Rock's Diein' out, man!

PDA

View Full Version : Rock's Diein' out, man!

Stilton 1
12-03-2005, 04:45 AM
Come on. Open your eyes. Rock's died. All we have left are indie, metal and punk ( and maybe classical). Post me a reply on wether u think rock's died or not and if not, name me a band that is rock. :peace:

Ace Frehley
12-03-2005, 04:51 AM
Velvet Revolver,The Darkness,Lenny Kravitz and White Stripes they are playing Rock music!!!

crazee201
12-03-2005, 04:55 AM
i think metal is fading away quickly. caouse all im hearing these days r like club, pop, punk and dj, rap hip hop etc etc uban ****.

QOTSA40
12-03-2005, 05:27 AM
ACE outta all those bands, VR is prolly the only one contributing to the revival of rock music. I really dont see why the hell people are all high and mighty on the darkness, they are godamn awful and the lead singers a ****in wanker. im not even british, and i know he's a wanker.

SpacedOut
12-03-2005, 06:32 AM
No genre of music will ever die out.

Rock hasn't been in the mainstream since the 60's or 70's. Its all been punk, pop-punk, hair-metal, grunge, emo etc since then.

You dont realise that all you are listening today is either an evolution or subgenre of a genre that came before.

flame843
12-03-2005, 07:52 AM
^Well said.

There are many regular rock artists/bands still out there, just less are in the mainstream. All of the bands Ace Frehley mentioned play straight-up rock music.

tard on tour
12-03-2005, 08:17 AM
acdc are still around (making new album i think)

Danno13
12-03-2005, 10:03 AM
Darkness ARE rock, though. Even if you don't like their singer, they're rock. Nobody ever accused Megadeth of not being metal, and Dave Mustaine's not exactly a media darling...

newyorkdolls138
12-03-2005, 01:40 PM
Valient Thorr.
And punk is just 50's rock sped up.

fenderjagstang
12-04-2005, 05:53 AM
Rock isnt at all dead, Frank Black, Pixies are just some of the named bands and dont forget that people still regularly listen to bands like primal scream and the stone roses (who could be reforming). You are right about how most rock is branching off into different genres

Riryoku
12-04-2005, 05:59 AM
i think metal is fading away quickly. caouse all im hearing these days r like club, pop, punk and dj, rap hip hop etc etc uban ****.

If your definition of "metal" is Metallica, then indeed, metal has died, been buried, fermented, exhumed, done up the tender arse, then reburied. :p:

Like Sarah said...no genre of music can die out, because genres divisions aren't very clear cut, either horizonally or vertically, if you catch my drift there.

Also, you can say that the Classical Period is dead, but you've still got ol' geezers and yougn children as well as people in between playing the stuff. Can you really consider it truly dead?

Danno13
12-04-2005, 07:22 AM
^Yngwie

SpacedOut
12-04-2005, 07:36 AM
Even renaissance is alive in gospel music. 20th century style music was never popular but korn useds a lor of dissonance which is one of the genres key facotrs. Music never dies itsonly reinvented.

sadistic_monkey
12-04-2005, 07:54 AM
Just because rock isn't mainstream, or the way you want it, doesn't mean its dead. They are some amazing modern rock bands, like Incubus and Tool.

leaping badger
12-04-2005, 08:16 AM
If you look hard enough you can find good stuff, just because it's not played on the radio, doesn't mean it's not good or dying out.

Stilton 1
12-04-2005, 11:59 AM
Velvet Revolver,The Darkness,Lenny Kravitz and White Stripes they are playing Rock music!!!

Nah, that's indie

Stilton 1
12-04-2005, 12:01 PM
ACE outta all those bands, VR is prolly the only one contributing to the revival of rock music. I really dont see why the hell people are all high and mighty on the darkness, they are godamn awful and the lead singers a ****in wanker. im not even british, and i know he's a wanker.

I agree mate. He is a ****in' wanker. He screams like a new born baby. :peace:

Stilton 1
12-04-2005, 12:04 PM
^Well said.

There are many regular rock artists/bands still out there, just less are in the mainstream. All of the bands Ace Frehley mentioned play straight-up rock music.

To be honest, trying to make rock music is bloody difficult. I'm in a rock band and I know, I've tried.

Stilton 1
12-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Rock isnt at all dead, Frank Black, Pixies are just some of the named bands and dont forget that people still regularly listen to bands like primal scream and the stone roses (who could be reforming). You are right about how most rock is branching off into different genres

Are the Stone roses getting back? Brilliant if they are!

Vriend
12-04-2005, 12:09 PM
"Rock and roll lives and breathes in the hearts of the earth" - Triumph

kingkarl7
12-05-2005, 12:04 PM
Caroline Spine....the greatest rock band you've never heard of! Jimmie Eat World is a rock band, as is the Foo Fighters. Nickelback is also a rock band. And my band, King Karl, is also a rock band. Rock is different things to different people, if it never changed everyone would still be playing Chuck Berry style rock n roll.

timi_hendrix
12-05-2005, 12:52 PM
You're livin' in the nieties, man dude rad!!!

Rock isn't gonna die. It just isn't as mainstream as it once was.

darkmetallica
12-05-2005, 05:56 PM
the rolling stones have just brought out a new album how can you say rock is dying out :S

MastaBassist10
12-05-2005, 06:56 PM
No genre of music will ever die out.

Rock hasn't been in the mainstream since the 60's or 70's. Its all been punk, pop-punk, hair-metal, grunge, emo etc since then.

You dont realise that all you are listening today is either an evolution or subgenre of a genre that came before.
So you're saying emo, punk/pop-punk, hair metal and grunge aren't rock. Some with metal. It's all rock, just sub-genres. Rock will never die.

rockon004
12-08-2005, 11:58 AM
rock isnt dead, its just changing. which i think is good. who wants to hear the same sound for all eternity?

SpacedOut
12-08-2005, 12:11 PM
So you're saying emo, punk/pop-punk, hair metal and grunge aren't rock. Some with metal. It's all rock, just sub-genres. Rock will never die.

Im talking about the actual rock genre. Not subdivisons of it.

Technically metal came from punk not rock. But punk came from rock, therefore metal did.

dittohead123
12-10-2005, 09:00 PM

thats cause metals underground. its not really a mainstream style and if it was it would suck because mainstream metal is like kiss and stuff and they suck. i think metal has more fans than any other style

giddyup306
12-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Mainstream Rock is dead in my book which is why I don't listen to it. I'm utterly discusted by the lack of talent that is put into most mainstream bands. Punk is a good ****in example. Rock is still alive and well if you know where to look.....

I don't know what you concider rock but...

The Rolling Stones. After the neuclear holocost, the only things that will be left is the coak roaches and the Stones.

darkmetallica
12-11-2005, 08:26 AM
Kiss are a great band and are rock n roll NOT metal and you would know that if you listened to them... but thats not the point u like what you like and everyone likes what ever the hell they like but i think it will take a lot to kill rock

AeroRose42
02-25-2007, 02:48 PM
This happens to all music... and pretty much every aspect of every subject in the universe. Everytime something starts and its a huge thing it goes on forever. The music we hear today evolved from the first caveman pounding his head on a rock (I hear Slipknot was mostly influenced by him lol jk jk). Anywho you cant expect music to stay the same forever especially when there are people all over the world who like other music but rock more.... but when they create rock their brainchild is slightly different. And it goes on and on till you get from chuck berry to Fall out boy (Both bands that im very fond of)

davedoom
02-25-2007, 02:54 PM
really dont mean to sound like a bastard, but spell correctly please