good. Death metal ain't really my thing, but there was some killer riffing in there. Solo was done nicely, had some sweet licks in it.

Spark1284
12-06-2005, 11:19 PM
if death metal isnt theses peoples things, then they shouldnt be commenting... from one metalhead to another, i loved it, ESPECIALLY the solo, i dont know HOW u made it work with all the chromaticism. there were a few notes here and there i personally didnt like much, but this was an excelent metal piece... great job and keep it up

Generalpwnt
12-07-2005, 08:10 PM
kinda repetetive to me, but hey, slap in some lyrics and stuff on this baby and u've got one smoken death metal song. Sound kinda egyptian-ish to me but i like it.

Contraband
12-10-2005, 04:05 PM
had a pretty good groove, but I didn't like the fact that both guitars play the same thing basically :/ and you've got too much fast open string palm muting going on - everything you play on the low B is really monotonous and the riffs need more variety.

It's not bad really, just the only thing that's interesting is the first few times you play that intro. Everything else is bland. And the solo - no offense but scrap it. It's got all these little fast parts that should sound orgasmic but don't end up doing so in the end.

leo_p8
02-09-2006, 09:51 AM
I'm a metal head. I liked it. The solo needs some work... it just needs some more fill to it. Other that I actually thought the song flowed well. I could imagine the drums going in the background. Good job dude.

ź├Fire¤nside╗
02-10-2006, 11:30 PM
I thought that was pretty damn good. Add vocals/other instruments and I'd be pretty interested on hearing a final product. Nice job man.

saddam
02-11-2006, 12:42 PM
hey, i've changed some parts in this song, and some solos, just a small update. I'm still working on an ending though, maybe someone can help me out? it's all finished until after the 2nd solo, so...

ethereal sin
02-14-2006, 04:43 PM
I thought it was great..you have a knack for death metal. Keep up the good work.

xdespairfactor
02-15-2006, 07:56 PM
..midi please?

saddam
02-16-2006, 04:34 AM
here ya go:

Night_Lights
02-17-2006, 04:32 AM
that interlude with the volume swell: very creative!