Hardest song to play on the GUITAR

PDA

View Full Version : Hardest song to play on the GUITAR

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

NiceGuy
12-03-2005, 04:12 AM
Have you ever wondered what the hardest song would be to play on the guitar? Well here is a thread that can give you some idea of what the hardest songs are to play.

Personally at this stage it has to be "Master of Puppets" from Metallica

mattallica
12-03-2005, 04:14 AM
your gunna get so flamed for this. smoke on the water is pretty damn hard :p:

NiceGuy
12-03-2005, 04:15 AM
Thanx for the info bro ill try and play da song

tonyguitar
12-03-2005, 04:22 AM
......red house jimmi hendrix !!!! the feeling is all !!!!

shredhead22
12-03-2005, 04:22 AM
^the hardest song in the world is SOOO f*ckin hard, if can master the solo then u'r truly better than Steve Vai himself. What is this insanely hard song you ask......SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT!

guywithtoaster
12-03-2005, 04:23 AM
if you want a hard song to play try playing some of the stuff from opeth, the mars volta, dillinger escape plan, or some hendrix.

guywithtoaster
12-03-2005, 04:25 AM
^the hardest song in the world is SOOO f*ckin hard, if can master the solo then u'r truly better than Steve Vai himself. What is this insanely hard song you ask......SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT!

well you know smells like teen spirit would have been a funny answer if you posted before the guy above that mentioned smoke on the water

maged
12-03-2005, 04:26 AM
michael angelo batios music sux, but its hard

tonyguitar
12-03-2005, 04:31 AM
try to play a song of shawn lane!!! or some of symphony X !!!!!

ampqueen
12-03-2005, 04:38 AM
highway star by deep purple,, try the solo

waveofmutilaton
12-03-2005, 04:40 AM
highway star by deep purple,, try the solo

nah. i can play the solo all the way through clean and im just a decent guitarist.

ampqueen
12-03-2005, 04:44 AM
nah. i can play the solo all the way through clean and im just a decent guitarist.

the joint of the finger next to my snapped and gave me rush of pain because of that damn solo

smashngrab1991
12-03-2005, 04:45 AM
Something which isnt originaly on guitar, try playing some Gong on guitar.....

The UG Squirrel
12-03-2005, 04:56 AM
try to play a song of shawn lane!!! or some of symphony X !!!!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1938099378022643751&q=shawn+lane

Try playing the first two minutes of the video:p:

Also Allan Holdsworth stuff.

oddling8
12-03-2005, 04:57 AM
You're not even remotely original. Everyone loves to say things like that, and it only makes you into a boring dick. :no:

kenshinzorz
12-03-2005, 05:01 AM
blink 182 - dammit
hard stuff

crazee201
12-03-2005, 05:07 AM
gee i dunno, the solo from american idiot is pretty nifty

Gibson23
12-03-2005, 05:24 AM
i wouldnt say any rock or metal songs.

i would say it would be very early blues from the 20s, it requres all you fingers on you right hand for picking and the songs are so full with notes and phrases, mixing lead guitar and rhythm guitar at once.

xyber56
12-03-2005, 09:39 AM
gee i dunno, the solo from american idiot is pretty nifty
everytime theres a thread for hardest song/solo/whatever there will always be a reply like that...

rich_sg
12-03-2005, 09:43 AM
Some acoustic blues song. I've been to several blues gigs, and the guitar work the guys play is nothing short of astounding. Except Zoot Money, I nearly died after that concert.

canned_peas
12-03-2005, 09:45 AM

That guy is good, but his stuff is so annoying!

oblique
12-03-2005, 09:58 AM

I had no idea such a skillful guitarist could make such shitty music. :p I couldn't get past one and a half minutes of that. If you're looking for some good shred, google video for Steve Vai, I think there's a video of him playing tender surrender.

rich_sg
12-03-2005, 10:08 AM
Slowed down, that Shawn Layne stuff sounds like crap. It's just mindless shredding. There was one bit where he was actually playing a song, it was okay.

axeslinger01
12-03-2005, 10:16 AM
bat country solo, but i almost have it due to non-stop practiceing

flamencogod
12-03-2005, 10:18 AM
Slowed down, that Shawn Layne stuff sounds like crap. It's just mindless shredding. There was one bit where he was actually playing a song, it was okay.
I bet you only watched the first part of the movie

Scourge441
12-03-2005, 10:29 AM
Why has no one bothered to mentioned he fact that this belongs in the GUITAR forum?

I'm a bassist, so the hardest for me would probably be Classical Thump or some Dream Theater.

Awesometrax
12-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Am I the only one who thinks Stairway To Heaven's really hard to play? Cause that's my pick.

j1mi_h3ndrix
12-03-2005, 10:50 AM
look up michael angelo batio, steve vai, eric johnson, joe satriani, rusty cooley, shawn lane, yngwie malmsteen, jason becker, paul gilbert.. any of those guys and there are more but im too lazy to remember right now

Bob'89
12-03-2005, 10:51 AM
that shawn dude is a frickin joke,fat bastards should not play guitar except bb king (he's an exception to the rule)

Holy Katana
12-03-2005, 11:04 AM
that shawn dude is a frickin joke,fat bastards should not play guitar except bb king (he's an exception to the rule)

He's dead. He died 2 years ago. Besides, I'm fat. I'm losing the weight, but that takes time. Don't dis fat people, asshole.

Suicidal_Brick
12-03-2005, 11:13 AM

Please watch the rest of the video, he knows his stuff.

PabloGilberto
12-03-2005, 11:17 AM
Jason Becker - ANYTHING by Jason,ESPECIALLY Serrana Arpeggios(or Serrana in general) :P
Crossroads Solo's(the film) By Vai,Studio versions called Eugenes Trick Bag
ETC
:)

Dr. Jekyll
12-03-2005, 11:45 AM
i think flight of the bumblebees is a little hard

tamargoguitar
12-03-2005, 11:53 AM
i posted a thread of wat new song should i learn after stairway to heaven an one, im learning master of puppets, its so damm hard

VanillaStrat
12-03-2005, 12:04 PM

That is NOT music.

slashwyldepage
12-03-2005, 12:06 PM
this thread makes me embarrased to be human

jimmy388
12-03-2005, 02:25 PM
That is NOT music.

No, it IS music you uneducated prat. Anything involving an instrument can be music, especially when some pours their heart and soul into it, learning to play like Shawn takes A LOT of time and effort, and although I agree with you in that I don't really enjoy the first couple of minutes, if you would have watched more than the first few minutes, you would realise that Shawn was a very talented and knowledgable man in musical terms, hell you may have learned something, and judging from your close- minded viewpoint, you need to learn all you can.

jacob_mick
12-03-2005, 02:41 PM
i dunno what you all think but i'd have to say some pantera songs are hard i mean dime was a ****ing beast on thast guitar, how the **** could anyone write something like that? r.i.p. dime

genocidal
12-03-2005, 03:02 PM
It depends what sort of player you are. If you only shred then the most basic finger picking rhythm parts will be hard, but if you only finger pick you won't be able to play fast picked rhythms, or shred solos. Playing the guitar takes a lot of different skills, the hardest song depends what skills you don't have.

jacob_mick
12-03-2005, 03:09 PM
in the words of dimebag darrell "I know a lot of players who don't have much knowledge of scales and modes and they're the ones who play from the heart"

jimmy388
12-03-2005, 03:11 PM
It depends what sort of player you are. If you only shred then the most basic finger picking rhythm parts will be hard, but if you only finger pick you won't be able to play fast picked rhythms, or shred solos. Playing the guitar takes a lot of different skills, the hardest song depends what skills you don't have.

My Lord!! Someone in this thread who knows what they're talking about!!! Amazing!

MankiiKing
12-03-2005, 03:21 PM

You should go and shove your guitar up your ass, never post again and grow up. He was like that because he had some sickness. I cant remember what it was but he died because of it.

That is NOT music.

And you are just an idiot. Congratulations.

Scorzerci
12-03-2005, 04:07 PM
"Shawn had psoriasis his whole life but didn't develop psoriatic arthritis until the last four or five years of his life. This did little to impair his playing once he got going, but most times he could hardly walk, and had trouble getting around. He also suffered from lung problems and obesity. He smoked constantly, and the steroids he took to combat his extremely painful disease took their toll on his health. On September 26, 2003 Shawn died in a hospital in Memphis, shortly after being told that he would have to remain on medical oxygen the rest of his life."
you are an asshole! the hardest song to ever play would be caspersen's secret fetis by mr cucumber. at one point the guitarist (marcus paus) reaches 44.6 Notes Per second.

Macabre
12-03-2005, 04:28 PM
Lamb of God - Ashes of the wake, the full thing

jimmy388
12-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Lamb of God - Ashes of the wake, the full thing

Thats a cool song and all....but I have a problem with them...every song I hear of theirs, they never really stick to one riff, they just kinda noodle around, it works and all, but I can never quite catch the groove of their stuff.

Macabre
12-03-2005, 04:51 PM
Thats a cool song and all....but I have a problem with them...every song I hear of theirs, they never really stick to one riff, they just kinda noodle around, it works and all, but I can never quite catch the groove of their stuff.

Hell ya thats a cool song, 4 solos,2 from each guitarist. I think thats one of the things that I like from Lamb of God the most, is that there is no real lead or rythem guitarist :cool: .

lateraluspiral
12-03-2005, 05:07 PM
i cant play Voodoo Child (slight return) by Jimi Hendrix. so thats my pick.. *sigh*...

the1
12-03-2005, 05:23 PM
Well, some Dimebag stuff is hard, the ending parts of the Cemetery Gates solo and Domination is sick, and the way he gets those pinch harmonics, Ynwgie has some super clean fast runs and Paul Gilbert is good.
How bout these songs with loadsa effects and stuff, they would be hard to replicate.
Some guys bound to come along and say, "Oh, the hardest thing is playing from the heart."

Iruleeverything
12-03-2005, 05:30 PM
classical music requires the most skill because you have to use all your fingers on each hand and some classical players can play faster than people who play shred, so I'm gonna say that some classical song is the hardest to play.

justinhawkins
12-03-2005, 05:41 PM
jazz is pretty insane when you get deep into it

electrik
12-03-2005, 06:00 PM
Speed Metal Symphony- Cacophony
No Boundaries- Michael Angelo Batio
Technical Difficulties- Racer X
Arpeggios From Hell- Yngwie Malmsteen
Pertetual Burn- Jason Backer
some Dream Theater stuff
etc.

Jazz is also very hard

Rattlehead666
12-03-2005, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't be albe to say what the hardest songto play is but some that would be very hard are

Megadeth: Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
Megadeth: In My Darkest Hour
Megadeth: Set The World Afire
Metallica: Fight Fire With Fire
Metallica: Ride The Lightning
Pantera: Cementary Gates
Slayer: Angel Of Death
Slayer: Rain In Blood
Yngwie Malmsteen: Blitzkrieg

There are others I know that are very hard but if I had to list them all I would be here all day.

Hot Pants
12-03-2005, 06:29 PM
i changed my mind.

gotta be Al Dimeola. 25 nps on an acoustic...

statopaul_mark
12-03-2005, 06:40 PM
That is NOT music.

Well maybe not practical music but it is something. After the first 30 seconds it just gets annoying.

jimmy388
12-03-2005, 09:26 PM
I wouldn't be albe to say what the hardest songto play is but some that would be very hard are

Megadeth: Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
Megadeth: In My Darkest Hour
Megadeth: Set The World Afire
Metallica: Fight Fire With Fire
Metallica: Ride The Lightning
Pantera: Cementary Gates
Slayer: Angel Of Death
Slayer: Rain In Blood
Yngwie Malmsteen: Blitzkrieg

There are others I know that are very hard but if I had to list them all I would be here all day.

It's Raining Blood, and it's not too terribly hard, once you get that really thrashy riff down, you know the E....532063405320 part, its not all that hard.

VanillaStrat
12-03-2005, 09:52 PM
No, it IS music you uneducated prat. Anything involving an instrument can be music, especially when some pours their heart and soul into it, learning to play like Shawn takes A LOT of time and effort, and although I agree with you in that I don't really enjoy the first couple of minutes, if you would have watched more than the first few minutes, you would realise that Shawn was a very talented and knowledgable man in musical terms, hell you may have learned something, and judging from your close- minded viewpoint, you need to learn all you can.

I don't care if he's Jesus Christ at the guitar. That wasn't music, I don't care what you say. I watched the whole thing.

stjimmy86
12-03-2005, 09:57 PM
old green day has some sweet solos

VanillaStrat
12-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Agreed. That was sheer BS. Okak! we f***ing get it, you can play fast...now give us some music. :rolleyes:

I mean wow. There was NO melody through most of the video. There is a fine line between fast and reckless. :rolleyes:

Peaceful Rocker
12-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Rape Me by Nirvana is a freakin toughy, i just can seem to figure it out!

Dreadnought
12-03-2005, 10:04 PM
I dunno, but the fourth movement of Koyunbaba is pretty hard to play correctly

oddling8
12-03-2005, 11:20 PM
Baroque stuff played fast sounds evil. Yngwie! No one can replicate pure tone and soulful music. No practice can ever make you Stevie Ray Vaughan.

LoseUrIllusions
12-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Baroque stuff played fast sounds evil. Yngwie! No one can replicate pure tone and soulful music. No practice can ever make you Stevie Ray Vaughan.

I dont quite understand this part. Are you saying Yngwie is trying to sound like SRV?

rayIII
12-03-2005, 11:54 PM
Have you ever wondered what the hardest song would be to play on the guitar? Well here is a thread that can give you some idea of what the hardest songs are to play.

dude i hope like hell that youre kidding. either that or you've never heard of "real shred" :p:

Kornfist
12-04-2005, 12:20 AM
All these tards naming songs by Nirvana and Blink-182: wtf? Learn to PLAY the guitar before you start learning those easy-as-**** riffs.

The hardest stuff to learn on guitar? Nobody's mentioning Lamb of God, The Mars Volta (Omar is a truly underrated guitarist), Jimi Hendrix, or CKY (I'd like to see -one person- try and play just one riff from Suddenly Tragic).

Junesongtrigger
12-04-2005, 12:42 AM
I think that the hardest song I've even attempted to play was Stevie Ray Vaughans Hendrix cover, Little Wing. Just the tone, feeling and everything. It's a fantastic song. RIP Stevie.

David Gilmour has some sick work too.

I enjoy playing Trivium, it's quite fun.

ź├Fire¤nside╗
12-04-2005, 12:59 AM
Rape Me by Nirvana is a freakin toughy, i just can seem to figure it out!

Look buddy, it's the 4th page of the thread now, 60 posts or so, 10 other people already made the joke, get over yourself and do something worthwhile.

flamencogod
12-04-2005, 08:24 AM
some paca de lucia songs are way harder than any jason becker/steve vai stuff...

but you can't compare all those great players in my opinion...

THERE IS NO HARDEST SONG EVER!

rayIII
12-04-2005, 08:26 AM
some paca de lucia songs are way harder than any jason becker/steve vai stuff...

but you can't compare all those great players in my opinion...

THERE IS NO HARDEST SONG EVER!
:cheers:

BrokenBricks
12-04-2005, 08:27 AM
In the 60s the hardest song was Voodoo Chile or something. And now it's speed kills or something. Guitaring keeps getting more advanced or something.

something.

Gaz_m2k5
12-04-2005, 09:04 AM
jingle bells. very difficult

Bulletbass man
12-04-2005, 09:04 AM
try playing stuff that has auto wahs with out a wah relatively imposiible but if your lucky you can find notes around that sound alike and play at around 6 times the speed.

Bulletbass man
12-04-2005, 09:08 AM
All these tards naming songs by Nirvana and Blink-182: wtf? Learn to PLAY the guitar before you start learning those easy-as-**** riffs.

The hardest stuff to learn on guitar? Nobody's mentioning Lamb of God, The Mars Volta (Omar is a truly underrated guitarist), Jimi Hendrix, or CKY (I'd like to see -one person- try and play just one riff from Suddenly Tragic).

were joking and cky is not good.

jimmy388
12-04-2005, 10:43 AM
I mean wow. There was NO melody through most of the video. There is a fine line between fast and reckless. :rolleyes:

Ooooook......soooo.....melody=music?? And a lack of melody = NOT music? You, sir have a twisted perspective of what music is.

VanillaStrat
12-04-2005, 11:04 AM
Ooooook......soooo.....melody=music?? And a lack of melody = NOT music? You, sir have a twisted perspective of what music is.

No. Melody = Interesting music. I am not interested in someone who shreds at 6nps with no emotion. It takes some skill to play that fast, but it takes much more to play like that and still make it interesting. There was NO difference from the first three minutes to the remaining time. It was a snoozefest. Heck, I was more interested in the drummer than him. His playing was SO bland. All interesting music has to have SOME kind of melody.

How can you criticize my perspective of music only if I didn't like some shredding asshole? Do you know what bands, artists and genres I like? No? Then STFU.

jimmy388
12-04-2005, 11:32 AM
No. Melody = Interesting music. I am not interested in someone who shreds at 6nps with no emotion. It takes some skill to play that fast, but it takes much more to play like that and still make it interesting. There was NO difference from the first three minutes to the remaining time. It was a snoozefest. Heck, I was more interested in the drummer than him. His playing was SO bland. All interesting music has to have SOME kind of melody.

How can you criticize my perspective of music only if I didn't like some shredding asshole? Do you know what bands, artists and genres I like? No? Then STFU.

6nps? Kurt Cobain played faster than that. And yes, I do know what kind of music you like, you like classic rock and are a bit of an elitist. Also, the rest of the video is going to be somewhat boring, for God's sake it's an instructional video, its not an action movie.

americnidiot
12-04-2005, 11:35 AM
mary had a little lamb is damn hard

Mr.Rodgers
12-04-2005, 11:57 AM
[QUOTE=Kornfist]All these tards naming songs by Nirvana and Blink-182: wtf? Learn to PLAY the guitar before you start learning those easy-as-**** riffs.[QUOTE]

Obviously this guy is VERY short-sighted when it comes to spotting jokes.

appetite
12-04-2005, 12:04 PM
That Shawn Lane dude is very fast, but doesn't play with any feel.

VanillaStrat
12-04-2005, 12:14 PM
6nps? Kurt Cobain played faster than that. And yes, I do know what kind of music you like, you like classic rock and are a bit of an elitist. Also, the rest of the video is going to be somewhat boring, for God's sake it's an instructional video, its not an action movie.

I like classic rock, but is it my favorite genre? Besides, my favorite guitarists have more feel in their toes than that guy has in his entire body.

jimmy388
12-04-2005, 12:45 PM
I like classic rock, but is it my favorite genre? Besides, my favorite guitarists have more feel in their toes than that guy has in his entire body.

Nobody said anything about how much emotion he had, the man had ability. We aren't talking about "Whats the most emotional song in the entire world?" We are talking about hardest to play. And I think there is emotion it, its just conveyed differently than you'd like to hear it conveyed.

ThePrisoner6
12-04-2005, 02:43 PM
mary had a little lamb is damn hard

The jokes arent funny anymore stop trying to be funny and stfu if u dont have something usefull to say about the topic. . . .unless u actually think mary had a little lamb is hard which wouldnt be suprising considering u listen to greenday

xrawrockkillsx
12-04-2005, 02:48 PM
fleetwood mac (lindsey buckingham) - Big Love.

killswitch_mike
12-04-2005, 02:52 PM
i think that shadows fall stuff is hard, try playing the mini solo and the solo in what drives the weak

jimmy388
12-04-2005, 03:02 PM
The jokes arent funny anymore stop trying to be funny and stfu if u dont have something usefull to say about the topic. . . .unless u actually think mary had a little lamb is hard which wouldnt be suprising considering u listen to greenday

He may be talking about Stevie Ray Vaughn's version, don't be so quick to judge my friend.

killswitch_mike
12-04-2005, 03:05 PM
well green day suck so he does hav a point lol

Metal_Man666
12-04-2005, 03:08 PM
Try playing some really intense flamenco

its sorta like shred............but it doesnt sound like crap

Its like shredding but your using all your fingers on both hands........

killswitch_mike
12-04-2005, 03:48 PM
yeh flamenco is hard and spanish which is awesome

dittohead123
12-04-2005, 03:54 PM
arpeggios from hell or musical death

oxygenjunkie
12-04-2005, 04:08 PM
the opening to jowels - buckethead

VanillaStrat
12-04-2005, 07:39 PM
Nobody said anything about how much emotion he had, the man had ability. We aren't talking about "Whats the most emotional song in the entire world?" We are talking about hardest to play. And I think there is emotion it, its just conveyed differently than you'd like to hear it conveyed.

Meh. Show me where I mentioned his technical ability, then. Remember, I said "That isn't music"? That has been the point I have arguing the whole way. Suddenly the topic has changed now? Ok.

What kind of emotion is conveyed by mindless shredding, tell me? He's playing scales up and down.

There's nothing to argue here. I don't even know what the point is you're trying to make. I was merely stating my opinion and it obviously isn't going to change, is it? Sure, you can state yours, but don't criticize my likes and dislikes if you don't have a clear knowledge of what they are.

Dark Eyes
12-04-2005, 08:17 PM
Tumeni Notes by Steve Morse

oddling8
12-05-2005, 02:29 AM
I dont quite understand this part. Are you saying Yngwie is trying to sound like SRV?
No. Read it again, slowly.... :rolleyes:

punkman_123
12-05-2005, 03:07 AM
Rhythm & Lead combined is hard as. Like keeping a timed "bass" line on the EAD strings while soloing on the GBE strings is pretty hard. So any songs that use that method.

Trezticle
12-05-2005, 03:16 AM
everytime theres a thread for hardest song/solo/whatever there will always be a reply like that...

And in case you didnt notice, their is always a reply like that as well.. but i reckon uner the influence by rusty cooly is pretty hard but there are alot of song that are **** hard

apc--ibanez
12-05-2005, 03:17 AM
i posted a thread of wat new song should i learn after stairway to heaven an one, im learning master of puppets, its so damm hard

ummm your joking right?

Guitar_God_WIP
12-05-2005, 03:34 AM
The Hardest song to play on guitar is Beethovens 5th symphony. Seriously. Ive heard Satch play it and its so good yet so difficult to play

arubanguitarist
12-05-2005, 04:32 AM
u guys all suk ass...the hardest song to play on guitar would be anything by children of bodom. Personally, i think downfall has the hardest and sickest solo i have ever heard. not some crappy greenday.

cerberus3
12-05-2005, 05:48 AM
playing hendrix IS NOT HARD REPEAT NOT HARD FOR F*CKS SAKE, try playing some neo classical stuff or john 5

Nightflaw
12-05-2005, 11:08 AM
^i agree, i looked at a hendrix tab for the first time a couple days ago and could play it like nothing

no offense to u diehard vai, vaughan, malmsteen, and other guitar god fans, but id rather listen to an easy metallica song like enter sandman than the insanely fast songs by vai and the others. i dont like songs just cuz the guy can play really fast, although that is admirable

dwad
12-05-2005, 02:23 PM

dude i have been playing for a year only and i can play master of puppets that song is so easy. now baroque and roll by yngwie malmsteen was pretty hard but i eventually got it down.

pinholes89
12-05-2005, 04:21 PM
it would probably have to be something by Romeo (Symphony X), Yngwie or MAB

U.F.O
12-05-2005, 05:16 PM
yeah yeah beside yngwie, afreri or MAB..

you should check this

http://spikedhumor.com/articles/2633/Very_Fast_Guitar.html?autoplay=true

guywithguitar
12-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Some spanish guitar stuff is really intricate. Then there's always those country folk who banjo-shred.

jimmy388
12-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Meh. Show me where I mentioned his technical ability, then. Remember, I said "That isn't music"? That has been the point I have arguing the whole way. Suddenly the topic has changed now? Ok.

What kind of emotion is conveyed by mindless shredding, tell me? He's playing scales up and down.

There's nothing to argue here. I don't even know what the point is you're trying to make. I was merely stating my opinion and it obviously isn't going to change, is it? Sure, you can state yours, but don't criticize my likes and dislikes if you don't have a clear knowledge of what they are.

Ok, so you didn't attack his technical prowess, you win. But, who are you to judge how a person conveys their emotions? If he conveys his happiness through mindless shredding, more power to him. And you haven't shown at all that it isn't music. You've just stated your mindless opinion without really backing it up. You can think what you want, I'm fine with that, I just don't agree with your opinion and have decided to combat it, thats what forums are for, but, since you seem to be done, so am I. I respect your opinion, I just don't agree with it.

chrismacker
12-05-2005, 07:15 PM
id say the one that no one has played yet cause its so hard...

dethhead
12-05-2005, 07:17 PM
Jason Becker & Marty Friedman: Speed Metal Symphony

killswitch_mike
12-06-2005, 11:38 AM
killswitch Engage Is Also Quite Hard stuff when you want it exactly how the tabs are.
Or Like I Said Shadows Fall Solos And Stuff, Definatly Jimi Hendrix Stuff...

edwardhaine
12-06-2005, 12:33 PM
Dont laugh at me but THIS is the hardest song to play http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8273845274778375683&q=guitar+solo

dwad
12-06-2005, 02:42 PM
try some eddie van halen or steve vai or yngwie malmsteen if you want a challenge

Da G Man
12-06-2005, 03:17 PM
Steve Vai-Blood And Glory

its a fact hes the only guitarist on earth who can play it

22 NOTES A SECOND tahts fukkin insane

Hav0k
12-11-2005, 12:22 PM
dude i have been playing for a year only and i can play master of puppets that song is so easy. now baroque and roll by yngwie malmsteen was pretty hard but i eventually got it down.

Well this seems kind of odd to me. Either you are a technical genious on guitar, or else you play a couple of notes and think "hey I've got the whole song"! Master of Puppets is almost impossible to play from beginning to end after only one year. And Yngwie Malmsteen is a whole chapter for himself. I'd like to hear some recordings of what you claim to be able to play ;)

I think that if we have to develop this topic we should discuss the hardest song ever, and then narrow the topic by choosing a genre and furthermore define "hardest". Do we simply mean hard in a technical "shred" (that is for heavy metal for example) way, or do we mean emotionally hard (who puts most feeling into it)?

I'd say that overall punk music for example, is not that hard (correct me if I am wrong :)) technically, but it required something else - some feeling and will to make good punk music when it was it.

To give something to this discussion I would say we could discuss the hardest song following one of these criteria [this is my suggestions]:

Spanish - Technical Fingerwork [Don't know it that well, but I would say it must be some Paco De Lucia stuff]
Neoclassical - Technical combined with melody (can't really seperate this for neoclassical I think) [Yngwie Malmsteen - Beethoven's 5th, Steve Vai - Blue Powder (and others)]
Heavy Metal - Technical solowork (aka shredding) [Racer X / Paul Gilbert - Technical Difficulties, Pantera / Dimebag Darrell - Cowboys From Hell (and a lot others)]
Heavy Metal - Melodic solowork with good feeling [Ozzy Osbourne / Randy Rhoads - Mr. Crowley, Metallica / Kirk Hammett - One]
Jazz - Chord progressions, etc. [I'm not into jazz... So I'll pass on the word]
Punk - Feeling (hard to describe) [Sex Pistols - God Save the Queen (the grandmother of punk), there's more - simply can't remember the name :(]

Please discuss my ideas.. And add more genres and musicians if you like :) Hope this will get it further.

Do_the_dew910
12-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Anything by Nick Drake...he has fizzucked tunings and fingerpicks almost everything..or so I heard..

DaveGilmour1189
12-11-2005, 03:27 PM
i think its impossible to say what is the hardest song, since it changes as you progress and develope. I usex to think freebird was incredible hard, now i can pretty much pass out on stage and still be playing it. RIght now i think eruption is impossible, but that'll probably change in a month or two

terrencemaddox
12-11-2005, 03:36 PM
don't know if its been said already and if so I apologize, but anything by Joe Pass. He almost caused me to give it up.

Cyrus-602
12-11-2005, 03:48 PM

Puppets? Smooth man real smooth, something by steve vai, theres loads that arnt even worth bothering trying to learn

-bucketheaded-
12-11-2005, 03:53 PM
a buckethead robot solo or
a stanley jordan song (one with the two handed tapping)

misfits385
12-11-2005, 03:57 PM

:haha

appetite
12-11-2005, 03:58 PM
i cant play Voodoo Child (slight return) by Jimi Hendrix. so thats my pick.. *sigh*...

I know, its hard to get the feel with that song. I heard that the trick is is not to get too caught up in the technical side of the song, or you lose the feeling.

ibanezguitars44
12-11-2005, 04:05 PM
"Shawn had psoriasis his whole life but didn't develop psoriatic arthritis until the last four or five years of his life. This did little to impair his playing once he got going, but most times he could hardly walk, and had trouble getting around. He also suffered from lung problems and obesity. He smoked constantly, and the steroids he took to combat his extremely painful disease took their toll on his health. On September 26, 2003 Shawn died in a hospital in Memphis, shortly after being told that he would have to remain on medical oxygen the rest of his life."
you are an asshole! the hardest song to ever play would be caspersen's secret fetis by mr cucumber. at one point the guitarist (marcus paus) reaches 44.6 Notes Per second.

wow 44.6!! could u plz tell me where i could hear this song???

Mr.Rodgers
12-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Master of Puppets is almost impossible to play from beginning to end after only one year.

True. Iv'e been playing for about 4 years, and I still can't take the strain of it on my arm. I feel like crying like a little girl everytime I play it.

Either you are a technical genious on guitar, or else you play a couple of notes and think "hey I've got the whole song"!

I know someone like that. I have to tell him everyting he plays is wrong, and teach it him myself.

Beckerism
12-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Probably something by Shawn Lane, Holdsworth, or Rusty. I'm sure there are some no namers out there that can shred just as fast though.

Master of Puppets is Mary Had a Little Lamb compared to the songs that those ^ artist can play.

12-11-2005, 04:40 PM
Dont laugh at me but THIS is the hardest song to play http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8273845274778375683&q=guitar+solo

is it just me, or does that guy look like he has something wrigling about in his mouth?

The UG Squirrel
12-12-2005, 01:00 AM
I had no idea such a skillful guitarist could make such shitty music. :p I couldn't get past one and a half minutes of that. If you're looking for some good shred, google video for Steve Vai, I think there's a video of him playing tender surrender.

Did you watch him playing epilogue for lisa at the end of the video?:)

The UG Squirrel
12-12-2005, 01:12 AM
Slowed down, that Shawn Layne stuff sounds like crap.

And if you speed up Adagio for strings by Samuel Barber it would sound like crap as well. What's your point?
And at the beginning of the video, Shawn likes the strange sound of it. It isnt random crap played as fast as possible, if you want to hear that, listen to "Caspersens Secret Fetish" by Marcus Paus.

oddling8
12-12-2005, 08:33 PM
^i agree, i looked at a hendrix tab for the first time a couple days ago and could play it like nothing

no offense to u diehard vai, vaughan, malmsteen, and other guitar god fans, but id rather listen to an easy metallica song like enter sandman than the insanely fast songs by vai and the others. i dont like songs just cuz the guy can play really fast, although that is admirable
Vaughan plays with more feeling than your mother.

oddling8
12-12-2005, 08:40 PM
Probably something by Shawn Lane, Holdsworth, or Rusty. I'm sure there are some no namers out there that can shred just as fast though.

Master of Puppets is Mary Had a Little Lamb compared to the songs that those ^ artist can play.
Originally Posted by AngilasGuy
"Yngwie once saved 23 children from a burning orphanage, then beat up the arsonists, then he donated a million dollars to rebuild it, and the children rejoyced.
Then he unleashed the fury on his guitar and the lord did grin."
That is the sexiest ****ing signature I have ever...

amplifier_at_12
12-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Alright, call me old-fashioned, but if you can play some Coltrane on guitar(or anything else) I'll will be amazed. That and Allan Woldsworth.

And I've been playing for about 2 years, and I learned all of Master of Puppets last year. Just to straighten out that argument.

americnidiot
12-12-2005, 09:34 PM
its definately the hardest, but eruption by van halen is some hard stuff...although ive never tried to learn it...anybody know if its really that hard to play?

BostonLacrosse
12-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Wes Montgomery man, jazz is hella hard... yes hella

BluE DicE
12-12-2005, 09:38 PM
I have a hard time playing Master of Puppets after one year of playing, the bits that really get me are the second solo and the sort of 'main' riff that there's no singing over.

While I'm here, do you sweep pick or alternate pick on that?

[KoI]Xero
12-12-2005, 09:49 PM
dude..... anything greend day, simple plan, yellow card...... i mean if i even started playing that i would end up killing myself in agony of how terrible the music is and that im even playing it.

-Xero

oddling8
12-12-2005, 09:56 PM
Xero']dude..... anything greend day, simple plan, yellow card...... i mean if i even started playing that i would end up killing myself in agony of how terrible the music is and that im even playing it.

-Xero
You live in Sammamish. Shut up, and stop repeating the same dry jokes that everyone loves to regurgitate upon this thread.

erniesballs321
12-13-2005, 11:29 AM
arpeggios from hell

master of puppetts and eruption are not hard

ultimate_punk
12-13-2005, 11:44 AM
I'm really disappointed reading this thread. The key phrase is basically "whatever turns you on" (music wise of course :D ). I can appreciate the insane talent of those shredders but their music I find to be unlistenable. For example that Shawn video when he showed you how to play it slowly, it sounded ace.

Jazz can be insanely tricky (and thats just the chords!)

Funkicker
12-13-2005, 12:15 PM
nah i think it has to be fire strings by steve vai, i can't even figure out how to play it...

slashnmash
12-13-2005, 01:27 PM
taht thing were MR cucumber plays at 44 nps is kinda untrue, he only keeps up that speed for 1/5 of a second and it was speeded up. It got it on my pc if anyone wants me to upload it.

samlynch
12-13-2005, 01:30 PM
Good riddance (time of your life)

TommyBoy003
12-14-2005, 02:30 PM
This is gonna sound like im full of it, but MOP is a piece of piss. i wouldnt even say it was the 'hardest' metallica song to play... that said ive heard some REALLY AWFUL renditions of it.

KirkHammett2005
12-14-2005, 02:31 PM
^master of puppets isnt that hard (i thought it was impossible when i first started playing), its just fast. if you can get the speed down, its no problem.

j1mi_h3ndrix
12-14-2005, 02:42 PM
i never thougt master of puppets was that hard..

Axxe Murderer
12-15-2005, 06:47 AM
Er, hello? Has anyone ever heard of Children of Bodom? On their live album 'Tokyo Warhearts' their lead guitarist and their keyboardist have a sort of solo battle called 'War of Razors'. I've never heard anything so fast in my life.

ImBarkerRarrrrr
12-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Eruption by Van Halen

I Rest My Case.

kanamvar32
12-22-2005, 08:10 PM
I always found Jimi Hendrix's Red House to be insanely difficult to play. Some shred stuff is also ridiculously difficult but I prefer the Red House sound.

goog7
12-22-2005, 08:37 PM
i dont think its the hardest song but its definatly a fun one to play and its got a great feel to it

Malaguena - Harry Volpe

TheFluffy
12-22-2005, 08:47 PM
bodom stuff is pretty tricky once ina while...

Night_Lights
12-22-2005, 08:50 PM
try playing a song by Necrophagist. it owns all shredding seriously

guitarfan93
12-22-2005, 08:57 PM
theres gonna be so much signature quotes from this thread

mexican_shred
12-22-2005, 09:04 PM
paganini's 5th caprice i dont have big hands

xrawrockkillsx
12-22-2005, 09:17 PM
paganini's 5th caprice i dont have big hands

yay i can play the hardest song ever!

ummmmmm i dunno if ive said this before or not but...

LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM - BIG LOVE

the hardest fingerpicking ever

freewheelinbird
12-22-2005, 09:20 PM
......red house jimmi hendrix !!!! the feeling is all !!!!

i actually play a not-half bad mean rendition of a song, and feeling isnt something thats "hard", you either got it or you dont. thank allah i got it :o pheew

freewheelinbird
12-22-2005, 09:22 PM
why does everyone say red house is so hard to play?

i find it comes naturally to me. i didn't struggle with it at all, its a really fun song to play w/ friends

it's not about speed, or precision, or distortion, it's how you play with the music (i know sounds retarded)

Beckerism
12-22-2005, 09:26 PM
Eruption by Van Halen

I Rest My Case.

:haha You guys make me laugh.

aPIRATEwithADD
12-22-2005, 09:35 PM
Vai...need i say more. Its not the skill, its the emotion and you can't mimic that

ledhed68
12-22-2005, 10:21 PM
Cross Roads Blues by Robert Johnson is pretty hard and also Hotel California just the intro with the fingerpicking

Evian
12-22-2005, 10:27 PM

Great..mindless shred...

Beckerism
12-22-2005, 10:34 PM
Great..mindless shred...

That video is, but there is much that isn't. But then again, he was trying to answer the threadstarters question wasn't he? ;)

TommyWIg
12-22-2005, 10:44 PM
smoke on the water

TheFluffy
12-22-2005, 10:51 PM
smoke on the water
not funny anymore...

Mr_Mysterio
12-22-2005, 10:58 PM
lol speaking seriously, i'd have to say No Boundaries, by Michael Angelo Batio

Pilf003
12-22-2005, 10:59 PM
wow someone actually does find Smoke On the Water difficult to play!.. I thought I was the only one.. yeah. I still don't quite get Smoke on the Water.. been practicing for 3 weeks

Unforgiven102
12-22-2005, 11:25 PM
Raining Blood's verse is pretty rough.. other than that.. not that hard.

I can't really think of a very hard song that I just couldn't get no matter what.. I had a little trouble earlier learning Ashes in Your Mouth by Megadeth though.

Ill Nino rules
12-24-2005, 05:52 AM
spanish guitar is sooo hard
i don't think that there's much stuff on electric guitar that's harder

Brendan DEwald
12-24-2005, 06:05 AM
i think probably the end od sidwinder but A7X . All the electric parts are easy but the acoustic took a bit of time to master

apc--ibanez
12-24-2005, 07:28 AM
errm for me it would have to be that solo in bulls on parade where tom does that scratchie thing on the strings with his hand, its fu*kin hard to play it like he does

paintITblack39
12-24-2005, 12:38 PM
brain stew by green day it cant get any harder than that

axe_girly
12-24-2005, 12:40 PM

holiday.... :'( i just wanna fit in

Dr. Jekyll
12-24-2005, 01:18 PM
Er, hello? Has anyone ever heard of Children of Bodom? On their live album 'Tokyo Warhearts' their lead guitarist and their keyboardist have a sort of solo battle called 'War of Razors'. I've never heard anything so fast in my life.

children of bodom ****ing owns that dude is pretty good.

Burn-The-Priest
12-24-2005, 02:42 PM
I love that.....so so so fast yet it sounds so good!

chrissyxx2
12-24-2005, 02:56 PM
He's dead. He died 2 years ago. Besides, I'm fat. I'm losing the weight, but that takes time. Don't dis fat people, asshole.

haha fatty - want a pie you fat bastar.d?

Virleo
12-24-2005, 03:53 PM
playing hendrix IS NOT HARD REPEAT NOT HARD FOR F*CKS SAKE, try playing some neo classical stuff or john 5

What is hard though is getting the sound and feel, the emotion, of Hendrix.
You rarely come across that.

So I'd say not hard but certainly not easy.

darkflame_2k
12-24-2005, 05:13 PM
I feel sorry for you guys...lol...Listen..the hardest song to play is definitley...
"BIG LOVE" by Fleetwood Mac
Trust me..If you're looking for a challenge...Good luck..I can play it...but It took me a couple of days......I'm not even a fan of fleetwood mac!!!
But this song is beautiful!!!!!!!!

darkflame_2k
12-24-2005, 05:14 PM
:devil: I feel sorry for you guys...lol...Listen..the hardest song to play is definitley...
"BIG LOVE" by Fleetwood Mac
Trust me..If you're looking for a challenge...Good luck..I can play it...but It took me a couple of days......I'm not even a fan of fleetwood mac!!!
But this song is beautiful!!!!!!!! :devil:

darkflame_2k
12-24-2005, 05:15 PM
Sorry for the two posts..my comp messed up..

smiddy
12-24-2005, 05:25 PM
Maybe dome Dream Theater or Symphony X stuff, those guys are insane.

ironman316
12-24-2005, 09:43 PM
herman li/sam totman anyone?

if anyone can play dragonforce songs all the way through, i salute you.

ckellingc
12-24-2005, 09:45 PM
All the small things definately

GraveSs
12-24-2005, 09:48 PM
anything by Jason Becker.

zach28
12-24-2005, 11:30 PM
eruption by van halen is so hard to play, ironically the tapping part is the easiest part to the whole song. but really any solo by eddie van halen is hard as hell.

apocalypse13
12-24-2005, 11:48 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8954605262933552786&q=solo
;)
:haha

Seriously:
All of these links have vids that are really sweet, especially the last one. OMG that one is orgasmic.
http://jasonbecker.com/
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8725540685439152718&q=paganini
http://youtube.com/watch.php?v=jXxl71OSnTE&search=buckethead
http://youtube.com/watch.php?v=agNP4KT9cnA&search=speed%20lives
http://youtube.com/watch.php?v=HkfqHJ7gZwQ&search=terrifying

And anything by Rusty Cooley, Shawn Lane, or Franseco Fareri is probably the hardest. They're so complex and fast.

Cacophony, Micheal Angelo Batio, Buckethead, and Paul Gilbert are very difficult too.

altronataku
12-24-2005, 11:51 PM
What is hard though is getting the sound and feel, the emotion, of Hendrix.
You rarely come across that.

So I'd say not hard but certainly not easy.
No it's not. It's still pretty easy. His feel is just a lot of slides and some subtle bluesy breaks. Some people can get it, some can't.

pakistanman
12-24-2005, 11:52 PM
"Get the Hell Outta Here" Steve Vai

apocalypse13
12-24-2005, 11:52 PM
^^Hey, that song I told you to listen to ages ago, "Metal Dog" is the last link in my last post.

Skippy_McNutty
12-24-2005, 11:55 PM
steve vai or some zakk wylde

NevermorePsalm
12-25-2005, 12:05 AM
Agreed. That was sheer BS. Okak! we f***ing get it, you can play fast...now give us some music. :rolleyes:

Dude, Im sorry, but that was just wanking for the sake of showing his skills. If you knew your stuff, and I know you don't, you would know that he was an amazing guitarist and songwriter, along with the fact that he was also I good person. He became obese from his use of steroids do to his lung condition, so whoever said obese people shouldnt play guitar can stuff it. Check out Grey Pianos Flying or something off of Powers of Ten. Hopefully you'll see his amazing style. As for the hardest song, try the tremelo picking on a nylon string from some of Tarrega's masterpieces. I am thinking of one in particular, but I can't remember the name.

apocalypse13
12-25-2005, 12:13 AM
Yeah, Shawn can play technically anything, so stfu.

fendermalmsteen
12-25-2005, 12:14 AM
The following...

Shawn Lane
Rusty Cooley
Ron Thal
Paul Gilbert
Allan Holdsworth
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
Al DiMeola
John Petrucci
francesco fareri

...are undistputedly the best (and fastest) guitarists of all time, dead or not.

Remebol
12-25-2005, 12:16 AM
im sure the hardest song isnt a song written in this century, its probably a beethoven song or something in that direction.

^and you forgot Eric Johnson

apocalypse13
12-25-2005, 12:17 AM
Yeah I totally forgot Thal, that guy's a freakin monster. Here's a vid.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3362009668097296032&q=thal

altronataku
12-25-2005, 12:22 AM
im sure the hardest song isnt a song written in this century, its probably a beethoven song or something in that direction.
Oh yea, I remember that one GUITAR caprice written by Beethoven, it's impossible. :rolleyes:

apocalypse13
12-25-2005, 12:28 AM
I think he means hardest to play on guitar, not written for guitar. Piano pieces are extremely hard to play on guitar.

altronataku
12-25-2005, 12:30 AM
Well, even if that was the case, Beethoven is still not that hard to play on guitar, at least not speed-wise. He was never really big on speed.

Anyways, I'm kind of disappointed that people take speed as the overwhelming aspect that determines how much skills a guitar player has.

apocalypse13
12-25-2005, 12:37 AM
Meh, speed isn't huge for me, it's more technicalities for me. Although Shawn Lane just blows me away, but he's also very technical too. Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, Buckethead, Marty Friedman, Jason Becker, Ron Thal, Yngwie Malmsteen, Joe Satriani and Micheal Angelo Batio pwn major ass, and don't focus on speed exclusively. It's all about how melodic they can be.

Cadd99
12-25-2005, 12:37 AM
"Neon" by John Mayer is damn hard.

I've almost got the figerpicking and fingerings down, now I need to coordinate myself to be able to sing with it.

Inahrima
12-25-2005, 03:28 AM
try playing some beethoven :D
classical music, thats fingerpicked is quite hard IMO

stevevaiguy
12-27-2005, 02:46 PM

? DID you just start playing guitar or are you screwin around?

apocalypse13
12-27-2005, 02:50 PM
He's obviously being sarcastic. I can't believe you didn't pick up on that.

Stop Messin'
12-27-2005, 04:20 PM
Anything by Stevie Ray Vaughan like Texas Flood and Scuttle Buttin'. You need like 9 hands to play his stuff.

jmag
12-27-2005, 04:46 PM
if you people would tell who is this buckethead character. maybe I'm ignorant, but it seems that the guy plays like all hell broke loose (in the good sense of it), and is creepy like effe and I've never heard of him. PM me or sth for not to hijack the thread.
try playing flamenco for the hardest song.

cagnius
12-27-2005, 04:46 PM
Satin Doll by Joe Pass I think.

Jazz standards are THE HARDEST things ever.

NevermorePsalm
12-27-2005, 05:34 PM
Well, even if that was the case, Beethoven is still not that hard to play on guitar, at least not speed-wise. He was never really big on speed.

Anyways, I'm kind of disappointed that people take speed as the overwhelming aspect that determines how much skills a guitar player has.

Im not going on just with speed, but Shawn's phrasing, vibrato, etc., are all amazing, and in the Tarrega piece, its just rather hard to tremelo pick with your fingers, especially on a nylon string.

*motleymace*
01-06-2006, 04:10 PM
seranna by jason becker.....oh yea

D4rKn3ss
01-06-2006, 04:14 PM
metallica - one ? :P

I_am_spartacus
01-06-2006, 04:27 PM

that song in that video is like being in a damn arcade

duncang
01-07-2006, 04:00 AM
haha fatty - want a pie you fat bastar.d?

Good to see your banned.

Im just waiting till lil-matee comes on her and says American Idiot (and means it)

But really its probably some Yngwie or that Deep Purple solo mentioned earlier

LochieW
01-07-2006, 04:08 AM
I don't know what the hardest song is, but there's always an asshole replying with something like "blink 182" or "greenday" or "nirvana" etc. To those: read my sig.

stevevaiguy
02-28-2006, 10:00 AM
U said u would have to be Steve Vai himself to play Smells LIke Teen Spirit, thats gay, its easy, and u should have said just kidding at the end of the post

blynd_snyper
02-28-2006, 10:13 AM
there are some hard licks to play at www.guitarshredshow.com by far not the hardest ever but some are AMAZINGLY hard

Mace Mchullah
03-22-2006, 07:08 PM
Shawn lane was an amazing guitarist! that is not him let lose, Shawn was once at a NAMM show with vinnie moore, yingwie Malmsteen, steve vai and some other people i dont remember. They were all on stage and soloing and when it came to be shawn's turn to solo, well lets put it this way steve vai quit playing his guitar and grabed a video camera from somewhere to record him in action.
When shawn was 14 he was playing live with blue oak arkansass and out played Ted nuggent on stage! I Know these stories to be true because i live in memphis and shawn's former guitar Tech Is my guitar teacher! so quit shawne bashing!
p.s. i am a huge classic rock and blues fan and i definately hear the emotion when shawn played if you dont belive me then listen to his cover of "all along the watchtower"!

ih8u2
03-22-2006, 07:09 PM
Flight of The Bumblebee.

godofshred
03-22-2006, 07:19 PM
bumblefoot(ron thal), shawn lane, dream theater stuff all pwns, and is pretty hard

Doodeyfoodle
03-23-2006, 09:41 AM
that song in that video is like being in a damn arcade

Ahaha! I agree entirely. I don't find that stuff musically appealing at all. Technically difficult, but it's not the kind of thing that I hum to myself after hearing it. Forgettable...

n0e
03-23-2006, 12:22 PM
metallica - one ? :P

that song isn't that hard... the main solo is the hardest part and it's not too hard to get down...

now here's a hard song for you... (u'll laugh when you see it but just try to play it up to speed)

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/misc_computer_games/super_mario_brothers_-_overworld_tab.htm

metaltez
03-23-2006, 12:29 PM
Children of bodom songs, i can play angels dont kill which is tricky and thats thier easiest song. (i can only play the two verses).

metaltez
03-23-2006, 12:31 PM
that song isn't that hard... the main solo is the hardest part and it's not too hard to get down...

now here's a hard song for you... (u'll laugh when you see it but just try to play it up to speed)

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/misc_computer_games/super_mario_brothers_-_overworld_tab.htm

That is a bit tricky, but it aint impossibly hard. take me about a 2 nights to learn it.

03-23-2006, 12:58 PM
dragonforce songs tend to be really really hard

Gideon Ravenor
03-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Most Radiohead Songs are quite difficult to play, especially some of Jonny's parts.

sashki
03-23-2006, 02:34 PM
Anything that's blindingly fast and involves skipping strings and stretching your fingers from here to Budapest.

roumen
03-23-2006, 02:59 PM

he may be really good and do almost impossible stuff technique-wise

but to me that was quite BORING,
its not captivating (well, thats my opinion, but im sure there are many people who feel the same and i never said he is a bad guitarist, i respect his ability)

you dont need something complicated and extremely technically challenging to sound good.

killswitch_mike
04-13-2006, 04:09 PM
he may be really good and do almost impossible stuff technique-wise

but to me that was quite BORING,
its not captivating (well, thats my opinion, but im sure there are many people who feel the same and i never said he is a bad guitarist, i respect his ability)

you dont need something complicated and extremely technically challenging to sound good.

Definately, that dude plays fast but it sounds like no scale at all, it was like random notes to me...

killswitch_mike
04-13-2006, 04:12 PM
haha i have to put this on here!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&n=2&videoid=652589900&&Mytoken=C1F3B2CD-14F5-DE15-C4BEF320CFB3CF8F7016

LPIndin
04-13-2006, 04:19 PM
theres a kid in my school who thinks hes a kickass guitarist and he has trouble with green day. i went and jammed him with once and he starts playing green day. i start laughing, he gets all serious and ****s the "solo" to holiday in the ass and i tell him to quit kidding while i warm up with metallica and hes looking at me like im a god. from that day forward i pick on him and call him a ****ing noob.

Tallman
04-13-2006, 04:21 PM
The most imposssible song ever. Wild Thing.

Na seriously Behold... the Arctopuss stuff will make fingers break the sound barrier.

Guitar-freak
04-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Stairway To Heaven's really hard to play? Cause that's my pick.

Well, i've been playing for about 7 months, and i've no problem with stairway to heaven. If thats the hardest song in the world, i'll most definately be the worlds nr. one in another 6 months :D

BaByStEpS
04-13-2006, 04:28 PM
I dunno if its already been said, but Buckethead does some pretty @#$%ed up stuff.

Mr. President
04-13-2006, 04:41 PM
The solo(s) from fury of the storm, Dragonforce.

Jakeylee111
04-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Under the Influence - Rusty Cooly.

xion665
03-11-2007, 04:31 PM

I think that is the true answer to the hardest song to play. It varies from musician to musician.

PopNFresh07
03-11-2007, 04:40 PM
^ Then the hardest song to play is something that incorporates all aspects and skills of playing guitar into one song.

Bluesy Jazz Shred with a crazy acoustic finger picked rhythm.

...Clearly the answer is American Idiot.

...Sorry. :(

will0mon
03-11-2007, 09:19 PM
I am still a total noob, but based on sound, I would say some Steve Vai; like For the Love of God.

EDIT:: Or some SRV stuff, Little Wing/Voodoo Chile(cover) and I know it's short but Scuttlebuttin' sounds hard.

And Dragonforce is good, but they're sort of a show-offy 'look at me!' kind of band. Having said that, they play absolutely amazingly.

hammetfan86
03-16-2007, 03:47 AM
hardest song to play on guitar? well i think it depends on ur style, a blues player probably wont be able to shred heavy metal solos the same way a metalhead cant keep a blues rythm, but for me, i play a bit of everything and i think that John Frusciante is a really good guitarist and some stuff he does is really hard, cant think of any particular song tho

BadKarma
03-16-2007, 09:31 AM
The live version of Since I've Been Lovin You by Zeppelin

gallagher2006
03-16-2007, 09:32 AM
Wonderwall is a bitch to play

gothical
03-16-2007, 06:09 PM
The easiest song had to be seranna by jason becker

Sonicxlover
03-16-2007, 06:14 PM
If anyone can play Moonlight Sonata movement 3 (the really fast one), I'd be in awe. Shock and awe.

That has to be the hardest song to play on the guitar. And don't tell me it's not on the guitar, because I've looked at a Powertab of it.

MyGuitarAndMe
03-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Anything that's blindingly fast and involves skipping strings and stretching your fingers from here to Budapest.

what if you live in budapest

halfback_712
03-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Fury of the Storm by Dragonforce.

The Overlord
03-16-2007, 06:24 PM
If anyone can play Moonlight Sonata movement 3 (the really fast one), I'd be in awe. Shock and awe.

That has to be the hardest song to play on the guitar. And don't tell me it's not on the guitar, because I've looked at a Powertab of it.

while i agree wholeheartedly that it would be one of the most difficult things to play on guitar, i hope you're joking about your second paragraph... i'm pretty sure Beethoven didn't shred up an Ibanez when composing songs.

Sonicxlover
03-16-2007, 06:29 PM
while i agree wholeheartedly that it would be one of the most difficult things to play on guitar, i hope you're joking about your second paragraph... i'm pretty sure Beethoven didn't shred up an Ibanez when composing songs.Well obviously, I mean don't tell me it's played on the piano only.

deadbolt39
03-16-2007, 06:33 PM
i'm pretty sure Beethoven didn't shred up an Ibanez when composing songs.

:haha that gave me a good laugh.

The Overlord
03-16-2007, 06:40 PM
Well obviously, I mean don't tell me it's played on the piano only.

sorry but it is. the moonlight sonata was written in 1801 by Beethoven, and is one of his most famous pieces. the third movement is still considered one of the most technically challenging and impressive pieces of piano music to date (description sort of adapted from Wikipedia)

Zox
03-16-2007, 06:47 PM
I think it's strange that people suggest songs from bands such as metallica or pantera as the hardest ones to play. They're not. I can play every single pantera song and every single metallica song without any problems, and im not a great guitarist.
If you are looking for hard music, i would suggest bands such as Symphony X or maybe Dream Theater. A lot of Racer X songs are hard to. And i don't mean "technical difficulties, as it's one of their easier instrumentals. Scarified, Scit scat wah or Frenzy are way harder to play.

Dyer's Eve
03-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Pretty much anything Fredrick Thordendal has played on. Very Allan Holdsworth-esque.

The solo in New Millenium Cyanide Christ is a good example. Try playing that cleanly with using anything to mute your strings.

bi-ah!
03-17-2007, 04:58 PM
dude. all of that is ez. 4 BaBiEs.

coheed356
03-17-2007, 09:37 PM
hardest song without a doubt, roundabout by yes

assrammer123
03-17-2007, 09:40 PM
Your time is "closing" in. Prepare to join, or fail!

T3H HAMMER: :finger:

Sonicxlover
03-17-2007, 09:40 PM
hardest song without a doubt, roundabout by yes
Lol, I learned how to play that song in my first year.

KsE
03-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Thread Starter, I can't believe that you think that Master of Puppets is the hardest song to play, I can play it and I suck compared to 99% of the rest of the world's guitarists.

Floyd1122
03-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Some Dream Theater or Liquid Tension Experiment song.

The way to hate
03-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Master of Puppets isn't tough.

Omnislash502
03-24-2007, 09:00 PM
why is everybody naming supereasy songs? the most difficult song i have ever attempted to learn would be operation ground and pound by DragonForce, not so much the riff but all the solos are pretty much godlike.

oh and was the guy that said smells like teen spirit serious?