Punks look for the Holy Grail !

PDA

View Full Version : Punks look for the Holy Grail !

johnnynemo
12-01-2005, 02:11 PM
File under WTF?!?

http://heritage.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=542&id=2154632005

Punk rocker to tell of hunt for Holy Grail

PUNK rocker Rat Scabies is to join renowned international authors to discuss his pilgrimage to France in search of the Holy Grail.

The former drummer with The Damned is to address the latest symposium of the Sauniere Society, set up to help shed some light on one of the world's greatest mysteries. He was invited to speak in Musselburgh after teaming up with ex-music journalist Christopher Dawes to write Rat Scabies and the Holy Grail, published earlier this year.

Scabies will be joining authors including Henry Lincoln, founder of the society and the man who 30 years ago published "The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail", which became a worldwide bestseller and inspired Dan Brown to write the Da Vinci Code.
He was one of the first researchers to look into the story of Berenger Sauniere, a priest at the French village of Rennes-le-Chateau in 1885 who is said to have uncovered a secret chamber containing details of the surviving bloodline of Christ.

Also getting in on the Grail thang is Boyd Rice.

For those unfamiliar with Rice, he's a nutjob who started the "noise" band NON, which, although not, "punk", per se, was similar to some of the things that punk band Throbbing Gristle were experimenting with, i.e. combining total noise with music, in an effort to attack the listener.

Boyd is known to have been one of Charles Manson?s regular visitors at San Quentin, is said to have ostensibly inspired (and received death threats from) deranged serial murderer Jonathan Haynes, and has been detained by the U.S. Secret Service in the 1970s for attempting to present First Lady, Betty Ford, with a skinned sheep?s head.

In the later half of the eighties, Rice developed a close personal friendship with Anton LaVey, founder and leader of The Church of Satan, soon after which Boyd became the church?s public mouthpiece, promoting the Church?s doctrine at universities, on TV talk shows and in on-air radio debates.
Rice played a pivotal role in advancing Satanism as a legitimate religion/philosophy, famously initiating the likes of Marc Almond (of Soft Cell) and Marilyn Manson into the church?s ranks (the latter of which considers Rice his mentor).

Like many nutjobs, he flirted with nazi and fascist ideas and imagery.
In the 90s, he started performing on stage as NON dressed in full fascist military regalia, and his use of distinctly Nazi-esque imagery, such as the Totenkopf. (Google it. I ain't showing ya what it looks like)

Now he's joined in the Hunt For The Holy Grail and has a webpage dedicated to it.

http://www.thevesselofgod.com/

You can read lots of fun facts there, but I'm saving the best part for last ....................................................................................................
and that is .....................

BOYD RICE CLAIMS TO BE A DIRECT DESCENDANT OF JESUS CHRIST!!!

http://www.boydrice.com/interviews/primalchaos.html

VADGE: Not only are you a recording artist and a movie star and a writer, of course, you are also descended from royalty!

BOYD: Yeah. Several years back I went back to the ancestral home of the Rice's and this family genealogist gave me stacks of material that said that the Rice's can claim descent from the Plantagenets of England. And you can trace them to every Royal House in Europe, virtually. The King of the Swedes, Egill The Wicked, the King of the Normans, Rollo and tons of people. I was just in Germany a while back and went to Heinrich the Fowler's tomb, which Heinrich Himmler thought that he was the reincarnation of. He was the first Saxon King and there are family connections that were descendants of Heinrich the Fowler even though I'm not directly connected to him. These people all inner-married with everybody for centuries and centuries to keep this Royal Blood intact. So if you're related to one of these people, you're related to virtually everybody.

VADGE: And you're a direct descendant of the Merovingian family?

BOYD: The Merovingian Dynasty. Yeah. That goes back to King Dagobert the Second and Parsival and Lohengrin and before that to the Grail family.

VADGE: And there's an even more important connection. Isn't there?

BOYD: What? Godfroi de Bouillon?

VADGE: No. I'm thinking of a certain figure who has kind of changed history for the last two thousand years.

BOYD: Oh. Yeah, yeah, yeah. (Laughter) Yeah, Jesus Christ. The story is that Christ was of direct Davidic descent. He came from King David, King Solomon, and didn't die on the cross. Then he came to France with Mary Magdalene or if he did die on the cross she came across pregnant with his child. She came with his brother and some other people. And from those people came all of the royal families of France, and Germany and the Visigoths and Franks.

VADGE: So, what you're saying is that Christ was not celibate.

BOYD: No. I mean'Christ was a Rabbi and Rabbi's are kind of bound by law to have children. As a matter of fact; somebody at the age of thirty-three he could of had a number of children by that time.

VADGE: So that bloodline is carried on. Which brings me to the Dagobert's Revenge people whose web site turned me on to the book "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" that relates this whole story. This is a very elite, royal group that has been trying to carry on it's tradition and it's blood for centuries and centuries now.

BOYD: Yeah.

VADGE: So Boyd Rice is basically a direct descendant of Jesus Christ?!

BOYD: Yeah. And I don't think anybody really understood his philosophy. It's been misinterpreted for two thousand years and I think I'm here to set the record straight.

VADGE: That's a big load to take on.

BOYD: Not at all. It's just a simple misunderstanding. But I've always felt, from the time I was a child, some sense of destiny. I felt like I had something to do and I didn't quite know what it was.

rockinlewis
12-01-2005, 02:25 PM
uhhh

WHAT THE HELL?!

istandalone
12-01-2005, 02:30 PM
wow haha what a douche

Angelic_Demon
12-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Someone read Da Vinci Code too much...

Warm-And-Fuzzy
12-01-2005, 03:13 PM
Mmm...

Maybe they'll get together and make a concept album.

...mmmm

Iluvpowerchords
12-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Mmm...

Maybe they'll get together and make a concept album.

...mmmm

:haha

misfitsdisciple
12-01-2005, 04:03 PM
ok, this is just ODD.

opivy21
12-01-2005, 05:11 PM
WTF is right. Thats some pretty funny/weird stuff.

ScummerVacation
06-13-2006, 03:20 AM
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah, beat this horse.

I do have to say, this is one of the funnier threads I have seen, I should have put Nemo for funniest thread started in the big'ole vote section.

ss311
06-13-2006, 03:29 AM
Okay haha

raise_the_dead
06-13-2006, 05:11 AM
seriously messed up ****. cant helping LOLing though

BrianApocalypse
06-13-2006, 09:13 AM
Actually, last time I went to Charing Cross FRoad, I saw in the window there was a book about Rat Scabies and the Holy Grail.

It was based on the Monty Python film, I think.