Guitar jam w/ vocals in D [PTB, TAB, MIDI] (crit4crit)

PDA

View Full Version : Guitar jam w/ vocals in D [PTB, TAB, MIDI] (crit4crit)

Chubz
12-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Hey all. I am making some stuff to jam with my friend. We both are learning to sing, I do lead guitar, and he does rhythm. I created a Jam in the key of D (most of it I'm pretty sure) to play with him, including the voice notes to play.

I don't know if this could actually become a song, or just stay an exercise, but leave me your feedback.

It's mostly arpeggios and stuff. Good fun

I'm thinking I could add alot to this because it was very simple to make, but I like it right now, and I dont know how to use DC is PTB so I can't really.

The actual tab if you dont have PTB is in a HTML file in the zip file.

I will review and criticize your tab/song as long as you review mine.

Thanks again for listening :D Don't be a stranger.

EDIT: fixed the major over F#m crap (Im a freaking music theory nub)

Hopefully fixed clashing notes at end, tell me what you think

Grovermans
12-03-2005, 01:58 PM
you've got a helluva lot of clashing notes.
when you play the F#m you're playing
the major notes overtop of it.
and then at the end, it's just clashing.

Chubz
12-03-2005, 02:37 PM
I fixed the major notes over F#m and replaced them with minor, it should sound better now. Also, I attempted to reduce the clashing you said was at the end grovermans, so tell me what you think i made the scale start at the base note of the chords...

Im a music theory retard :no:

Weebl
12-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Its not bad, not exactly the kinda thing im into, but still not bad, i got a bit of an RHCP/Cabron vibe from the intro, even though it has been about i year since i heard it so im probably loads out, anyway, nice :)

Andrewbiles
12-04-2005, 10:39 AM
Haha that's awesome. It sounds so traditional (like a couple of hundred year old folk song type thing). Only problem with it was the chords were over-powering the lead parts quite a bit, I don't know if there's a way to turn volumes down in powertab, but that's the only thing I'd change.

n00blet
12-04-2005, 11:04 AM
nice a refreshing change to most of the rest of the stuff on ug. hmmm lyrics would make it sound way better perhaps a bit bland on its own. i liked it tho, record it with some lyrics !

les_paul_01
12-05-2005, 05:32 AM
nice! it was simple, but still sounded really damn good. everything mixed together well. good work!

Pure_Morning
12-07-2005, 02:27 PM
Definately has the folk 17th Century feel to it. Different, some of the notes clashed badly too.