[PowerTab] Dielectrical Travesty

PDA

View Full Version : [PowerTab] Dielectrical Travesty

Egrodyne
12-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Right i finally finished this so i thought i'd stick the final cut up for crit....im bloody hopless with time sigs and all that so the songs basic in that respect and also the reason it takes me so long to write powertabs lol

So also any comments/surgestions you have are welcome

Ta :)

n00blet
12-04-2005, 12:02 PM
typing as i listen : hmm woa wasnt what i expected, nice tho those bends sound sweet. sounded original and kind of wierd at the same time

Weebl
12-04-2005, 12:13 PM
Pretty damn good, really different and interesting, that main guitar lick is pretty cool, pretty good overall :) check out mine if you can http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289753 thanks :)

Egrodyne
12-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Thanks fella's! ....yeah, im tryin to incorpate different elements with "space" rock....where its a tad over the top...i'll check your one weebl!

hthedinga
12-04-2005, 06:27 PM
Well that was thoroughly badass.

I thought the chordal progressions were plenty interesting and made even more so by having multiple parts that did different things. Good stuff.

I thought the bridge and ending could use a little work and maybe just the overall flow of the song. But then again, this is just a powertab file without vocals, so those constructive criticisms should probably be taken lightly.

Does anyone know what its called when you use a minor 4 chord in a major key? It might just be borrowing from the minor scale. The common thing to do is to go from a major 4 chord to a minor 4 chord to a major 1 chord. It's so common that there's probably a name for it.

The minor 4 chord was used in this song. How did you decide to use it? Where did you learn about it and composing songs?

les_paul_01
12-05-2005, 05:26 AM
that was pretty damn good. its nice to have someone doing something different every now and again.

Egrodyne
12-05-2005, 12:32 PM
*Updated* - The Bridge

The scale is the harmonic minor hthedinga....my personal fav scale, i use it alot

piratepirate
12-05-2005, 04:02 PM
wow. very nice, unlike anything i've really heard lately. Love the use of some bizzare sounds, really works for the piece. also the guitar preaks were nicely done. can't say anything bad, really nice stuff.

hthedinga
12-05-2005, 07:20 PM
*Updated* - The Bridge

The scale is the harmonic minor hthedinga....my personal fav scale, i use it alot

Ahhhhhh. The note you sharp when the go from natural to harmonic minor, the leading tone, when transfered over to the relative major scale will give you a major three chord. It also lets you make your six chord in the minor scale, major or minor. Music theory is good stuff.

Pure_Morning
12-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Very different. A lot more different than most the stuff on here. I liked it.

Spark1284
12-06-2005, 11:26 PM
ooo i like the prog feel alottttt... good job

Paint
12-07-2005, 01:33 PM
this kinda had a gatsby's american dream feel to it but not the same. i didnt like how slow it was with how much was going on. my fav part is the first half of the bridge.

Generalpwnt
12-07-2005, 08:19 PM
cool stuff mate, muy bueno...i swear i can hear the words titty titty bang bang on one of the last chorus thing... not even kidding...

xdespairfactor
12-07-2005, 10:30 PM
can you please post a midi of this, that would really make me happy.

and if you get a chance check out my latest post http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289559

Egrodyne
12-08-2005, 08:21 PM
can you please post a midi of this, that would really make me happy.

and if you get a chance check out my latest post http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289559

Wolla :)